IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Courting - Part 2

Coconut Flan

I remember seeing a pic around here somewhere that looks like what you describe, but I can't find it now. Who else was in that scene?

The wedding was November 1 and Josiah claims he "noticed her" on the El Salvador trip in December, iirc. I suspect he noticed her before that, but that's none of my business. :character-kermit: :soda: <-- this is a feeble attempt to recreate Kermit the frog sipping tea, by using FJ smilies :lol:

That scene is at the rehearsal dinner where different people are speaking and when Jinger speaks that's what she says, amid lots of tears. It really pains me to see her being so hard on herself.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That scene is at the rehearsal dinner where different people are speaking and when Jinger speaks that's what she says, amid lots of tears. It really pains me to see her being so hard on herself.

Yeah, I found it. So sad :(

I remember seeing a pic around here somewhere that looks like what you describe, but I can't find it now. Who else was in that scene?

The wedding was November 1 and Josiah claims he "noticed her" on the El Salvador trip in December, iirc. I suspect he noticed her before that, but that's none of my business. :character-kermit: :soda: <-- this is a feeble attempt to recreate Kermit the frog sipping tea, by using FJ smilies :lol:

I could've sworn I saw her in Jessa's wedding (TLC episode, obv.) the part right before the rehearsal where you see Sierra surrounded by hundreds of people who are there to help. Marjorie seems to be standing right to Sierra's left (our right).

Please don't speculate about the sexuality of minors. It's against the rules and you should edit/delete that post before the moderators put you in the Player Closet.

I think that Josiah and Marjorie seem really into each other, and I'm not sure that either of them has drank the Kool Aid that hard. As a matter of fact, I think they have the greatest chance out of all of the couples we know about (and all of the older Duggar kids) to get out of wacky Gothardism. They just both seem genuine still in a way that all of the older kids don't.

I think that Josiah and Marjorie seem really into each other, and I'm not sure that either of them has drank the Kool Aid that hard. As a matter of fact, I think they have the greatest chance out of all of the couples we know about (and all of the older Duggar kids) to get out of wacky Gothardism. They just both seem genuine still in a way that all of the older kids don't.

Marjorie, unfortunately like Derick and Ben, seems 100% down to board the Gothard train. It doesn't appear that she's worn pants since that one time when she was 13 (something like that). At this point, anyone who dates courts a Duggar knows what they're getting in to on the religious front, and they all seem to be screaming SIGN ME UP. That's why JB approves them. While according to their doctrine JB may not have needed to officially approved Marjorie, I have no doubt that it was talked about at some point.

Marjorie, unfortunately like Derick and Ben, seems 100% down to board the Gothard train. It doesn't appear that she's worn pants since that one time when she was 13 (something like that). At this point, anyone who dates courts a Duggar knows what they're getting in to on the religious front, and they all seem to be screaming SIGN ME UP. That's why JB approves them. While according to their doctrine JB may not have needed to officially approved Marjorie, I have no doubt that it was talked about at some point.

I am fairly certain Marge wore pants as recently as the missionary tourism vacation the Duggars took last December. Both her and her sister are seen pictured in jeans with JimBoob in at least one photo but there's so freaking many from that trip I don't have time to sort through them now. She has not been seen in pants since her sale to - I MEAN - relationship with Josiah was announced.

But wearing pants doesn't mean much when it comes to being a sexist, anti-woman's rights, homophobic bigot.

I think they're a cute couple but they are just still way, WAY too young. They have clearly known each other for years and years, since before puberty. This would be the closest either one can get to having a high school sweetheart, but goddammit, if they get married within a year, Marge, at least, will be a teenage mother. Michelle and JimBoob may have married at 17 and 19 but Josh didn't come along until they were 21 and 22 (and they turned 22 and 23 in the same year). Josiah and Marge won't have the luxury of being married for three years before starting a family.

Sigh. It's just all sorts of wrong.

I start with the basic premise that if someone is into a Duggar enough to be willing to go through the whole ridiculous and public courtship rituals, they're already too far gone into fundamentalism. I won't have any hope that any spouse might be an escape route for a Duggar until the show is off the air, or at the very least, they quietly get married without it being featured on the show at all.

I start with the basic premise that if someone is into a Duggar enough to be willing to go through the whole ridiculous and public courtship rituals, they're already too far gone into fundamentalism. I won't have any hope that any spouse might be an escape route for a Duggar until the show is off the air, or at the very least, they quietly get married without it being featured on the show at all.

I agree with this, plus it looks to me like business as usual with the Duggar lying, fabricating, and skirting around the truth. Josiah says he noticed her on a mission trip in December but then I saw the photo of him and her and Tom Cotton which dates back to Oct 2014. Why freakin lie about it? I doubt it Josiah's decision to try to portray it that way but he goes along with it and Marjorie along with him and so nothing is different with these two, Josiah will propose on her 18th birthday, they will be married within 3-6 months of that and Marjorie will be a mother before she is 20.

While I'm happy Josiah hasn't posted any pics of Bible quotes or chic-fil-a, I'd wish the pics he does post would have more context. I'm nosey. I wanna see who he was w at Cracker Barrel. I'm tired of the 2 head shot, tho the pic w Jordyn is cute.

I've never been back to Chick Fil A since I heard how they push people around and discriminate. I eat less Chikin. :wink-kitty:

Must be even more pressure on Jana and John David now that Josiah is courting. It pushes them further up the Duggar food chain for marriage.

While I'm happy Josiah hasn't posted any pics of Bible quotes or chic-fil-a, I'd wish the pics he does post would have more context. I'm nosey. I wanna see who he was w at Cracker Barrel. I'm tired of the 2 head shot, tho the pic w Jordyn is cute.

Anyone who posts a 2-head-shot with themselves and Jordyn, the forgotten child, without Josie or others butting in gets a point in my scorebook!

I could've sworn I saw her in Jessa's wedding (TLC episode, obv.) the part right before the rehearsal where you see Sierra surrounded by hundreds of people who are there to help. Marjorie seems to be standing right to Sierra's left (our right).

Marj was also one of the volunteers at Jill's wedding! Caught a rerun the other day, and I'm pretty sure it was her even though she was only on screen for half a second.

I personally don't see it as a big deal that they're families were friends and she was pictured around before. It could well be true that the pair grew closer naturally and when he saw her in the intense environment of a mission trip he realised quite how he felt more seriously. It's very common...

Two more horny teens dying to have some physical contact, poor kids. I mean, I don't even think they are allowed to masturbate, are they?

If I were in that situation, maybe those Duggar boys would be looking like Daniel Craig right now.

Her parents need a wake up call.

Their daughter is being married off to be a brood mare and she's only 17. She'll no doubt have at least one kid under her belt by the time she's no longer a teen.

I mean zero offence to teen parents, I was one myself. But I can say with 100% certainty that it's not a life I want for any of my kids, male or female. I wouldn't willingly and happily let them be with someone who would limit their future to just having babies and nothing else.

I personally don't see it as a big deal that they're families were friends and she was pictured around before. It could well be true that the pair grew closer naturally and when he saw her in the intense environment of a mission trip he realised quite how he felt more seriously. It's very common...

I agree. I still think they're way too young, but at least they've known each other long enough that they might actually KNOW each other.

I don't doubt that Marjorie has the hots for Josiah (and vice versa). But what I fear is driving her willingness to be possibly ( or ugh, probably) a 18-year old teen mom is her desire to be on TV (and in national magazines).

I wonder if she would have rushed into courtship at age 17 if she didn't have the carrot of being a "TV star" dangling in from of her.

She is obviously intelligent, spunky, confident and pretty, for her age.

But that's the thing that bothers me so much about all of these relationships, even Jillymuffin and Derick. Jessa and Bin.

They all have the maturity level of perpetual 15 year olds (not their fault), and i saw a post above about how they are all dying for physical contact from their courtship partner whoever it is, and you are so right! they have been (at least the duggar kids have) been denied physical loving contact from even their own fucking parents. Now nobody can say that is a normal way to treat your children or how to teach them about loving and comforting familial contact between relatives. It's dis associative and bizarre. It's teaching the kids an unnatural HUNGER for normal contact that us Fjers really take for granted.

I won't go into all of the creepy comments from JBoob, we all know those already.

I guess i just find it really sad, because like the same type of discussion we always seem to have on here, these CHILDREN (because that's really what they are) are under-educated in so many ways other than just "school" qualifications. They are under-educated on what NORMAL physical contact is like hugging and cuddling and embracing in familial relationships, their freedoms are restricted to getting married and having babies, and we can all say "oh Josiah and Marjorie courted for such a long time! They know eachother so well!" "Ben and Jessa courted for over a year! They are going to be fine"

None of those assertions are true to the real point: these kids are KIDS, and like so many others have commented on various different threads, they are immature, EXTREMELY NAIVE and underprepared (look at Jill's labor--her self-righteous ignorance, which has been TAUGHT to her, could have resulted in some serious consequences for baby Dilly and her own health)

Look at Ben! --Oh he worked for his Dad.....then he now works for JimBob....and he plans to become a pastor and support a wife and baby? (and then more babies!?!)

For all i dislike their religious convictions and beliefs, there are some highly-educated and experienced pastors out there, and they would wipe the floor with that stupid little know-it-all! Again, he is just an overgrown teenager.....

So then there's Marjorie and Josiah.

What has Josiah done? Someone enlighten me....

Marjorie? I;m sorry but that video we saw of her was embarassing. She is obnoxious, in your face, clearly thinks her ways are the best ways, because i;m sure she's been told all her life how AMAZING she is....pretty puffed up ego....but then again.....she is a 17 year old CHILD!

She thinks she knows everything, has God all figured out, and is gonna marry Josiah and make babies and everything will be just fine!

Who can blame her at 17? I was like that too....except without all the God stuff and getting married....

I just pity them, is all. It isn't their fault, and if any of them do decide to expose themselves to the "real world" more as they get older, they will be more shocked and ill-prepared, because of all the years their parents kept them in thick, suffocating bubble.

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Her parents need a wake up call.

Their daughter is being married off to be a brood mare and she's only 17. She'll no doubt have at least one kid under her belt by the time she's no longer a teen.

I mean zero offence to teen parents, I was one myself. But I can say with 100% certainty that it's not a life I want for any of my kids, male or female. I wouldn't willingly and happily let them be with someone who would limit their future to just having babies and nothing else.

As I said before on this board, she's been in the Duggar's lives for years. Her mom is their Spanish teacher. There is no way in hell I see the Duggars allowing someone who isn't an ATI member teach their children. Her parents are just as into it as his parents are. And, as others have pointed out many times on this site, wearing pants when you're a woman is far from abnormal in the ATI community; so the idea that they aren't ATI because the women wear wants isn't really a fair assessment of the situation.

No, these kids are both from ATI families and both expected to uphold ATI values. Now, does that mean they WILL hold up those values? Not necessarily. But they will as long as the spotlight is on the Duggars. Unless, of course, the two want to get wrapped up in a media feeding frenzy, which will be the only outcome if a child doesn't tow the family line.

I start with the basic premise that if someone is into a Duggar enough to be willing to go through the whole ridiculous and public courtship rituals, they're already too far gone into fundamentalism.

I agree. And the scarier part is that they can't REALLY know the person they agree to court before courting, so they are entering into that crazy situation without the "well I'm desperately in love with XYZ and will agree to this as the only way to be with him!" reason.

I mean, if 5 months into dating my husband someone had said I had to do all that stuff to be able to continue seeing him I would be much more apt to do it than if they had said that after we met but before we'd spent any time together getting to know each other! Agreeing to all that basically sight unseen is FAR down the crazy fundie road IMO.

She is obviously intelligent, spunky, confident and pretty, for her age.

But that's the thing that bothers me so much about all of these relationships, even Jillymuffin and Derick. Jessa and Bin.

They all have the maturity level of perpetual 15 year olds (not their fault), and i saw a post above about how they are all dying for physical contact from their courtship partner whoever it is, and you are so right! they have been (at least the duggar kids have) been denied physical loving contact from even their own fucking parents. Now nobody can say that is a normal way to treat your children or how to teach them about loving and comforting familial contact between relatives. It's dis associative and bizarre. It's teaching the kids an unnatural HUNGER for normal contact that us Fjers really take for granted.

I won't go into all of the creepy comments from JBoob, we all know those already.

Yes, everything said here. :cry:

My parents are the coldest people on the face of the earth, due to being children themselves of very cold people. I never got hugs as a child (maybe after I sliced my finger off) and I never got an "I love you". I know the Duggars seem to say "I love you" on a regular basis, but the no physical contact really bothers me. Some people feel and express love through touch. I do, immensely. That's probably the main way that I do. A close cuddle means a lot more to me than words. It makes me feel loved. I need physical affection terribly. Because of that, since 11 or so, I've never not had a boyfriend. Or at least a special friend. It's kind of sad, that being starved for physical affection made me a bit of a whore as a teenager.

I really don't know how the Duggars handle it. I mean, at least one of those kids has to express love through touch. At least one of them yearns for a cuddle.

Look, the Bates have no problem touching women, but Josiah has to stand awkwardly in front of them. If he doesn't touch his family, how can he touch random attractive women? He can't even touch the Bates boys? Am I reading too much in to this picture, or is it awkward as f? post-12023-14452000208405_thumb.jpg

I wonder the Duggars can ever have natural relationships, because they've never had any in their life. Every relationship they've ever had has had some kind of rules or boundaries. Also, they're told how to feel, not allowed to express feeling naturally.

Yes, everything said here. :cry:

My parents are the coldest people on the face of the earth, due to being children themselves of very cold people. I never got hugs as a child (maybe after I sliced my finger off) and I never got an "I love you". I know the Duggars seem to say "I love you" on a regular basis, but the no physical contact really bothers me. Some people feel and express love through touch. I do, immensely. That's probably the main way that I do. A close cuddle means a lot more to me than words. It makes me feel loved. I need physical affection terribly. Because of that, since 11 or so, I've never not had a boyfriend. Or at least a special friend. It's kind of sad, that being starved for physical affection made me a bit of a whore as a teenager.

I really don't know how the Duggars handle it. I mean, at least one of those kids has to express love through touch. At least one of them yearns for a cuddle.

Look, the Bates have no problem touching women, but Josiah has to stand awkwardly in front of them. If he doesn't touch his family, how can he touch random attractive women? He can't even touch the Bates boys? Am I reading too much in to this picture, or is it awkward as f? [attachment=0]with juju chang abc feb 24 2015.jpg[/attachment]

I wonder the Duggars can ever have natural relationships, because they've never had any in their life. Every relationship they've ever had has had some kind of rules or boundaries. Also, they're told how to feel, not allowed to express feeling naturally.

That is an extremely awkward picture. I feel so bad for Josiah, as someone who doesn't know what to do with their hands often in pictures, I feel for him. Mostly because his parents made him this way! That poor kid can't even touch the Bates boys and the fact that they are so natural makes him look even more awkward. Poor kid! Poor soon to be married kid who will soon have more kids than he can think about... :pull-hair:

Archived