IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Courting - Part 2

Coconut Flan

You are. She was seen wearing pants during a promotion for her book, I think the picture is still up on her FB page. And in the first part of the thread.

I skimmed this thread and can't seem to find the photo or a link to her FB page. :(

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But once you get past a couple of little kids (or even two close in age )---some kid is ALWAYS ineeding attention ,or upset, or sick, or sad, or needing help changing or washing their hands or has a nightmare or wants to play a game or SOMETHING. And the more kids, the more constant it is. And, what people tend to forget-- is that multiple children means their needs/wants/demands/interests/activities are going to be at all sorts of different levels. If you are an adult in a large family- unless you are completely disconnected ( and I know sometimes that happens and it sucks ) it's going to be a lot of work . It just is.

This is such a good point. It's exhausting to think about. Similar to twins when you finally get baby A to sleep through the night but then baby B gets sick and you STILL have a kid up at night. Except they'll have babies A&B, plus children C-Q as well!!

And it was his parents that taught him that. He can't question if it's possible to love your wife without impregnating her without also questioning his upbringing.

He has a fully functioning brain, he can realize that there are different ways to live your life that are both okay. Just like anyone else who was raised one way and raises their own kids differently. We are more evolved than him. All he has to realize is that maybe it worked for his parents but it doesn't work for him.

I skimmed this thread and can't seem to find the photo or a link to her FB page. :(

Here you go, it was on the first thread. (Hope the upload works from tapatalk)

25289d4a41edf3df3d7dc0e64b4f8220.jpg

A user found it on her FB page, but the page was never linked.

He has a fully functioning brain, he can realize that there are different ways to live your life that are both okay. Just like anyone else who was raised one way and raises their own kids differently. We are more evolved than him. All he has to realize is that maybe it worked for his parents but it doesn't work for him.

You sure he has a fully-functioning brain? Sometimes I wonder ... :lol:

In all seriousness, though, the issue as I see it is that Josh has been brought up to believe that there *aren't* different, but equally acceptable, ways to live your life. In terms of family size, there is only one acceptable option, and to limit his family size he has to acknowledge his parents are wrong in this matter; not necessarily wrong in making the choice themselves, but wrong in teaching their children it's the only right choice.

I dunno, maybe I have an over-inflated sense of family loyalty, but like I said I have a leg up in the critical thinking department and it still took me a long time to acknowledge that my parents might have made mistakes in raising their children.

ETA: None of this changes the fact that it's Josh's responsibility to really think about what he wants for the future and what he believes. That said, I think it's indicative of how JB&M have done their children a disservice by not fostering critical thought.

Thanks! That photo looks fairly recently. I hope she continues to wear what she wants and doesn't morph into the typical Duggar lady.

I thought that video of Marjorie and Josiah singing was really cute! It's nice that they're bonding in some way that's fun for them despite that they can't touch/kiss/etc. I hope they court for at least a year, but somehow I feel like he'll propose on her 18th birthday :roll:

I love Marjorie more and more every time we see her and you can just tell she's passionate about a lot of things. It just sucks that she's going to spend the next 25 years screaming her head off in the delivery room, though.

I think the video is cute, too. Marjorie definitely has a spark, and I think she and Josiah could make a truly good match. Of course, I'd rather they went about it in a less fundie way, but who am I to tell them how to live their lives? That's Jim Bob's job :cray-cray:

WIll we ever see a Duggar renegotiate the courtship rules, like some Bates offspring have? Will any of them ever say: Why can't we hold hands sometimes--Brandon & Michael did? Why can't we front hug sometimes-- Alyssa & John did?

She has definitely got some talent! I hope she sticks with it. Iirc, she has done musical theatre? I'm really starting to like her. Go Josiah!

Marjorie is talented. The musical theater personality is maybe a bit grating, but she's still so young - she'll probably mellow out a bit with time. She seems confident, which is as good a sign as anything with a fundie woman, I guess.

They're cute together - as good a fit as you can be at 17 and 18, I guess.

Watching Josiah tonight on 19KAC as he was helping Benessa move into their new house, I was struck by how very young he still is. And thinking about how that very young man--still just a boy, really--is on track to be married and running his own house in a year was sobering. :|

That was quite the flirty look Miss Marjorie hot Josiah during that song ! I found that reassuring, chemistry wise. And I like that she seems very confident. Sooo young! But hey, some people who marry very young make it work. Many don't, of course, but at least she doresn't seem , on first glance, like the type who would be pushed around too easily.

As far as Josh and seeming excited about baby #4 ---I don't think he really does excited as an emotion. At least not on the show. He just seems more low key. I can't think of an instance, off the top of my head -- where he seemed super excited. Happy sometimes. Kind of ironic / funny sometimes. But not excited.

Does anything this will be a long courtship or will they be engaged & married really quickly.

I can't gauge it one way or another. On one hand, maybe MJ's parents want her to turn 18 first but then they might be so far in the koolaid that they're ready to hand her off to he Duggars.

She seems very sweet and happy and enthusiastic ... just so YOUNG. Teenage girl bubbly. Not what I'd call ready for a lifetime commitment, but I'm biased. I still feel a little sick that my sister got engaged at 20 to her first boyfriend...

I think they're gonna be married the second she turns 18. And I'm sorry, but I just can't get excited for them or see this as cute. For two "normal" teenagers in their first relationship? Sure, of course. But for two fundie kids--and one of them still legally is a kid--in an engagement or prelude to it? No. The serious, lifelong repercussions of it suck all the "cuteness" out of it for me.

And it's not even Josiah that I'm that worried about. It's Marjorie. I think Siah is too young for the responsibility of running a household and being a father, but when the alternative is life with JimBoob and J'Chelle, the better option is a toss up. But Marjorie is a kid from a relatively more normal family, a kid who wears jeans and has genuine hobbies (as opposed to the fake Duggar kind) and apparently doesn't think dancing is a sin. And at a very tender age at which she doesn't have the maturity to fully grasp the choice she's making, she is about to give all that up and submit herself to a lifetime as a brood mare in a cult. :cry: I find that heartbreaking, and I guess that's why even thinking about this as "cute" makes me feel a little ill.

I don't know what video you guys watched, but all I saw was the backs of two people mumbling inaudibly while one of them banged on an out of tune piano... :shrug:

I didn't see any personality or chemistry or hear any nice performance. :snooty:

WIll we ever see a Duggar renegotiate the courtship rules, like some Bates offspring have? Will any of them ever say: Why can't we hold hands sometimes--Brandon & Michael did? Why can't we front hug sometimes-- Alyssa & John did?

I think it will take a publically failed courtship for that to happen. I don't think that the Gil and Kelly would have been as relaxed with the rules if they had not had to deal with Zach's failed courtship.

I don't know what video you guys watched, but all I saw was the backs of two people mumbling inaudibly while one of them banged on an out of tune piano... :shrug:

I didn't see any personality or chemistry or hear any nice performance. :snooty:

This comment made me look for the video and watch it. Based on the comments I read before watching it, I thought they were singing show tunes, or something fun. I was so disappointed once I watched: two people mumbling inaudibly while one of them banged on an out of tune piano.

But after they were done singing, I did get a glimpse of Marjorie's perky personality.

Forgive me if this has been answered somewhere, but who pays for all the chaperones on the dates? Seems like all those extra meals/players/tickets or whatever would add up fast!

Forgive me if this has been answered somewhere, but who pays for all the chaperones on the dates? Seems like all those extra meals/players/tickets or whatever would add up fast!

TLC?

I thought of that also.

I doubt that TLC pays for any meal or event that they are not filming.

I doubt that TLC pays for any meal or event that they are not filming.

While TLC almost certainly covers or comps any dating expenses (or honeymoon costs) that are filmed, my comment was mostly referring to the fact the sole income for any adults not named Boob, Smuggar, or Derick is TLC. And in case of Josh and Derick,TLC is probably a larger source of income than their day jobs provide them.

Ben is married to a stay-at-home wife and living in a comfortable home with no job. Derick is living in a freaking mansion with a stay at home mother as a wife and his low-level Walmart accountant salary probably would just cover food and utilities. Josiah is courting with the intent to marry another teenager and has never held a job.

Their TLC money makes their expensive chaperoned dates possible.

Archived