IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Courting - Part 2

Coconut Flan

I guess there's always the idea of using someone you like well enough to have sex and start an independent life with in order to get out of the Tinker Toy House.

Anyone else think they could build a life with someone based on that premise alone? I'm not sure I could, but then again, I was never part of a brainwashed cult and desperate to get out.

But that really is the impression I get so far. Josiah and Marjorie like each other, so hey, why not get married and have a bunch of kids. Love? Feh! Who needs it?

I really hope I'm wrong. :(

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marjorie's in Big Sandy and wearing knee-length skirts, I see. That's sad. I'm sorry for needing to ask, but was this apparent ATI conversion pre or post Josiah courtship?

Is that one of Marjorie's sisters in the pic next to Josiah? Or is that her? Doesn't quite look like her to me, but I guess I'm not that used to her face yet. :D

I don't think Marjorie wearing a skirt (or being at the convention with them) necessarily means much. Her family was probably already IBLP to some extent if they're buddies with the Duggars. Not every woman with IBLP is skirts-only.

Think she's the one on the left wearing cowboy boots. The one standing next to Josiah could be her sister but it's hard to tell.

I think it's Marjorie beside Josiah, just because she looks like she's wearing the same shoes as in the People magazine photo.

PS: That's some serious pronation

These are the times that I feel bad for Josh. I look at him and Anna, realize that they're my age and thank god for my Catholic parents. I can't imagine having that many children and know that more are on the way. Yes, he's in that lifestyle and yes, he's a bit of a smug douche but that's gotta be taking it toll. Anna might be loving it but Josh is most definitely overwhelmed.

On the topic of Josiah, maybe it is his way of escaping the TTH. Maybe him and Marjorie will be completely fine. It just makes me sad that the only way out for them is to get married. I could totally see Josiah as an Arts student, discussing philosophy and history but that will never happen.

Once they start bringing innocent children into their lifestyle they lose any sympathy from me. They could STOP having kids if they aren't happy about them or are overwhelmed beyond normal parental overwhelming. I understand that it's hard to break free of all that brainwashing and lifestyle stuff, but when you become a parent, you step the hell up and get out if you want to or need to. IMO of course.

He isn't trapped, he isn't forced to procreate at gunpoint. He could own his own life and make a decision to change it if he isn't happy with it. He owes that to his kids IMO.

I think we'll see the buddy system starting soon, too. I do think Anna seems to be a more engaged mom than Michelle, so I honestly cannot see her doing it quite as extremely as Michelle (like making Mac get up in the middle of the night if a baby is crying) but she also seems to IDOLIZE Michelle. At least she seemed to show signs that she was teaching the boys to learn how to behave around babies, too - didn't she post an IG a few months back of one of the little boys playing with a doll? Fingers crossed that Mac won't be raising 18 younger siblings on her own...

And I also agree that Josh is probably stressed more about his career and finances. He is probably realizing that he was propelled forward by his parents' expectations for what his life was supposed to be and just went through the motions...and now what? This is it? For the rest of his life?

Anna might be 100% sold on being a SAHM forever but Josh looks like he could really be clinically depressed. I'm not sure Josh is necessarily put off by the idea of a large family in itself since he obviously LOVES his kids. But the logistics of it would be overwhelming. Jim Bob made it sound easy - all you have to do is grift, nickel and dime your friends and neighbors, and be a sleazy businessman! It's easy! God makes it all fall into place! :roll:

Michelle made her young kids get up in the middle of the night to take care of her babies? The thought makes me feel sick. That's horrible.

I agree, Josh seems depressed.

Michelle made her young kids get up in the middle of the night to take care of her babies? The thought makes me feel sick. That's horrible.

I agree, Josh seems depressed.

She sure did, though I don't know how young it started. During the episode with all the kittens, Jessa said during a talking head she was glad the young children got the experience of having to get up in the middle of the night to care for the kittens like the older girls had to for their siblings. She said it so casually, like it was totally normal. It's one of those instances where I felt true hatred for Michelle and Jim Bob (the first time was when they were building the house and Michelle swore that it was the kids' idea to just have to two giant bedrooms for them).

ETA: Can't find video but here's a description of the episode: crushable.com/2012/10/10/entertainment/duggars-kittens-19-kids-and-counting-jinger-jessa-michelle-jim-bob-538/

But the best moment of the episode came at the end (as usual), where Jessa and Jinger were ruminating on the kitten adventure. â€I’m glad that the younger kids have the opportunity to suffer — I mean to learn — through the same process of getting up and doing the feedings all throughout the night,†Jessa deadpanned while Jinger could barely hide her smile.

She sure did, though I don't know how young it started. During the episode with all the kittens, Jessa said during a talking head she was glad the young children got the experience of having to get up in the middle of the night to care for the kittens like the older girls had to for their siblings. She said it so casually, like it was totally normal. It's one of those instances where I felt true hatred for Michelle and Jim Bob (the first time was when they were building the house and Michelle swore that it was the kids' idea to just have to two giant bedrooms for them).

ETA: Can't find video but here's a description of the episode: crushable.com/2012/10/10/entertainment/duggars-kittens-19-kids-and-counting-jinger-jessa-michelle-jim-bob-538/

I remember that episode, and I always thought Jessa was referring to kittens that they had when they were younger... I could be wrong and totally naive though.

I really wonder what his coworkers think of him.

I really wonder what his work situation looks like. How many people, what is the office like, does he go in every day or tele-commute?

I wonder if FRC Action still considers him the fresh face?

Is he though?

Last summer, they had Jana around for quite a while, which they badly tried to hide to make a better story for the show (including outright lying, which I don't get how they can justify, but whatever). I don't think that was the first time, either - she's visited them several times, likely to help out.

Plus, Anna has a pretty decent spacing on her kids, so there hasn't likely hasn't been more than 2 kids in diapers at any one time. At this point, both Mac and Michael are probably potty trained. At 5, Mac can dress herself and probably both of her brothers. She can also help around the house with little chores and getting snacks for herself and her brothers.

Contrast this at age 5, Josh already had 5 brothers and sisters and a 6th on the way. No doubt, he was helping at out that age.

So, I don't think his exhaustion can be pinned to him picking up the slack; and I don't think his lack of interest in more kids compared to before has to do with it either.

I think it's just the reality of the real world hitting him. Life is not what he thought it would be. He thought he'd have more handed to him. Instead, he sees how things really work and knows he's woefully uneducated and unprepared for the life he thought he'd have. He probably also realizes that he'll never be able to pursue some of the dreams he had, like being an attorney.

I think he has no idea how to get out of his lifestyle. More children only mean that his life is more stuck. There certainly are ways he could get out, but that would mean changing everything he believes, ruining his marriage, potentially losing his job, and maybe even being cut off by the rest of his family.

I honestly don't think it helps either that he is in a proper real- world job (as much as the FRC are douche canoes, it's an organization) and he has to work really hard; he is used to working hard looking after kiddos and such but actual paperwork and grammar; I couldn't imagine the poor bloke doing too well. Not to mention that his last job was set up by JB and was probably a lot less busy. I wonder if he can touch type?

Anyone remember that "business" Josh started before he met Ana? I want to say it was some kind of PR for politicians, maybe. He had a site/blog for it and his writing was atrocious. TwoP had a field day with it. Granted, it was a long time ago, but considering he hasn't had any education or relevant work experience since then I imagine FRC was a huge slap in the face for him. Has anyone here worked there or in a similar type of organization? I'm wondering if there's anything Josh would do there that wouldn't invite scorn from his more qualified coworkers. Though the scorn would be inevitable no matter what, since everyone would know he got the job because of his "fame" as part of a reality tv freak show. Maybe he just calls/emails conservatives he knows and schmoozes to get donations or something, and writes the occasional "think" piece that caters to the lowest common denominator conservative, which everyone else knows is stupid but conservative politics being what it is that just care about the number$.

That episode is called "Kittens and Konstruction," for anyone who wants to check youtube.

I really wonder what his work situation looks like. How many people, what is the office like, does he go in every day or tele-commute?

I wonder if FRC Action still considers him the fresh face?

He has Brandon Keilen's brother for an underling now, so probably not.

I honestly don't think it helps either that he is in a proper real- world job (as much as the FRC are douche canoes, it's an organization) and he has to work really hard; he is used to working hard looking after kiddos and such but actual paperwork and grammar; I couldn't imagine the poor bloke doing too well. Not to mention that his last job was set up by JB and was probably a lot less busy. I wonder if he can touch type?

How much do you think Josh is actually in a proper job? FRCAction hired him to be the new face of faith and politics, not write legislation or chart the direction of the Republican party.

FJ seems to be certain that Josh only has that job because of 19kac and I agree. All Josh has to do is stay relevant and help keep the Duggar brand active and expanding.

I really doubt Josh does much decision making or much beyond making flyers for which he is given the content. He is willing to make appearances and do tours and that is his value to FRC Action.

As for his co-workers scorn, we all know who Josh Duggar is. Some of us might be able to identify Tony Perkins as the head honcho. Now who else is with FRC Action? Yeah.

That's the goodwill Josh brings to that organization.

frcaction.org/josh

Josh Duggar - Eldest of '19 Kids And Counting' - Is New Face of Faith and Politics

Anyone remember that "business" Josh started before he met Ana? I want to say it was some kind of PR for politicians, maybe. He had a site/blog for it and his writing was atrocious. TwoP had a field day with it. Granted, it was a long time ago, but considering he hasn't had any education or relevant work experience since then I imagine FRC was a huge slap in the face for him. Has anyone here worked there or in a similar type of organization? I'm wondering if there's anything Josh would do there that wouldn't invite scorn from his more qualified coworkers. Though the scorn would be inevitable no matter what, since everyone would know he got the job because of his "fame" as part of a reality tv freak show. Maybe he just calls/emails conservatives he knows and schmoozes to get donations or something, and writes the occasional "think" piece that caters to the lowest common denominator conservative, which everyone else knows is stupid but conservative politics being what it is that just care about the number$.

Strategic Political Services: ez14us.com/

His LinkedIn confirms: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joshduggar

Not only do you marry the first one, but you promise in front of dozens maybe hundreds of people that you will leave family size to God.'No one should have to make those kinds of promises promises when you don't know the future or what you can truly handle.It freaked me to hear it at Josh and Anna's wedding

Re: Josh, he just might be depressed because he never knew what child-rearing was like. Unlike his sisters, there was no expectation that he raise help raise his siblings. Unless he wants to start foisting some responsibility on his five-year-old daughter (wouldn't put it past them), he's got to pitch in.

Eh, how much "pitching in" does he actually do when he's presumably working during the day? At most, he plays with them while Ana prepares dinner and maybe tucks them in. He's not getting up in the middle of the night for feedings and diaper changes, he's not doing the day to day scut work involved in child-rearing. He spends an hour or two a night with them during the week and they do whatever it is they do on weekends as a family. There have been a few candid pictures of Ana out with all three kids, grocery shopping. That means that Josh can be bothered to either do the shopping himself or stay with at least one of the kids while Ana shops. Like every other man with sahm for wives, he has nothing to complain about in the childcare department.

How much do you think Josh is actually in a proper job? FRCAction hired him to be the new face of faith and politics, not write legislation or chart the direction of the Republican party.

FJ seems to be certain that Josh only has that job because of 19kac and I agree. All Josh has to do is stay relevant and help keep the Duggar brand active and expanding.

I really doubt Josh does much decision making or much beyond making flyers for which he is given the content. He is willing to make appearances and do tours and that is his value to FRC Action.

As for his co-workers scorn, we all know who Josh Duggar is. Some of us might be able to identify Tony Perkins as the head honcho. Now who else is with FRC Action? Yeah.

frcaction.org/josh

Even though the organization is bogus and he probably doesn't do much work; I'd say being a lazy Duggar is not good. Basic admin could tire him out? Although I find Boob quite savvy in investing, but I am not sure he does much work either?

Eh, how much "pitching in" does he actually do when he's presumably working during the day? At most, he plays with them while Ana prepares dinner and maybe tucks them in. He's not getting up in the middle of the night for feedings and diaper changes, he's not doing the day to day scut work involved in child-rearing. He spends an hour or two a night with them during the week and they do whatever it is they do on weekends as a family. There have been a few candid pictures of Ana out with all three kids, grocery shopping. That means that Josh can be bothered to either do the shopping himself or stay with at least one of the kids while Ana shops. Like every other man with sahm for wives, he has nothing to complain about in the childcare department.

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Who's to say he doesn't get up in the middle of the night? I am a SAHM and my husband does just as much as me. Honestly, he has done the nighttime stuff more than me. He also cooks more than me. Cleaning is about equal. We take turns doing things we need to do around the house or running errands while the other watches our son. Or we all run errands together. Just because my husband has a job that pays money during the daytime hours doesn't mean he can neglect his duties as a father. I'd really like to think Josh does he part as well. But I suppose with his upbringing, it's probably not as likely. Which is really rather sad for Anna and the kids.

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Who's to say he doesn't get up in the middle of the night? I am a SAHM and my husband does just as much as me. Honestly, he has done the nighttime stuff more than me. He also cooks more than me. Cleaning is about equal. We take turns doing things we need to do around the house or running errands while the other watches our son. Or we all run errands together. Just because my husband has a job that pays money during the daytime hours doesn't mean he can neglect his duties as a father. I'd really like to think Josh does he part as well. But I suppose with his upbringing, it's probably not as likely. Which is really rather sad for Anna and the kids.

I really feel like Josh is a very involved father. We have seen several pictures of Josh out shopping with the kids, too, and I lived when he did the anniversary pictures for Anna. It was sweet, thoughtful, and he didn't seem overwhelmed at all having the kids with him alone and working in a project for Anna. I am willing to bet he has done his fair share of diaper duty, too. He is NOT Jim Bob. He also seems to value Kenzie as an intelligent individual, not just a future baby machine.

frcaction.org/josh

Yes, Josh has a proper job. He was hired to be FRC Action's new face of faith and politics. He was hired to make appearances and do tours, not to write legislation or chart the direction of the Republican party.

Archived