IGNORED

SAHD blog- the Boyer sisters

iloveevolution

Brigid Boyer married Gabriel Everson on October 1st. Here are a couple of picture of her dress which not everyone is fond of (including myself).

ozTqMEM.jpg

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

Brigid Boyer married Gabriel Everson on October 1st. Here are a couple of picture of her dress which not everyone is fond of (including myself).

ozTqMEM.jpg

I'm a sucker for kilts & all things Scottish, so I like the groom's attire (plus to me, he looks a little bit like Prince Edward, too). Brigid's dress isn't all that bad, but I'd change the top of it (to me, looks more like a jacket than part of an actual dress in the top pic; the bottom pic looks better).

Where did you find that top picture?? I'm embarrassed to say I couldn't wait to see her dress. 

I can see the 40s look that she was going for, but the bodice should be a LOT tighter. Maybe she was trying to be more modest, but 40s dresses should really show off a tiny waist and pointy boobs :) Something like this.

dress.jpg

1 minute ago, usedbicycle said:

Where did you find that top picture?? I'm embarrassed to say I couldn't wait to see her dress. 

I can see the 40s look that she was going for, but the bodice should be a LOT tighter. Maybe she was trying to be more modest, but 40s dresses should really show off a tiny waist and pointy boobs :) Something like this.

dress.jpg

That's what I was thinking too.  I expected a more fitted bodice.  The pic of bride and groom I copied from the Single Fundies thread.  Don't know where it's from.  I'd be interested in seeing more pictures from this wedding.  Curious about the bridesmaid dresses too.  Would love to know if Jessica's ex Levi was there too.

Just now, justmy2cents said:

That's what I was thinking too.  I expected a more fitted bodice.  The pic of bride and groom I copied from the Single Fundies thread.  Don't know where it's from.  I'd be interested in seeing more pictures from this wedding.  Curious about the bridesmaid dresses too.  Would love to know if Jessica's ex Levi was there too.

I've been wondering about Levi too! I assume he and Gabe are still buddies. 

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

Yes, I get where she was going, but it seems she hasn't yet learned the lesson that fit is everything. 

Those VF followers. Too brilliant to ever take input from one of the Unchosen. Like professional seamstresses and tailors...

http://boyersisters.com/2016/10/outfit-butterfly-days/

The oldest sister posted on their blog one of their "outfit" posts, but ended up talking about how depressed she is now her sister is gone, and how she "buried the corpse" of who her sister used to be when she started courting.....is this leftover heartbreak from her broken courtship?
Either way, this girl seems to be going through a ROUGH time, despite the sugary sweet posts and the over-the-top 50s outfits, then she ended the post going on a rant about NOT trusting her heart -"As the Lord commands" and not being "of this world", because if she left her "faith bound" life, she knows exactly where she would go?? where is that? a strip club? hang out with men unsupervised and wear pants?
Girl is having a hard time.......clearly!

these girls fascinate me and freak me out at the same time, and i wonder about the parents. I've read through alot of their blog, and it seems like the parents were almost 100% successful in keeping these girls under total control and submission......allowing them to have a WWII tribute group and an obsession with vintage fashion. But apart from that.....i wonder what kind of religious guilt tripping and plenty  of things went on in that house?

The problem (with this dress and a lot of fundies who are in to vinatge) is that they're not wearing period appropriate underpinnings. The shape is all wrong. If you want to dress 40's/50's you to have to commit to the bullet bra. Sorry gals! A modern bra under a vintage dress makes you look saggy. Which is a shame because Brigid obviously put a lot of time into that dress and she's got a very cute, gamine figure that just got lost.

I also find her to be very very melodramatic....but I can't blame her!!

She has no real life experience or anything else to focus on......what does the Bible say about idle hands???! does that apply to idle "heart" and "mind" too!?
If i was her I'd write about "losing" my sister the same way.

Ok, can we talk about the scarlet elephant in the room - how bright would his outfit be, once he took off his jacket??  Lovely Scottish FJers, is that a real tartan?  I'm hoping it's a legit family tartan, because wow, that's eye-bleedingly red!

So, do they dress up in vintage outfits complete with hairdo and take eleventy million photos of themselves for a blog post? Is that what they do every day? Like lather, rinse, repeat? OMG... I'd die or I'd go bananas. Get a job. Volunteer. Make valuable contributions to your community. Don't sit at home playing dress up like a bunch of little girls. /end rant

That dress is badly fitted. You can see the extra fabric in the waist on her right side. Period undergarments or not, it isn't fitted to her shape. I've sewed vintage clothes. Usually fit is related to the modesty thing, but I don't know these particular people to say for sure.

8 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Yes, I get where she was going, but it seems she hasn't yet learned the lesson that fit is everything. 

Those VF followers. Too brilliant to ever take input from one of the Unchosen. Like professional seamstresses and tailors...

It's not like they don't wear form fitting clothes in the blog. It could of looked very simple and elegant. It's not a flattering dress. Her husband looks completely uninterested, maybe even annoyed in the picture. What a strange photo. 

The one with her sitting looks better, except for the pose. 

Okay, I am bashing her wedding pictures. I know it's wrong. 

45 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

It's not like they don't wear form fitting clothes in the blog. It could of looked very simple and elegant. It's not a flattering dress. Her husband looks completely uninterested, maybe even annoyed in the picture. What a strange photo. 

The one with her sitting looks better, except for the pose. 

Okay, I am bashing her wedding pictures. I know it's wrong. 

I'm sitting right there with you. The picture of them just looks,I don't know, duh. Their facial expressions... Like WTH? He looks like he's just pissed off. Probably the breeze blowing up his kilt. She looks like "I'm going to have sweet fellowship in a few hours with a man wearing a kilt. Will it hurt? Will Jesus make it beautiful? When will I announce our first blessing? Does this dress bring out my countenance?" 

These women sit at home, playing dress up for eleventy years, waiting for Prince Charming to be dropped in their lap by Jesus. At least pin some decent photo ideas on Pinterest... Instead of looking like two dipshits with sticks up your ass on what is supposed to be the happiest day of your life. I look happier when I buy shampoo. 

Not only is the dress cut to be modest, so looses the period shape, lacks the period under garments, but it also looks like it is terribly in need of an iron. Poor thing, clearly did a lot of work on it, but it just didn't come together. But at least it looks nice in the chair picture, as all the flaws are camouflaged.

I also agree that the one picture is posed weird. Its like they were supposed to be doing that, "hold hands around a corner, but don't look thing", that has gotten popular in wedding photography lately, but instead of having his eyes closed sweetly as she does, instead, he is looking off at his bros, ready for this to be all over. 

I'd love to see more photos, and if they all have her doing that weird downward glance thing.  I'm guessing it's deliberate, and something to do with modesty, but I find it completely bizarre.  It looks like a very conscious pose, and I have no idea what it's supposed to imply, but it doesn't look natural to me, more play-acting.  Hoping it's just coincidence that these 2 pics have it!

17 hours ago, Feministe9000 said:

The oldest sister posted on their blog one of their "outfit" posts, but ended up talking about how depressed she is now her sister is gone, and how she "buried the corpse" of who her sister used to be when she started courting.....is this leftover heartbreak from her broken courtship?

I dunno, it sounds more than that.  This para:

You might say, “Wait, wait, wait! You’re saying that you’re not focused on the sadness of your sister’s departure from home? You’re not feeling the loss, or emptiness of her absence?” In answer, I already have. That train left the station with my sister on her wedding day. This has not been said yet, but everything that she was to me, left whenever she said yes to Gabriel’s offer to court her. The Brigid I knew and loved so much, died that day. I didn’t realize it until weeks after when I was feeling very confused about why I could no longer “reach” her like I used to. After days of thinking it over, it finally dawned on me that she had irreversibly changed a while ago, and that the sister I was trying to reach, would never respond again. I had to learn how to address the new Brigid.

<snip>

That song, “I have Confidence” is very appropriate for this time in my life. I have left the convent of a triune sisterhood, and entered the world of a growing family. I have confidence that the sun will shine. I have confidence it will rain. I have plenty of confidence that the Spring will come again… but I lack the confidence in me.

Wasn't her ex best friends with Brigid's husband, and that's how they met?  I hope I'm just bad at reading Fundy, and Jessica isn't as bitter and angry as I'm interpreting, because that would be super-sad.

Congrats! The pose on the photo is not such a successful one to me but it will be on their mantelpiece and not mine

Whst is that horsetail coming out of his genitals

Yeah, the collar and buttons make the dress look like a glorified nurse's uniform, but I can't throw shade on the good sis' look when the dude next to her is dressed like a Swedish Fish. That red is BLINDING.

59 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Yeah, the collar and buttons make the dress look like a glorified nurse's uniform, but I can't throw shade on the good sis' look when the dude next to her is dressed like a Swedish Fish. That red is BLINDING.

I literally snorted when I read this. Priceless and very true.

4 hours ago, Lurky said:

I'd love to see more photos, and if they all have her doing that weird downward glance thing.  I'm guessing it's deliberate, and something to do with modesty, but I find it completely bizarre.  It looks like a very conscious pose, and I have no idea what it's supposed to imply, but it doesn't look natural to me, more play-acting.  Hoping it's just coincidence that these 2 pics have it!

Wasn't her ex best friends with Brigid's husband, and that's how they met?  I hope I'm just bad at reading Fundy, and Jessica isn't as bitter and angry as I'm interpreting, because that would be super-sad.

Play acting indeed! I love the retro Mod Cloth look. For these girls though they are not outfits they are costumes. They seem to be playing a role at all times. That paragraph quoted sends big red flags that I hope thier family takes seriously. I think she is crying out for help, and thier is something very unhealthy going on.

The whole kilt thing piques my curiosity. Is this a family tradition or is he dressing up in a role too? It is very American to celebrate your heritage so maybe it's not odd at all and perhaps his grandpa played the bagpipes at parades and they always celebrated thier Scottish roots. The only people I have ever known to wear a kilt were Scottish people who grew up in Scotland, or the UK. Or they are people who have always had a strong tie to thier roots and part of a local Scottish organization that holds social events and participates in some sort of community service.  I know families that are part of German , and Irish organizations too. I just think it is so weird. I hope some of our Scottish FJers can weigh in here with some info because his outfit seems a bit over the top to me. 

20 hours ago, divadivine said:

So, do they dress up in vintage outfits complete with hairdo and take eleventy million photos of themselves for a blog post? Is that what they do every day? Like lather, rinse, repeat? OMG... I'd die or I'd go bananas. Get a job. Volunteer. Make valuable contributions to your community. Don't sit at home playing dress up like a bunch of little girls. /end rant

To be fair, Jessica does have a part time job (or did) working at a flower farm/giant garden/flower stand, Brigid had a very small online shop selling sewing patterns, and Charlotte was studying.  Until Brigid got married, they had the singing group (I think some was paid gigs and some was volunteer work.)

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived