IGNORED

SAHD blog- the Boyer sisters

iloveevolution

First question they read is "how old are both of you?"

Jessica answers, "Well there's only one of me!" *grinning at Charlotte with bared teeth*
Then Charlotte says "Can you tell we arn't going to tell you our ages??? HEEEHEEHEEEEEE"
Except we know Charlotte is 18......Jessica seems worried of looking like an old maid...which to us seems crazy of course....! But if she is in her mid-20s, she should be embarrassed doing these silly videos with her 18 year old sister because she has nothing better to do!
So with the goal of not telling her age.....she just ends up making herself look like an immature idiot anyways.......UGH!
They are so obsessed with talking in a faux British accent like ladies from the 1930s....the enmeshment and weirdness is just astounding....I would love to have a psychologist do a case study on these girls! Fascinating stuff. It's probably just me but Jessica seems like she's laughs just a little *too* hard, clenching her teeth just a bit *too* tight....there is alot of frustration radiating from that girl!
Yikes.......

Update: I made it to the end of the video and it was way worse than I originally thought.
They both joke about how they are "desperate  spinsters" now....but then they clarify and say they are gearing up to be "eccentric aunts".......*eye roll*
*(cue the over the top laughter....sorry girls, not convinced)*,  then Jessica has a very thinly veiled sarcastic comment about being SAHDs, "oh yes, we are just stay at home daughters, sitting around with nothing to do....FAR FROM IT!! (cue more insane laughing)

*sigh*

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh thank the lawwwwd this thread is active again. I was worried no one would be discussing the fundie wedding of the year.

Brigid is a very decent seamstress, it seems very unlike her to fuck up her wedding dress like that. Methinks she has a controlling mother in law who didn't approve of the fit she had in mind. Lets not forget that by fundie standards the Boyers are practically hippies, who knows what sort of family she is marrying into...

I can't believe how miserable they look in that photo, seriously holyfuck. Doesn't look like this marriage is off to a good start at all. It also kind of looks like they are standing in a grave yard in that shot, with the black iron fencing they are standing in front of. Kind of symbolic, what with Brigid being long dead and buried to her sisters lol. 

I think this is a really good thing for Brigid. Away from her family she might be able to think independently. Or maybe after getting railed by that mono browed troll she will run for her life and go "off the rails" i.e relocate to New York or somewhere and go work a shitty job while attending night school. I so badly want her to learn that going to events with swastikas and make believe nazis is totally uncool, and that she should be happy that the South lost. 

Looked really hard at the photo on their wedding photographers page to see if Levi was one of the best men but unfortunately it's hard to see. You never know...I so badly want him to be one of the groomsmen though hehehe. But surely he and Jessica would have encountered each other at that redneck WWII event they all go to? It would be unlike him to miss it, and even more unlikely for them to not encounter each other since they're in the same circle of friends.

Anyone else here bothered to stalk Daddy Boyer? He gives off a real fucked up creepy vibe. He's very vocal about making sure his daughters avoid certain foods that encourage puberty and all sorts of evil hormones that could lead to S E X. It always gives me the heebie jeebies seeing these fundie dads obsessing over their daughters like that. On his FB page I've seen him posting stuff about how you must avoid feeding your daughters certain foods... That and a lot of shit about how he hates Obama, how 'evil' Islam is and that he thinks that guns are the greatest! There is something majorly off about him...he has this fucked up look in his eyes in all of the photos.

Daddy Boyer is definetly creepy! All of "the girls" have purity rings and had to beg with Daddy to let them swing dance at some public event. You know how erotic swing dancing can get!

Also, the whole family supports Trump. There's this gem from Kathy Boyer's Facebook. Those poor girls...

14117847_683665351800130_2984545108502253161_n.jpg

7 minutes ago, Mommit said:

There's also this gem from Kathy Boyer's Facebook

14117847_683665351800130_2984545108502253161_n.jpg

How can they support Trump? He goes against about a million things they believe in. Is it because the other candidate has a vagina and therefore should be home in the kitchen taking care of her man? 

I am so confused...

@ladyamylynn I believe he has a cod piece on.  I also noticed that bulging right away.  This is a crazy couple made in heaven.  I hope they are happy together and that the other girls recover from their enmeshment and we get happy posts soon enough.  I also wonder how Levi's vision of how they would lead their life differed.  Did he want her to work?  Did he want to use birth control?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

OK, I am officially obsessed now, but the weirdest part of the multi-part engagement story was they are 40s fantasists who go to a church where an obviously 40s cosplaying dude shows up, and it takes them weeks before they talk....  HOW?  Is it an entire church full of 40s cosplayers, so that's their normal?  I think I'm fixating on details, because I can't take the whole thing in...

Also the trio of blokes are all very much into Lord of the Rings, per Jessica's writing about Gabe, and Gabe's Elvishish sites - but that's not very Fundy at all!  Or is it ok because Tolkien was friends with CS Lewis?  I guess it sort of makes sense, as Middle Earth is to real English history as Boyer-40s is to the real 40s...

I don't care about the bulge in Gabe's pants but my god his hair...

@JermajestyDuggar That's exactly what they're thinking. All some people need in order to decide who to vote for is a male candidate with an (R) next to his name.

As for their wedding picture, they seem so missmached. Gabe's posture and facial expression makes you think he is modeling his clothes for a magazine instead of being photographed with his new wife and Brigid looks so awkward and bland next to him, as if she was asked to stand next to a stranger for a picture.

Oh my gosh. I've been lurking for like five years and I couldn't stand it anymore -- the Boyer sisters drive me crazy. I'm so glad they're being talked about. They have so much creative potential and yet they're so creepily Fundy!

I've followed them for a few years because I really admire their sewing and the vintage aesthetic without the "pinup" look, but the religion and melodrama associated with every post drives me up the wall. That's an issue I've encountered in the online vintage world in general; sometimes it seems like the only directions people go in are "Voluptuous Dita von Reese worshipper" or "Fundie maiden with a Vision Forum-style history fetish." I just like the sewing! Not every dang skirt is a religious revelation.

I used to comment; once I submitted two questions for Jessica's Q&A, one of which was "Can you describe a time when you learned something from someone with beliefs that differed from yours?" It got ignored, of course.

Jessica's engagement drama and Brigid's marriage is just over the top. These girls can't see past their midcentury sewing machines. It's no wonder they seem to be imploding at a relatively normal life event.

How about their latest blog post? It's actually kind of funny! Jessica has good comedic timing. I guess they're trying to have fun and keep their minds off of their misery without Brigid.

8 minutes ago, Mommit said:

How about their latest blog post? It's actually kind of funny! Jessica has good comedic timing. I guess they're trying to have fun and keep their minds off of their misery without Brigid.

As my previous post up thread indicated, I find it funny in a sort of sad, pitiful way :/

1 hour ago, Mommit said:

I'm pretty sure that post is a FU to FJ, especially given what they say at the end. The whole video is mocking FJ's view of them as pitiful SAHDs living a restrictive lifestyle, desperate to snag a husband.

5 hours ago, Feministe9000 said:

That bit about being SAHD's sitting around with nothing to do...FAR FROM IT! What the hell was that all about? Has someone accused them of sitting around doing nothing? As we can see from this video, they have PLENTY of important things to do! Seriously, what exactly do they do? I know Jessica has a part time job, which is actually a good thing. But besides a couple blog posts a week, I don't know how they spend their days.

Also, I'm fairly certain that Charlotte turned 17 this past summer. The reason I thought that is because I thought that they have their big birthday bashes when they turn 16. And in one of the posts about the party, Charlotte indicates that she's thought about her dress choice for the last 4 years, which I interpreted to mean since Jessica had her party. That's why I think Jessica is 21. Would they do a big party for a 17th birthday? I suppose it's possible! Why are they so secretive about their ages?

49 minutes ago, Lurky said:

@Kariina, welcome out of lurkerdom!  Hope you love chatting here - I delurked in July, & FJ is even more fun this way!

Heh, thanks! I can't believe I'm only just now posting. It started with the typical fascination with the Duggar trainwreck; I've since spread my Fundie obsession to my best friend. Luckily there's a whole world of us that understands. :P

I feel so bad for the Boyer girls in general. Their latest video comes off as shrilly desperate -- maybe it's not; maybe they're simply letting themselves act like real humans in front of a camera rather than bizarre 1940s fashion mannequins. It could be a good thing. It just contrasts oddly with their usual gnashing of teeth!

Guys I need to officially apologize for the codpiece closeup. I had a few too many glasses of wine during my pumpkin-carving party and got a little crazy! :pb_lol:

The faux-British accents drive me CRAZY, I don't even know what they think they're doing - but I find their affected accents when they sing really grating too.  I dunno, I can kind of understand it if a young woman Jessica's age came back from her Junior Year Abroad with a bit of fake English, maybe...  But I guess with the popularity of Downton Abbey, there'll be a lot of that about (I never understood how the Mortons could eschew pretty much all modern culture but Downton was ok?  Do Fundies overlook the SINFUL EXAMPLES!!! if it's in period drama?)

51 minutes ago, Mommit said:

That bit about being SAHD's sitting around with nothing to do...FAR FROM IT! What the hell was that all about? Has someone accused them of sitting around doing nothing? As we can see from this video, they have PLENTY of important things to do! Seriously, what exactly do they do? I know Jessica has a part time job, which is actually a good thing. But besides a couple blog posts a week, I don't know how they spend their days.

Also, I'm fairly certain that Charlotte turned 17 this past summer. The reason I thought that is because I thought that they have their big birthday bashes when they turn 16. And in one of the posts about the party, Charlotte indicates that she's thought about her dress choice for the last 4 years, which I interpreted to mean since Jessica had her party. That's why I think Jessica is 21. Would they do a big party for a 17th birthday? I suppose it's possible! Why are they so secretive about their ages?

Not to reveal myself as too creepy (to be fair, I was a small part of their vintage fashion circle online for a while so this wasn't actually that creepy) but that party was indeed a Sweet Sixteen, per Charlotte's Pinterest board about it. And they're each two years apart. So, from there you can do the math. I think Jessica looks much older!

I had those two mixed up! I think Charlotte looks older than Jessica. They're both cute as hell, but Jessica seems a little more lively. 

Yep, making food, writing blog posts, and getting haircuts. Looks like a rich, full life to me! 

16 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Yep, making food, writing blog posts, and getting haircuts. Looks like a rich, full life to me! 

Aaaand there go nine minutes of my life that I'm never getting back.

4 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Aaaand there go nine minutes of my life that I'm never getting back.

You think that's bad, last night I watched this five minute video on how to curtsy. Which, outside of being awarded some sort of honor in the UK, is entirely useless information. (She also mentions doing it at a dance. I've done ballroom dancing, and I have never curtsied to my partner...I guess I'm doing it wrong.)

I think the curtsy is because they're into that Georgian-era English country dancing that the S'Mortons* are into - which I always wonder about with the Smith dance tutorials, because they've taken them almost exclusively from Jane Austen films and BBC costume drama. I always wonder about it, because how can one watch a film based on an Austen and think the SAHD life is something to emulate?  They're ALL about the women suffering from having to live by the social conventions that these women flock to!

So, here's a Q - would the Boyers get on at the Morton Calathora cosplay balls, or would S'Morton types think they were hussies because of the make-up?  (And with the Brett Alan Smith child rape arrest, are they S'Mortons any more, or very definitely Smith and Mortons???)

3 hours ago, Lurky said:

I think the curtsy is because they're into that Georgian-era English country dancing that the S'Mortons* are into - which I always wonder about with the Smith dance tutorials, because they've taken them almost exclusively from Jane Austen films and BBC costume drama. I always wonder about it, because how can one watch a film based on an Austen and think the SAHD life is something to emulate?  They're ALL about the women suffering from having to live by the social conventions that these women flock to!

So, here's a Q - would the Boyers get on at the Morton Calathora cosplay balls, or would S'Morton types think they were hussies because of the make-up?  (And with the Brett Alan Smith child rape arrest, are they S'Mortons any more, or very definitely Smith and Mortons???)

But the main characters in Austen Novels always end up with a wonderful marriage. So even the older girls tell themselves they are Anne Elliot from Persuasion and will eventually have their happy ending. Even in their second bloom. Whatever the hell thats is supposed to mean. 

Btw I love reading Jane Austen but I never understood the second bloom thing. 

please tell me i'm not the only one who thinks those three videos are some of the most boring things ever seen.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived