IGNORED

SAHD blog- the Boyer sisters

iloveevolution

7 minutes ago, catlady said:

please tell me i'm not the only one who thinks those three videos are some of the most boring things ever seen.

These were some of the more entertaining ones...there are some that are just walking set to music. :?

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

These were some of the more entertaining ones...there are some that are just walking set to music. :?

the very idea makes my brain hurt........

On 10/15/2016 at 8:54 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

Yep, making food, writing blog posts, and getting haircuts. Looks like a rich, full life to me! 

Why didn't they dust any ceiling fans? Tacos but no burritos?

Epic fail by Maxhell standards.

Not knowing much of these gals I thought Brigid was in her thirties based on the wedding photos. Watching the little bit of the 'courtsey' video she seemed soooooo young and immature. Her groom likes wearing costumes. They are freaking children playing house. How strange. 

I thought Jessica looked beautiful in that food video, but my god, their lives are dull, with the same menus every week, and their parents severely controlling even their food.  And wow, their SOTDRT was showing - "We don't eat corn syrup because it's really bad, and I saw a film, and I can't remember why it is, but it's really bad!" 
- if you're going to do a video about the many, many things you don't eat, at least prepare for it! 

And if a microwave transforms the food into something else, and GMO food isn't even food and causes diseases, what happens if you microwave it? Does they cancel out, and the food becomes benign?  Or does it mutate even more, leap out of the microwave and murder everyone in the kitchen before going on a rampage?  I need to know!

Aw, bless her, she's so sincere, but has been bought up to be so scared of things.  Massive undercurrent of being terrified of getting fat, in there.

Okay, I have a longstanding hatred of YouTube videos, because I don't like having to listen to people natter on when I could skim through text instead, but that description of this video may force me to watch this video for snark value XD

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:37 PM, FreeMiriam said:

Thank you @Lurky!
It's a confusing post, it didn't make much sense when I first read it and it doesn't make any more sense now. A positive thing is that her family and friends did not shame her (at least to her face) about the broken engagement. My first impression was that Levi was less fundie than she thought and she was more embarrassed than sad when her relationship ended. 

Yes. It breaks my heart that people are left with feelings of shame and inadequacy when or if their relationships break up, so I was glad to see her share that her family were not treating her as is this were correct. She had good intentions and she'll learn from it, that's a much healthier attitude.

15 hours ago, Lurky said:

I think the curtsy is because they're into that Georgian-era English country dancing that the S'Mortons* are into - which I always wonder about with the Smith dance tutorials, because they've taken them almost exclusively from Jane Austen films and BBC costume drama. I always wonder about it, because how can one watch a film based on an Austen and think the SAHD life is something to emulate?  They're ALL about the women suffering from having to live by the social conventions that these women flock to!

So, here's a Q - would the Boyers get on at the Morton Calathora cosplay balls, or would S'Morton types think they were hussies because of the make-up?  (And with the Brett Alan Smith child rape arrest, are they S'Mortons any more, or very definitely Smith and Mortons???)

Jane Austen books and adaptations are to fundie SAHDs as Scarface is to wannabe gangstas. Both parties utterly miss the point/clearly highlighted negative aspects of the main characters' lifestyles, but idolize emulate that lifestyle to an unhealthy degree.

Oh but Daddy Boyer is the one who is concerned about the girls getting fat! He spends a lot of time thinking about his daughters bodies...what they look like, what they do with them...

Has anyone ever watched Ark Encounter or any of the productions Levi has been involved in? I have never seen a fundie film and am intrigued, although I have been avoiding them because I couldn't handle the cringe factor. Wouldn't it be funny if Levi was a fake fundie who is just putting it on because of how hard it is to get paid work in the mainstream movie industry and this niche sector of it seems to get him regular work?

Oh the baby voices when they talk to the dog.....

My daughter has a (male) teacher who absolutely HATES the baby voice. He always says "there is enough people that think girls are stupid. Please don't do anything to nurture this notion because girls are as smart as boys!"

I have searched in vain for Daddy Boyer's fb page. Can someone provide me with the name please?

4 minutes ago, denimchastityskirt said:

Here you go, I do feel a bit creepy but then anyone who leaves their FB on public is fair game. 

https://www.facebook.com/clancy.boyer

Thank you!  I couldn't even find his first name. I know it feels a bit stalkery but, as you say, it's a public account so...

1 hour ago, hollyandivy said:

My daughter has a (male) teacher who absolutely HATES the baby voice. He always says "there is enough people that think girls are stupid. Please don't do anything to nurture this notion because girls are as smart as boys!"

I agree with you on the baby voice being a very problematic and unnecessary affectation, but I do want to put on my linguistics student hat and say that baby talk with dogs is a perfectly normal thing, and is actually similar/related to the way many people talk to babies. The higher-pitched voice, repetition, and narration of the dog/baby's actions are all designed to elicit a response from someone/something that has very limited understanding of human language.

1 hour ago, hollyandivy said:

That teacher will qualify for sainthood. 

@nastyhobbitses, I agree with you too; I also use a silly voice with my dog.  But if I recall correctly, and I am *not* going to watch that video from Dullsville a second time to confirm, the baby voice was directed at the camera as much as the dog...at least I thought it did, and it made Charlotte come across like a ten-year-old. 

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I agree with you on the baby voice being a very problematic and unnecessary affectation, but I do want to put on my linguistics student hat and say that baby talk with dogs is a perfectly normal thing, and is actually similar/related to the way many people talk to babies. The higher-pitched voice, repetition, and narration of the dog/baby's actions are all designed to elicit a response from someone/something that has very limited understanding of human language.

Yes, but not video taped and then put on youtube to promote your "brand". I use the voice with little babies too but I would be absolutely mortified if that would be used as an advertisement!

The "source" Jessica provides for their rationale on microwaves comes from this guy's site. Amongst other things, he is known for:

Questioning whether HIV is the cause of AIDS, claiming manifestations of AIDS (including opportunistic infections and death) may be the result of "psychological stress" brought on by the belief that HIV is harmful

Seems legit.

I'm really interested in how the parents hardly featured in the "how we eat" video. It was presented as "we girls choose", with just a reference or two to the parents' role.  I think this is one of the reasons I assume they're older, because their image is crafted to be of independent sisters choosing their own lives - which, congrats to the parents, that's a bloody good PR move.

Adult women talking baby talk is at the very top of my "fingernails on a chalkboard" list. To paraphrase Anne Lamott - it's awful enough to make me, and Jesus, want to drink gin straight out of the cat dish.

16 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Why didn't they dust any ceiling fans? Tacos but no burritos?

Epic fail by Maxhell standards.

They have burritos twice a week for lunch. Mom gives them the choice of that or sandwiches. Man, maybe I need to rethink my life for being able to recall that fact. 

I cannot bring myself to watch the videos. Many thanks to those who endured the crazy and lived to report back to us. Cheers to you! :beer::margarita::whitewine: [pick your own poison]

I wish that there was a time in my life where this sort of thing constituted an "emotionally stormy time." Alas, I don't think it'll ever happen.

Youtube.png

It surprised me how much younger the sisters appear in their videos than on their blog when they are all made up. Kevyn Aucoin, the late and great make up artist, used to say that the make up of the 1930's and 40's was aging and made all the young starlets of that time look like they were in their mid 30's and up.  I totally understand what he meant now. Though I do think they are lovely looking ladies. 

Edited for riffles and cold medicine. 

I'm so glad FJ had a thread on the Boyer Sisters. I discovered their blog this summer after doing some serious research into hope chests (to write a paper for a delightful women's studies class I was taking), and couldn't stop hate reading...

There's an overwhelming level of smugness to their web presence, which I'm sure is inherited from Daddy Dearest Boyer.

And for the poster upthread that remarked on Gabe's trollish looks? I couldn't agree more. The monobrow and constant scowl on his face don't exude Prince Charming-like qualities to me... but then again, I'm quite content living my life as a spinster crazy cat(less) lady.

For folks that pride themselves on their sewing abilities, Brigid's wedding dress was so poorly fit in the bust that I can only hope she clarifies that she lost a ton of weight due to pre-wedding stress and that the dress was just too big to deal with otherwise.

Now unless Brigid is super fertile, I'm thinking we won't see children for quite some time from the newly married couple. I'm afraid that Gabe's extreme male-pattern baldness (so little hair for a 25 year old!) is the result of low testosterone and not just a badly dealt hand of genetics, and Low T really really really affects sperm count. No need for Jessica and Charlotte to cry over being spinster aunties just yet... they need to wait to brood for Brigi's first FaceTime call holding up a positive pee stick.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived