IGNORED

SAHD blog- the Boyer sisters

iloveevolution

I don't think they ever shared with us dear readers where Brigid and Gabriel will live. They did say that the singing gigs had to end because of her marriage, so it's likely that the reason is because of where they're living. They never gave us much details about Gabe at all, so I don't know where he lives or what his job involves. It appears that he works as a costume designer on Christian movies. I wonder if that means he travels a lot? 

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL he has a blog he wrote 2 short entries in last year.....

atravelerintweed.blogspot.com

"On these digital pages I will chronicle my journeys sharing history, travel tips, photographs anecdotes and more. I hope you enjoy what you read and that it inspires you to step out and go on an adventure yourself!"

Sorry, i know this is so judgemental of me, but he seems like a silly man who dresses up in period costumes, thinks he knows alot of history, and a bit full of himself....

I think I read in one blog post that Brigid and Gabe were moving a few hours away? I'll post the link if I can find it again. But it wasn't like they're moving to Australia or anything. They could probably see each other once a month if they took turns visiting. Good lord.

Gabriel sure loves those kilts

I can't stop laughing at him in this pic, sorry not to insult anyone on here if they are big period costume fans or something.....he just looks like he takes himself so damn seriously!!! LOL and that unibrow......i can't.

geverson.jpg

2 hours ago, Mommit said:

I don't think they ever shared with us dear readers where Brigid and Gabriel will live. They did say that the singing gigs had to end because of her marriage, so it's likely that the reason is because of where they're living. They never gave us much details about Gabe at all, so I don't know where he lives or what his job involves. It appears that he works as a costume designer on Christian movies. I wonder if that means he travels a lot? 

They might not have to be super far away to end the singing gigs. There could also be some fundie logic of women needing to focus on their new husband/family (not saying it's this case, but just I could imagine it). 

Of course they'd never ever admit it, but I bet a lot of the angst and jealousy we see from fundie maidens stuck at home had to do with the fact that they desperately want s-e-x. Funny-looking as Gabe may be, Brigid now gets something that is totally forbidden to Jessica. The jealousy is palpable.

2 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Of course they'd never ever admit it, but I bet a lot of the angst and jealousy we see from fundie maidens stuck at home had to do with the fact that they desperately want s-e-x. Funny-looking as Gabe may be, Brigid now gets something that is totally forbidden to Jessica. The jealousy is palpable.

Oh, there is definitely a lot of jealousy! Brigid is totally living the fundie dream right now. Sadly, this is what they wait their entire lives for!

The funny thing is, when I first started reading their blog a year ago (before any engagements) I felt so sad for them. They were filling their hope chests waiting for prince charming. I thought they'd be waiting forever! They seemed so odd with their vintage fetishes and 1940's/50's ideals. I really didn't think there were male counterparts out there in the world for them! Then along come Levi, Gabe and Josh (?) with their Christian values and vintage clothing. I was shocked men like that existed!

I wish we knew the full story behind Jessica and Levi's break-up. Did he really unceremoniously dump her?? 

9 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

I would be jealous as hell if my little sister got to have a wedding, her dream dress, her own house to decorate, and SEX. And older sister is stuck at home with teen sister with only blogging to keep me busy.

OMG, I see Charlotte just posted on the blog. SKINNY JEANS!

"A few months ago I approached my Mom and Dad about the idea of wearing skinny jeans more often, and we set down the guidelines to help me navigate this new style demurely and gracefully. I have been having a lot of fun with it lately, and I hope that I can inspire some of you who have been wanting to adventure into this style, but aren’t sure how."

I cannot imagine being 17 years old having to ask my parents if I can wear skinny jeans. What an adventure! Good for her, though, for making her way into the modern era! Thank goodness she warned us ahead of time :my_biggrin:

Here's the post that mentions the distance: http://boyersisters.com/2016/08/lately-fairy-houses-with-friends/

Time is flying by so very fast these days; you really feel its presence when you’re counting down the days until your sister will no longer be living in the same house, sharing the same life, or enjoying the same things as you. Aside from this oncoming change, Brigi will be transplanted from our Christian community of friends when she leaves to move a few hours North, and thus will not have the pleasure of seeing all of our younger girl friends, nor they her.

Can you tell I'm just a wee bit obsessed with the Boyer sisters? Perhaps I'm the one who needs a hobby :my_blush:

2 minutes ago, Mommit said:

Can you tell I'm just a wee bit obsessed with the Boyer sisters? Perhaps I'm the one who needs a hobby :my_blush:

It's okay!

I feel like alot of us on here probably have fundies that we check up on frequently, Boyer sisters are one of mine too!

:P

I have come to the conclusion that skinny jeans are not for every figure, even though they are advertised as such in our culture. Just like pencil skirts or shift dresses look better on some girls than others, skinny jeans fall into the same category. Having a very skinny, stick-straight figure with little-to-no curves, I can pull off this style quite easily, and it’s one that really flatters my figure.

Umm, okay. I think my skinny jeans look fantabulous on my curves, TYVM. There's something hypocritical in writing about modest clothing and then saying, "Not everyone can pull this style off, but I can!"

I love her hairstyle, though.

Yes, our boy Gabriel looks kind of silly in his little costumes, especially the one above with the kilt. It's just so over-the-top and his expression is so serious! But, you have to admit that with what we know about them, he and Brigid seem like the perfect match! If you're a dedicated Boyer Sisters fan like me, lol, you'll recall the knitted socks with tassels that Brigid made last winter! She's probably busy as we speak knitting him a matching pair :my_biggrin:

Okay I explored the blog a little and I understand why people like them. They really are quite sweetly endearing and I say this as a cynical person who doesn't care that much for fashion. 

Now I'm watching their YouTube videos. Oh well I didn't need to do anything productive this evening anyway. 

On the topic of the modesty of wearing jeans; I believe that most jeans today are not the most modest jeans in the whole world, past or present. The reasons why are: 1) they are extremely low cut in the waist so as to be a temptation to our brothers in Christ; 2) they can be way too fitted, likewise being a temptation to our brothers.

Well, she could wear one of those tube-top-belt things that were popular a couple of years ago.  I can't remember what they're called.  You can bend over all you want and your undies will never show.  One of those "get a second one free, just pay separate shipping and handling" items.

I'm sure dear Charlotte would be rather aghast to know that her new style reminds me very much of the stylish Muslim teenage girls in my neighborhood back in Brooklyn. Throw on a pretty hijab and she would fit right in! Oh yeah, I'm wearing size 14 Levi skinny jeggings right now and I look fan-fucking-tastic, so a boyish figure isn't paramount to jeans wearing. Sorry kiddo.

38 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Well, she could wear one of those tube-top-belt things that were popular a couple of years ago.  I can't remember what they're called.  You can bend over all you want and your undies will never show.  One of those "get a second one free, just pay separate shipping and handling" items.

Those are called belly bands and often used for pregnant women. They are awesome actually. All pregnant women should grab one in order to make your regular clothing last longer into the pregnancy. 

I don't wear skinny jeans, but I am a plus sized woman who does wear pencil skirts and sheath dresses. As long as the fit is right, styles like these can be flattering on larger women. Obviously, she doesn't know as much about fashion as she thinks she does.

I wonder how long it will take Brigid to get pregnant? If the three sisters are the only kids in the family, maybe there's hope she won't feel the need to start right away.

2 hours ago, JMarie said:

Trendy Top!

Trendy Top layer tee is specially designed to cover your hips and give you that trendy layered look. It covers your rear view and exposed belly when wearing low rise pants.

On October 11, 2016 at 2:27 PM, nickelodeon said:

Well damn, I feel bad for them because they're just so vulnerable, but at the same time, guilt-tripping your sister over her happiness and declaring that she is dead to you is NAGL.

I think it's completely selfish. She should enjoy being a newlywed and not have to worry about her sisters, or feel bad. This could inadvertently drive a wedge between them if they keep it up. She won't want to talk to them about things if they react like this, and in such a public manner. Definitely not a healthy situation.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived