IGNORED

Allie Webster Birth Watch - She's Here!

Ursula

I'm guessing Kelley wasn't there for the birth since it looks , from Erin's Instagram, that she helped host a baby shower for Erin & Chad. Wonder why they planned it on a date close to Alyssa's due date.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Twitter post/picture from Rep Webster has been deleted from his account. Someone jumped the gun?

And perhaps this was the only weekend that worked for Cherin, or maybe they are concerned with a premature delivery with her challenging pregnancy and didn't want to wait until her due date. It would seem with that many kids that soon a lot of dates will be conflicting. And just maybe Alyssa didn't want her family there for the birth? She has distanced herself (literally & figuratively) from them a bit, so she might have asked them to come down after the birth so she wouldn't be overwhelmed.

Or maybe Alyssa just didn't mind. I know I wouldn't mind in that situation (mom lived far away,I didn't want her to be at the birth etc)

Yeah, I'm team "she didn't mind". I think people interpret too much into every single pic or footage. Maybe Alyssa and Erin actually DO have a baby bump pic but just didn't want to share or whatever. We'll never know.

I think they're close, but maybe not as close as Alyssa& Michael, or Alyssa&Josie.

Btw, I think it's pretty cool to hear such a thing from a fundie like Erin:

"Kelsey has been my friend since the day we met at college and we have only grown closer together! I love her so much, and I am beyond overwhelmed by all the love my church family showed"

Can't imagine hearing that from a Maxwell/Duggar/etc.

That considered, it could be that Erin just has become good friends with people outside her immediate family. A lack of obvious closeness does not automatically mean there's some kind of hostility going on.

I have noticed the tension between Alyssa and Erin for a while now. Before Alyssa's wedding everything seemed normal, however, I don't think that Erin agrees with a lot of the choices Alyssa has made. Also Alyssa being blessed much more quickly and easily probably didn't help. A lot of the siblings have said that Erin is the pushiest one when it comes to matters of faith. She could have confronted Alyssa about being defrauding and Alyssa got offended. I don't even think Erin made it down to Florida during any family trips either.

I've never noticed any tension between Alyssa and Erin. I think they get on as well as anyone would expect sisters to get along. The problem is that in ATI they are expected to be best friends. Erin and Tori seem very close. Alyssa and Josie are very close. Erin and Alyssa? Normal.

I doubt Erin had much of hand in planning the baby shower. Baby showers are usually thrown by family and/or friends and this date may have been the best for everyone involved. It's also possible Erin forgot the exact due date for Alyssa when she agreed to the shower date. I am 29 weeks pregnant and I forget so much now. I know I've gotten some appointments mixed up over the past few months so I'm not going to hold this against Erin. She and Alyssa may not be the closest of sisters but I doubt there is any real tension between them. They are just probably preoccupied with their own life and new babies on the way. It happens.

Wow, Alyssa looks good! She got to be primped before revealing Allie to the world though :D !

Little Allie Jane is adorbs, can't wait to see more photos....

Yeah, I'm team "she didn't mind". I think people interpret too much into every single pic or footage. Maybe Alyssa and Erin actually DO have a baby bump pic but just didn't want to share or whatever. We'll never know.

I think they're close, but maybe not as close as Alyssa& Michael, or Alyssa&Josie.

Btw, I think it's pretty cool to hear such a thing from a fundie like Erin:

Can't imagine hearing that from a Maxwell/Duggar/etc.

That considered, it could be that Erin just has become good friends with people outside her immediate family. A lack of obvious closeness does not automatically mean there's some kind of hostility going on.

I am on team "she didn't mind either". On one of the episodes of Bringing Up Bates she basically said that the only people she wanted down there right away was her parents, and that she didn't want her siblings to all come down to Florida until Allie Jane was like a month old, and her siblings were not happy about having to wait a month (I believe some of them even said that they were going to come down right away regardless).

If her sister is having a baby shower around her due date (which probably includes having to entertain out of town guests), then she didn't have to worry about a surprise visit from her siblings...

Re: Erin's Baby Shower

Chad's family came in from OK for the shower, so it is likely that the shower was planned around when they could make the trip. Since they most likely had to take more than the weekend to come over, it is possible that this was one of the few times they could make it out. I don't know what they do for work, but there are several businesses (mine included!) in which the busy season starts mid-May-June.

It is a bit early, but with Erin being high risk, they may have done this intentionally out of concerns for the baby coming early or bed rest/complications towards the end. You want the mother-to-be to be able to enjoy her shower, and that's hard if the pregnancy has gotten really rough.

I don't think Alyssa really minded when the shower was. Most first time mothers go weeks beyond the due date (like Jill), so there was no way for them to know that she would go almost right at her due date. Probably seemed better to have it this weekend than next. Plus Alyssa seems very close with the Websters, and didn't want the Bates chaos (apart from her parents). This assured that no one would come down to mob her.

I think this worked out just fine for everyone!

Excellent dress choice by Alyssa for after baby photos. You can't tell by the photos that she had a baby. That's a really cute baby, too.

Kelly & Gil must have ran right from the shower to the airport! :lol:

Kelly looks like she doesn't want to give that baby back.

I'm not fan of baby headbands, but at least the flower is small. It always looks so uncomfortable when the bow/flower is bigger than the baby's head.

I'm not fan of baby headbands, but at least the flower is small. It always looks so uncomfortable when the bow/flower is bigger than the baby's head.

LOL I think those pictures are awesome

il_570xN.261625728.jpg

l_peony_pink_hb.jpg

jumbo_white_on_amira_f412a0ac-6108-46ff-9e99-7725ee4ae89f_large.jpg?v=1425215385

I have noticed the tension between Alyssa and Erin for a while now. Before Alyssa's wedding everything seemed normal, however, I don't think that Erin agrees with a lot of the choices Alyssa has made. Also Alyssa being blessed much more quickly and easily probably didn't help. A lot of the siblings have said that Erin is the pushiest one when it comes to matters of faith. She could have confronted Alyssa about being defrauding and Alyssa got offended. I don't even think Erin made it down to Florida during any family trips either.

If I recall this right, Erin and Chad weren't in the room when Alyssa announced her pregnancy to the family either. I think there is some definite tension between Alyssa and some of her siblings. She appears to have purposely put some distance between herself and them. Alyssa gives off some cold vibes IMO, but not in a bad way, more like give me some space and privacy. As for the baby shower, it is inevitable that events/parties are going to coincide with other important dates, but as of now Erin really could have picked a better date than the weekend her sister was due to have her first baby. Weird.

Are baby Webster's pictures in the magazine because her grandpa is a senator or because of the show? I don't remember seeing Whitney and Chad's baby's pictures in a magazine.

They must have put a junior writer on the UP website with those photo captions. It's like a middle schooler wrote them.

"Allie takes a photo op with her new parents and grandparents."

Did she have "old" parents before? [should be "the new parents" or something like that, but the whole sentence is awkward.]

"The proud parents show off their new child."

"The proud parents gaze at their new daughter."

"The proud grandparents express pure joy."

Apparently they are proud.

Also, this last picture of Alyssa in her sleeveless dress and John in his jeans and v-neck are such a contrast to Kelly's layers and Gil's long sleeves.

uptv.com/files/baby10.jpg

Archived