IGNORED

Allie Webster Birth Watch - She's Here!

Ursula

I can see why there would be tension between Erin and Alyssa. Think about it from Erin's point of view.

She has stayed close to home, close to family and their beliefs, and yet she still had trouble staying pregnant. 3 miscarriages would have been so traumatic, and here is her sister, who has strayed from their beliefs, who got pregnant almost straight away. It would probably make her question why she had to suffer while her sister, who isn't as faithful, has it easy.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uptv.com/videos/helping-set-of-hands-bringing-up-bates

I can't watch the show but I can watch the videos on Up's website. This one features Alyssa talking about her birthing plans. Sounds like she's seeing a midwife and plans to give birth in a home type setting but not actually at their house. Most likely at a birthing center connected to (probably at) the midwife practice, which is most likely also connected to a hospital. Good for her, if that's what she wants but I do hope the low weight gain she's had doesn't put Allie at higher risk of birth related problems.

Kelly has said on their blog that Alyssa has been nauseous for pretty much her entire pregnancy. That must suck, but maybe it will discourage her and John from having eleventy billion children. ONE CAN HOPE!

I literally just put a Zofran in my mouth, and I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow. My constant nausea has not detoured me from the number of kids I want. That being said, I don't want 19. I had an OB appointment and have lost 4 pounds since my last appointment two weeks ago. The baby is perfectly fine and his legs actually measure two weeks ahead. I'm just the hot mess. I said something about being pregnant, and the lady asked when I was due. I said May and she said "This May!?" She made me spin for her while she looked me up and down because I don't look pregnant to her. You don't need to gain like, 100 pounds to have a healthy baby, ya know?

I literally just put a Zofran in my mouth, and I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow. My constant nausea has not detoured me from the number of kids I want. That being said, I don't want 19. I had an OB appointment and have lost 4 pounds since my last appointment two weeks ago. The baby is perfectly fine and his legs actually measure two weeks ahead. I'm just the hot mess. I said something about being pregnant, and the lady asked when I was due. I said May and she said "This May!?" She made me spin for her while she looked me up and down because I don't look pregnant to her. You don't need to gain like, 100 pounds to have a healthy baby, ya know?

My daughter who weighs 95 lbs, gained 13 lbs and had an 8 lb baby! And went home from the hospital weighing 97 lbs.

Yes, it can be done. I was pretty similar with my 2 pregnancies.

I think it's weird that Erin would plan her baby shower on the exact same weekend as her sister's due date. Erin isn't due until July, right? She couldn't wait a few more weeks? I know Alyssa lives in another state but that doesn't mean her family couldn't still support her from afar. I don't think it was cool of Erin to steal her sister's thunder when her family's focus should have been on Alyssa and hoping she has a smooth delivery.

Since I wasn't familiar with Erin and Alyssa's relationship as sisters I went back and looked on their social media. I found it very elling that neither has acknowleged each other's pregnancies despite them being pregnant around the same time. Not a single thing. No congratulatory posts. No cute photos comparing belly bumps. Even when Alyssa visited her family over the holiday break, she posted bunch of photos with her parents and siblings but none with Chad and Erin. People talk about the "tension" between Jill and Jessa, and I can't help but wonder if that's what we're also seeing with the two Bates girls. It certainly seems like there's a lot of similarities with Erin considered a "perfect" fundie like Jill and Alyssa and Jessa being sort of the outsiders of their families.

Erin is due June 8th. The only reason I remember that is it's just after me, lol. My guess is that since Erin is at risk for pre-term delivery due to her clotting issues, she probably didn't want to run out of time. I'm sure Alyssa didn't care, ya know?

My daughter who weighs 95 lbs, gained 13 lbs and had an 8 lb baby! And went home from the hospital weighing 97 lbs.

When I went in with my first, I was down 25 pounds due to how sick I was. He was 7 pounds 9 ounces. So far I'm down 13 pounds, I think. A lot of people don't realize how weight doesn't have to matter, as long as the baby is healthy.

When I went in with my first, I was down 25 pounds due to how sick I was. He was 7 pounds 9 ounces. So far I'm down 13 pounds, I think. A lot of people don't realize how weight doesn't have to matter, as long as the baby is healthy.

I also think the kind of food that you eat matters. Lots of people eat crappy food, gain a greater amount of weight and end up having a smaller baby.

First baby: gained 40lbs, baby was 7lb 9oz, 8 days late, took me over a year to get the weight off

Second baby: gained barely 20 lbs, baby was 7lb even, 3 weeks early. Walked out of the hospital wearing my usual jeans. One week later, went to pick up baby daddy at the airport and he walked right by me. I was wearing jeans, a shirt that was tucked into the jeans and a belt. Nobody could believe I'd just had a baby.

Third baby: gained 30 lbs, baby was 7lb 4oz 4 weeks early. 24, almost 25 years later, I STILL haven't gotten my body back from that one!

I can see why there would be tension between Erin and Alyssa. Think about it from Erin's point of view.

She has stayed close to home, close to family and their beliefs, and yet she still had trouble staying pregnant. 3 miscarriages would have been so traumatic, and here is her sister, who has strayed from their beliefs, who got pregnant almost straight away. It would probably make her question why she had to suffer while her sister, who isn't as faithful, has it easy.

I don't think it is that. Remember Erin really made a point to organise and help with Whitney's baby shower (who strayed from their belief more than Alyssa with the premarital kissing) even though Whitney got pregnant right away too and would have been due the same time that Erin would have been due if she hadn't had her first miscarriage.

Chad and Erin also stopped by John and Alyssa when they went to Florida to have a mini-vacation in September. At that time, Alyssa would have already been pregnant but not Erin. They said that they spend a few nights with them and it was a great chance to catch up and just have fun together and that they love them.

It's in the comments of their blog.

I think it was an organisational thing. Maybe Erin is not allowed to fly because of her high risk and Alyssa didn´t want to travel pregnant or with a "fresh" baby and they didn´t want to risk it to make the shower later in Erin´s pregnancy.

They make a beautiful family! I love how happy the new parents look with their little peanut - Allie Jane is just adorable! And the pictures of her meeting her maternal Grandparents are nice too - they look rather smitten with their Granddaughter.

Not gonna lie, I am wicked jealous of your daughter right now. My tummy loves to expand and make me look like I have a tiny baby bump after I eat - even if it's something super healthy. I fully expect to wind up looking like an overinflated balloon while pregnant. :lol:

Seriously though, I think it's really interesting how differently people's bodies react to pregnancy. My parents' neighbor is expecting her second in June - with her first she didn't look pregnant at all from behind (even when she was full-term), yet there are women that you can instantly tell are pregnant without seeing their front. Then there are women like your daughter who don't gain a lot of weight at all, compared to someone like my mom who gained around 50 pounds with each of her pregnancies (and she still managed to totally rock a strapless yellow bathing suit in her last trimester!)

I don't think it is that. Remember Erin really made a point to organise and help with Whitney's baby shower (who strayed from their belief more than Alyssa with the premarital kissing) even though Whitney got pregnant right away too and would have been due the same time that Erin would have been due if she hadn't had her first miscarriage.

Chad and Erin also stopped by John and Alyssa when they went to Florida to have a mini-vacation in September. At that time, Alyssa would have already been pregnant but not Erin. They said that they spend a few nights with them and it was a great chance to catch up and just have fun together and that they love them.

It's in the comments of their blog.

Because I had nothing better to do during my lunch hour, I went back through Erin and Chad's Instagram photos and noticed that they did not post a picture of Bradley until a few weeks after Bradley's birth (even though they were at the hospital that night, and Chad was the one who took a lot of those photos of in the hospital), and it was just them visiting with Zach, Whitney, and Bradley without all the others. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we do not see a picture/post announcing their new niece for a few weeks, until they get to meet Allie Jane themselves (whether they decide to fly down or Alyssa brings Allie Jane up to Tennessee) If you notice Chad and Erin have not re-posted any photos from either OK magazine or from UP's instagram account.

I get the sense that the way Erin and Chad choose to announce news whether it is on their blog, or post pictures to their Instagram account is similar to how Dr. and Mrs. Paine announce news on their website. (Does that make sense?). For example, While Erin and Chad announced that they were expecting a baby awhile ago, Dr. and Mrs. Paine just announced it on their family blog last week. It doesn't mean that they are not any less excited about their new grandson than Gil and Kelly, I think they just announced it when they were ready to share and not when they are expected to share. Another example, was that even though Kelly blogged about Erin's miscarriage, Dr. and Mrs. Paine did not. Again, it doesn't make them less devastated than Kelly and Gil, they just opted not to blog about it or they opted to let Chad's post on his personal blog stand alone.

Maybe the Paines and the Websters have decided to keep their visits together private and just for them. It would explain why Alyssa (or Chad and Erin) didn't post any pictures of their visit back in September on their Instagram accounts...

and now I officially do not have a life after dissecting their blogs and Instagram accounts.

Because I had nothing better to do during my lunch hour, I went back through Erin and Chad's Instagram photos and noticed that they did not post a picture of Bradley until a few weeks after Bradley's birth (even though they were at the hospital that night, and Chad was the one who took a lot of those photos of in the hospital), and it was just them visiting with Zach, Whitney, and Bradley without all the others. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we do not see a picture/post announcing their new niece for a few weeks, until they get to meet Allie Jane themselves (whether they decide to fly down or Alyssa brings Allie Jane up to Tennessee) If you notice Chad and Erin have not re-posted any photos from either OK magazine or from UP's instagram account.

I get the sense that the way Erin and Chad choose to announce news whether it is on their blog, or post pictures to their Instagram account is similar to how Dr. and Mrs. Paine announce news on their website. (Does that make sense?). For example, While Erin and Chad announced that they were expecting a baby awhile ago, Dr. and Mrs. Paine just announced it on their family blog last week. It doesn't mean that they are not any less excited about their new grandson than Gil and Kelly, I think they just announced it when they were ready to share and not when they are expected to share. Another example, was that even though Kelly blogged about Erin's miscarriage, Dr. and Mrs. Paine did not. Again, it doesn't make them less devastated than Kelly and Gil, they just opted not to blog about it or they opted to let Chad's post on his personal blog stand alone.

Maybe the Paines and the Websters have decided to keep their visits together private and just for them. It would explain why Alyssa (or Chad and Erin) didn't post any pictures of their visit back in September on their Instagram accounts...

and now I officially do not have a life after dissecting their blogs and Instagram accounts.

I think you are on to something here. I feel like they value their personal relationships and don't feel the need to blast it everywhere. Mad respect to them.

John looks a lot like my ex.

Ha ha isn't that freaky when that happens. I have an ex who looked a lot like Dexter, you know the serial killer from the TV show

New pic of Allie Jane from John's Instagram (he finally made it public, or made a new one or something)

THIS BABY IS SO CUTE

99mkx3.jpg

Awww, cute baby. I don't know if babies that young are capable of it, but she looks like she is laughing about something!

Aaaand we have the first pic of her in trousers on aunty Michael's instagram. brandon_Michael_jn15

Ah yeah! Bring on the non-wholesomewear baby swim suits!

New pic of Allie Jane from John's Instagram (he finally made it public, or made a new one or something)

THIS BABY IS SO CUTE

99mkx3.jpg

Hahahaha her face in that picture. So cute! And I love the messy hair. My niece also have spiky hair like that when she was born, it was hilariously adorable. No need for fake pigtails. :P

THIS BABY IS SO CUTE

99mkx3.jpg

She is absolutely precious! Look at those cheeks; I wanna eat her up. Plus, I bet she still has that newborn scent.

John looks a lot like my ex.

I think he looks like Lord Farquaad. It was bothering me that he looked like someone :lol:

instagram.com/p/1o-Y2oJApw/?taken-by=

Some of Alyssa's sisters with Allie - including Chad & Erin.

instagram.com/p/1o-Y2oJApw/?taken-by=

Some of Alyssa's sisters with Allie - including Chad & Erin.

That's adorable!

Archived