IGNORED

Allie Webster Birth Watch - She's Here!

Ursula

Well, Dilly Dally seems to be Dilly Dallying his way into this world, not that I blame him with the family he's being born into, so let's move on to another impending fundie royalty birth.

Alyssa Webster (formerly Bates) is due in about five days with her and John's first child, a girl, whom they've named Allie Jane Webster. Alyssa looks like she's about 6 months pregnant at 39 weeks. She has posted a couple of cute pictures of the nursery the couple has set up as well as from her baby shower, where Allie was gifted a normal person baby swimsuit and Alyssa was wearing what was basically a LBD (little black dress). Double Nike!

I think she will probably be born in mid-April so I'll guess the 15th exactly. But I wouldn't be at all shocked if Allie kicks her way into the world before Dilly :P

DISCUSS!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that Allie Jane may arrive before Dilly Dally. I think it would be funny if both babies were born on Easter so Dilly Dally wouldn't be the only special snowflake to get the religious holiday birthday.

But I think Alyssa might deliver right on her due date of April 10th. Alyssa comes across as super organized and the type of person who makes plans and doesn't just wait around for things to happen. I don't expect her to go overdue as long as Jill has if she does pass her due date.

I doubt Allyssa is going for a home birth with a semi qualified midwife, so she will probably be induced if she goes as late as Jill.

Then again, Kelly Bates had her first 15 at home, so maybe Allyssa is comfortable with home birth. I haven't read anywhere where she's talked about her birth plan.

I'm pretty sure Alyssa is birthing in a birth center. I think it was on an episode of BUB and Kelly Bates was surprised that it wasn't in the hospital.

I think Alyssa might go a little late, but not more than a few days. Am waiting to see if they stick monster-size bows on her head. If they don't, I'll be very encouraged. College maybe? A career?

I'm pretty sure Alyssa is birthing in a birth center. I think it was on an episode of BUB and Kelly Bates was surprised that it wasn't in the hospital.

Really? Oh! Well birthing center I suppose I can see. I just can't see her having a home birth.

Really? Oh! Well birthing center I suppose I can see. I just can't see her having a home birth.

I can't see her with a home birth either. Alyssa strikes me as someone who, now she is free from her loving yet chaotic family, loves her peace and quiet, and her tidy home which she enjoys keeping neat and wonderful for John. No way is she going to be having a messy business like birth shatter that illusion, even for a few hours.

A hospital or birthing centre can also be a controlled environment, where you can tell the midwives/nurses "No visitors yet" or how long you want visitors to stay, and they will gently show the madding crowd of family members and well wishers the door, until Alyssa and John have had enough alone time with the new baby, or are ready to be inundated, because I'm sure they may be. Not all Alyssa's sibs may come, but a few probably will.

uptv.com/videos/helping-set-of-hands-bringing-up-bates

I can't watch the show but I can watch the videos on Up's website. This one features Alyssa talking about her birthing plans. Sounds like she's seeing a midwife and plans to give birth in a home type setting but not actually at their house. Most likely at a birthing center connected to (probably at) the midwife practice, which is most likely also connected to a hospital. Good for her, if that's what she wants but I do hope the low weight gain she's had doesn't put Allie at higher risk of birth related problems.

Kelly has said on their blog that Alyssa has been nauseous for pretty much her entire pregnancy. That must suck, but maybe it will discourage her and John from having eleventy billion children. ONE CAN HOPE!

I can't watch the show but I can watch the videos on Up's website. This one features Alyssa talking about her birthing plans. Sounds like she's seeing a midwife and plans to give birth in a home type setting but not actually at their house. Most likely at a birthing center connected to (probably at) the midwife practice, which is most likely also connected to a hospital. Good for her, if that's what she wants but I do hope the low weight gain she's had doesn't put Allie at higher risk of birth related problems.

Kelly has said on their blog that Alyssa has been nauseous for pretty much her entire pregnancy. That must suck, but maybe it will discourage her and John from having eleventy billion children. ONE CAN HOPE!

I'm still intensely nauseous at 18 weeks and it's certainly firmed my resolve to get my tubes tied - I've actually lost weight this pregnancy. I can't imagine how I'll feel if it keeps going right up to delivery - my morning sickness ended at 12 weeks with my other pregnancies.

Alyssa's midwife practice looks like the type of place that would be connected to a hospital. Looks very hygienic and medical practice-y, unlike the place Jill is going, which just feels like somebody's house in the country. Of course, you can't judge a book by it's cover, so who knows...

Actually, I assumed Alyssa would have a C-section. She is so tiny and slim, I'd just assumed that vaginal birth would be too risky. I don't see John as someone to push anything on her, I guess he's laid back enough to let her make major decisions but much like Chad, I don't see him risking his wife's life for the sake of baybeez.

I hope Alyssa had a safe delivery. That sucks that she has been so sick. Put like someone said up thread I hope this discourages them from having so many kids.

She's already said she doesn't want 19,...."maybe 9 or 10?"

Guess what,...I don't believe her that she even wants that many. Seriously, she seems kind of haggard when a lot of people are around (can't imagine why, right?). She didn't seem to be having a blast, on BUB, when she was helping the kids with a table activity. She seemed more like, "I can't wait until all these people are out of my face." Maybe she'll be different with her own, but I still don't see her wanting to pass 6 children or so. I think Alyssa is perfectly happy being hundreds of miles away from her mega family, -not because she doesn't love or care about them, but just because she's tired of "Bringing Up Bates'".

Actually, I assumed Alyssa would have a C-section. She is so tiny and slim, I'd just assumed that vaginal birth would be too risky. I don't see John as someone to push anything on her, I guess he's laid back enough to let her make major decisions but much like Chad, I don't see him risking his wife's life for the sake of baybeez.

Actually some of the smallest women I delivered were able to have large babies vaginally. Pelvic anatomy and baby positioning/size play a big role and the culture is starting to change toward avoiding elective c-sections because studies are showing more nicu time and potentially worse outcomes for mothers as well. Ob culture is also changing to avoid scheduled inductions prior to 39 weeks unless medically necessary and prior to due date only if the cervix is favorable

I think she has already been born. Her last post was about a manicure and pedicure. Pedicures, if done with acupressure, have sent a lot of my friends into labor. There haven't been anymore pregnancy updates and the picture she posted this morning is only a head shot.

I don't think Allie has been born yet, I'm thinking that Dilly will come tomorrow and Allie next weekend. When is Erin due?

I'm kinda over waiting for baby Dilly to arrive and looking forward to miss Allie Jane making her appearance. Much like Alyssa I had a pretty small belly and gained very little weight (though we're not sure how much Alyssa has gained.) My baby was 20 inches and 6lb 5oz so not much smaller than average. I don't think we can tell how well Alyssa will tolerate labor based on her small frame either. I have a friend who's very tall with wide hips and ended up with a c-section (big-head that got wedged) and another friend's sister who was about Alyssa's size and pushed her 8 lb baby out in 10 minutes. Hope for a smooth and quick delivery for her.

You can't tell by looking at someone on the outside if their pelvis will accommodate a vaginal delivery. The width of the external pelvis is not the same thing as the width of the internal pelvis.

Many very petite women give birth just fine just like many tall and larger women have trouble. There is no real relationship. What matters is that the widest part of the babies head makes it past the narrowest part of the mom's pelvis. This narrowest part are the ischial spines. When doing a vaginal exam, the nurse or doctor will locate these spines, which are small little bony protuberances into the pelvic opening. If the baby's head is even with the spines, they are describe as being at "Zero Station". If the baby's head is above the spines, the baby is described as being at a "Minus Station". For example, if the nurse checks Jill and says she is 3 cm dilated and at -1 station, that means the cervix is open about 3 cm and the lowest part of the babies head is a bit above the spines. This would be typical in early labor. If however a baby stays at a (-) station throughout labor, especially for first babies, then as time goes on, that raises the concern that the baby is not going to pass through the pelvis.

If the Nurse or DR or Midwife checks Jill or Alyssa and says they are 3cm, and +1 station, that is really good news. This means that the head is passing through the narrowest section of the pelvis. This is very encouraging for a vaginal delivery.

The progression of the head deeper into the pelvis is probably the most important indicator of a likely vaginal delivery. As the head descends, it mechanically puts pressure on the cervix which, in addition the the contractions, helps to open and thin out the cervix. If the Head does not descend, this mechanical pressure won't happen and labor will take longer or stall out.

After the first baby, however, it is not uncommon for the baby to stay at a (-) station until late in labor. Then often at transition, they might rapidly descend. Some babies may have some bruising on the head or face if the descent was intense and typically it is not dangerous but can look pretty alarming. I have seen some babies born whose faces are purple. From the neck up they look dead, but it is just bruising from a rapid descent.

What would be predictive would be how big John was when born. He is a tall guy, but if he was a normal sized baby, Alyssa should be fine. If he was a 10 pounder with a huge head, then that would be concerning.

Genetically, both Alyssa and Jill are likely to be able to have successful vaginal births as evidenced by their mothers' having numerous vaginal births and VBACs. If all of Kelly or M's were c/s babies, then again, that would raise concerns.

In Alyssa's case, my only concern would be if John was a huge baby. In Jill's case, being over due by nearly 2 weeks suggests that the baby is not descending into the pelvis like most first babies do over the last couple of weeks of the pregnancy. Now this could correct itself, and sometimes a skilled physician can use forceps to rotate the baby into a better position but that has to be done at a hospital. Jill's pregnancy is increasing in risk each day. Not to say anything bad will happen, but with each passing day, inching to 2 weeks late, the pregnancy seems less and less likely to end with a completely normal, low risk vaginal delivery. I am sure Jill knows this. And I really don't believe that she or Derick would do anything to put their baby or Jill at risk. I suspect if they don't deliver by Tuesday, she will be at least looking at a hospital delivery.

I think early June. I think she will be induced early due to her clotting issue.

Her due date is in 5 days... and Alyssa doesn't have a clotting issue. You're thinking of Erin.

I recently saw Kelly's 19th birth (would that be Jeb or Judson?), and there she said that she usually had her babies around two weeks before her due date. Would that be something that could possibly have been passed on to her daughters?

Yes. Someone was asking about Erin's due date and I responded. Haven't quite figured out how to directly reply.

Yes. Someone was asking about Erin's due date and I responded. Haven't quite figured out how to directly reply.

click "quote" in the upper righthand corner of the post you want to reply to.

Archived