IGNORED

Allie Webster Birth Watch - She's Here!

Ursula

tumblr_nmo8oqMoTh1rdhhmko1_500.jpg

Here she is! And I lose another birth poll. Maybe I'll finally win when Cherin's comes around...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't make heads or tails of where that photograph was taken. It looks like an office building of some sort. So probably a home birth?

Alyssa had planned to go to a birthing center. It looks like the waiting area of one.

She shares a birthday with her aunt (George :D ) Carlin. Well, assuming she was born today and not yesterday. Alyssa sure is lucky she didn't go two weeks past her estimated due date like Jill AND SO ARE WE (not that the Bateseseses pregnancies are followed as closely as the Duggar ones). Cute little girl, I hope they enjoy her and her alone for at least one year before having another, but I won't hold my breath. Still, Alyssa and John are my top hope for breaking away from fundie fruitcake Got-hard land. Come on you two, YOU CAN DO IT!

Well, at the very least little Allie will get to grow up wearing short and tank tops and probably taking trips to Disney World.

Ah guessed wrong but many more chances to come. Cute baby indeed :D

I agree with some of the posters here that I hope that she will be the center of her parents world for a year or more :pray:

I like the side eye she's giving - run, Allie, run, and take your parents with you!

Yay I picked April 11!! Congratulations to all of them. She looks so cute!

I knew we wouldn't see a picture of Alyssa shortly after giving birth. I'd think she'd want time to rest and freshen up before any pictures of her are taken and then released.

There could easily be 100 grandkids. I wonder whether they'll try to coordinate on or reserve names so there aren't multiple kids with the same name.

I doubt it and I don't think they should. My dad has 10 siblings and there are 30 grandkids on that side. There are two Erics, two Elizabeth's, two Carols, and two Jennifers. It's really not all that confusing because we don't really spend that much time together. I think it would silly to try to pick a name no one else has in your family. Now if you are particularly close to a sister both in heart and in locale, it would probably be sensible not to pick the same name.

Cute baby! I bet we won't see any of the birth action on the show, Alyssa seems too private for that and I don't think she allows herself to be bullied into anything she doesn't want to do which is a nice change from most other fundie women.

Cute baby. I'm surprised no Bates instagram has any evidence of her birth (including Alyssa). You think if one grandparent posted about it, the other set of them would.

How fundie this kid is remains to be seen, but you would think the proud parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles would post something acknowledging her arrival (several comments have alluded to it)

She's here and looks adorable! What a head of hair! I cant wait to hopefully see her rocking a cute, little (obviously pink) bathing suit this summer :D

As someone else mentioned, hopefully little Allie will get the chance to have a somewhat more open view of the world!

I think it's weird that Erin would plan her baby shower on the exact same weekend as her sister's due date. Erin isn't due until July, right? She couldn't wait a few more weeks? I know Alyssa lives in another state but that doesn't mean her family couldn't still support her from afar. I don't think it was cool of Erin to steal her sister's thunder when her family's focus should have been on Alyssa and hoping she has a smooth delivery.

Since I wasn't familiar with Erin and Alyssa's relationship as sisters I went back and looked on their social media. I found it very elling that neither has acknowleged each other's pregnancies despite them being pregnant around the same time. Not a single thing. No congratulatory posts. No cute photos comparing belly bumps. Even when Alyssa visited her family over the holiday break, she posted bunch of photos with her parents and siblings but none with Chad and Erin. People talk about the "tension" between Jill and Jessa, and I can't help but wonder if that's what we're also seeing with the two Bates girls. It certainly seems like there's a lot of similarities with Erin considered a "perfect" fundie like Jill and Alyssa and Jessa being sort of the outsiders of their families.

Cute baby. I'm surprised no Bates instagram has any evidence of her birth (including Alyssa). You think if one grandparent posted about it, the other set of them would.

How fundie this kid is remains to be seen, but you would think the proud parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles would post something acknowledging her arrival (several comments have alluded to it)

They're protecting the exclusive contracts with Up and whichever morning shows and tabloids the Bates deal with.

Taliban Dan obviously considers Allie Jane's value as a family values campaign prop to outweigh the Bateses media commitments. She is a Webster after all.

I think it's weird that Erin would plan her baby shower on the exact same weekend as her sister's due date. Erin isn't due until July, right? She couldn't wait a few more weeks? I know Alyssa lives in another state but that doesn't mean her family couldn't still support her from afar. I don't think it was cool of Erin to steal her sister's thunder when her family's focus should have been on Alyssa and hoping she has a smooth delivery.

Since I wasn't familiar with Erin and Alyssa's relationship as sisters I went back and looked on their social media. I found it very elling that neither has acknowleged each other's pregnancies despite them being pregnant around the same time. Not a single thing. No congratulatory posts. No cute photos comparing belly bumps. Even when Alyssa visited her family over the holiday break, she posted bunch of photos with her parents and siblings but none with Chad and Erin. People talk about the "tension" between Jill and Jessa, and I can't help but wonder if that's what we're also seeing with the two Bates girls. It certainly seems like there's a lot of similarities with Erin considered a "perfect" fundie like Jill and Alyssa and Jessa being sort of the outsiders of their families.

Erin had her baby shower this past weekend? That does seem odd. Maybe they thought Alyssa would go a week or so late because she was still so tiny but that obviously didn't happen...

I too would have expected a duo sister baby bump photo taken at some point but maybe the last time Alyssa and Erin were physically in the same place Erin wasn't showing yet so there was no point? The last time they were together in the same place may have been Thanksgiving (even Alyssa was barely showing then!).

Both women had each other as bridesmaids when they got married so I doubt they HATE each other, just maybe aren't as close as some of the other siblings.

Archived