IGNORED

Mary Maxwell graduates (aka 30 years of homeschooling)

HoneyBunny

Is he the one who wanted to be an EMT? Maybe they have done real things with their lives that don't make the blog. Or, maybe he bought the shirt at a fund raiser....

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is he the one who wanted to be an EMT? Maybe they have done real things with their lives that don't make the blog. Or, maybe he bought the shirt at a fund raiser....

It was Chris that wanted to be an EMT. Stevie talked him out of cuz he might have to work with a woman, or have a woman as a boss, have to work on Sunday, or see bare tits while on a call.

+1

I have wondered this many times (I know, I have too much free time). The Maxwells have visited zoos and safari parks several times and surely have encountered animals either "enjoying" themselves or each other... I'm sure the chidults are told to look away but they must have gotten a glimpse or two. And to think of it, I hope that is not their only sex ed before marriage, seeing monkeys at it (sorry for the mental image), but I wouldn't put it past Stevehovah & Terified to totally ignore this part of their precious kids' upbringing. Joe and the Love Of His Life figured it all out quickly and this makes me wonder what they actually know about sweet fellowshipping when they get married :think:

Some random thoughts:

-poor lil' Josh's sunhat seems like it's adult size and maybe that's why it looks so weird. On the other hand, Chris and NR Anna like to put their kids in straitjackets at the dinner table because a bib is obviously not enough, so maybe they just really like to cover their kids from the elements (see Ruthie's tights and cardigan). It cannot be because of a cool weather since the same aged Tina and Drew are in bare legs and t-shirts.

-as much as I detest pretty much everything the Maxhells represent, I have to give a little credit to them: a) the boys cook every now and then, and b) the boys seem very natural and gentle around their nieces and nephews (see Joe and John in these zoo pictures). They certainly are involved in the kids' lives.

-Joe & Elissa look very happy. I certainly hope they stay that way, for Elissa's sake. By the way, I love her shoes.

-Nathan's jeans are pretty defrauding. Thank God his crazy eyes kill all the interest I might have.

-Sarah's camera bag must kill her shoulder and neck muscles. Such a heavy bag hurts so bad after a long day. That's way I changed into a camera backpack (photography is my dear hobby) and never looked back.

-Porky DOES look pissed off :lol:

-I shudder to say this but Steve has aged well and that greyish beard suits him. It's his insanity that is a total turn-off.

Elissa's shoes? Really? They are sneakers.

Elissa's shoes? Really? They are sneakers.

And I really like them.

I probably used the wrong word. I use "shoe" in a broad sense of the word covering everything from flip flops to dress shoes, but I do realize it's probably not right in English (and in my language it is right). However, English is not my first language so please bear with me ;)

Shoe is a fine word to describe footwear. :)

Phew :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Woah that's a big tarantula in that video! I think the second one they show is an adult version of my Humbug! He is gonna be huge!

Yes, it is. I didn't mean to suggest otherwise! I just found her sneakers unremarkable, is all. :-)

It was Chris that wanted to be an EMT. Stevie talked him out of cuz he might have to work with a woman, or have a woman as a boss, have to work on Sunday, or see bare tits while on a call.

And that pisses me off so.damn.much. So they are too Christian to be EMTs, yet I am sure they would call 911 in a quick second if one of them had a heart attack or other emergency health issue.

Also, Jesus healed people on the Sabbath (men AND women! :o ). This is why even Seventh-Day Adventists, who are renown for taking the Sabbath commandment incredibly seriously, permit SDA doctors and nurses to work on Saturdays (their Sabbath). I often wonder if the Maxwells have ever actually thought about what they're reading during all that Bible time.

Here's the next Dad's Corner topic for you Steve: Pharisees.

Kinda ticks me off if Nate is wearing a fire department shirt while not a firefighter or first-responder. They're high on my respect list, and it seems like impersonation as bad as pretending to be a decorated military vet.

What if someone needed emergency help, saw Nate's shirt and expected first aid, only to find out he just wears it "to show support/gratitude for the FD"?

Of course, a first responder *would* arrive eventually, and until then, Nate would've prayed for the victim. I mean, presuming they weren't too dangerously worldly, right?

If it turns out that he's a volunteer or part timer or that the shirt has some logo identifying its wearer as a FD supporter, then sure, all side-eyes are undone.

I hope Nate *is* wearing the shirt because he serves with the FD somehow.

Is wearing a sport coat that weird? My husband (age 36) often does if it's too warm for real outerwear but still a little chilly. He prefers collared shirts and sport coats look nice, especially with well-fitted jeans. Steve's pic in a coat and tshirt is odd though; it looks like one of those Maxwell-standard undershirts. Maybe he spilled something on his button down and had to take it off.

Kinda ticks me off if Nate is wearing a fire department shirt while not a firefighter or first-responder. They're high on my respect list, and it seems like impersonation as bad as pretending to be a decorated military vet.

Not to talk too much about my husband's wardrobe, but his best friend is in the Navy. A few years ago his friend gave him a tshirt for Christmas that says US Navy and the name of his friend's ship. My husband has never been in the Navy or any branch of the armed services, but he wears that shirt all the time because he's proud of his friend and it's comfy. I don't think that's dishonest or anything. Nate's shirt doesn't seem any different: if he bought it in a fundraiser or got it from someone affiliated with the fire department or something, it's fine if he wears it, right?

Yes, it is. I didn't mean to suggest otherwise! I just found her sneakers unremarkable, is all. :-)

I've known to like colorful shoes, sneakers or not ;)

What if someone needed emergency help, saw Nate's shirt and expected first aid, only to find out he just wears it "to show support/gratitude for the FD"?

Of course, a first responder *would* arrive eventually, and until then, Nate would've prayed for the victim. I mean, presuming they weren't too dangerously worldly, right?

If it turns out that he's a volunteer or part timer or that the shirt has some logo identifying its wearer as a FD supporter, then sure, all side-eyes are undone.

I hope Nate *is* wearing the shirt because he serves with the FD somehow.

It's pretty common in my area to see both men and women in police or fire department t shirts in the summer. They are give away items at fund raisers or thanks for donations to a benevolent association. No one considers them impersonations when worn by civilians, and no one IDs first responders by their t shirts around here. Hell, I have a fire department logo tee that I wear to the pool. No one ever asks me to get Fluffy out of a tree. :wink-kitty:

It's pretty common in my area to see both men and women in police or fire department t shirts in the summer. They are give away items at fund raisers or thanks for donations to a benevolent association. No one considers them impersonations when worn by civilians, and no one IDs first responders by their t shirts around here. Hell, I have a fire department logo tee that I wear to the pool. No one ever asks me to get Fluffy out of a tree. :wink-kitty:

Kind of like I doubt the Dugger guy is shooting Palestinians.

I'm not a fan of daft slogan t-shirts like that. So easy when you are a thousand miles away.

I can definitely see getting your younger kids out of there while the gorillas are getting it on, but your 33, 24, 22, 21, and 18 year olds should be able to handle it. If not then you did a shitty job of raising them.

I was actually 11/12 at the time and my parents just let me watch :nanner-sex: . Does that make them bad parents? Or actually make me well adjusted?

What's worse, he might see a pair of bare FEMALE tits! Or maybe a vajayjay. The horror.

Actually, I am surprised that Steve allowed that picture of his son in a FD shirt to even appear on the blog, since it has been documented that a son wanted to be an EMT but Steve, I mean, the Lord laid it upon his heart to not be.

Is wearing a sport coat that weird? My husband (age 36) often does if it's too warm for real outerwear but still a little chilly. He prefers collared shirts and sport coats look nice, especially with well-fitted jeans. Steve's pic in a coat and tshirt is odd though; it looks like one of those Maxwell-standard undershirts. Maybe he spilled something on his button down and had to take it off.

Not to talk too much about my husband's wardrobe, but his best friend is in the Navy. A few years ago his friend gave him a tshirt for Christmas that says US Navy and the name of his friend's ship. My husband has never been in the Navy or any branch of the armed services, but he wears that shirt all the time because he's proud of his friend and it's comfy. I don't think that's dishonest or anything. Nate's shirt doesn't seem any different: if he bought it in a fundraiser or got it from someone affiliated with the fire department or something, it's fine if he wears it, right?

No not weird. According to my father a sport jacket was for after the sport event, in his case field hockey and cricket. He was quite a conservative gentleman and he lived to the strict dress code of his time and milieu. At his parents house he had to change for dinner.

At the end of the thrilling Maxwells at the zoo photo series, Sarah refers to her parents as "the retired couple." What is Steve retired from? He seems to still be getting up everyday and imprisoning his adult children...

The only way he could retire from his obsesssion occupation of keeping a bunch of grown adults stuck in the gulag Maxwell family compound (plus sucking in a few more via marriage) is shuffling off this mortal coil. He of all people should be a bit worried about where's he going when he dies, unfortunately I don't believe that place exists.

The only way he could retire from his obsesssion occupation of keeping a bunch of grown adults stuck in the gulag Maxwell family compound (plus sucking in a few more via marriage) is shuffling off this mortal coil. He of all people should be a bit worried about where's he going when he dies, unfortunately I don't believe that place exists.

I've been thinking about her "retired couple" comment, and I think this is just Stevie's way of telling their blog readers and customers that there will be no more traveling sales pitches. Which isn't too hard to figure out. Uriah is gone, probably to his Priscilla. The "kids" are getting older, and some of them are moving on. Many of them will turn to dust. Sales are drying up, and no one wants to take advice from parents who are no longer homeschooling, even if they did do it for 30 years.

This is just Steve-speak. He could have said, "Thank you, loyal friends, customers and blog readers for your many years of faithful business. At this point in time, we will no longer be traveling on a regular basis. All of our books, homeschool curriculums and other products will always be available through our website. We continue to look for more opportunities to serve the Lord as He sees fit and hope that all of you will be here to share them with us. Thank you all for your continued prayers, and know that you are in ours. In His Service, The Maxwell Family."

But nooooooo. Weird old Steve has to play games and throw out obvious hints and make his minions decipher them (which isn't all that hard).

So I think that comment was the Maxwell "announcement" that Steve and Teri are done.

My guess is that the "retired" comment was about the homeschooling -- Teri as teacher and Steve as "principal". Since that was the focus of the post in general. It was all presented so oddly, though, that it's hard to discern just what they meant.

I've been thinking about her "retired couple" comment, and I think this is just Stevie's way of telling their blog readers and customers that there will be no more traveling sales pitches. Which isn't too hard to figure out. Uriah is gone, probably to his Priscilla. The "kids" are getting older, and some of them are moving on. Many of them will turn to dust. Sales are drying up, and no one wants to take advice from parents who are no longer homeschooling, even if they did do it for 30 years.

This is just Steve-speak. He could have said, "Thank you, loyal friends, customers and blog readers for your many years of faithful business. At this point in time, we will no longer be traveling on a regular basis. All of our books, homeschool curriculums and other products will always be available through our website. We continue to look for more opportunities to serve the Lord as He sees fit and hope that all of you will be here to share them with us. Thank you all for your continued prayers, and know that you are in ours. In His Service, The Maxwell Family."

But nooooooo. Weird old Steve has to play games and throw out obvious hints and make his minions decipher them (which isn't all that hard).

So I think that comment was the Maxwell "announcement" that Steve and Teri are done.

I am not surprised that they would be done. About a year or so back, they reported a family brainstorming session at the gulag; it appeared that business was drying out then. Certainly getting rid of Uriah was a sign and would actually make sense . Seems that conferences are fewer and even before Teri stopped homeschooling, there was discussion that that people attending conferences were signing up to get info on schedules, homeschooling, etc but were subjected to talks about extreme sheltering and hearing Steve go off on the menfolk about protecting their families from hell. I always wondered if feedback from these conferences was possibly hurting them.

Awwww poor Sarah :( But her soul has already turned to dust. Steve crushed it beyond all hope and now it is gone. She is just a poor sad shell of a person.

I've known to like colorful shoes, sneakers or not ;)

Are we talking about the New Balance shoes that don't go at all with an ill fitting denim skirt?

I would like them more if the wearer was properly attired for a day of walking around a zoo.

I'm surprised they were able to sell scheduling in the first place . How hard is it? Once you have the idea you just...make the schedule. I don't think I need a book to do it.

I actually briefly knew a man who scheduled his day into 15 minute periods exactly like the Maxwells. Except he did it because he had a pretty bad case of ADD and perhaps something else so he was making himself stay on track. But he didn't need a book to do it.

I also suspect the marker is shrinking. Erika Shupe is offering the same sort of scheduling advice for free and her home looks marginally less depressing.

Archived