IGNORED

Mary Maxwell graduates (aka 30 years of homeschooling)

HoneyBunny

I don't think there is anything wrong with them intelligence wise, or in any way at all, that has not been caused by Steve. I bet if Sarah had been given a decent education and been able to read all of the books she wants (and have conversations with real people, the speech in her books are not how normal people speak), she would be able to write like an adult. It might not be good enough to get published, but I think she would have at least had average writing ability. If she had been socialized properly and given the opportunities to interact with other people her age who aren't related, and to make friends and be independent, she would not be this weird woman child that she is now. It is all Steve's fault, and it is sad that he had eight children, born full of potential, and then killed their souls. They could have been so much more, but they are not, and they will always struggle in life because even if they did get out, theres only so much you can do to undo 18-32? years of brainwashing and isolation.

Well said! How can you write well if you've never been exposed to other writing; sing and play well if you've never been exposed to other music; illustrate well if you've never been exposed to other art? Of course these childults are one dimensional - no wonder!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hateread the free "Summer with the Moodys" on Kindle. There is a long and turgid section that goes into agonizing detail about the installation of a mailbox post. In her afterword, Sarah thanks her family members for their input. It's blatantly obvious that Stevehovah or one of her brothers wrote the mailbox section for her.

I hateread the free "Summer with the Moodys" on Kindle. There is a long and turgid section that goes into agonizing detail about the installation of a mailbox post. In her afterword, Sarah thanks her family members for their input. It's blatantly obvious that Stevehovah or one of her brothers wrote the mailbox section for her.

Where can I get it for free? I tried searching but only found versions I'd have to pay for (and I refuse to do that out of principle)

Where can I get it for free? I tried searching but only found versions I'd have to pay for (and I refuse to do that out of principle)

Get a one month free subscription to Kindle Unlimited. Summer with the Moodys is a free download. Be forewarned: a grammar teacher could wear out several red pens making corrections. The writing is shockingly bad. But it provides an even better insight into daily life at the Maxwell house than thir blog.

Teri and Steve have Bachelors degrees yet they don't teach worth a shit.

You can't be serious. :pink-shock: So both of them went to real school and yet they make their children dumb as hell. Okay Tereve.

I can't stand the parents like Steve and Teri, who were able to receive a good education, then turn around and flatly deny their children the same thing. Michelle and JimBob received a at least high school education, and Kelly and Gil Bates both went to college.

They're all hypocrites of the highest order.

Teri and Steve have Bachelors degrees yet they don't teach worth a shit.

Not everyone can teach. Some homeschoolers might be able to manage one or two kids, but not eight (or more) who are all learning at different grade levels. And that's before you throw the whackadoodle religious beliefs into the equation.

Get a one month free subscription to Kindle Unlimited. Summer with the Moodys is a free download. Be forewarned: a grammar teacher could wear out several red pens making corrections. The writing is shockingly bad. But it provides an even better insight into daily life at the Maxwell house than thir blog.

They want me to give them credit card information :( No go for me.

Too bad no one who would read that book would ever put it up as a(n evil) torrent.

You can't be serious. :pink-shock: So both of them went to real school and yet they make their children dumb as hell. Okay Tereve.

That's part of the control factor. Don't give the tools they need to think or function as a true adult. :angry-banghead: "Train" the girls that the only purpose for a woman is to marry, have children, and homeschool, but never allow them to marry.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, look at the size of the camera bag Sarah dragged around! :pink-shock: You can really see Elissa baby bump!

Well, Teri, now that you are "retired", how are you going to fill your days?!?!

They don't make it sound like Teri likes animals-- she just appreciates that the children like animals. Sure sounds like an exciting celebration.

Nice homeschooling, Teri. Did you teach Sarah to write this sentence?:

"Drew with a Snugars’ hat he was gifted with!" That just sounds awkward.

And yes, I can imagine how difficult it would be to get almost 20 people together for a day trip. You know, people with jobs and school schedules and after school activities and church activities and friends and other social activities. But for you folks? No, I do not believe that finding the time for you to go to the zoo was difficult at all.

And Sarah? When you post a photo of adorable Drew and caption it "sleepy baby", how about finding a photo of a baby that is actually sleepy?

My post is cranky. The Maxwells have pissed me off with their fucking "anonymous" mystery country game this week.

My immediate thought when I saw this thread title: If COURSE she did. There are only two forms of What Some Might Call Fun in Maxhell: Hiking and going to the zoo.

Ohhhhhh, for fuck's sakes. *throws up hands and stalks away*

I wonder if Jesse asked the zoo employee if he knows where he's going when he dies? I'm enjoying the mental image of the guy telling the tarantula just where to sink his fangs...[emoji1]

"selfie photos"

I'd say she sounds like an out of touch old lady :character-oldtimer: but today even elderly people know how to internet.

Oh Sarah, another day without an update from John in Anonymous-stan?

He's told you he's never coming back, hasn't he?

Ha! Check out the person in pink on the left hand side. She's looking back at the Maxwells like :pink-shock:

blog.titus2.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/DSC_1557.jpg

"selfie photos"

I'd say she sounds like an out of touch old lady :character-oldtimer: but today even elderly people know how to internet.

That and the liberal use of the word threesome.

Most people I know use 'trio' instead for obvious reasons. Steve, you've caused me to think a dirty thought now, my heart is unguarded!

Teri looks really old. Steve looks crazy. Sarah looks smug as ever. And why did Gigi need to keep Anna Marie & Lydia company? Isn't Anna Marie an adult?

Mom has very special memories of going to the zoo when Joseph, John, Anna, Jesse, and Mary were little.

I'm so confused by this sentence. Did she not take the three non reversals to the zoo? Or did she take them to the zoo and not enjoy it?

I wonder if Jesse asked the zoo employee if he knows where he's going when he dies? I'm enjoying the mental image of the guy telling the tarantula just where to sink his fangs...[emoji1]

I'll bet the Maxwells think they know where he's going when he dies, since he's wearing sinful, sinful shorts!

Archived