IGNORED

Mary Maxwell graduates (aka 30 years of homeschooling)

HoneyBunny

I think that the reason it was so hard to get the 20something people together for a day trip (something none of us would possibly know about) has nothing to do with their work schedules. It's all about their daily schedules, Planned months in advance that they cannot bear to change. If it's been scheduled that Melanie was going to Sams that day and Terie was scheduled to clean the bath tubs, then by golly how are they supposed to just change that? It's on the damn schedule. It must be done!!!

Love this comment also!! I didn't get the scheduling thing.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had no idea Elissa was so short! That terribly unflattering skirt sure isn't helping matters. She's slim, cute, and young, and she's going around in a skirt made for a woman at least six inches taller than her. But we all know that she would go SOMEWHERE ELSE when she dies if she were to wear jeans or capris.

I caught that as well. It's so weird that Sarah excluded herself from the "special memories." She really is getting more and more emotionally distant. It's heartbreaking.

As to Teri looking older, I suspect it's the cumulative result of genetics, living with Steve, and all those fasts recently. Dropping weight quickly (especially if dehydration is a factor) would leave anyone looking haggard.

Well, before the reversals, Teri had severe depression. Maybe the memories from before them aren't so great.

Poor Ruthanne is always wearing white tights. And it appears that she isn't wearing shoes in one of the photos. At least Joshua isn't wearing overalls. But it appears that he is dressed to match his father. I understand wearing a hat for sun protection, but that hat looks terrible on poor Joshua. Why is Steve wearing a sports coat to a zoo? I have never seen anyone wearing a sports coat at a zoo. One should not wear business causal to a zoo period. Am I the only one who thinks that Melanie looks like she is expecting? Look at the photo with her and Jesse. Why are most of the girls wearing denim skirts? Maxi skirts are in-style.

I caught that as well. It's so weird that Sarah excluded herself from the "special memories." She really is getting more and more emotionally distant. It's heartbreaking.

As to Teri looking older, I suspect it's the cumulative result of genetics, living with Steve, and all those fasts recently. Dropping weight quickly (especially if dehydration is a factor) would leave anyone looking haggard.

Sarah is completely removed from the world around her. She's been so trained to think and do and be one very specific thing that she has no concept of self. None. Anything she likes or feels is explained away with a bible verse. Anything that makes her smile is about someone else to prove her servants heart. There is not actually any Sarah Maxwell in existence. There is merely a living, breathing creation of her father's insecurities and her mother's mental evacuation.

If Teri had such fond memories of the zoo, then she should have gotten in the car and taken her grandchildren herself. I can't stand inept women. She has money, a car, and two legs. There is no reason that she couldn't have done it without an entire brigade to go along with her. Shame on her for showing her daughters such a helpless attitude.

Poor Ruthanne is always wearing white tights. And it appears that she isn't wearing shoes in one of the photos. At least Joshua isn't wearing overalls. But it appears that he is dressed to match his father. I understand wearing a hat for sun protection, but that hat looks terrible on poor Joshua. Why is Steve wearing a sports coat to a zoo? I have never seen anyone wearing a sports coat at a zoo. One should not wear business causal to a zoo period. Am I the only one who thinks that Melanie looks like she is expecting? Look at the photo with her and Jesse. Why are most of the girls wearing denim skirts? Maxi skirts are in-style.

I think the white tight thing is bizarre- every single photo- white tights and no shoes. And those awful hats on both kids. NR-Anna is really homespun and super sheltered, isn't she? The contrast between her kids and Melanie's is huge- giant bibs, sun hats, thick tights, while the ABCs have cute ruffly skirts and colorful, normal little girl shoes and tops.

So John is back from Anonymous Countrystan. And looking a bit pudged.

I feel bad. I feel Maxwell face blind. Anna and Sarah look the same to me and I couldn't pick out the individuals from a pack even though I could identify a pack of maxwells. they all just look so crazed happy. Is this what they think happy photos look like????

It could have been before his trip to timbukto

It was, they posted a teaser shot of him at the zoo with Christina before he left. Gotta dribble out the precious information about doings in Maxhell in tiny portions to keep the fans checking back in......

I feel bad. I feel Maxwell face blind. Anna and Sarah look the same to me and I couldn't pick out the individuals from a pack even though I could identify a pack of maxwells. they all just look so crazed happy. Is this what they think happy photos look like????

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't tell them apart... but I'm pretty face blind in general. I usually tell people apart by stuff like their hair, tattoos, the types of clothes they like to wear, or their voice. The Maxwells look all alike. They're like the Borg, or the little green/gray aliens.

And of course those are happy photos! Look at how happy they are. They're smiling so much you can see their teeth and gums :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't tell them apart... but I'm pretty face blind in general. I usually tell people apart by stuff like their hair, tattoos, the types of clothes they like to wear, or their voice. The Maxwells look all alike. They're like the Borg, or the little green/gray aliens.

And of course those are happy photos! Look at how happy they are. They're smiling so much you can see their teeth and gums :D

The one of just the man holding up a child..Christina? Maybe. She looks squinty and unhappy. His smile there is unsettling to me

Melanie is looking great. I agree that she looks like she could be pregnant again - that would be super quick for her.

Has anyone else noticed that Abigail seems to have been relegated to ankle length skirts recently? She used to wear knee length skirts like her sisters, but the last few months her skirts have always been long like those of the adult Maxwell ladies. She's what, 8? So sad.

I used to have trouble telling Sarah and Anna apart, because they DO look a lot alike. What helps me is that Anna has darker ash brown hair, and Sarah's is lighter with golden tones.

I think it's sensible to have kids wear hats, and the larger the better. But then, I live in a country with a very hot sun and a high rate of skin cancer, so everyone wears huge hats. I don't like the white tights on Ruthie, but if she's not walking yet, she doesn't need shoes. Or perhaps she kicks them off.

I think Melanie looks exhausted, and pregnant. But I hope she isn't.

I can never tell Sarah and Anna apart either.

I used to have trouble telling Sarah and Anna apart, because they DO look a lot alike. What helps me is that Anna has darker ash brown hair, and Sarah's is lighter with golden tones.

Anna has more gums...or smaller teeth..

The hats on Joshua and Ruthanne are ugly,IMO. Poor Ruthanne, one side photo with Christopher and shoved in the back in her stroller while her cousins get their pictures taken.

To me brown is brown.

When I say I tell people apart by their hair I mean stuff like "there's the guy with the red mohawk" and "there's the guy in the goth club with long blonde hair instead of black hair" :lol:

To me brown is brown.

When I say I tell people apart by their hair I mean stuff like "there's the guy with the red mohawk" and "there's the guy in the goth club with long blonde hair instead of black hair" :lol:

Everyone always recognizes me on my gray mohawk....and my hot pink compression stockings..

I've never been to the Omaha zoo, but I have been to the KC zoo. Wonder why they didn't go there instead. Seriously what is with 20 schedules? All Ruthie, Drew, and Lydia do is sleep, eat, shit, repeat. Bethany, Joshua, and Tina just play all day. Mary is done with school now and Teri is done teaching, what pressing engagements do she, Anna, Sarah, and Elissa have, its not like they work outside the home and have friends or are courting. I'm sure ceiling fan cleaning can be skipped a few days. NR Anna isn't homeschooling, just taking care of her kids, maybe Ruthie and Lydia have baby checkups. The only ones with anything to do is Melanie homeschooling Abby, Steve writing his Gag Corner, and the boys doing whatever they do for Steve.

To the bold. Sadly I doubt that. They probably have 2 1/2hour blocks a day scheduled for play. The rest is scheduled for chores, daddy-tapes, listening to someone read the bible, and sitting quietly on blankets

Melanie is looking great. I agree that she looks like she could be pregnant again - that would be super quick for her.

Has anyone else noticed that Abigail seems to have been relegated to ankle length skirts recently? She used to wear knee length skirts like her sisters, but the last few months her skirts have always been long like those of the adult Maxwell ladies. She's what, 8? So sad.

No, she's 6. 6 - 4 - 2 - baby, they are 2 years apart...

The one of just the man holding up a child..Christina? Maybe. She looks squinty and unhappy. His smile there is unsettling to me

I think you're referring to the one of John holding up Christina. Christina has a very unusual smile, and her eyes always look squinty.

I believe she has some vision issues. I have never seen a picture of her where her eyes and smile don't look suspect.

I think the Maxwells do get medical treatment for their children (thankfully), so hopefully this (if it's the case) is being attended to.

Their middle daughter, Bethany is particularly beautiful. I can't help but think she'll grow up to be a gorgeous woman (who probably lives in isolation with her siblings :cry: ).

If some members of the family lived out of town and Teri didn't see them often, then a family get-together at the zoo would be a fun way to celebrate her retirement. However, since she sees them constantly, an activity with just her husband or a close friend, or even by herself, might have been more fun. A romantic dinner at an expensive restaurant would have been a nice way for Steve to thank her. Or, (and this is my favorite) a day at the spa with a massage, facial, mani/pedi, etc., would be nice as well. Just whatever personal activity she likes. However, at this point, she probably doesn't even know what she likes, since she is not allowed to have independent thought and exposure to different things is limited and sinful.

Archived