IGNORED

Anna Marie Maxwell baby watch Lydia is here

SPHASH

The kid's doomed.

I don't know where they're getting that. I looked it up, that's not the Greek for travail or hard work.

Actually, I generally wonder where fundies find name meanings because it seems they make shit up.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope Melanie & Nathan were hope they were ok w/ the name.

I hope so too. It was so vague the way Christopher wrote about Lydia's middle name, I still don't know if they meant to honor Susannah or not. It was kind of weird how he wrote the name goes so well with Lydia, and, oh, by the way, the same name as her late cousin.

I guess all the Maxwells are great writers. :roll:

Pretty sure I won't ever want kids, but I have always loved the name Lydia (as a kid, I LOVED Beetlejuice AND The Great Mouse Detective) and if I should change my mind one day and have a daughter, Lydia is going to be her name. I am jealous she stole my name, but I am sure I will get through it as I remember I have no bundle of dependency sucking away at my spirit. ;)

It is sad that thinking about the life this little Lydia will have :(

There was a Lydia in The Great Mouse Detective? I recall an Olivia, but not a Lydia.

Regardless, it seems NR Anna and Chris are rather fertile. I can't recall their ages, but hope they don't end up with a dozen or more children. :(

There was a Lydia in The Great Mouse Detective? I recall an Olivia, but not a Lydia.

Regardless, it seems NR Anna and Chris are rather fertile. I can't recall their ages, but hope they don't end up with a dozen or more children. :(

NR Anna is only in her late 20's, so probably at least a dozen :(

NR Anna is only in her late 20's, so probably at least a dozen :(

She's 29 this year (not sure of her exact birthdate). Her fertility is hard to peg down. It took almost a year to conceive Joshua and then another year to conceive Ruthanne. But it only took a few months to conceive Lydia. We'll see how long it takes her to get pregnant this time. If she's pregnant again this summer, yeah, she'll probably have about a dozen.

Seeing that picture of Sarah holding Lydia made me reallly sad for her. She was brought up to believe her only purpose in life is to be a helpmeet and mother, but thanks to her asshole father she may never get that opportunity. Fuck you Steve!

Ha, I just googled it and you are right! I was around 3-4 during my obsession with both movies, and I guess I just decided both were Lydias.

I love the name Lydia! I tried to get my husband to go with it for this baby if it's a girl, but we're going with Naomi instead. Joy was one of the middle names we tossed around, but decided on something else.

Seeing that picture of Sarah holding Lydia made me reallly sad for her. She was brought up to believe her only purpose in life is to be a helpmeet and mother, but thanks to her asshole father she may never get that opportunity. Fuck you Steve!

I agree, but OTOH, I honestly don't know which is worse: An eternal childhood in Maxhell on the one hand, or having eleventy children with an extremist headship on the other. It's a pick your poison situation, really.

I don't know where they're getting that. I looked it up, that's not the Greek for travail or hard work.

Actually, I generally wonder where fundies find name meanings because it seems they make shit up.

I am glad you looked that up--I also read the blog post and thought "um, I don't think that is what Lydia means. Lydia just means "Woman from Lydia'."

Why can't the just say she's named after a Biblical Woman who worked (outside the home!! :lol: ) & was one of Paul's early converts??

I don't know where Fundies get their bullshit name meanings. For folks who believe in "traditional" schooling & old-fashioned ways, they sure do have a strong disregard for actual Latin or Greek.

The Bateseses seem to be especially bad about having total bullshit name meanings for their kids.

And it isn't like there aren't FREE Bible/greek websites where they can look these things up. Such as: http://biblehub.com/greek/2041.htm [Work = Ergon]

http://biblehub.com/greek/5604.htm [Travail, or Birth Pangs= Odeen]

Steve-O, I hope you are reading this. Don't make me school you on Biblical knowledge.

I like the name Lydia, but two come to mind. Lydia of Purple (of the famously untypable web address) and Lydia Lunch. I'd love it if the new babe turned out like the latter...

And then there's Lydia, the Titus 2 Lady (homeliving.blogspot.com) I would not wish that fate on anyone.

I like the name Lydia, but I keep thinking of Groucho Marx singing, "Lydia, The Tattooed Lady".

I'm still holding out for Lydia Lunch as the new kid's role model, especially since Ms. Lunch's band was Teenage Jesus and the Jerks.

I am glad you looked that up--I also read the blog post and thought "um, I don't think that is what Lydia means. Lydia just means "Woman from Lydia'."

Why can't the just say she's named after a Biblical Woman who worked (outside the home!! :lol: ) & was one of Paul's early converts??

I don't know where Fundies get their bullshit name meanings. For folks who believe in "traditional" schooling & old-fashioned ways, they sure do have a strong disregard for actual Latin or Greek.

The Bateseses seem to be especially bad about having total bullshit name meanings for their kids.

And it isn't like there aren't FREE Bible/greek websites where they can look these things up. Such as: http://biblehub.com/greek/2041.htm [Work = Ergon]

http://biblehub.com/greek/5604.htm [Travail, or Birth Pangs= Odeen]

Steve-O, I hope you are reading this. Don't make me school you on Biblical knowledge.

Yeah, the Bateses name meanings especially annoy me. Stop pretending you aren't making shit up!

It seems to be totally lost on the Maxwells that the Biblical Lydia was a merchant, i.e. she worked outside the home at a career. She was also an evangelist, meaning she spread the Good News to audiences of men and women. None of this "Titus2 woman" bullshit for her.

They read and read, and still understand NOTHING.

They read and read, and still understand NOTHING.

They don't read, they WRITE!

I like the name Lydia, but I keep thinking of Groucho Marx singing, "Lydia, The Tattooed Lady".

That's the ringtone from Breaking Bad! That's what I was singing at hearing the name, too, and then I read this and realized that song has a name :lol:

I'm disappointed I left a loving comment from myself ( marge) and my husband( homer) Simpson. It's been shortened to the s family! Why? Sad face

I'm disappointed I left a loving comment from myself ( marge) and my husband( homer) Simpson. It's been shortened to the s family! Why? Sad face

Do you suppose Steve actually KNOWS about The Simpsons?! Pretty bad track record for one who's supposed to be in this world but not of it!

Speaking of the world, count me among those who have had "Lydia The Tattooed Lady" as an ear worm since the announcement. Not a bad thing, oh ho ho, oh ho ho.

That's funny!!!

That's funny!!!

Honey, that's *gone*!!! There's no "S family" comment that I could find.

Hey, Steve! :penguin-no: How's the weather in Leavenworth?

Archived