IGNORED

Anna Marie Maxwell baby watch Lydia is here

SPHASH

I know I'm in the minority but I hate all photography trends. Stupid frames on the beach, stupid hands making hearts on pregnant bellies, stupid cowboy boots swinging over a fence, stupid bare feet lined up in a row, stupid people sitting or lying on highways. HATE. Unless it's a picture of YOUR FACE, I don't want to see it.

I also do not understand the pictures of everyone from behind, a family walking away, pics of kids from the back sitting on the ground. Do not understand it. Why do you want a pic of someone from the back?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, you guys weren't kidding. Chris Maxwell is a terrible photographer.

The lumpy swaddling that looks like a cheesecloth filled with tennis balls? The hairy, pasty arms? The creeper, leaning-in face in the family photos? Blech, awful.

Anna Marie is very photogenic. She looks really angelic. It's quite the contrast, next to her husband.

Firstly, I am jealous of the head of hair on that kid. My kids were all bald till they were one. Secondly, she is.... just a normal fresh out of the oven baby. I do love that yawning picture though

I also do not understand the pictures of everyone from behind, a family walking away, pics of kids from the back sitting on the ground. Do not understand it. Why do you want a pic of someone from the back?

Yes! And on top of that it is a very unflattering way to pose most people. I don't get all the kissing pictures either. It seems like all the people on my FB feed have a picture of the couple kissing while the kids look on.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
A cousin's daughter has become a "photographer" this month and her pictures are soooooo bad. And now I have my cousin sending me messages wanting me to hire her daughter to come take pictures of my kids. Nope. I'll just stick to the school pictures. This is the second relative who grabbed a camera and decided they were a photographer. :angry-banghead:

I hate baby photography where the baby's head is propped up on their hands. It looks so uncomfortable!

I hate baby photography where the baby's head is propped up on their hands. It looks so uncomfortable!

I know! Her little arm is turning purple, for christ's sake.

I am one of those people who goes AWWWWWWW!!! over babies. They're just so little and cute! But I am in agreement with those who prefer natural, everyday, at-home baby photos over posed, trendy shots.

Lydia is cute in the sense that she's a squishy little newborn, but she's not particularly pretty, as babies go. Her hair, though! My 7-month-old has less than half that amount.

I think Ruthanne is adorable. It seems like yesterday that she was the tiny baby in the family.

And yes, I too hate typical newborn photos. They're so artificial and detract from the beauty of the baby.

The mummy wrap is great! What better way to introduce young Lydia to the stifling, enveloping, living death that is Maxhell?

Re: the first photo—is it a thing to have the parents' hands resting on the baby? At first I almost thought it looked like they were doing CPR compressions. :?

Re: the first photo—is it a thing to have the parents' hands resting on the baby? At first I almost thought it looked like they were doing CPR compressions. :?

It's a weird, poorly composed way of trying to show off the parents' wedding rings. You know, because babies can only be made if two people are married.

It's a weird, poorly composed way of trying to show off the parents' wedding rings. You know, because babies can only be made if two people are married.

Looks down, looks at hands, checks again, crap! That is one massive food baby then as I'm not married and have been gestating for the past 6 months....! Pssst, don't tell the soon-to-be big brother :shhh:

In conclusion: Sod of Fundies!

(Now I'm tempted to take a picture once my baby is born with mine and the fathers "naked" hands and send it to the Maxwells)

I am also indifferent to newborns. They are just soooo boring (you know, if you aren't the one caring for them) and they usually look like aliens. I can't look at their eyes, there is something weird and confusing, like they know shit. When my niece was born the only thing she was good for was dressing up and taking photos. So, I think I get the whole photo session thing. What else do you do with that tiny bundle of dependency? Now, my niece is a kick-ass three year old obsessed with becoming a "good ninja" when she is older. She just gets better with age, I guess they all do...and that's really awesome.

I do not think NR Anna and what's-his name's kids are that cute, they aren't hideous, just eh... Melanie and the other what's-his-name's girls are super adorable.

I am also indifferent to newborns. They are just soooo boring (you know, if you aren't the one caring for them) and they usually look like aliens. I can't look at their eyes, there is something weird and confusing, like they know shit. When my niece was born the only thing she was good for was dressing up and taking photos. So, I think I get the whole photo session thing. What else do you do with that tiny bundle of dependency? Now, my niece is a kick-ass three year old obsessed with becoming a "good ninja" when she is older. She just gets better with age, I guess they all do...and that's really awesome.

I do not think NR Anna and what's-his name's kids are that cute, they aren't hideous, just eh... Melanie and the other what's-his-name's girls are super adorable.

ninja? :D

post-10046-14452000111443_thumb.jpg

ita most of the staged pics are dumb but these are so cute. buzzfeed.com/melissaharrison/gloriously-geeky-newborns

An art teacher at my daughter's former HS (and mine) was killed a couple of years ago while taking train pictures on the tracks- Yep, squashed.

That is horrible :(

Stories like these make me realize how lucky my friends and I were. We would cross the railroad tracks to get to some trees we would chill under, and we would also stand around the tracks. Sometimes we'd try to pull out loose railroad spikes. We were really bored kids, heh. A couple times we crossed a railroad bridge. Stopped that after we had to speed up because a train was coming... We were SO lucky.

"And clearly their new marketing strategy is their name...all blig titles now include the Maxwell name. No one visiting their blog needs ro be told the're Maxwells, bur good Christian Googlers need that extra push to show up at their plACE. Nothing they ever do is subtle. Also, I think Steve has an idol problem.". -sorry I'm not good at the quote thing so the original poster's name isn't attached.

But this is so true. It is all about The Maxwells. Which is another reason the girls will never marry. Not only could Steve not stand for another man to have 'authority' over his daughters, he could not handle them having another last name.

I think he would hate for a blog post to read: The Maxwells, 'Smiths', 'Millers' and 'Browns' spent family time at the zoo. No, it can only be 'The Maxwells'.

My friends and I would only ever play on train tracks that we knew for absolute certainty were never used anymore. There were actually quite a few of those around, because trains got less popular than trucks eventually and no one tore down the old tracks.

My absolute favorite picture of our son was actually taken by a hospital nurse with a disposable camera. I was sitting in a rocker holding him with my hand on his chest, and my husband was kneeling next to me with his arm around me. It was just a quick pose, but darned if it didn't turn out fantastic. All three of us looked great, relaxed and happy - even my hair looked really good.

It's true that sometimes the very best photos are the non professional ones.

Neither of them seem gummy in person but they do photograph that way.

All of the she-Maxwells seem gummy to me, which I do find unattractive. I don't judge people on any aspect of appearance; however, I know lots of people do judge on looks. Since the girls are (allegedly) on the marriage market, I wonder why they don't tone down the gummy smiles to match their in-person looks (Treemom: were you the one who said, many moons ago, that they're more attractive in person?) Is it that the gummy smile is not considered a bad look, it's just something that I personally find unappealing? It's always confused me. Like, that robot smile is showing off the one thing that is (currently) unappealing about their looks.

To me, both Ruthie and Joshua look like their mother, not their father. Seriously, take a look at their eyes. I think they are both garden variety cute. Sure, if you compare them to the ABCs, who are stunning, they may come up short, but they are still cute kids on their own.

I..I think I may actually be jealous of Baby Lydia's hair. That is a fine head of hair. :D

All of the she-Maxwells seem gummy to me, which I do find unattractive. I don't judge people on any aspect of appearance; however, I know lots of people do judge on looks. Since the girls are (allegedly) on the marriage market, I wonder why they don't tone down the gummy smiles to match their in-person looks (Treemom: were you the one who said, many moons ago, that they're more attractive in person?) Is it that the gummy smile is not considered a bad look, it's just something that I personally find unappealing? It's always confused me. Like, that robot smile is showing off the one thing that is (currently) unappealing about their looks.

I think everyone who has met the Maxwells, including me, agrees that the women are very attractive in person. They just don't photograph very well. Not everyone is photogenic and life would be very boring if everyone got cosmetic surgery to fit the dominant culture's concept of "pretty."

Mind you, I find gummy smiles rather endearing. My late mother had one. :)

All three of the girls are stunningly attractive. And Terri was very attractive. I think Terri looks horrible in pictures so I was shocked.

I think everyone who has met the Maxwells, including me, agrees that the women are very attractive in person. They just don't photograph very well. Not everyone is photogenic and life would be very boring if everyone got cosmetic surgery to fit the dominant culture's concept of "pretty."

Mind you, I find gummy smiles rather endearing. My late mother had one. :)

oh my goodness, I was in no way suggesting surgery. I don't think anyone should feel like they have to meet any kind of beauty standards. The fact that standard exist and create discrimination bothers me immensely.

I was just wondering why they didn't put effort into having more accurate photo representations, given that they're praying for husbands in a very shallow culture (they seem to buy into the idea that women need to be beautiful in a certain way, especially in terms of long hair and, in Steveland, not allowing an ounce of extra body weight.)

But, Christ on a Cracker, no one should ever feel like they need surgery to meet some beauty standard.

(I found my late husband's pock marks endearing, so I understand your opinion on gummy smiles.)

Archived