IGNORED

Anna Marie Maxwell baby watch Lydia is here

SPHASH

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot imagine Anna having labor induced. She was not really late enough for induction and a healthy woman from we know.

I just looked at the Susannah video again. I am giving them a pass on it. They all seem pretty sincere in wanting to remember her. I bet the baby was named after Susannah as tribute since the birthdays are so close. My daughter was 14 weeks early and those images are just too close to home. Whichever Maxgirl was singing wasn't so terrible. I remember that song being much worse. Maybe it was Mary?

Glad the baby is OK.

As for the name, Salex beat me to posting my first thought.

But here is the original, from At the Circus:

And here is little Virginia Weidler singing it, in The Philadelphia Story:

I do like the name, actually. But it is forever linked to the song, for me.

Ooh, Lydia is a beautiful name. I'm surprised. They have very good taste in names (at least so far).

I cannot imagine Anna having labor induced. She was not really late enough for induction and a healthy woman from we know.

I just looked at the Susannah video again. I am giving them a pass on it. They all seem pretty sincere in wanting to remember her. I bet the baby was named after Susannah as tribute since the birthdays are so close. My daughter was 14 weeks early and those images are just too close to home. Whichever Maxgirl was singing wasn't so terrible. I remember that song being much worse. Maybe it was Mary?

I believe the original was Jesse howling away, and I think the more modern version is Anna singing. It's an improvement, for sure. I just remember that Jesse was credited with writing the song. And really, he had to whip that song out in a matter of a few days so I was willing to give them all a pass on that one. I'm glad they rerecorded it.

I might be crazy but i'm so annoyed at the segregation of babies into colors (pink and blue), other than that the name is lovely and I like that they honored Susannah.

I might be crazy but i'm so annoyed at the segregation of babies into colors (pink and blue), other than that the name is lovely and I like that they honored Susannah.

Pink for girls and blue for boys is such a recent invention. The powers-that-be who market stuff to parents have taken it to an insane level in recent years.

Not a big Maxwell follower (they sound SO SCARY though) but I try to keep up with new baby threads. I like the name Lydia if only because the character I'm most familiar with with that name is Lydia Deetz of Beetlejuice fame, who is awesome. I hope this little one grows up to be like her :D

Also, this is my favourite version of the Lydia the Tattooed Lady song!

[bBvideo 560,340:290y9vxa]

[/bBvideo]

....sadly from what I've read about this creepy family little Lydia will never know of Beetlejuice or the Muppets :(

I'm glad it's a girl. If the ABC girls and RuthAnne have to be captive daughters for the rest of their lives, atleast they will have cousins and sisters a plenty to talk to.

I'm starting to feel even more sorry for little Joshua. Not only is he the eldest and only son of Crazy Christopher, his only male cousin is too young for him to ever really bond with growing up. He'll just become a mini-Christopher. Ugh.

He and Drew are 2 years apart. That is just at the end of the age range that if the parents don't interfere, he would be able to be great friends and playmates with his cousin.

Lydia sounds pagan to me. Even if it is in the Bible, it just makes me think of Hellenic culture.

I really hope Nathan and Melanie are okay with Christopher and Anna using Joy as a middle name. I'm sure it's done in honor of Susannah, but even still.

Lydia is a pagan Greco-Roman name, and the biblical Lydia was a Gentile convert.

Susannah was here for only 3 days. It's sad that this baby was born on one of them. The joy of her birthday every year will be marked with the sadness of Susannah's loss. It's going to be hard for Nat and Mel.

Susannah was here for only 3 days. It's sad that this baby was born on one of them. The joy of her birthday every year will be marked with the sadness of Susannah's loss. It's going to be hard for Nat and Mel.

Don't be silly. Maxwells don't celebrate or know joy.

Don't be silly. Maxwells don't celebrate or know joy.

Ironic since her middle name is Joy.

I'm glad it's a girl. If the ABC girls and RuthAnne have to be captive daughters for the rest of their lives, atleast they will have cousins and sisters a plenty to talk to.

Agree!

I love the name and hope Anna and baby Lydia are both doing well.

I think it's hilarious that FJ has discovered the name when Steve clearly wanted his average reader to be left in suspense about it. I find that rather exploitive, actually; that he'd use the birth of a grandchild as a cliff hanger to draw readers to his blog. He's so arrogant in his efforts to keep his readers guessing. He continues to look for ways to have a "Who Shot JR?" moment as often as he can. It's so strange and I've never seen a blogger play up the suspense like that.

How did FJers find out her name? The blog still has just initials.

Agree!

I agree, too. Assuming Christopher and Nathan let them socialize a lot, they will always have lots of playmates.

Though, the age difference with Abby is rather large.

I like the name Lydia, it's old-fashioned without being out of date or anything. And I have a great-niece named Lydia, so I'm slightly partial to it. :)

How did FJers find out her name? The blog still has just initials.

I believe it was in an email sent out to those who had signed up for the fast. FJ has infiltrated Steve's secret club once again.

Over time, if they allow it, they can embrace joy and let the sadness ease up. My baby was supposed to be born on Christmas Eve--and after her loss (premature) I was more or less convinced I'd never be able to celebrate Christmas again. Today, many years later, there is an awareness, but I can see those who would have been her same age cousins and not feel deep sadness. I occasionally think "she'd be doing xyz this year" but I dont' go out of my way to mark when the day she was born/ died was or when the actual due date was. I am usually aware of it sometime that day, but I don't usually do anything special.

I may be cold hearted, or unemotional, but I also let scar tissue grow and don't pull off the scab to keep things fresh.

I believe it was in an email sent out to those who had signed up for the fast. FJ has infiltrated Steve's secret club once again.

Then Steve is just dumb. He knows that there are FJers that are signed up for Maxwellian email.

In baby news, I like the name Lydia. I hope that Mama and Baby are doing well.

Archived