IGNORED

Anna Marie Maxwell baby watch Lydia is here

SPHASH

I know I'm in the minority but I hate all photography trends. Stupid frames on the beach, stupid hands making hearts on pregnant bellies, stupid cowboy boots swinging over a fence, stupid bare feet lined up in a row, stupid people sitting or lying on highways. HATE. Unless it's a picture of YOUR FACE, I don't want to see it.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too am sick of "Pinterest" pictures as I call them. Stupid poses, hands made into hearts. At least the Maxwells don't suck down each other's faces. Blech.....

Now, could someone explain this: "This is our standard Christopher Maxwell family baby photo, but it’s interestingly hard to get.

I'm probably in the minority here but I am completely, totally, 100% creeped out in the extreme by newborn photography. Aside from never thinking that the infants are particularly cute (scrunched up faces only a mother could love?), I always feel like I'm looking at photos of dead kids, especially when they're wrapped in those shroud things. Personally, it's a trend that I sincerely hope passes sooner rather than later.

That aside, I don't think Christopher and NR Anna produce particularly good looking kids. YMMV.

I completely agree, on all counts. I actually kind of loathe newborn photography.

And clearly their new marketing strategy is their name...all blig titles now include the Maxwell name. No one visiting their blog needs ro be told the're Maxwells, bur good Christian Googlers need that extra push to show up at their plACE. Nothing they ever do is subtle. Also, I think Steve has an idol problem.

I too am sick of "Pinterest" pictures as I call them. Stupid poses, hands made into hearts. At least the Maxwells don't suck down each other's faces. Blech.....

Now, could someone explain this: "This is our standard Christopher Maxwell family baby photo, but it’s interestingly hard to get.

I thought the "interestingly hard to get" line was funny. Maybe " but it's actually a hard pose to capture?"

:shrug:

The one that always gets me is the photographs of the (usually couple) playing on the train tracks. Waay overdone, not to mention dangerous as hell.

I thought the "interestingly hard to get" line was funny. Maybe " but it's actually a hard pose to capture?"

:shrug:

To me, the "standard CM photo" was of the baby sleeping securely in her father's hands. (slam us over the head with patriarchy some more, whydon'tcha?) Never let it be forgot that the father is the important one, even if his head isn't showing.

I imagine it is logistically difficult to pose a baby and get it to stay that way while holding it out in midair like that.

Loving Sarah's comment that "Lydia was so good!" Yeah, she's five days old, how much could she possibly get up to? These people.

I agree. Anna is pretty, but Chris's weirdo looking genetics seem to be overriding hers. Maybe they'll grow out of it as they get older.

I am reminded of what LLL Founding Mother Mary White once said about "good babies", "All babies are good; some are just easier to live with".

A few babies are too easy and undemanding for their own good.

ETA: That gauzy thing they got baby Lydia wrapped in looks scratchy as hell!

Loving Sarah's comment that "Lydia was so good!" Yeah, she's five days old, how much could she possibly get up to? These people.

I agree. Anna is pretty, but Chris's weirdo looking genetics seem to be overriding hers. Maybe they'll grow out of it as they get older.

I am a horrible person, but I've always thought that all three of the "non-reversal" Maxwell childults were the more homely of the eight. Nathan and Christopher are by far the least attractive males, and while I do believe that Sarah is very pretty, I find Anna and Mary to be much prettier. It's just something I have always found weird.

On topic: I think Christopher and Anna's kids are pretty cute, and I am glad that they appear to be healthy and happy.

Hey, I'm going to out-minority you all and reveal myself as the freak who doesn't find babies cute at all. It doesn't make you horrible people! I don't hate them, I'm just...indifferent. I don't seem to have the gooey maternal gene that makes me go "awww".

Guilty of AWWWing over newborns and gushing over tiny toes photos, and Lydia's hair is so cute - it looks like a baby toupee, but that white cocoon looks like a death shroud.

I'm probably in the minority here but I am completely, totally, 100% creeped out in the extreme by newborn photography. Aside from never thinking that the infants are particularly cute (scrunched up faces only a mother could love?), I always feel like I'm looking at photos of dead kids, especially when they're wrapped in those shroud things. Personally, it's a trend that I sincerely hope passes sooner rather than later.

That aside, I don't think Christopher and NR Anna produce particularly good looking kids. YMMV.

I am with you. The C-NRA kids are not cute and I don't think most babies are either.

I am a horrible person, but I've always thought that all three of the "non-reversal" Maxwell childults were the more homely of the eight. Nathan and Christopher are by far the least attractive males, and while I do believe that Sarah is very pretty, I find Anna and Mary to be much prettier. It's just something I have always found weird.

On topic: I think Christopher and Anna's kids are pretty cute, and I am glad that they appear to be healthy and happy.

Anna, like her mother Teri has too much gums....

I don't mind photography trends. It is what it is. I often see those "I bought a fancy camera and have a blog" type photographers near my house because there are artsy railroad tracks and a bridge.

Newborn photography is okay. I have seen some great ones but sadly most are meh. I like it when the babies are older and they have those bright eyes and you can just see the potential behind them.

While if someone wants the latest trendy baby photos, that is fine, I think the natural everyday shots are better. When I think back to my kids as babies/newborns I don't think of them keeping some cute hat or headband on or sitting in a bucket.

My babies got the standard newborn hospital pictures and then there are real life shots. My kids look at the pictures and say mom you look tired. Yes I was tired! or why was I sleeping in my carseat in so many pictures? because that is the only way I could get you to fall asleep for over a month.

Sometimes I do wonder should I have gotten more cute perfect pictures taken? and I don't think so based on what my kids told me.

When my kids were 6 and 2 , a friend of mine was starting her photography business and she wanted to take some pictures for free of my kids to practice. They were very pretty pictures. My son who was 6 looks at the pictures years later and says, "why was I wearing overalls". I would never wear overalls. Why was I laying on the grass and smelling flowers because he is very allergic now. He also said, my sister never wore a big dress or headband, why doesn't it look like her in the pictures. Then my son notices the pictures were taken at a park we used to go to. He said why did you take these fake pictures instead of taking pictures of me of the playground.

The one that always gets me is the photographs of the (usually couple) playing on the train tracks. Waay overdone, not to mention dangerous as hell.

An art teacher at my daughter's former HS (and mine) was killed a couple of years ago while taking train pictures on the tracks- Yep, squashed.

I don't mind photography trends. It is what it is. I often see those "I bought a fancy camera and have a blog" type photographers near my house because there are artsy railroad tracks and a bridge.

Newborn photography is okay. I have seen some great ones but sadly most are meh. I like it when the babies are older and they have those bright eyes and you can just see the potential behind them.

Too bad that in Maxwell-land that bright-eyed potential is stifled instead of cultivated and nourished and grown.

Too bad that in Maxwell-land that bright-eyed potential is stifled instead of cultivated and nourished and grown.

That is true.

I was going to add similar to my original post but then it depressed me so I left it off.

It makes me sad that none of them, the boys or the girls, will get to dream about fantastic things or see the world for what it really is which is a beautiful and enriching place.

An art teacher at my daughter's former HS (and mine) was killed a couple of years ago while taking train pictures on the tracks- Yep, squashed.

How awful. I grew up in a state with a large amount of train tracks for transporting agricultural goods, and they drilled it into us how dangerous trains could be from a very young age. I'm still very wary and nervous around trains and train tracks for that very reason. It just makes me wince to see photographs taken on them.

Dear God that is awful!

Train tracks associate with hobos to me, or remind me of things i read in Corrie ten Boom's books, or kids that grew up in poverty on the wrong side and have no hope. Tracks are just lonely and desolate and not warm or a "place", just a random spot on a never ending track used to haul coal that is special to no one. :roll: But i don't get the photos with peeling concrete, run down buildings, old water towers, etc. either. I'm from the midwest where that stuff is just sad. Dying towns aren't romantic or picturesque imo. I guess some people like that though. :shrug:

---

Although I dutifully proclaim them all beautiful, I don't think new-born infants are particularly attractive. And people gushing that they look like Mom, Dad, or Grandma leave me utterly befuddled. What? They look like a cross between a wrinkled prune and Alfred Hitchcock!

Luckily it doesn't take long for all babies to grow out of that stage and I can honestly say they are beautiful. The Maxwell kiddies included. :lol:

:laughing-rolling: :clap: :clap: :clap:

that's great

Lydia has great hair.

The mummy photo is horrifying on so many levels.

The family portrait is nice. NR-Anna looks happy.

The fact that 4 out of the 5 photos posted do not include NR-Anna but DO include Christopher pisses me off. She did all the work. Christopher had a nano-second of pleasure as his contribution. What a blockhead.

I am so defrauded by Chris's hairy arms. :shock: The picture would look much better if he wore a long sleeved black tshirt. All those photo's and only 1 shot of Anna..... :roll:

The only posed baby photos I have ever liked are Annes Geddes and then only in book or calendars.

As for baby-cuteness, never could see any family member in any new-born I've ever come across and most have to grow into their looks (my own included!) :lol:

Archived