IGNORED

Anna Marie Maxwell baby watch Lydia is here

SPHASH

They did not share a diagnosis if they were given one. Steve did say something nebulous that the docs didn't know. My guess is they had their suspicions of trisomy. She had been active in the womb but then completely inactive after birth, and her features (in particular, her ears) look trisomy (not sure which one) to me. She also had a heart problem or problem with her esophagus they knew about before she was born. They would have known for sure if Melanie had had an amnio, but my guess is she didn't. And really, what do you stand to gain by knowing that other than just to be prepared emotionally? Tough decisions to make, for sure.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She's in labour today as per an email sent out to participants of the fast.

Oh really? How convenient.

Wonder why they aren't announcing on the blog. They usually post asking for prayers. Very odd.

Wonder why they aren't announcing on the blog. They usually post asking for prayers. Very odd.

I think everything changed the day they posted Joe was wed.

Perhaps, but it still seems strange. Just so out of.character for their usual "we need prayers for every tiny part of our lives" schtick.

Though it was also strange they didn't mention Teri's dad's and Steve's mother's deaths, so....

Before that. Months before. They manifested the shift to tighter information control with the deaths of Steve's mother and Terri's father.

I think they delayed announcing the new arrival until after the fast to prove that fasting works.

Baby is here - info from another email.

Her name is Lydia Joy and she arrived this evening at 5:30.

That's all I got :D

Joy was Susannah's middle name....

I like Lydia, but it is a ver old fashioned sounding name. Of course so is Ruthanne, though the two names don't go together.

I like the name Lydia, but two come to mind. Lydia of Purple (of the famously untypable web address) and Lydia Lunch. I'd love it if the new babe turned out like the latter...

I like the name Lydia, but two come to mind. Lydia of Purple (of the famously untypable web address) and Lydia Lunch. I'd love it if the new babe turned out like the latter...

There's a Lydia of Purple in the Bible, I assume that's Chris and Anna came up with the name.

Who is the Lydia of Purple online?

There's a Lydia of Purple in the Bible, I assume that's Chris and Anna came up with the name.

Who is the Lydia of Purple online?

The online version was seamstress who specialized in modest fundiewear (think Little House on the Prairie but even more ruffly and covered up). Her web address was something like 75 63 characters long–she basically had her entire meta description as her address. In addition to advertising her sewing business, she also advertised her marriageable daughters, including one who was "always ready." Sadly, she died and IIRC her husband remarried someone who didn't mesh very well with the children (mostly older and one daughter with Down Syndrome) and I don't think things had a happy ending.

ETA: Found the web address! Thanks Yuku! The site's no longer up though.

modestapparelchristianclothinglydiaofpurpledressescustomsewing.com

The online version was seamstress who specialized in modest fundiewear (think Little House on the Prairie but even more ruffly and covered up). Her web address was something like 75 63 characters long–she basically had her entire meta description as her address. In addition to advertising her sewing business, she also advertised her marriageable daughters, including one who was "always ready." Sadly, she died and IIRC her husband remarried someone who didn't mesh very well with the children (mostly older and one daughter with Down Syndrome) and I don't think things had a happy ending.

ETA: Found the web address! Thanks Yuku! The site's no longer up though.

modestapparelchristianclothinglydiaofpurpledressescustomsewing.com

Wow that is some web address.

Thanks for the info! Sounds like kind of a sad story.

i LOVE the name Lydia, old fashioned names are beautiful. Though it reminds me of Lydia Bennet Wickham from Pride and Prejudice, pretty darn funny if she turns out that way :lol:

[bBvideo 560,340:1up135zt]

[/bBvideo]

My mother in law used to sing this sometimes just as we went along..

But I do like the name Lydia....

Lydia sounds pagan to me. Even if it is in the Bible, it just makes me think of Hellenic culture.

I really hope Nathan and Melanie are okay with Christopher and Anna using Joy as a middle name. I'm sure it's done in honor of Susannah, but even still.

She's in labour today as per an email sent out to participants of the fast.

My cynical self says the fast was scheduled the same day she was scheduled to have labor induced.... but we will never be told of that coincidence.

My cynical self says the fast was scheduled the same day she was scheduled to have labor induced.... but we will never be told of that coincidence.

My cynical self was thinking that, too.

Way too coincidental.

I'm trying to remember the dates of Susannah's birth and death and it seems like she died on 3/24, so Lydia has just been born right in the middle of Susannah's birth and death dates. I'm sure they wanted to honor her in giving her the middle name Joy, and you can bet they asked Melanie and Nathan about it. I actually think that's pretty sweet.

Archived