IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 10

happy atheist

I think the bond that Jessa and Jinger have is amazing. I just watched tonight's episode and I kinda got teary eyed. Reminds me of my 2 girls, world's apart from the v way the Duggar girls are raised , but the same bond. It's nice to see some normalcy among that family.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is interesting to see how the older girls dressed before the TLC money came in, very simple cotton dresses. The religion and principles we have been told hasn't changed but their clothing sure has, those girls especially Jessa wear anything as tight as they can get away with hit.

I think the bond that Jessa and Jinger have is amazing. I just watched tonight's episode and I kinda got teary eyed. Reminds me of my 2 girls, world's apart from the v way the Duggar girls are raised , but the same bond. It's nice to see some normalcy among that family.

Their relationship is so adorable!

It is interesting to see how the older girls dressed before the TLC money came in, very simple cotton dresses. The religion and principles we have been told hasn't changed but their clothing sure has, those girls especially Jessa wear anything as tight as they can get away with hit.

And how much makeup they wear now too. Modesty shouldn't just be about clothing, but about drawing attention to yourself in general. I'm looking at you Jinger, with your excessive tanning :naughty:

Vanity is linked to pride one of the 7 deadly sins. Jessa oozes vanity. IMO It seems to me that there are glimpses at fashion magazines or websites.

Vanity is linked to pride one of the 7 deadly sins. Jessa oozes vanity. IMO It seems to me that there are glimpses at fashion magazines or websites.

During the wedding dress shopping episode Jessa admitted to looking at magazines and that is where she first saw a blush colored gown.

And I doubt anyone is monitoring the Internet surfing of those older kids. Where would Michelle find the time? She long ago gave up the schooling of the kids- turned it over the oldest sibs, d/t a purported lack ofinteresttime.

During the wedding dress shopping episode Jessa admitted to looking at magazines and that is where she first saw a blush colored gown.

And I doubt anyone is monitoring the Internet surfing of those older kids. Where would Michelle find the time? She long ago gave up the schooling of the kids- turned it over the oldest sibs, d/t a purported lack ofinteresttime.

I absolutely think they're all vain as fuck. In their book they just say makeup and eyeliner and stuff "help draw to their countenance" and that's why why cover blemishes. And hair = woman's glory, so it's not vanity at all, but honoring Jebus.

I absolutely think they're all vain as fuck. In their book they just say makeup and eyeliner and stuff "help draw to their countenance" and that's why why cover blemishes. And hair = woman's glory, so it's not vanity at all, but honoring Jebus.

Of course they are.

And I'll take a licking for saying this, but at this point, I think all those adult girls have loads of free time. The little kids run around like banshees, and the house gets a once over every now and again. I do not think the Duggars were ever neatnicks, as there was no time for such. Did the little boys ever get bed linens? GM M does the laundry- it's probably quieter in there than in the main part of the house. Cooking= open cans, dump, mix and bake. There is no outside work being done.

Without additional blessing, no interest in education or reading, and TV, movies and music being off limits, what else is there to do besides...well, they could all be exercising, as that's wholesome.

IMO, Duggarville is boring and DULLSville.

We interrupt our regularly schedule program to bring you the following announcement!

No, I haven't heard that Jilly delivered her little bean. :nenner:

Rather, random thoughts about the Duggars.....

• I hate when a Duggar says, "Whenever I was at the store..." instead of "When I was at the store..."
  • Anyone notice how much Josie looks like Joy? They posted a baby pic of Joy recently, and I noticed that it looked like Josie looks now.
  • Anyone feel physically ill when John David has acted like the keeper of his sisters' purity? (trying to "check out" Ben to be sure he's a hard worker, etc. Um, yeah. Have to get by John David Duggar? Shakin'.)
  • Anyone want to puke when Michelle said that she wasn't sure who was going to take over Jessa's homeschooling duties and organization "but whoever it is, they have some big shoes to fill." I wanted to say, "You about a size 9, Michelle? Because as a homeschool mom myself, it's YOUR shoes that should be the standard of measure regarding your children's education, NOT Jessa's."
  • Anyone hate when Jill says, "Sump'n"? "Uh, I mighta taken sump'n that belongs to Mom."
  • Anyone get slightly annoyed at their fake life (you know, -the one that is only real because they have a TLC bank roll, and is often scripted at that), only to realize you're also annoyed at yourself, sometimes, for taking some of your own valuable time and wasting it on Duggar "reality"?
  • Anyone think Grandma Duggar is locked up like a seahag, having to do EIGHTY loads of laundry a week for her son and his family? Okay, I know she doesn't "have" to, but she clearly DOES in their world. And I don't sense that Michelle is overly appreciative of or even fond of Grandma. Michelle gushes about Anna at times. She raves about her children's wonderful servant hearts. She can't say enough good things about her highschool friend. But pour the praise on Grandma? Rarely. :think:
  • Anyone think JB is losing footing with his rules and vision for his family? I do. I think his level of control has gone down several notches with his TLC necessitated worldly exposure, coupled with the fall of DPIAT and Goddard/ATI.
  • Anyone think JB literally only loosened the reins on his SAHDs when the Bates' actually allowed their grown children to move forward and marry? I think JB felt like holding on for as long as he could (to keep his well staffed childcare machine operating) until he felt like Gil was winning some imaginary testosterone feather-fluffing competition by getting his kids out (and the family not falling apart in the aftermath) first. A proverbial finish line, if you will.

We interrupt our regularly schedule program to bring you the following announcement!

• I hate when a Duggar says, "Whenever I was at the store..." instead of "When I was at the store..."
  • Anyone notice how much Josie looks like Joy? They posted a baby pic of Joy recently, and I noticed that it looked like Josie looks now.
  • Anyone feel physically ill when John David has acted like the keeper of his sisters' purity? (trying to "check out" Ben to be sure he's a hard worker, etc. Um, yeah. Have to get by John David Duggar? Shakin'.)
  • Anyone want to puke when Michelle said that she wasn't sure who was going to take over Jessa's homeschooling duties and organization "but whoever it is, they have some big shoes to fill." I wanted to say, "You about a size 9, Michelle? Because as a homeschool mom myself, it's YOUR shoes that should be the standard of measure regarding your children's education, NOT Jessa's."
  • Anyone hate when Jill says, "Sump'n"? "Uh, I mighta taken sump'n that belongs to Mom."
  • Anyone get slightly annoyed at their fake life (you know, -the one that is only real because they have a TLC bank roll, and is often scripted at that), only to realize you're also annoyed at yourself, sometimes, for taking some of your own valuable time and wasting it on Duggar "reality"?
  • Anyone think Grandma Duggar is locked up like a seahag, having to do EIGHTY loads of laundry a week for her son and his family? Okay, I know she doesn't "have" to, but she clearly DOES in their world. And I don't sense that Michelle is overly appreciative of or even fond of Grandma. Michelle gushes about Anna at times. She raves about her children's wonderful servant hearts. She can't say enough good things about her highschool friend. But pour the praise on Grandma? Rarely. :think:
  • Anyone think JB is losing footing with his rules and vision for his family? I do. I think his level of control has gone down several notches with his TLC necessitated worldly exposure, coupled with the fall of DPIAT and Goddard/ATI.
  • Anyone think JB literally only loosened the reins on his SAHDs when the Bates' actually allowed their grown children to move forward and marry? I think JB felt like holding on for as long as he could (to keep his well staffed childcare machine operating) until he felt like Gil was winning some imaginary testosterone feather-fluffing competition by getting his kids out (and the family not falling apart in the aftermath) first. A proverbial finish line, if you will.

I agree with all of the above except the comment about GM M and the laundry. See in my demented world, I have decided that GM M gets in that laundry room, locks the door(s), turns on all the machines to silence the din of Duggarmania (hell, maybe she even has an Ipod with Duggar approved podcasts) and basks in alone time. I think laundry duty would be a blessing if she could keep all the cretins at bay.

I'll add how much I despise the dropping of the "G" in words that end in ing- Joy, I'm looking at you.

Writin, cookin, learnin...it makes me crazy.

And as mentioned earlier, the words surreal and bittersweet need to be banned from the Duggars' (et al) vocabulary.

"Oh, you throw up after you eat? Well that's bad for you, so you should stop." I'm sure bulimics everywhere are SO THANKFUL that they finally know the solution to their problem! Thanks Dr. Jchelle!

I think she (and their publicist) seized on bulimia because nobody would dare argue with the Mother of the Year about it. It makes J-Chelle (or so she thinks) a much more sympathetic figure: "Oh, better not say anything bad about her; she has suffered! And she overcame her problem with prayer and Jim Boob!" Let's face it, she's not talking about it now because she actually wants to help someone. She's talking about it because she thinks it will get her goodwill in the press, hopefully turn into a profit center (book, speaking engagements, etcetera), and shut up the Internet Haterz.

Again, my opinion, but I think the Duggars' handlers have been digging around for anything that will present J-Chelle in a positive light. Remember the story last summer or something re: J-Chelle confessing to an "anger" problem? It is a matter of time before whatever it was they were trying to stave off by leaking that to the tabloids makes itself apparent. The leghumpers watch the show and don't question; the rest of us realize there's something very wrong at their house, and things are not as portrayed.

Didn't they say that only the parents and Jana had the internet password? Maybe as her secret form of revenge Jana gave the password to everyone and boobchelle are just too self involved to notice.

Didn't they say that only the parents and Jana had the internet password? Maybe as her secret form of revenge Jana gave the password to everyone and boobchelle are just too self involved to notice.[/quote]

Yes, yes they are!

• [*]I hate when a Duggar says, "Whenever I was at the store..." instead of "When I was at the store..."

This one doesn't bother me as much now that I'm aware that it's a regional expression. I was shocked one day to hear some expert on something being interviewed on CNN use the same expression (sorry I don't remember who he was now because I wasn't paying a bit of attention to him until I caught the "whenever" thing). But this guy was clearly an educated man being interviewed for his opinion in some area of expertise using the same colloquialism the Duggars use to often. So it still jars my ears a bit but I'm not like "Gaahhh... learn proper grammar!" like I used to be when I heard it.

We're talking about this on another thread, but can't remember which one.

That's an older (I'll check the dates here in a minute) picture nst found from a People interview where Jessa unequivocally denied being pregnant, and somebody here commented that they dropped there hands when they realized what it looked like. There is a more recent interview, however, where she was asked point blank if she's pregnant and she gave a nonanswer.

found it: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25035&p=894674&hilit=people+interview#p894674

That's an older (I'll check the dates here in a minute) picture nst found from a People interview where Jessa unequivocally denied being pregnant, and somebody here commented that they dropped there hands when they realized what it looked like. There is a more recent interview, however, where she was asked point blank if she's pregnant and she gave a nonanswer.

found it: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25035&p=894674&hilit=people+interview#p894674

Agreed. She never actually said she's not pregnant. Many women don't announce their pregnancy until after the 12 week mark, where the chance of miscarriage drops significantly.

Agreed. She never actually said she's not pregnant. Many women don't announce their pregnancy until after the 12 week mark, where the chance of miscarriage drops significantly.

Yeah, and I agree with comments that announcing before her TV wedding wouldn't look right. Also that maybe they do want to wait until Ben's 20.

Also, :doh: @me for my they're/there/their typo. I really do know the difference between them! :embarrassed:

I didn't even notice your error and that is one of my biggest literary pet peeves!

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if B&J decide to use BC at some point. Jessa doesn't seem overly affectionate or motherly towards her siblings, unlike Jana or Jill. She said herself in a People magazine interview that she does things her own way. That was in the context that they may get tv for football and cooking shows.

I didn't even notice your error and that is one of my biggest literary pet peeves!

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if B&J decide to use BC at some point. Jessa doesn't seem overly affectionate or motherly towards her siblings, unlike Jana or Jill. She said herself in a People magazine interview that she does things her own way. That was in the context that they may get tv for football and cooking shows.

She also said rather explicitly she wants tons of kids, both biological and adopted.

I dunno. I get people thinking she's not that maternal or into kids, because I see that too. She's not a warm person. But being a mom is the only future she's ever seen for herself. I don't think she's trying to prevent it.

Watching the news about tornados coming through Texas and Arkansas, made me wonder if the Duggars have ever been through a tornado?

Watching the news about tornados coming through Texas and Arkansas, made me wonder if the Duggars have ever been through a tornado?

I don't know if Tontitown has had a tornado, but the Duggar 'fire'n rescue" assisted with the Joplin, MO tornado aftermath. I'm sure Tontitown has had to see a fierce storm or two. How were all the trees downed when Gil had to come and rescue DimBulb with his power tools?

Archived