IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 10

happy atheist

Regarding the Duggars and religion:

I was active in the RC for about 45 years and I found that church to be very inclusive. I think where the Duggars get tripped up is in mixing Gothardism with their own particular brand of Christianity...and then wanting to sell people on that hybrid version of religion.

IKR? But the weird (self-defeating) thing is, the Duggars only want to associate (on a personal level) with those who are *exactly* like themselves. They appear to have little (if any at all) tolerance for bringing in fresh blood to their Gothard/DPIAT/home-church uber conservative fundamentalist form of Christianity.

Within that movement, the consensus seems to be that breeding members is the supreme way to go, and heavily scrutinizing and very (very!) selectively accepting screened outsiders to join the inner workings is they only way (well, except for Whit, whom the Bates' accepted after they were sure she was willing to drink the proverbial Kool Aid.) Think Jen from Jen's Gems and all that she was put through (and her dh, too, -the brainwashing that was aimed at him regarding how he was to proceed as her headship).

So idealistically speaking, the Duggars (and their kind) seem to want to sell their bill of goods. But in reality, those who stand in line to buy will most likely fail "the test" and be rejected. And that proverbial hamster on the wheel makese sense why? :pull-hair:

And what, may I ask, is the "RC"?

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IKR? But the weird (self-defeating) thing is, the Duggars only want to associate (on a personal level) with those who are *exactly* like themselves. They appear to have little (if any at all) tolerance for bringing in fresh blood to their Gothard/DPIAT/home-church uber conservative fundamentalist form of Christianity.

Within that movement, the consensus seems to be that breeding members is the supreme way to go, and heavily scrutinizing and very (very!) selectively accepting screened outsiders to join the inner workings is a must. Think Jen from Jen's Gems and all that she (and her dh, -the brainwashing that was aimed at him regarding how he was to proceed as her headship).

So idealistically speaking, the Duggars (and their kind) seem to want to sell their bill of goods. But in reality, those who stand in line to buy will most likely fail "the test" and be rejected. And that proverbial hamster on the wheel makese sense why? :pull-hair:

And what, may I ask, is the "RC"?

Roman Catholic.

I understand that everyone is not a professional writer, but OMG, that love letter -- seriously? And why would Jessa choose to put something so personal online?

Somebody was mentioning about the money train stopping. Put it this way I pull interest off a fund I have set up that is more than what most people make in one year. 4% sounds like crap unless you have over a million in an account. Do the math and it becomes clear how easy it is for those with more money (ie Duggars) to keep their money. Add that to Annuities, other proper investments, and write offs. ETA re-read this. Did not seem to come off rude, I was just thinking about it and wanted to get it out while it was still on my mind. Been meaning to post about it for weeks.

Their lifestyle is FREE. Their house is a write-off (used for business purposes). Every improvement to that house is a write-off. The interest on the rental houses is a write-off, to name three things. Take a look while you're watching some week and see how many products or services are not blurred or taped over while filming. FREE. TLC is most likely feeding all of them during filming times as well, and all of their travel if there's a camera crew along? FREE. The plane (and all their other businesses) is owned by a LLC; it's deductible as well.

I would love to see their true monthly expenditures. It might be even more fun to see what's really stashed away in the bank and in their family trust.

At least as far as the house goes, it is taxed. That's easy to see in the county tax assessments.

At least as far as the house goes, it is taxed. That's easy to see in the county tax assessments.

And the property tax is a deduction on their return. So is the property tax paid on every house or piece of real estate they own.

As is everyone else's property tax deductible if they own a house and itemize. The previous poster was trying to claim that they paid no taxes on the house.

Same, can't tell if proud or ashamed

Wow they weren't even trying with some questions

"John, Jacob, Jingleheimer, Schmidt" :lol: I like Jingleheimer....

Oee maybe Jill will name her first daughter Jingleheimer. This way she can continue the J'names

I got them all right! Yay! I only guessed some of the boys because the other answers were not actual Duggar kid names.

I got them all right. My God do I ever need a hobby. :lol:

Got the boyfriend to take the quiz. He got 5 out of 10. At least I know he's paying some attention to me eh lol. He couldn't tell the difference between most of the siblings saying "they all look the same. It's like the only difference between any of them is their name. And even then they're all J names. What the fuck is wrong with these people."

I got them all right! Yay! I only guessed some of the boys because the other answers were not actual Duggar kid names.

That is how I got them all right, had to use the process of eliminating the wrong answers. If it was a fill in the blank vs a multiple choice there is no way I would have known the all the middle boys. I can always recognize Josie . Sometimes I struggle with whose who with Jennifer Jordyn & JoHannie

Anyone know why Amy Duggar's instagram profile now lists her as:

Amy Duggar TLC! -cousin on 19Kids+future columnist+free spirit+biggest sweet tooth! Exploring//Jesus seeking//Nashville dreaming! Be kind and stay humble.

Still dreaming of Nashville, but nothing about her singing. Seems odd...

I got them all right. My God do I ever need a hobby. :lol:

Got the boyfriend to take the quiz. He got 5 out of 10. At least I know he's paying some attention to me eh lol. He couldn't tell the difference between most of the siblings saying "they all look the same. It's like the only difference between any of them is their name. And even then they're all J names. What the fuck is wrong with these people."

This made me laugh so much I snorted hot tea down my nose!! :o Once I'd recovered I read it to my OH and he replied 'that's about right!' :cracking-up:

What pretty little ladies the Lost Girls are. It's a shame their mother only seems to pay attention to Miracle Josie.

Yes, It is very sad.

I also feel bad for Josie because at some point in her life she will resent being known as the poster child for a political cause, the miracle baby. . Boob still refers to her as Baby Josie yet she is five years old. She is not even a toddler any longer, she should be in Kindergarten, she is a little girl JB, not a baby.

I felt the worst for Jordyn & Jennifer when they were living in the rental house, in Little Rock. Apart form thinking they were going to be seriously injured from climbing the stairs and running around the house unsupervised, they were clearly emotionally neglected. That whole rental house was such a Lord of the Flies moment.

Those lil girls are going to grow up being so stylish, have perfect makeup,skin care, healthy fit bodies and their clothes are going to match ever so perfect. They look up to their moms so much and want to be just like them. They won't know any different.

They are absolutely stunning children. Wake up j'chelle, they are not tokens and pawns. You deserve zero credit.

Those lil girls are going to grow up being so stylish, have perfect makeup,skin care, healthy fit bodies and their clothes are going to match ever so perfect. They look up to their moms so much and want to be just like them. They won't know any different.

They are absolutely stunning children. Wake up j'chelle, they are not tokens and pawns. You deserve zero credit.

Yes, they are!

Did any one see the stir article 11 duggar parenting rules we can all follow?

yep, and Welcome to Free Jinger! :dance: :cracking-up:

Archived