IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 10

happy atheist

She retweeted a tweet from Brigitte Gabriel that said "brutal Muslim holiday coming to school near you. As a Christian I am offended"

Being offended by someone celebrating something you don't is a super crazy low bar for offense taking. "I'm totally offended that you celebrate your birthday on April 17th, mine isn't until June." I don't think these people really know what "offended" means. I think they're looking for the words "filled with hate."

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time I checked, Anna didn't send her kids to public school, nor does she pay taxes to the New York school system, so I am not sure why she has any say or need to comment on this.

Anna, who I used to sort of like, just keeps going down in my opinion. She just needs to stfu and do what she was raised for, pop out babies. Anything more apparently taxes her brain too much for her to even make sense, poor thing.

Last time I checked, Anna didn't send her kids to public school, nor does she pay taxes to the New York school system, so I am not sure why she has any say or need to comment on this.

Anna, who I used to sort of like, just keeps going down in my opinion. She just needs to stfu and do what she was raised for, pop out babies. Anything more apparently taxes her brain too much for her to even make sense, poor thing.

:worship: :worship: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In their world it's Jeeeasus and 'Merica

Merica would be an awesome M4 name :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is Sierra married? She'd be a great catch for JD.

Wasn't she hugely PG at Jill's wedding?

Yeah, she's married. Her name is Sierra Jo Dominguez. Here's her Facebook: facebook.com/sierrajo.dominguez

She also has lots of other social media accounts (Twitter, IG, Pinterest etc.) where she frequently posts pictures of the Duggar family. She seems particularly close with Anna. Sierra and her kids went to visit the Smuggars in D.C. a couple of months ago.

Those pix on Pickles and Hairspray of the boys and the hog someone shot are disturbing. Little boys with guns in the pitch darkness, WTH??? Was this in Texas, I wonder? My husband hunts, so I guess I can't snark on a grown man like JD hunting, but the little ones? :penguin-no: Sorry I haven't included a link, but still trying to figure that out.

I watched the Jill Derick wedding episode tonight. Why do Jim Bob & Michelle seem to value their daughters wedding/marriage more than their son Josh?

I don't understand that.

I watched the Jill Derick wedding episode tonight. Why do Jim Bob & Michelle seem to value their daughters wedding/marriage more than their son Josh?

I don't understand that.

Well I could give the answer that they are GIVING Jill to Derick (that really annoys me when they that) whereas with Josh they are gaining the daughter. Also in their little world, they got that old fashion view of sex where Joshy gets to be a man, while Jill is giving up a bit of purity. It's a little sadder that their little girl will no more. And Jill is the favorite. And one less hand around the house. They didn't have to GIVE AWAY Josh, so it is more emotional for them to do this to sweet Jilly.

But really I think, they did all the planning and are more involved in the wedding as the bride's parents. As the groom parents, their role was to basically show up in FL and hang a few streamers day of wedding. It wasn't the Duggar show that day.

It's really funny to think about way back when Josh rocked up to Hometown Buffet or whatever restaurant with a bunch of balloons, a ring, and Jim the Sound Man. Now thanks to Derick and Ben, that Bozo the Clown/ Publisher's Clearance House nonsense just won't cut it.

This season seems like a repeat of last. Jessa finds her dress, all about Jessa. Who cares? Jill, please steal that bitch's thunder and pop out Prince Dilly

I don't understand that.

In US culture, the wedding is all about the bride (Prissy and TFDW are an exception). Also traditionally the bride's family pays for the wedding (and I would assume fundies use this tradition) so it would make sense to take more interest in something that you pay for.

Also Josh's wedding was at the beginning of the show. I think if he had married now (not that he could because he was so horny he was ready to hire a hooker). I wonder how it would have been different if it was now as opposed to then (much more fanfare I would assume). It will be interesting to see how they would cover a JD or Joseph wedding.

In US culture, the wedding is all about the bride (Prissy and TFDW are an exception). Also traditionally the bride's family pays for the wedding (and I would assume fundies use this tradition) so it would make sense to take more interest in something that you pay for.

Also Josh's wedding was at the beginning of the show. I think if he had married now (not that he could because he was so horny he was ready to hire a hooker). I wonder how it would have been different if it was now as opposed to then (much more fanfare I would assume). It will be interesting to see how they would cover a JD or Joseph wedding.

I think it has a lot to do with how ‘big’ and ‘famous’ they are now. They were almost nobodies when J&A got hitched. Then again they could go and prove me wrong by doing it again with the next male offspring.

It's really funny to think about way back when Josh rocked up to Hometown Buffet or whatever restaurant with a bunch of balloons, a ring, and Jim the Sound Man. Now thanks to Derick and Ben, that Bozo the Clown/ Publisher's Clearance House nonsense just won't cut it.

:laughing-rollingyellow: Oh my goodness, you had me rolling with the PCH bit. A more accurate description has never been made of Josh Duggar proposing to Anna.

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but I noticed that they finally updated their website. As I haven't been on in a while, I'm not exactly sure when it was done. Took them long enough, really. :roll:

From what I've seen, the update looks decent so far (it seems to be a little bit similar to the Bates website); however, when looking @ the individual pictures of the kids, Jennifer's head wasn't included. An oversight, I'm sure, but wouldn't they (or their website staff) have noticed this?

And this may be nitpicky, but JB's pic was with almost all of the boys. Let the kids have their own pic for criminy's sake! :angry-banghead:

(This cracky message is brought to you by the Goddess Caffeinea. You may now return to your regularly scheduled shenanigans.) :dance:

Woah. Fancy. I haven't been through it all yet...but hopefully they've dealt with their broken links that go no where.

Archived