IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 10

happy atheist

I hope he took them to lunch or to do a fun activity together after getting the part. I'd be willing to give JB a pass if he did something after the errand that involved spending quality time with the littles.

Home for BBQ tuna sandwiches-

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yuck! :puke-front: The idea of that is so disgusting. :lol:

Yuck! :puke-front: The idea of that is so disgusting. :lol:

I know. I like both tuna and BBQ but the thought of the combination sounds repulsive.

I hope he took them to lunch or to do a fun activity together after getting the part. I'd be willing to give JB a pass if he did something after the errand that involved spending quality time with the littles.

Even if he did take them somewhere else, I don't see how taking four children is investing in the individual relationship with each child.

Even if he did take them somewhere else, I don't see how taking four children is investing in the individual relationship with each child.

I agree that it's not. If JB is focusing on "individual relationships" with each Duggarling, then he should really just take one child at a time for special one-on-one time with him. He probably sees the fact that he's got less than 10 children with him in a vehicle on a trip as a form of "individual" time because he and Michelle see their children as a collective unit.

I think this is also another one of those times where Jim Bob is using a term because it sounds good (concert pianist, certified midwife, individual relationship), not because it correctly applies to the situation or person at hand.

The bar for bio parent parenting is so low in Duggarville that JB gets an "atta boy" and blue ribbon for taking 4 of his 9 minor children to Lowe's...wonder if Jana was walking behind just outside the camera field?

I agree that it's not. If JB is focusing on "individual relationships" with each Duggarling, then he should really just take one child at a time for special one-on-one time with him. He probably sees the fact that he's got less than 10 children with him in a vehicle on a trip as a form of "individual" time because he and Michelle see their children as a collective unit.

I think this is also another one of those times where Jim Bob is using a term because it sounds good (concert pianist, certified midwife, individual relationship), not because it correctly applies to the situation or person at hand.

I should have said this already... this is how the Duggars irritate me; JB&M constantly try to portray themselves in a certain light, to spin things a certain way.. and those things are not the truth. Yet loudly they proclaim how Christian they are.

It annoyed me when Michelle tried to say they spend loads of time with individual children because they take children to run errands. I'd buy that if they took one child at a time, maybe just a little, but four? Um, no. Do Jim Bob and Michelle even realize what is a relationship with an individual?

It makes me want to comment LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE under that FB post.

That's kinda my thing, I was so thrilled to see Jim Bob take a few of his littles out running around without a J'slave to supervise (and we don't know if Jana or Jinger was lurking offscreen, one of them might have been), it almost feels like I'm seeing real parenting on his part. It might still be if he actually took them to do something fun after the Lowe's errand, but yeah, it's definitely not giving them individual and quality attention, that's for sure.

Brownie- That is my #1 bitch with this show. JB is making a living off telling the audience that his way is better- his way is better and he is getting money for saying this to the world. Yet, when you watch the show, you realize that: 1) Half the crap he claims is not true per the actions on the show and 2) His way, especially in terms of the parenting dept, is so horrible and might be better than foster care, but is certainly not better than most homes and 3) the convoluted "faith" that the Duggars profess. Who even knows what they believe, and notice there is NEVER any mention of Gothard on the show? Why is that?

This man makes his money selling snake oil- and yet he wants us to believe (and some do believe) that he is a faith filled, God fearing man.

I know, as soon as the cameras are off, he and Michelle morph into different people. They are raising those 10 minor kids all on their own. They are loving, giving and respectful of others...that must be it.

Brownie- That is my #1 bitch with this show. JB is making a living off telling the audience that his way is better- his way is better and he is getting money for saying this to the world. Yet, when you watch the show, you realize that: 1) Half the crap he claims is not true per the actions on the show and 2) His way, especially in terms of the parenting dept, is so horrible and might be better than foster care, but is certainly not better than most homes and 3) the convoluted "faith" that the Duggars profess. Who even knows what they believe, and notice there is NEVER any mention of Gothard on the show? Why is that?

This man makes his money selling snake oil- and yet he wants us to believe (and some do believe) that he is a faith filled, God fearing man.

I know, as soon as the cameras are off, he and Michelle morph into different people. They are raising those 10 minor kids all on their own. They are loving, giving and respectful of others...that must be it.

I don't like him because he is condescending

article-2306433-19336857000005DC-800_634x466.jpg

You cannot spend a lot of one on one time with your children when you have 19 children. There's just no way the numbers check out on that one.

Let's be generous and assume they spend 1 hour a day doing "one on one time." One kid per day. That means each kid would get less than 20 hours of one on one time A YEAR. And considering we all know good and well they do NOT spend an hour a day with a child one on one...those numbers are pretty optimistic.

There's just not much you're going to get to know about your kids individually when there are 19 of them and 99% of your time you are supervising 5, 10, 15 kids all at once. That's like a teacher with an entire class of students. Yeah, you'll get to know their hobbies and interests and general personality, but will you actually have time to sit down with them individually on a regular basis to really connect? Of course not. Because there are NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY to provide for the emotional needs of 19 children. Going out shopping with "just" a few of your other siblings might be the best you get until your birthday rolls around.

You cannot spend a lot of one on one time with your children when you have 19 children. There's just no way the numbers check out on that one.

Let's be generous and assume they spend 1 hour a day doing "one on one time." One kid per day. That means each kid would get less than 20 hours of one on one time A YEAR. And considering we all know good and well they do NOT spend an hour a day with a child one on one...those numbers are pretty optimistic.

There's just not much you're going to get to know about your kids individually when there are 19 of them and 99% of your time you are supervising 5, 10, 15 kids all at once. That's like a teacher with an entire class of students. Yeah, you'll get to know their hobbies and interests and general personality, but will you actually have time to sit down with them individually on a regular basis to really connect? Of course not. Because there are NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY to provide for the emotional needs of 19 children. Going out shopping with "just" a few of your other siblings might be the best you get until your birthday rolls around.

And scratch the birthday if you share a month with anyone else in the family, which most do.

In terms of family size, 19 kids and counting is the poster child for what NOT to do.

Well, unless the baby is born this evening, every Duggar,/D. in law except the Queen, will share a birthday month with someone else- I did not verify this, but I believe it to be true.

Only the lone Queen in September because we all know that the heathen Amy does not count!

And based on this, is why I have always said that each blessing that they added, only made each blessing less important, because no matter what, the day is never longer than 24 hours. If they really cherished kids and saw each one as a miracle, they would have stopped having kids at a manageable number, in order to give each miracle blessing the attention and upbringing that each special being deserves.

And no February Duggars. February must be a holy month...God has spared us a February Duggar.

Maybe Jessa will conceive in May!

We all know JB is all about appearances, if there's a camera it's a quick smile and a show of parenting (Or so it seems to FJ'ers.)

(Just sitting waiting for nst re: livestream) :lol: :lol: :lol:

The bar for bio parent parenting is so low in Duggarville that JB gets an "atta boy" and blue ribbon for taking 4 of his 9 minor children to Lowe's...wonder if Jana was walking behind just outside the camera field?

I bet Hannie was promoted to sister mom status that was her role in this little outing. Also while I’m thinking about it when Jill said that Joy had taken over her bed dose that mean she also took over co sleeping with Jenny?

That close up of Jessa's ring she posted on IG. The design is straight up sloppy. I'm sorry.

I got a mental image of Jenny holed up in a corner somewhere with a book - the only escape she has.

OH NVM. Geez. They aren't allowed books. No library cards for the Duggarllings. Maybe Jenny has a secret stash.

I would just LOVE to give Jenny a bunch of books: Beverly Cleary, The Wind in the Willows, Winnie the Pooh, The Borrowers, The Hundred Dresses, The Melendy books and so on. Some nice realistic books and also a large dose of fantasy.

That close up of Jessa's ring she posted on IG. The design is straight up sloppy. I'm sorry.

It looks weird, and I can't tell if it's just the photo? It looks like the side stones have one line of metal flush against them, but the other side is not flush? And the stones next to the center stone are squared, while the center stone is at an angle. Very weird...I wonder if Ben specified that in his "design," or if the jeweler just sucks? Is it a princess center stone with princess side stones and then some other kind of shape after those side stones? Round maybe? Anyway, it looks super weird. Unlike anything I've ever seen but not in a good way.

Of course, like usual, the Duggars and their newest inductees think they know better than anyone else. Ben has to doodle his own Majestic RingTM and can't actually buy something a professional put their expertise into. The Duggars can just jump into any skill, trade or debate and consider themselves just as good or better than professionals who have put their life's work into the fields they work in. :roll: Ben's probably a Duggar-certified jeweler now.

Guess it'll have some sentimental value attached when Jessa can look down at her ring finger when she's 50 and remember that her husband was an immature child when they met, though.

How come I had not seen this before. I'm addicted to Buzzfeed. :O

I got 10/10. I think it's fair to say that I have issues.

10/10. I am horrified that I thought it was easy.

Man I just sailed through with those and when I got 10/10 it didn't make me feel any better about myself lol

Archived