IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 10

happy atheist

The Duggars are to gun safety what they are to homeschooling. Just like they make legit homeschoolers look like deranged idiots who need to shelter their children from the big bad world, they make responsible gun owners seem like incompetent morons who leave them lying around on the ground while a barefooted five year old strolls around it. You have to remember that anything the Duggars do, normal people do the opposite, like parenting their own children, giving them a real education which includes gun safety, respectfully hunting animals for food. I don't know about Arkansas - or Texas, but they weren't in Texas for this were they? - but in Wisconsin there are signs absolutely everywhere directing people where they can take their trophy kills bc those butchers will do it all for free and then donate the meat to the local shelters. Just bc hunting is a sport, doesn't mean an animal needs to die needlessly. There are people out there who need and will take the meat. But again, I'm assuming the Duggars never did this, mainly bc it was never shown on their show.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I thought the Texas vacay was why they were hog hunting. They come this way a lot, due to Big Sandy.

You are probably correct about the vacay.

Just posted to the Duggar facebook page! Win a chance for the Duggars to come host a block party with you!

I swear to all that is holy, PLEASE let an FJer win!!!!!!!!! :popcorn2:

I hope I win. I would make my whole family wear defrauding clothing, talk about evolution, talk about Jesus, how I'm sending my kids to evil college to get laid, and hump, smooch, and have public sex with my husband. Because I'm modest. We all know how modest the Duggars are. :lol:

Just posted to the Duggar facebook page! Win a chance for the Duggars to come host a block party with you!

I'm very tempted to enter, if only because I'm a short-haired Jewish bisexual woman with a full-time job, a Bachelor's (soon to get a Master's), and a great love for low-cut tops and premarital sex. Imagine the fun... :stir-pot:

I'm very tempted to enter, if only because I'm a short-haired Jewish bisexual woman with a full-time job, a Bachelor's (soon to get a Master's), and a great love for low-cut tops and premarital sex. Imagine the fun... :stir-pot:

OH PLEASE let me win! We are traditional Christian family - so on the surface we look great! But we are the wrong Christian- Catholic - and hubs is a public school teacher, I work for child support, we do not support homeschooling -even though we both have teaching certificates and are qualified teachers. We are both liberal and for social justice. Then my neighbors- one is a church shopper; the ones we spend the most time with are agnostic or new age or atheists- I really don't know & don't care; another goes to church but has her divorced daughter and grandson living with her along with her hubs and son; another is a divorcee & she runs a Christian preschool, another wife is a children's pastor, etc. It keeps like that all the way down the block. Until our neighborhood got too big, we used to have a neighborhood party each summer. The last one we had was a pig roast (Duggar's don't eat pork) with dish to pass and BYOB.

All of us that socialize together (including the children's pastor) all drink, all celebrate Halloween, 95% the women have at least a part-time job and if they do go to church, usually the woman is the lead. All of us wear whatever we want - shorts, capris, maxi-dresses, pants, long hair, short hair, etc. Oh goodness, the Duggars would really get a dose of what real life looks like! If we did win, I would make sure our priest was on hand to do the one and only blessing of the food and then I would promptly go pour him a beer or mixed drink depending on his mood that day :)

quiversR4hunting I would like for you to win, too. You could take video and post it for all to enjoy. Sadly though I think it is a set up and a conservative family will be chosen or it will be just the Boob and DQ because they can't let their children be exposed to the heathen masses.

I'd like to win. I'll invite the 300 or so romance authors that live within a 100 mile radius of Seattle to join me.

I'm sure the entire family would love to spend the afternoon with a group of literate, interesting, intelligent women. Who make their own money. And who aren't afraid of sexuality.

I'd like to win. I'll invite the 300 or so romance authors that live within a 100 mile radius of Seattle to join me.

I'm sure the entire family would love to spend the afternoon with a group of literate, interesting, intelligent women. Who make their own money. And who aren't afraid of sexuality.

I'm not a romance author, but i'm nearby, can I come??

I’m tempted to enter, you all can come to the west coast and we can have a huge FJ party. :cracking-up:

I would smuggle Janna, Jinger and Joy college applications and spend one on one time with each of the lost girls. I would have colored hair and a full on organic fresh food spread with lost of fruit for Jenny. any child over the age of 18 would be invited to stay with me until they got on their feet. oh a girl can dream.....

I’m tempted to enter, you all can come to the west coast and we can have a huge FJ party. :cracking-up:

I would smuggle Janna, Jinger and Joy college applications and spend one on one time with each of the lost girls. I would have colored hair and a full on organic fresh food spread with lost of fruit for Jenny. any child over the age of 18 would be invited to stay with me until they got on their feet. oh a girl can dream.....

As long as they are on the West Coast, you can head down my way with the family in tow to schmooze in Palm Springs. I live very close to Palm Springs, which is one of the most gay-friendly cities in the US. Would love to sight-see with the Duggars along side the many gay couples (lots of them are senior citizens, by the way) whom you see walking hand-in-hand. Around here nobody gives gay people a second glance but it would be an eye-opener for the Duggars. Oh yes, the Duggars in Palm Springs...maybe the mayor, who is gay, will give them the key to the city.

As long as they are on the West Coast, you can head down my way with the family in tow to schmooze in Palm Springs. I live very close to Palm Springs, which is one of the most gay-friendly cities in the US. Would love to sight-see with the Duggars along side the many gay couples (lots of them are senior citizens, by the way) whom you see walking hand-in-hand. Around here nobody gives gay people a second glance but it would be an eye-opener for the Duggars. Oh yes, the Duggars in Palm Springs...maybe the mayor, who is gay, will give them the key to the city.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
BAwhahahahaha I LIVE in Palm Springs, right by Down Town. Hello Neighbor! I love the Gays, they are adorable and way better company then the Duggers. I grew up in the theater here, so yeah, the Duggers would just love it here. :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

OH PLEASE let me win! We are traditional Christian family - so on the surface we look great! But we are the wrong Christian- Catholic - and hubs is a public school teacher, I work for child support, we do not support homeschooling -even though we both have teaching certificates and are qualified teachers. We are both liberal and for social justice. Then my neighbors- one is a church shopper; the ones we spend the most time with are agnostic or new age or atheists- I really don't know & don't care; another goes to church but has her divorced daughter and grandson living with her along with her hubs and son; another is a divorcee & she runs a Christian preschool, another wife is a children's pastor, etc. It keeps like that all the way down the block. Until our neighborhood got too big, we used to have a neighborhood party each summer. The last one we had was a pig roast (Duggar's don't eat pork) with dish to pass and BYOB.

All of us that socialize together (including the children's pastor) all drink, all celebrate Halloween, 95% the women have at least a part-time job and if they do go to church, usually the woman is the lead. All of us wear whatever we want - shorts, capris, maxi-dresses, pants, long hair, short hair, etc. Oh goodness, the Duggars would really get a dose of what real life looks like! If we did win, I would make sure our priest was on hand to do the one and only blessing of the food and then I would promptly go pour him a beer or mixed drink depending on his mood that day :)

THIS! If I get to be the camera man

THIS! If I get to be the camera man

you can totally be the camera man! I think we could change it to our family place on the lake. Of the 5 houses around us- 3 are Catholic. Most of the people on the beach attend "St. Mattress" on Sunday. Swim suits of all sizes are to be seen but the most modest suits are purchased at Lands End. Some do wear swim shirts but that is because they are trying to protect their translucent skin color- not because of modesty. And when we are out of the swim suits- we are in tanks, shorts, skirts, etc. And the tattoos we all show off when wearing our summer gear. OH! and a neighbor (man) tucks his swim trunks into the liner to avoid tan lines :ew: We always have a perfect view of it while doing our dishes. Impromptu deck parties with margaritas, beer, and wine happen every weekend. We play cards and dice games. And every labor day the beach has a band come and we dance in the street with a couple bottles being passed around for shots. I bet we could get the band for the block party! And all the Duggar flip flops would be very appropriate foot wear- for once!

I need to go enter, if I win (I bet it's rigged too) I will have to make a big decision on which neighborhood to hold the party!

If I come, Jenny may never be let go!

Good grief, I'm reading the girls book. And there is this whole story in the friendship chapter about a girl and the girl was thin and popular and a 'key' member of the gymnastics team, and also a cheerleader (you get where this goes, right?) and she started comparing herself to others and developed an eating disorder (I about fell out of bed since someone actually used eating disorder rather than Michelle's televised 'making myself sick.') But then a friend showed her an end of the world movie and she went to church and got saved and then went to work in the yougurt shop and met a boy and hey that's our parents.

Really, you more or less encouraged your daughters to tell this story? They are so desperate for friends examples that the not so ghost writer had to use mom and dad in the friendship chapter???

Why can't I find this on the Duggar Facebook page? I live in a very liberal, gay friendly neighborhood of NYC, I run our block party every year, would love to have them! LOL

How do I enter?

tlc.com/tlc-summer-block-party-sweepstakes/?mkcpgn=fbtlc1&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=19Kids&Counting

I wonder what this is all about? I mean, they have a real chance of running into some big skeptics/haters. I wonder too if there is any chance this will lead to a new courtship? Getting outside the boundaries of Arkansas, perhaps?

I entered but personally I do not see where it says it is Duggar specific. Maybe if you win, they will send any of their TLC stars over. Personally, my preference would be Bill and Jen from The Little Couple, I love them!

Good grief, I'm reading the girls book. And there is this whole story in the friendship chapter about a girl and the girl was thin and popular and a 'key' member of the gymnastics team, and also a cheerleader (you get where this goes, right?) and she started comparing herself to others and developed an eating disorder (I about fell out of bed since someone actually used eating disorder rather than Michelle's televised 'making myself sick.') But then a friend showed her an end of the world movie and she went to church and got saved and then went to work in the yougurt shop and met a boy and hey that's our parents.

Really, you more or less encouraged your daughters to tell this story? They are so desperate for friends examples that the not so ghost writer had to use mom and dad in the friendship chapter???

Did they say it was Michelle or did they claim it as their own friend

Did they say it was Michelle or did they claim it as their own friend

They said that their parents knew a girl named "Marie"....and then ended with saying Marie was really Michelle.

They said that their parents knew a girl named "Marie"....and then ended with saying Marie was really Michelle.

I'm sorry, but the whole thing sounds made up to me. I think they needed material for the book (or good testimony or what have you) and maybe Michelle considered making herself throw up or actually went through with it a time or two, but we all know how they downplay one some things while exaggerating others, and I don't believe for one minute that Michelle had a bonafide eating disorder that was cured by prayer and Jim Bob's love. That's not how it works. :snooty:

I'm sorry, but the whole thing sounds made up to me. I think they needed material for the book (or good testimony or what have you) and maybe Michelle considered making herself throw up or actually went through with it a time or two, but we all know how they

downplay one some things while exaggerating others, and I don't believe for one minute

that Michelle had a bonafide eating disorder that was cured by prayer and Jim Bob's love. That's not how it works. :snooty:

It does a disservice for girls/women to pray to be cured of eating disorder. There has been some strides in treating anorexia. It is still an addictive, body image diorder that has many layers. There may be a case were prayer has cured an eating disorder but I've never heard of it (except Michelle)Though I do believe in the power of prayer; but it would never be; a replacement for the physical/psychological aspects of eating disorders.

I don't get why people think she would make that up. It seems like an odd thing to make up. She did a lot of "crazy" stuff in high school they could have used. It makes sense to me that she had an eating disorder, and probably other psychological problems that went along with that.

Yes prayer can't cure an eating disorder, but no one in their right mind would consider Michelle cured. She just stopped throwing up after she ate. However she just moved on to another obsession, and an unhealthy one to boot. That is completely believable behavior and happens plenty. Not necessarily with prayer but with other things.

I think Michelle probably did engage in disordered eating. That said, I think there is a huge spectrum of severity of eating disorders and WHY you are led to that behavior. Some people start to obsessively limit their food or purge because they want to lose weight and feel more attractive. I think in many cases those people are the ones who have an easier time moving back toward "normal" eating - I think we all know many people who have lost a lot of weight very quickly through very unhealthy (disordered) methods, but quickly go back to "normal" balanced eating once their goal is met or sort of grow out of it as they become more comfortable with their bodies. It's still unhealthy, and maybe it's still a disordered way of eating, but the psychological and physical impact on your life is very, very little compared to people with long-term, non-stop, obsessive, consuming, highly dangerous EDs.

ED sufferers whose disorder is tied to OCD, or is a result of trauma, or who feel helpless and out of control, or all sorts of reasons...they can't just "pray it away." They can't just marry some dope who thinks they're the most beautiful person in the world and suddenly their ED disappears. If it was that easy, we wouldn't hear tragic stories of 20 year old emaciated women who are smart and beautiful and loved by their friends and family dying of heart attacks because they've been slowly killing themselves.

I am not sure Michelle is the best voice to talk about an ED on TV. One of the biggest problems with people with very severe, difficult to treat EDs is that nothing is ever enough. You can't ever hit a goal weight that makes you feel happy and whole, and you will NEVER feel OK with yourself, because it's not truly about how you look. There's no sign that Michelle ever was in a place like that mentally. So I think it's pretty offensive and maybe even dangerous that she can try to give any sort of insight or advice to people whose suffering is probably far and beyond what she went through. "Oh, you throw up after you eat? Well that's bad for you, so you should stop." I'm sure bulimics everywhere are SO THANKFUL that they finally know the solution to their problem! Thanks Dr. Jchelle!

I wasn't trying to say that she was promoting a healthy solution. I disagree with that completely and think she is being a horrible influence. I was just saying that her no longer exhibiting bulimic behavior after the craziness of the way she ended up with Jim Bob is proof that she never had one. I think trying to say she made it up is also harmful because a lot of people with mental disorders, especially if they are more cyclical in nature, get told they are doing it for attention and it stops them from getting real help. I felt like that is the belief people are perpetuating by saying that Michelle made it up.

Archived