IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 10

happy atheist

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I hear the word precious one more time I'm going to puke blood.

:worship: It's never bothered me before...until this episode. Dear god...I never want to hear that word ever again...from anyone.

Ben has to doodle his own Majestic RingTM and can't actually buy something a professional put their expertise into.

My wedding ring was designed and made by a local goldsmith. He and his wife have been in business for over forty years. I wanted this ring because it's unusual enough (wider split gold band with channel set diamonds) that I don't see others wearing anything like it, but so beautiful that I get compliments on it almost every day.

Why would anyone spend the money (and we all know Bin got the ring for free or wholesale because of the product placement) to make something so amateur-looking? Don't the jewelers in question have any pride in THEIR work? They have to know that thousands are looking at that ring and judging their work by it.

instagram.com/p/05-YIKNkKA/?taken-by=amyduggar

Holy crap, Jill, you're a bridesmaid. I get that it was cold, and that was Jessa and Ben's fault, but UGG boots and a hoody. Gimme a break, how trashy can you look?

Okay, Jill in Ugg boots after the wedding makes me think that the dressiest shoes she had to wear for the actual wedding were the sandals that were one step up from fancy thongs. Either her feet have swollen; or she just finds closed shoes too constraining for her feet (besides slipper-type Ugg boots).

Another possibility: She just doesn't care how she looks. I mean, doesn't she have a pretty sweater to wear instead of a zip up hoodie? A pair of wide-size flats to change into? A comb? She's got a husband earning a paycheck, no rent or low rent on that big home, and supposedly no debt. Can't she afford to buy herself a nice-looking sweater for this cold weather?

instagram.com/p/05-YIKNkKA/?taken-by=amyduggar

Holy crap, Jill, you're a bridesmaid. I get that it was cold, and that was Jessa and Ben's fault, but UGG boots and a hoody. Gimme a break, how trashy can you look?

Remember she went barefoot to her own church wedding, citing her preference for the height difference between she and Derick with her barefooted vs with shoes. [immodesty bad, vanity, A-OK.] I guess she has never heard of flats.

In making sure that their kids arms and knees were covered and their genitalia remained pure for marriage, JB and M glossed over major portions of societal norms and manners. I guess when you have 10 penises and 9 vaginas to monitor, + maintaining a quest for AND COUNTING, there is apparently little time to impart the kind of information that is needed to live in the real world without drawing attention to one's self.

And I know LOTS of FJers were barefoot at their own beachside weddings or attend churches that have no problem with bare feet within their facilities. IMO, it's still outside the norm to get married in a church or attend a ceremony in a church, without wearing shoes of some sort.

Who plans a Nov wedding without considering what obstacles an outdoor wedding reception might present?

Who plans a Nov wedding without considering what obstacles an outdoor wedding reception might present?

Someone who can't wait another few months to bang? Someone who can't be bothered to shell out the money for a venue big enough for their enormous wedding, but expects$30,000 in gifts? Someone who likely can't even name half the people attending their wedding?

I could go on. :lol:

Edited to add hypocrisy.

my stepdaughter wore flip flops under her wedding dress and kicked them off at the reception. It was an August wedding in SE VA, it was 90+ degrees with humidity to match. I've lived in the desert southwest USA for the last few years and pretty much EVERYBODY wears flip flops or sandals 10-11 months out of the year. Barefoot in church? Not unusual. Admittedly, the nail spas make a bundle all year round here...

I don't think being barefoot under the wedding dress is really a big deal. I hate shoes with a bloody blue passion and prefer NOT to wear them as much as possible. I keep a pair of flats in my car should I need them, that is IF I'm going somewhere that I have to be dressy. But, my usual wardrobe choices are shorts, tank tops, loose dresses and skirts/tops all year round.

Someone who can't wait another few months to bang? Someone who can't be bothered to shell out the money for a venue big enough for their enormous wedding, but expects$30,000 in gifts? Someone who likely can't even name half the people attending their wedding?

I could go on. :lol:

Edited to add hypocrisy.

Someone who was turning 22 in 2 days and did not want it printed in the media that she was 22 and he was 19 on their wedding day, and who certainly did not want to wait 6 mos for her partner to turn 20-

I'm curious to see a close up of the ring he designed.

She seemed very happy with the results!

I wonder what kind of ring a 19yo, seemingly underemployed man can afford?

Outdoor receptions late in the year are no big deal in most of the southern states, even parts of Texas stay warm. It was a HUGE shock for me this year moving from sunny, warm Florida up to Arkansas. (I live about 2.5 hours from the Duggars). I didn't realize it was going to be quite so cold when I moved here. But for people who have lived in Arkansas for so long and know how the weather is here, you would definitely think there would be some consideration for their guests being outside. What would they have done if it had (shudder) SNOWED?

She seemed very happy with the results!

I wonder what kind of ring a 19yo, seemingly underemployed man can afford?

Here you go: instagram.com/p/06Uo1fDfm6/

my daughter came up with a new nickname for jimboob....Lord Farquad ;) yes, the guy from shrek. She said she's never seen such a blatant case of short man syndrome except from that cartoon character. I'll never look at his lordship the same way again. :lol:

So different. Hard to tell about the sides - two princesses on the sides, then I can't really tell. I wonder if he added the B J on it.

I'm going to assume he got the ring comped for all the "White's Jeweler's" that is added in every ring shot and episode...

I think that's the ugliest ring I have ever seen. It makes no sense.

If he really wanted to get unusual, maybe he should have asked to have the princess cuts set vertically or order a three-stone ring. That's just plain awful.

Bin isn't going to have a career in jewelry design.

Is a hoodie and Uggs really that inappropriate for a wedding where you only get candy and ice cream, and stand around in the cold in a parking lot? I've been to more formal county fairs.

She probably was wearing the hoodie and Uggs while they were getting ready and didn't think to pack layers since she was in a bridesmaid dress, would be my guess. Jill might be casual and have some questionable taste sometimes but she does seem to be a girl who likes to get a bit dressed up for special occasions (even if she skips out on the shoes). She wore a lot of cute outfits when she was courting, and her engagement photos were (IMO) really nice.

It's safe to say that if you're at a wedding in NOVEMBER that is mostly outdoors, you should wear layers. But the Duggars have never really been a family known for using their brains.

Is a hoodie and Uggs really that inappropriate for a wedding where you only get candy and ice cream, and stand around in the cold in a parking lot? I've been to more formal county fairs.

She probably was wearing the hoodie and Uggs while they were getting ready and didn't think to pack layers since she was in a bridesmaid dress, would be my guess. Jill might be casual and have some questionable taste sometimes but she does seem to be a girl who likes to get a bit dressed up for special occasions (even if she skips out on the shoes). She wore a lot of cute outfits when she was courting, and her engagement photos were (IMO) really nice.

It's safe to say that if you're at a wedding in NOVEMBER that is mostly outdoors, you should wear layers. But the Duggars have never really been a family known for using their brains.

Thinking is not encouraged in either Gothardism or Duggarville.

If he really wanted to get unusual, maybe he should have asked to have the princess cuts set vertically or order a three-stone ring. That's just plain awful.

:penguin-no: No, NO, NO! You're not understanding how Duggar careers work. See, he did design one ring, count it (1), so obviously that is a huge amount of experience and he has now officially earned the title, Benja®min Duggar Seewald, Jewelry Designer! :wink-kitty:

Just kidding, that is a lame design :D

Thinking is not encouraged in either Gothardism or Duggarville.

Yep. Can't trust the ol' brain. Unless it's Gothard's brain...that one's OK. Reminds me of Ben posting on IG the other day:

"Culture says "Follow your heart." God's Word says: "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9)"

How awful must it feel to be convinced that you can't trust your own brain, your own heart, your own anything? That anything you think that's different from what you've been taught by your parents is, quite literally, the devil trying to use you for evil? Hopefully some of the kids grow out of that kind of thinking.

It looks so lopsided. Like the band was set and they decided to add the side stones, but they didn't fit properly, so they just smushed them in there. The prongs all look different too, what the heck.

I feel like Jessa would enjoy a colored gem stone v a diamond ring.

My* ring is a sideways marquise alexandrite, I feel like she would enjoy one.

*(Ok, It's my mother's vintage ring. Ok, I'm not engaged yet but the SO knows I want this ring to be my engagement ring)

I remember the father / daughters camping trip, it was freezing and they had nothing on, but the usual skirts, tops and maybe a sweater. When I go somewhere I'm ready for any kind of weather for about 3 weeks. lol

My wedding ring was designed and made by a local goldsmith. He and his wife have been in business for over forty years. I wanted this ring because it's unusual enough (wider split gold band with channel set diamonds) that I don't see others wearing anything like it, but so beautiful that I get compliments on it almost every day.

Why would anyone spend the money (and we all know Bin got the ring for free or wholesale because of the product placement) to make something so amateur-looking? Don't the jewelers in question have any pride in THEIR work? They have to know that thousands are looking at that ring and judging their work by it.

doing your own is quite popular here too, my brother and (his now separated )wife did it too.

That ring is crooked! What is wrong with you, Ben? :evil-eye:

If I was the jeweler who made the ring, I would have done so anonymously and not attached my name or business to the piece. I've learned how to craft jewelry on an amateur level, and the stuff I've made looks better than that because I've learned to keep my lines straight. :angry-banghead: :disgust:

We need a thread where we post pics of our pretty rings. I could put up the pic of my replica of Princess Diana's engagement ring again.

Yeah, that is what bothers me about the ring, too. It just isn't a good design choice with the way the center stone is tilted and then the band goes out at an angle, so it doesn't line up with the wedding band part. As a slightly OCD person, it bothers me that the engagement ring band and wedding band have a gap between them. For ring sets like that they should look cohesive, and like one ring when they are put together. This one just looks awkward....

It is interesting, because a couple adjustments by the jeweler could have fixed all of those issues and it would be a gorgeous ring. :doh:

I don't have my wedding band yet (still another 5 months, can't wait!) But mine is a unique halo with some side action, haha. I love it. My band will match my side stones and I am thinking of possibly getting it with some alexandrite (my birth stone) to get some color :D

Archived