IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 10

happy atheist

Not sure this goes here!

The workout episode. i just lost it.

Jessa bench pressing and Ben spotting. He literally had her head between her legs. One little move and she would have had all of his business on her forehead HAHAHAHA.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure this goes here!

The workout episode. i just lost it.

Jessa bench pressing and Ben spotting. He literally had her head between her legs. One little move and she would have had all of his business on her forehead HAHAHAHA.

that scene and the football game hug are some of my favorite scenes - that and in duggar dirty jobs when he bounds down the stairs - oh boy :D

oh my :D

I don't know if Tontitown has had a tornado, but the Duggar 'fire'n rescue" assisted with the Joplin, MO tornado aftermath. I'm sure Tontitown has had to see a fierce storm or two. How were all the trees downed when Gil had to come and rescue DimBulb with his power tools?

I think that time was an ice storm.

Jessa, I'm sure, learned a lot about increasing a woman's odds of conceiving at her mother's knee. Since she is very slender by nature, and became even more so shortly before the wedding via diet and exercise, part of me is wondering if she's ramped up her workout and diet regiment since marrying Ben as a way of preventing conception, at least for the time being. Women who are naturally very thin and who sometimes have problems conceiving and sustaining pregnancies because of it are often told by doctors to put on a few pounds before trying to conceive. Celine Dion is one woman I can think of who was told this by her doctor, and she said it was one factor that helped her carry to term.

I have a hard time thinking that Jessa would be actively trying to prevent a pregnancy at this point by using birth control, but trying to keep her weight way down right now is something she could do to try and prevent conception without her husband or family catching on.

This morning's breakfast/pre commute episode was they had returned from somewhere (again) and Josiah's graduation combined with a turn around trip to the Smuggars in DC for some odd Thanksigivng dinner.

Uhh Josiah invited how many people to his graduation because 'that's the type of person he is'??? Sure Sure or JB wanted all his NW Arkansas buddies to come on over for a shindig.

Anna cooking, preparing ONE - yes people ONE turkey for that whole mob of people? Right. My extended family on my mom's side used to easily sit 30 (or more - without everyone showing up) each year (and that was family not friends. Mom was 6th of 9 kids). Sure there was one turkey. Plus a ham. Every year. Don't buy that single turkey nonsense for one moment.

And exactly what sane person as the inlaws are headed to your house cross country decides 'hey honey we have to redo the downstairs bedroom for your parents, right now.'

Staged Much?

Edited to add: The only real part of the show was one of the casseroles in the oven burning and sending smoke through the whole thing. And I am convinced that is something the caterers made up and she tossed in.

What does Bin do for a living ?

Does he still work for Boob ?

Other than post on social media & righteously fulfill desires, what do he & Blessa do all day ?

Other than post on social media & righteously fulfill desires, what do he & Blessa do all day ?

they stare at each other all day

19-kids-jessa-ben-engagement-76.jpg

Helps change the linens on the bed.

Smoke his mari - oh, uhh, I mean take lots of allergy medication. Yep, totally allergy meds.

Jessa, I'm sure, learned a lot about increasing a woman's odds of conceiving at her mother's knee. Since she is very slender by nature, and became even more so shortly before the wedding via diet and exercise, part of me is wondering if she's ramped up her workout and diet regiment since marrying Ben as a way of preventing conception, at least for the time being. Women who are naturally very thin and who sometimes have problems conceiving and sustaining pregnancies because of it are often told by doctors to put on a few pounds before trying to conceive. Celine Dion is one woman I can think of who was told this by her doctor, and she said it was one factor that helped her carry to term.

I have a hard time thinking that Jessa would be actively trying to prevent a pregnancy at this point by using birth control, but trying to keep her weight way down right now is something she could do to try and prevent conception without her husband or family catching on.

So this is just something I think is interesting and it doesn't contradict anything you said, but while it's true that a low weight can be a problem for fertility, even women who are so thin they don't get periods can and do get pregnant. Not everyone realizes this, which is part of the reason women with anorexia have very high rates of unplanned pregnancy.

Women who don't eat a lot are also more likely to have girls, and women who do have high caloric intakes are more likely to have boys. This is particularly noticeable in times of famine, likely because female fetuses have higher survival rates than males.

Personally, I do not think that any of the Duggar girls have a genetic predisposition to be thin- and I would not say that prior to the last couple of years that any of them were particularly thin (ANNA, pre being MRS Duggar was tiny and thin.) IMO, only Jessa around her wedding time, or Jinger in the last year or so could be considered thin. I'd say they are mostly average and right sized.

I think that they have learned better nutrition and acquired better eating habits in the last couple of years....plus some have taken an interest in exercise.

IMO, Michelle looks great for a nearing 50 yo who has had many pregnancies and C-sections. Not so sure her girls will do as well if they follow her same reproductive path.

pose for pictures

Ben-1024x1024.jpeg

models for street signs so you know to stop

july+5+2.jpg

writes loves letters for inmates

jessa-duggar-ben-seewald-love-letter-lg.jpg

holds up fences

88326ab85efc623c8ce02fa8beab95f4.jpg?itok=NxIrr8G8

Every time I read that letter about the pearls, I'm embarrassed FOR Ben. And a little grossed out.

:? :ew:

I think the letter is kinda cute. A bit childish perhaps, but this is their first relationship ever. So it makes sense that they do the kind of things most people do with their "first big love" in middle school.

NST, sorry I just have to ask, are you crushing on Ben? I mean in a funny way, ?

yes of course a funny way

Hello :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

stand by it :D

Every time I read that letter about the pearls, I'm embarrassed FOR Ben. And a little grossed out.

:? :ew:

I think the letter is kinda cute. A bit childish perhaps, but this is their first relationship ever. So it makes sense that they do the kind of things most people do with their "first big love" in middle school.

I am torn in thinking it is cute, childish & shows signs of Ben's innocence and being completely grossed out by it. The B & J in drawn in the heart :lol: :o . He just has no clue. Maybe now he does.

Why oh why would you share your sappy love notes with the freaking world ?

Why would your friends & family let you share that ?

It's like when someone with no singing talent goes on a public show. I always think to myself, don't they have any real friends who are going to tell them what fools they are making of themselves.

I am torn in thinking it is cute, childish & shows signs of Ben's innocence and being completely grossed out by it. The B & J in drawn in the heart :lol: :o . He just has no clue. Maybe now he does.

Why oh why would you share your sappy love notes with the freaking world ?

Why would your friends & family let you share that ?

It's like when someone with no singing talent goes on a public show. I always think to myself, don't they have any real friends who are going to tell them what fools they are making of themselves.

It's something isn't it? It's as if they are living in a different world. For example, I mentioned how embarrassed I was that even Jill did not say something about the flash cards and James potentially looking bad, and then someone else mentioned that Jill probably did not have much Math beyond multiplication and would not have realized that doing those flash cards was a poor reflection on James's skills and how far behind he was.

It's weird that the folks isolated their kids from normal relationship, yet have put them on TV and let them share very intimate details of their personal lives. So, so odd, so much so, the kids have grown up and do not even recognize appropriate boundaries in terms of sharing information.

It's something isn't it? It's as if they are living in a different world. For example, I mentioned how embarrassed I was that even Jill did not say something about the flash cards and James potentially looking bad, and then someone else mentioned that Jill probably did not have much Math beyond multiplication and would not have realized that doing those flash cards was a poor reflection on James's skills and how far behind he was.

It's weird that the folks isolated their kids from normal relationship, yet have put them on TV and let them share very intimate details of their personal lives. So, so odd, so much so, the kids have grown up and do not even recognize appropriate boundaries in terms of sharing information.

again you nailed it - the intimate details are everything

again you nailed it - the intimate details are everything

It's as if JB believes that as soon as you say, "I do" you can no longer give away pieces of your heart {using Duggar lingo}, get hurt, feel shame or embarrassment...so odd.

Before you're married- you are basically a prisoner confined to Duggarville and must be in the company of family at all times, yet isolated from others and protected(shoulders, clavicles and knees included).

After you're married a toilet birth with a camera crew in attendance, which is later aired on worldwide TV is A-OK.

WTF- that's all.

Before you're married- you are basically a prisoner confined to Duggarville and must be in the company of family at all times, yet isolated from others and protected(shoulders, clavicles and knees included).

After you're married a toilet birth with a camera crew in attendance, which is later aired on worldwide TV is A-OK.

WTF- that's all.

I am not critical or condemning of everything the Duggars choose to believe and/or do with raising their family, and even support and agree with some of it. However, this. ^^^

I agree with the above quote. The Duggars have no awareness of where to draw a line.

Jill and the flashcards with James.

Jessa and the very childishly expressed note with Ben.

Anna and the baby on the toilet delivery.

Michelle and the "Just think, you could be a grandma a year from now" with Ben's mom.

They don't get it. They don't seem to understand, at all, where the disconnect begins with others. Even in terms of serving, they busy themselves with this ministry and that mission trip and so on and so on....because it's important to serve and reach others for Christ. I, myself, am a Christian and I get that at face value. But to then bring on the legalism, where they cannot possibly associate with others who are not their "kind" of Christian, to justify biblically separating themselves from those who don't live life exactly as they do, is both pious and exluding,...excluding the very people they should desire to reach with ministry and service.

But they are too disconnected to realize how short they fall. Sad.

At some point the backlash against this family will become unbearable for certain members of this family. They are not taught critical thinking and other very valuable life skills. Right now it's still fun to watch the circus. JB & M don't get that while they have total control over their children while in the tth and in AR, it's a new world. One of internet and social media and people with differing opinions. They are basically sending their undereducated in school & life bigoted, hateful warriors into a war zone that isn't preaching to the fundie choir, it's hitting all demographics, countries etc. I really think at some point there will be fallout and it won't be JB & M who suffer. Way to go best parents ever.

Somebody was mentioning about the money train stopping. Put it this way I pull interest off a fund I have set up that is more than what most people make in one year. 4% sounds like crap unless you have over a million in an account. Do the math and it becomes clear how easy it is for those with more money (ie Duggars) to keep their money. Add that to Annuities, other proper investments, and write offs. ETA re-read this. Did not seem to come off rude, I was just thinking about it and wanted to get it out while it was still on my mind. Been meaning to post about it for weeks.

I know he is an incredible idiot, but he is money hungry and I am sure this is one way they live debt free. Also don't forget that tax money they get back each year for all their blessings. Can you imagine that??? Balance it out with write offs. This family is set. And controlled by a dictator puppet master.

I am not critical or condemning of everything the Duggars choose to believe and/or do with raising their family, and even support and agree with some of it. However, this. ^^^

I agree with the above quote. The Duggars have no awareness of where to draw a line.

Jill and the flashcards with James.

Jessa and the very childishly expressed note with Ben.

Anna and the baby on the toilet delivery.

Michelle and the "Just think, you could be a grandma a year from now" with Ben's mom.

They don't get it. They don't seem to understand, at all, where the disconnect begins with others. Even in terms of serving, they busy themselves with this ministry and that mission trip and so on and so on....because it's important to serve and reach others for Christ. I, myself, am a Christian and I get that at face value. But to then bring on the legalism, where they cannot possibly associate with others who are not their "kind" of Christian, to justify biblically separating themselves from those who don't live life exactly as they do, is both pious and exluding,...excluding the very people they should desire to reach with ministry and service.

But they are too disconnected to realize how short they fall. Sad.

Regarding the Duggars and religion:

I was active in the RC for about 45 years and I found that church to be very inclusive. I think where the Duggars get tripped up is in mixing Gothardism with their own particular brand of Christianity...and then wanting to sell people on that hybrid version of religion.

At some point the backlash against this family will become unbearable for certain members of this family. They are not taught critical thinking and other very valuable life skills. Right now it's still fun to watch the circus. JB & M don't get that while they have total control over their children while in the tth and in AR, it's a new world. One of internet and social media and people with differing opinions. They are basically sending their undereducated in school & life bigoted, hateful warriors into a war zone that isn't preaching to the fundie choir, it's hitting all demographics, countries etc. I really think at some point there will be fallout and it won't be JB & M who suffer. Way to go best parents ever.

Somebody was mentioning about the money train stopping. Put it this way I pull interest off a fund I have set up that is more than what most people make in one year. 4% sounds like crap unless you have over a million in an account. Do the math and it becomes clear how easy it is for those with more money (ie Duggars) to keep their money. Add that to Annuities, other proper investments, and write offs. ETA re-read this. Did not seem to come off rude, I was just thinking about it and wanted to get it out while it was still on my mind. Been meaning to post about it for weeks.

I know he is an incredible idiot, but he is money hungry and I am sure this is one way they live debt free. Also don't forget that tax money they get back each year for all their blessings. Can you imagine that??? Balance it out with write offs. This family is set. And controlled by a dictator puppet master.

OMG the Duggars better not be getting a tax refund for their kids! You may list them on your taxes but after a certain number (i thnk 3) you don't get the big deductions. We have to pay in, have 4 kids and barely make eniugh to pay the bills, but apparently Uncle Sam thinks feeding my kids is a luxury that shouldn't be expected. So yeah, if i even suspected they got a refund i would be furious!

Archived