IGNORED

Who, if anyone, is good enough for Jana?

zz22zz

I think that the longer she waits, the better off she will be. The longer she waits, the fewer children she will have. The fewer children she has, the better her life will be if she doesn't break free of the cult.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think she would know if she couldn't have kids. I don't think that doctors visits of that type are likely.

I think it's much more likely she was being saved by JB for someone high up in the cult, as others have suggested (Tim Tebow, ha!). If she does have some say, then it is likely that she hasn't liked any of the options yet... I don't think many get thru the JB filter and I can see the types seeking out the Duggars not being a good fit for her (based on what we do know of her which is she doesn't seem to seek the limelight).

JB will find someone for her, it will happen in "Gods Timing" :p

Didn't JB basically once say that Jana "hasn't felt it's the way the lord is leaning" and that Jinger "has not been interested in the guys."

I think there's a good likelihood that maybe a lot of the guys trying to court are either, as Jessa would say, weirdos, or obsessed fanboys like Bin. I think if you were in a situation where you couldn't go out and get to know guys on your own, and you had to have a filter that your Dad chose first, there's a very good likelihood that if there are guys that would be a good match for you, they wouldn't make it through the filter, and you might be stuck with a bunch of duds.

And, let's keep in mind, if Jana was a non fundie or even fundie lite, I don't think people would bat an eyelash at her being 25 and still unmarried. Maybe she just doesn't feel ready.

I don't know if this has already been talked about since I didn't look at every page...But what if the reason Jana hasn't been in a relationship is because she can't have children? It's extremely important to the Duggars for married couples to have babies. That is the main reason for marriage in many super Christian households. If she is unable to have kids for whatever reason she might not be allowed to marry. And if she has been taught that marriage is for reproducing then she might believe it as well and agree with her parents.

I don't know. Just a thought.

Its an interesting theory. In this instance, however, I think she probably hasn't liked any of the guys who have been interested in her.

Archived