IGNORED

Who, if anyone, is good enough for Jana?

zz22zz

I'm sorry to destroy your dreams.

But marrying a British royal means becoming a member of the Church of England... And the head of this Church is a WOMAN :pink-shock: !

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But marrying a British royal means becoming a member of the Church of England... And the head of this Church is a WOMAN :pink-shock: !

Would JB and Gothard have a problem with that...YES....Would Jana? I'm not as convinced.

And yes I know it's a pipe dream...probably more that. as far as I have ever read the Church of England is far from fundie beliefs more than the head being a woman.

Out of all the girls, I think Jana and Jinger are the two that are the "dreamers". They just look a little starry-eyed to me. I wonder what they talk about late at night in the girls' dorm now that Jill the tattle-tale and Jessa the strong, over-riding personality are gone? Do they ever talk to each other about doing something different in life than what their parents want for them... Lord, I hope so. But it just strikes me that Jinger is the one who rolls her eyes and Jana is the one who looks down or away when they don't really agree with some Biblical vomit that JB and Michelle are spewing, I wonder if they are the two who are most likely to make a run for it.

Would JB and Gothard have a problem with that...YES....Would Jana? I'm not as convinced.

And yes I know it's a pipe dream...probably more that. as far as I have ever read the Church of England is far from fundie beliefs more than the head being a woman.

Without JB's approval, Jana wouldn't even get to think about marrying a prince. Well, beyond the fictional Prince Charming she's told is waiting for her.

Also, the first seven, I think, in line for the throne need the Queen's approval and I can't imagine any planet on which Elizabeth gives permission to allow JB be grandfather to a royal

• 3 weeks later...

I think she should marry a christian but NOT a fundie. This way he would let her do what she wants to do and she could actully look happy

Jana is sweet but not worldly enough for any royalty to be interested in. The whole family comes off like rubes, frankly. They know very little about the outside world, much less becoming a royal ambassador for a royal family.

She seems like a sweet person, very much entrenched in personal perfection with every hair in place. Maybe it's taking her longer to "find herself" because she's introverted and a bit shy around others who are outside of the family.

Well there are a few reasons that this would work for Prince Harry and Jana

1. He has stated in interviews lately that he is having a lot of trouble finding someone who can handle royal life and is willing to take it on. Jana has been controlled, brow beaten by doctrine, and under a microscope her whole life, royal life would be a vacation.

2. They are age appropriate to one another 25 and 30

3. She is a virgin (most likely) and that was/is a HUGE deal to the royals until Fergie and Kate. I am old enough to remember Diana and Charles getting married and it was on the news that she passed royal doctor inspection and was still officially a virgin, ewwwwww but yep that was "important" at least at that time.

4. She can DEFINITELY keep sweet with the Queen, which even Kate has had to work at and she is about perfect for marrying a royal as can be.

5. She is probably willing to have kids, which is also a royal necessity to make sure there are line of heirs to the throne. Advantage for Jana is that after 3 kids the Queen would probably say 'good job Jana, Harry time for a snip'

6. The Queen would be their headship, not Harry or JB.

7. Prince Charles is big on furnishing wardrobes for his daughters in law and unlike a lot of the trust fund ladies Harry has dated in the past Jana would follow Kate's lead and re wear her outfits to multiple events.

8. She need to live in England, so wouldn't have to see the Arkansas bunch, unless she wanted to

9. I'm sure there is a job for John David somewhere on the royal compound , plus both William and Harry are pilots so they have something in common.

10. They would have cute kids and their kids would have normal names since the Queen gets final approval.

So Dear Kate, please invite Jana for tea....you know if Charlotte or George fusses she will be the best baby helper visitor you've ever had!

I know I'm a dreamer but if Frank Sun, Tim Tebow (he's kind of a douche anyway but then again Jana knows a thing or two about douchey guys, Josh and JB for starters) aren't interested then dreams are what we need.

All I pray is she doesn't wind up with her very own pecan thief. And for the record yes I'm okay if she never marries, I just would like her to find happiness.

Interesting that a lot of posters suggest that someone from Europe would be good for her. Why is that? Because she doesn't talk as much as the others or maybe because she doesn't have such a "loud" personality?

Also: There's no way she would have a chance with anyone from European nobility, let alone the british royal family. European aristocracy play by their own rules and if you don't "obey" you are out of the circle. They usually marry within the absolute elite: very well connected, very wealthy (not Duggar wealthy, but RICH!), and highly educated (starting with private school from the age of 12 or so, if not earlier), a university degree of some sort is almost a must. Until a few decades ago you could only marry other nobles, but that has changed, as long as you fit the other criteria (although for a lot of families it still is a must! e.g. the Liechtensteins).

The idea of Jana marrying into European nobility is nice, and she would have the right kind of personality (AND looks!) to pull it off, but the hard facts do not fit. Also Europe would be to much of a cultural shock for her.

Interesting that a lot of posters suggest that someone from Europe would be good for her. Why is that? Because she doesn't talk as much as the others or maybe because she doesn't have such a "loud" personality?

Also: There's no way she would have a chance with anyone from European nobility, let alone the british royal family. European aristocracy play by their own rules and if you don't "obey" you are out of the circle. They usually marry within the absolute elite: very well connected, very wealthy (not Duggar wealthy, but RICH!), and highly educated (starting with private school from the age of 12 or so, if not earlier), a university degree of some sort is almost a must. Until a few decades ago you could only marry other nobles, but that has changed, as long as you fit the other criteria (although for a lot of families it still is a must! e.g. the Liechtensteins).

The idea of Jana marrying into European nobility is nice, and she would have the right kind of personality (AND looks!) to pull it off, but the hard facts do not fit. Also Europe would be to much of a cultural shock for her.

Maybe it's just the hope that Jana will get as far from her family as she can. Short of Australia or South Africa, Europe is probably the best place for her to adjust to.

But, honestly, I don't pair her with anyone well known out there. IF she marries someone from another country, I imagine it'd be one of those "met in a coffee house" situations, which is unlikely cause she's a Duggar and not allowed to talk to boys.

She is more stuck than ever. She will end up with ILPB/ATI leadership type family and dutifully start making babies before her anniversary nears.

so, who are the single fundie men?

Too bad the Arndts aren't real candidates. They seem like gentle guys that would treat Jana like a treasure/penguin/duck. That wouldn't be a bad thing.

I so, so, so, want Jana to fall in love in the simple, old-fashioned way.

She pops into Starbucks to get a quick coffee, leaving her accountability partners in the car. In the queue she looks up, her eyes meet those of the guy in front of her and he smiles. And BOOM! The click.

And even though it's "wrong" she smiles back. And when he says hi she answers. And the whole time, they're looking at each other and their hearts are filling up, because this is it. And it's bigger than Jimbob and Michelle's shit, it's bigger than anything because it's the first time Jana has felt loved in her entire life.

I want him to be better looking than Ben, have a better job than Derrick, have a lovely normal down to earth family and in particular a warm loving mum. And I want him to adore every hair on Jana's head and treat her like a queen. Two babies, eventually, after they've travelled and had fun for a few years.

Hey, I can dream..... :)

She is more stuck than ever. She will end up with ILPB/ATI leadership type family and dutifully start making babies before her anniversary nears.

so, who are the single fundie men?

Too bad the Arndts aren't real candidates. They seem like gentle guys that would treat Jana like a treasure/penguin/duck. That wouldn't be a bad thing.

The Staddon, Wilkes, and Paine families are ATI high rollers (I could be wrong about the Wilkeses--I'm not very familiar with them) who have unmarried sons around her age. She probably rubs shoulders with them when she does JTTH stuff, but I don't know if she's been recently.

I do not think Jana will marry a fundie.

I do not seeing her marrying until she breaks free and is a private citizen, which might not happen until the youngest girls are grown.

Jana strikes me as a person who would prefer a much quieter household and lifestyle, not a zoo. Funny, Jill presents as the type who would love a circus to entertain, yet seemingly lacks the skills and coping mechanisms to accomplish such. Jana, IMO, could almost certainly successfully pull off such a lifestyle, yet may not prefer to engage. I guess with Jana it's because she's already done all that while raising her siblings.

I just hope that Jana is living this life because SHE has choosen it.

Anyone feel like the remaining single Duggar adult kids and younger kids will be "damaged goods" to other fundie families for awhile? I think so. Who wants to risk possible new revelations about Josh or the other siblings? Even if they support the Duggars and how they dealt with Josh's "problems," I can't help but see them a bit tarnished to fundie fathers who might be considering a match for their daughters or sons.

Anyone feel like the remaining single Duggar adult kids and younger kids will be "damaged goods" to other fundie families for awhile? I think so. Who wants to risk possible new revelations about Josh or the other siblings? Even if they support the Duggars and how they dealt with Josh's "problems," I can't help but see them a bit tarnished to fundie fathers who might be considering a match for their daughters or sons.

Sadly, I agree. It's not so much that I think fundies will look at the girls as damaged goods. It's that their brother is the one that did this and fundies are the types of people to think its in the bloodline. Sort of, Josh has the devil in him and the other must as well.

I don't "like" her, but I think she's basically a blank slate fans fan write whatever they want her to be on. Like, Jana must not want to get married because she isn't yet! Or poor CinderJana can't court because she's the head slave. Or Jana is over the whole fundie thing because she's quietly seething all the time. Or Jana is so maternal that she doesn't want to court and marry and leave her charges without her.

Who knows what Jana is like. She seems boring as hell and personality free. But I'm quiet and probably would too on tv. To me, she seems like all her spunk has been beaten out of her, whether literally or figuratively I don't know.

Sadly, I agree. It's not so much that I think fundies will look at the girls as damaged goods. It's that their brother is the one that did this and fundies are the types of people to think its in the bloodline. Sort of, Josh has the devil in him and the other must as well.

I think so too that with this scandal, the Duggars, even if no fundie will ever admit that publicly, tumbled down quite a few levels in the fundie hierarchy.

Which for the kids could be bad news or good news. Bad news, if they are forced to marry people who are also considered "damaged goods", and that because of really bad reasons, not because of some shit like consensual teenage kissing or something like that.

But it could also be good for them, because if Boob can't marry them off to fundie royalty, he might be willing to consider a broader range of people as potential spouses, so guys like the Arndt boys, or men/women who are fundie-lite, could become an option.

I could see Jana with a gentle, considerate man who is fundie-lite or even a run-of-the-mill conservative Christian.

A Chad Paine clone for Jana would be nice. Sure, he's as Fundie as they come, but he seems to be sweet, loyal, loving and he lived in a Pepto Pink bedroom, just to make Erin happy. Plus he's rather cute in a vanilla cream sort of way...and very fit. Doesn't he have a brother or cousin or friend?

Actually, I find it extremely hard to believe that there have not been several men wanting to court Jana. I suspect Jim Boob put them all off because they didn't want their workhorse to leave until they had wrung her dry and the howlers were grown.

And if Prince Charles ascends to the throne, the Church of England will have its first divorced Supreme Governor.

I do not think Jana will marry a fundie.

I do not seeing her marrying until she breaks free and is a private citizen, which might not happen until the youngest girls are grown.

Jana strikes me as a person who would prefer a much quieter household and lifestyle, not a zoo. Funny, Jill presents as the type who would love a circus to entertain, yet seemingly lacks the skills and coping mechanisms to accomplish such. Jana, IMO, could almost certainly successfully pull off such a lifestyle, yet may not prefer to engage. I guess with Jana it's because she's already done all that while raising her siblings.

I just hope that Jana is living this life because SHE has choosen it.

Honestly, I don't have any hope that any of these kids will get out of marrying fundies or fundie potentials. And, sadly, with Jana being the only one of the girls who isn't a victim, I see her getting hitched to an actual fundie, rather than a Derick or Ben type fundie. Afterall, she's the "purest of them all" and "knows how to not lead men into temptation."

I don't "like" her, but I think she's basically a blank slate fans fan write whatever they want her to be on. Like, Jana must not want to get married because she isn't yet! Or poor CinderJana can't court because she's the head slave. Or Jana is over the whole fundie thing because she's quietly seething all the time. Or Jana is so maternal that she doesn't want to court and marry and leave her charges without her.

Who knows what Jana is like. She seems boring as hell and personality free. But I'm quiet and probably would too on tv. To me, she seems like all her spunk has been beaten out of her, whether literally or figuratively I don't know.

I agree with every word of this. There's nothing there with Jana. I'd like to think that her tv presence is deliberately nondescript and boring because she doesn't want the attention, but because of that I can't begin to guess what she's really like.

You have a point. Whatever they may post, not matter how weird, on April 1st, you know that it's not a joke.

April Fool's Day in Maxhell would be like every other day in their achingly dull lives.

Ed Sheeran!

Just kidding :D he seems more like a Jinger guy, and not just because he has red hair. :D

*ducks and runs*

I think Jana could do well in South Africa, because a lot of whites there are calvinists and would probably welcome her warmly. The general public seems to be more religious than Aussies or Europeans.

Archived