IGNORED

Who, if anyone, is good enough for Jana?

zz22zz

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both my parents were from 10+ kids families. On one side oldest daughter never married, she had to leave school every time a baby arrived, was so tired she would sleep walk, one night they found her in the kitchen sweeping the floor sound asleep. On the other side oldest daughter married, no kids. She was very talented, but never able to do anything with her talent because of the family situation. I've known several other families where the oldest daughter never married. I have a feeling that Jana isn't that interested in meeting someone and especially not interested in the whole televised courting and wedding circus. I like her and really do hope she has a future outside the TTH.

I know a lot of families where the oldest woman didn't marry, too. That said, I'm not totally convinced Jana wouldn't want to be married...I think sometimes the oldest just get too used to putting themselves last and it's harder to take the plunge into new things, especially when you are on the shy side.

A happy, successful, single life is great for many people, but I doubt Jana sees that as an option, unfortunately. I really hope she can get out of that shithole soon, whether through marriage or any other means. Especially if Jinger and Joy could be married in a few years. The idea that Jana could be "left behind" doing all the work Michelle doesn't feel like doing, and without her sisters to help, is just depressing.

Jim Bob HAS to know how much money they'll rake in if he can convince poor, shy Jana to televise a future wedding. People freaked out enough for Jill and Jessa's, but after all the media speculation about Jana...I think it'd be a really successful season.

Thing is... She competing with younger extroverted women like Jill And Jessa and the Bates girls. A young decent looking Fundie man with a job looking to start his own patriarchy is a hot commodity in these circles .... will he be attracted to her quiet beauty and calm personality?

I hope Jana and the other single females can live on her own without the need of marrying but like as said above it isn't an option. Jana could be content single as with the reports of her turning down suitors. We cant assume she is unhappy being single. Josh and Anna are only a year older and got almost 4 kids already. Maybe Jana sees the reality. In any case, I hope she does what she wants and not be influenced by public opinion or pressure from family.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, now what if.... Jana finds someone, or rather the Boob does, and she's oh say 30 or 35 years of age. Would she still be chaperoned????

Now this all hypothetical. I have a feeling she will remain the spinster aunt who will help out at home, and probably Jill and Anna with their broods. But, just what if? That would be just too weird! :pink-shock:

Once Jana is done taking care of all her parent's kids, she will then be needed to take care of those selfsame parents. :(

The second floor of the TTH is the biggest waste of space I've ever seen. They could've created SO many rooms, with 2-3 siblings in each room, but no. They had to stack them like cordwood and have a gallery instead.

THANK YOU. Are they afraid of the kids being in their own rooms or something?? It's ridiculous how much wasted space there is!

Lol yeah. I can still hear Michelle in the episode where they moved in , in her stupid and vapid baby voice, saying "this is what the kids wanted". Or something like that.....weirdos.

THANK YOU. Are they afraid of the kids being in their own rooms or something?? It's ridiculous how much wasted space there is!

Hell yes, they were afraid of kids being in their rooms alone and doing what the parents would perceive to be awful things under the blankets....

Big dormitory - more people in and out to make sure no such shenanigans go on.

I've read on here that Jana said she likes older guys and would be okay marrying someone who had been married with kids. Is this true?

I'm still thinking that Frank Sun (the camera guy) and Jana would have made a cute couple. If Jana is really going away to college then, please, Frank, write to her!!!! You can meet up!!!!

(snip)

I'm still thinking that Frank Sun (the camera guy) and Jana would have made a cute couple. If Jana is really going away to college then, please, Frank, write to her!!!! You can meet up!!!!

Yes, this!! I looked at Frank's blog a few times and he always seemed to have pictures of her on there... hmm, wonder why? :lol:

I hope once the show is finished she goes and does her thing, Go to school or apprenticeship( do they do apprenticeship like programs in the US?) find a man she likes not having to rely on courtship rules or shizz like that.

Jana is always so regal and calm and beautiful, she should go to Europe and marry a prince.

Whoever she marries

Please:

1 Make her happy enough to take that terrified look out of her eyes and put a real smile on her instead of that pained one we keep seeing.

2.Take her as far away from the Duggar compound as you can.

I hope once the show is finished she goes and does her thing, Go to school or apprenticeship( do they do apprenticeship like programs in the US?) find a man she likes not having to rely on courtship rules or shizz like that.

Apprenticeships are not really a thing in the US. Here it is college or trade school. Fundies do apprenticeships for boys but for girls there are only a few that would be acceptable, like midwifery for Jill. The expectation is that they will not work after marriage and it will be interesting to se if Jill does. I think Jana was only training to be a doula because Jill needed an a accountability buddy while she trained. I have seen no evidence that Jana did any doula work after Jill interrupted her training, I could see her a seamstress, making custom clothes or doing alterations at a bridal salon or someplace like that. I'm not sure her sewing skills are good enough though, most seamstresses in the US are immigrants who trained in countries where they do have apprenticeships. It is possible someone should take her and train her in high end sewing because of who she is but that wouldn't happen for most fundie women. The options of fundie girls are so limited by their upbringing,

For what it is worth, I still believe Jana did something "wrong." Maybe it was not courting Zach--the tv story line was perfect. Who knows? I think, like Josh, she'll end up with an "unknown" who has not been "spotted" with her. Surely John has been told to "keep an eye out" for someone for her. I think they could both just suddenly announce not the whole courtship thing, but just an engagement and enjoy having the last laugh on us for getting to the altar unnoticed. There is real pressure on Jim-Bob, I'm sure, to get John married. There's no way he isn't financially "ready." Joe is "parked" at college and Josiah? Probably stuck working for HQ till like Davy Waller he finds a willing girl. My other thought on Jana is, having helped raise umpteen kids she's putting it off as long as possible in the only way acceptable.

Whoever any of these kids end up with, I just hope the spouse is decent and caring.

It is scary to me what these fathers, Maxwell/Duggar/etc, think is going to happen to their spinster SAHD after their deaths. I guess they have tons of savings or life insurance.

It would be difficult for someone like Sarah Maxwell or Jana Duggar to break into the job market when they are in their 30's, have never held a job, don't have formal education of any kind, etc.

A lot of job success is not just being able to do the job. It's being able to get to work on time, work all the expected days, work all day long, get along with colleagues who may be very different from you.

I really can't see the right man for Jana. I jokingly said someone like Tim Tebow because Tebow can out-alpha JB but that didn't go over well with Tebow lol.

For what it is worth, I still believe Jana did something "wrong." Maybe it was not courting Zach--the tv story line was perfect. Who knows? I think, like Josh, she'll end up with an "unknown" who has not been "spotted" with her. Surely John has been told to "keep an eye out" for someone for her. I think they could both just suddenly announce not the whole courtship thing, but just an engagement and enjoy having the last laugh on us for getting to the altar unnoticed. There is real pressure on Jim-Bob, I'm sure, to get John married. There's no way he isn't financially "ready." Joe is "parked" at college and Josiah? Probably stuck working for HQ till like Davy Waller he finds a willing girl. My other thought on Jana is, having helped raise umpteen kids she's putting it off as long as possible in the only way acceptable.

Whoever any of these kids end up with, I just hope the spouse is decent and caring.

Speaking of John (or Josh) being told to keep an eye out for - Josiah went to the Philipines with Nathan and Lawson Bates. That is not above suspicion even though Josiah appears to be on the 'strong willed 'adult' child list. Maybe he'll get out of ALERT prison if he can nab an appropriate yes man for JB to pair up with Jana/Jinger. Ditto with Joe parked at Crown College.

Jana may wish to be single or perhaps waiting to marry later in life. Quiet people can be big thinkers. Marrying later would mean less children and the family not in the spot light. I'd be happy to see her go and help Jill rather than stay at the TTH. Agree with above post about joy and jinger leaving would mean more little siblings to look after. Jana might also be aware of her parents lack of parenting. For this Jana may genuinely want to raise the second wave children. :shrug:

Archived