IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Snark for Season 10

MatthewDuggar

Whoa HandMaiden of Dog.....Back off the ugly.

Whoa. I'm definitely not trying to be ugly, I'm trying to be honest. I think $20,000 is an absurd amount of money to spend on one day if you are an ordinary citizen. Those of us who got married can probably testify that wedding ceremonies and receptions are fraught with tensions and anxiety and nervousness and that's only for a simple, do-it-yourself deal. I can't even imagine the tension you would bring about by spending a fortune on the day and expecting everything to go perfectly. I meant what I said about hoping the day is worth $20,000 in good memories, because when all is said and done it IS just one day which will be over quickly and all you are left with is photographs and memory.

Third, we don't care about having a "big day" to remember. We do want to be able to provide good good, good drinks, entertainment, and make sure our guests are comfortable - those are our priorities

Seriously? You are spending tens of thousands of dollars just to make other people comfortable? What I find very disingenuous is this idea that you are trying to reinforce that nobody in NY can get married for less than that amount-- or indeed that tens of thousands needs to be spent in order for everyone to have a good time and be comfortable. That's just not possible for most people and I would hate to think anybody getting married thinks they need to start married life deep in debt just so they can have a decent wedding.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.

Apparently, the Duggar's have a "big announcement" for this weeks episode. I hope it's not a pregnancy announcement for Jessa or Michelle :angry-banghead: Ohh, the suspense is going to kill me *gag*

Whoa. I'm definitely not trying to be ugly, I'm trying to be honest. I think $20,000 is an absurd amount of money to spend on one day if you are an ordinary citizen. Those of us who got married can probably testify that wedding ceremonies and receptions are fraught with tensions and anxiety and nervousness and that's only for a simple, do-it-yourself deal. I can't even imagine the tension you would bring about by spending a fortune on the day and expecting everything to go perfectly. I meant what I said about hoping the day is worth $20,000 in good memories, because when all is said and done it IS just one day which will be over quickly and all you are left with is photographs and memory.

Seriously? You are spending tens of thousands of dollars just to make other people comfortable? What I find very disingenuous is this idea that you are trying to reinforce that nobody in NY can get married for less than that amount-- or indeed that tens of thousands needs to be spent in order for everyone to have a good time and be comfortable. That's just not possible for most people and I would hate to think anybody getting married thinks they need to start married life deep in debt just so they can have a decent wedding.

You're making a lot of assumptions. Not once did I ever say that everyone has to spend that type of money nor did I say people have to spend that type of money for a wedding. I also did not mention anything about going into debt in order to pay for a wedding - if someone wants to that's their business not mine, but it would never be something I would encourage or suggest. The way I see it you should have the wedding you can afford, which is what we are doing. As it stands, my guy and I have more than we need in savings and bonds to pay for this wedding without help from others. We won't be taking out loans in order to finance our wedding.

Of course it's possible to do things differently and spend more or less - I never implied otherwise. As I mentioned in other posts, we have reasons why that wasn't an option we wanted to go with and we are making as many cuts as we can. We may very well come in under our budget of $20,000 - we can't know for sure until the wedding is closer.

Our guests are one of the biggest priorities we have - they are the people we love most and we want to treat them well. They have supported us through the years - the least we can do is try to make them comfortable. We aren't inviting more people than we can afford to feed well not are we creating a registry - we have what we need and the only thing we want is to be surrounded by those we care about. I honestly don't see why that is considered wrong or odd when people have criticized the Duggars for doing the exact opposite. I guess you can't win either way.

I appreciate your views on this topic; honestly, I do because it makes me think harder about our choices and whether we are doing what's in our best interest. I understand you think we're making bad choices. Obviously we aren't about to agree on everything other than not going into debt and not treating any guests badly. I suggest we allow the conversation to move elsewhere.

[search][/search]

J'chelle being pregnant would definitely be one of the few things that would completely break the internet.

I want to say it's not the sex of m4 nor the BJ pregnancy bc that's boring and an obvious at this point. But since their "big" news two weeks ago was Jill's pregnancy, it probably is something stupid like that. And given the alternatives, I hope it is.

I'm guessing it's either the sex of Smuggar four or some sort of Baby Dilly update - probably something we already know about.

For the couples I referenced, their parents have footed the entire bill. One family has 3 daughters and just had 2 back-to-back weddings- YIKES!

However, like I said, I think a downpayment for a house with a smaller, less expensive wedding would have been a more logical use of the funds.

J'chelle being pregnant would definitely be one of the few things that would completely break the internet.

I want to say it's not the sex of m4 nor the BJ pregnancy bc that's boring and an obvious at this point. But since their "big" news two weeks ago was Jill's pregnancy, it probably is something stupid like that.And given the alternatives, I hope it is.

The name of the "special" made us think the Duggars had an announcement. This time I think we're getting actual news.

It could be the sex of M4(I think it will be announced later this season)or a Seewald pregnancy announcement. It could be a courtship/engagement.

Didn't Josh first offer the tease about the reveal on his social media?

Isn't Tuesday Josh's birthday?

Sex of M-4 for 2000, Alex-

Didn't Josh first offer the tease about the reveal on his social media?

Isn't Tuesday Josh's birthday?

Sex of M-4 for 2000, Alex-

Yeah, probably the M4 gender reveal. Or else somebody is going on a trip that we've probably already heard about.

I don't know if anyone has already posted this, but here's the youtube link for last week's episodes.

youtube.com/watch?v=F6b_5amTceE

"I had an issue with that," Josh says with a laugh. "Everyone knows who holds the title of 'Sexiest Duggar Alive' and that's me."

:brain-bleach:

. . . I think I just vomited in my mouth a little.

"Some people think I'm not happy unless I'm pregnant," Anna says. "Marcus just celebrated his first birthday and I was thinking, 'My baby is growing up.' There is a desire to have more children, but also keep the balance of enjoying what God has given you and enjoy the children we have."

"I've done the math, and there is no way we can have 20 kids that I can figure," Josh says. "But the reason most people don't have a large family is because they feel the financial pressures. It's tough to have so many kids in today's world.

I don't know if they are being honest here or not, but I do find it interesting that they've said this to a national publication. Any thoughts?

Last week Josh tweeted that they have a big announcement to make.. So what do you think it will be?

I think it will just be a gender reveal of grandduggar #5, but maybe Jessa will be pregnant or something else

Last week Josh tweeted that they have a big announcement to make.. So what do you think it will be?

I think it will just be a gender reveal of grandduggar #5, but maybe Jessa will be pregnant or something else

Someone posted in another thread about this - apparently, People ran an article already revealing the baby is a girl. So either the Smuggars screwed up TLC's announcement or the news is something else.

Someone posted in another thread about this - apparently, People ran an article already revealing the baby is a girl. So either the Smuggars screwed up TLC's announcement or the news is something else.

Where was this article? And why hasn't it been talked about?

Though, let's be honest, TLC constantly "announces" things after the magazines already ran stories about it. I mean they're still acting like none of us know the details of Jessa's wedding.

The People article was so weird and poorly written. It was vague and weird and I don't know how else to describe it.

The People article was so weird and poorly written. It was vague and weird and I don't know how else to describe it.

Agree about the article!!

Please let this stupid announcement be about anything else! I am tired of the pregnancy, gender, courtship rotation! Who cares!

I applaud Josh's statement ["I've done the math, and there is no way we can have 20 kids that I can figure," Josh says.]-- its a baby step, I know--but its still counts, in my mind. He's gone on record to imply that he doesn't want 19 kids and even if he did, Anna's fertility patterns make it extremely improbable. Sure, they aren't using birth control, but they don't plan to take every opportunity possible to get knocked up again, like Michelle & JB apparently do.

Archived