IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's Part 2

Mama Mia

Check this "tip" out! She says "Now, my friends will say, "Sometimes the child needs to know why. They will eventually need to learn to make these decisions for themselves." Yes. But not when they are young (by young I mean under 20). " She actually thinks anyone under 20 shouldn't be making decisions for themselves???

If I tell little Johnny to let me look at his paper, he should reply with something like, "Yes Ma'am. Here you go." It doesn't matter one little bit if Johnny wants me to see his paper. It doesn't matter the teensiest if he feels invaded. I say to hand it over, he hands it over. I know things he doesn't understand. I know what's best for him. I am responsible to help him become a great man of God.

If they argue, I mean any argument AT ALL, then you are not teaching them about God's wisdom. If they fail to obey AT ALL then they are not learning to respond to Him with reverence. If they whine ONE BIT then they may never fully know His goodness and mercy on their life.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine being in my mid-20's and having ZERO privacy and being treated as a child. Having 4 older siblings I'm sure Faith saw the writing on the wall and could expect another several years living as a child if she stayed in that home.

The more I read about this Sovereign Citizen's movement, the more I'm convinced this was the motivation behind the kids not being documented. At any rate what the hell kind of CPA doesn't file his own taxes?!?!?! I would never want this guy to do my taxes, though I suspect the reason he got his law degree is so he can be the H&R Block of SC's and know how to tie up his client's IRS issues in court.

Wow, the Nest folks were onto Lisa long before we were. Bravo!

I found this quote of Lisa's particularly interesting

Think of your relationship with your children as an image of your relationship with God.

So basically, Lisa thinks she is God.

I'm working on archiving the blog too...I can start from the beginning and try to work my way to the middle.

ETA: I archived pages 17-46 and all of the parenting tips (though it appears several others have been working on the parenting tips). Don't have time to get to the modesty posts if someone wants to tackle those.

According to Faith it was because her paternal grandfather had abandoned his family and her father didn't want to have his last name. So he took his mother's maiden name. Both Faith and Jacob said the name change occurred many years ago.

Oddly, the official name change only occurred in 2014 but it appears he was using the Pennington name before that. These people are so weird.

you know, if the dad and mom are the only documented citizens, then they are really the only ones who needed to legally change their names, right? Since the children weren't documented as born, they have no names!

I can't imagine being in my mid-20's and having ZERO privacy and being treated as a child. Having 4 older siblings I'm sure Faith saw the writing on the wall and could expect another several years living as a child if she stayed in that home.

The more I read about this Sovereign Citizen's movement, the more I'm convinced this was the motivation behind the kids not being documented. At any rate what the hell kind of CPA doesn't file his own taxes?!?!?! I would never want this guy to do my taxes, though I suspect the reason he got his law degree is so he can be the H&R Block of SC's and know how to tie up his client's IRS issues in court.

These stories make the Grandfather's story make so much more sense.

I that was my grandchild's situation I would have a bed ready at all times. "Sure sweetie hop in let's go blow this pop stand!"

I don't think this has been posted. If so, delete.

One little swat and he screamed. "No screaming" I'd say (in a very gentle way....I always spoke gently and calmly) and give him another little swat. When he'd stop I'd tell him again to say "Hi Mommy." Nope. Swat. Cry. Swat. This went on for about 30 minutes. I'd cradle him and rock him and he would be soothed, then I'd tell him again, "Say 'Hi Mommy.' " over and over.

Finally, when I was trying to decide if he would get dinner or not (I was actually thinking I would give him something else besides the pizza that everyone else was having because he is too young to go without a meal), he leaned his head on my shoulder and said, "Hi Mommy." and it was over.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Okay. I figured out how to use the archive and have begun with the Toddler Parenting Tips. For the poster who was asking, I found the original post regarding Lisa's advice to pinch a toddler who doesn't want to stay on the changing table. It's under Intentionally Parenting Your Toddler, Part 2.

Here's a post from 2009 in which she states they don't get birth certificates or SSN for their children:

You might be interested in the fact that we don't get birth certificates or social security numbers for our children. So, theoretically, we could change their name whenever we want to. But then what would I do with all of those monogrammed baby blankets!

I have the screen shot of this 2009 post:

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

No More Comments

As you may have noticed, I have disabled the comments on my blog.

Some groups, who do not have the courage to post with their names, have targeted me. They do not approve of the way I train my sweet, darling children. So they have bombarded me with vicious, mean comments. It's so sad that people think they need to swear and threaten to make their point.

I don't feel any need to defend myself. I know that I am a wonderful mother and I treat my children with love and gentleness. If you know me in real life, you know that my children are happy and joyful people. If you know me in real life then you also know that I didn't come up with these ideas....they are all from Scripture.

I write child training tips on my blog because I get so many questions from people I meet. They want to know what we do that has created such a peaceful, loving home. So occasionally I write about it. Even if I were to stop writing about it, it won't change how we manage our home and how we love our children.

It's kind of an honor, really. That so many people would think anything I have to say is important enough to give it this much attention. So thanks to all of you for coming.

I pray that the bitterness in your hearts will lift and you will see the love of Christ in your lives.

As for me, I'm going to go hug my babies one more time before I go to bed. All of this has made me incredibly grateful that they aren't being raised by the kinds of monsters that are leaving these comments. I can only imagine how wild and out of control their children are. I'll bet they're a delight to sit next to in a restaurant.

Yeah, she definitely scrubbed her Parenting Tips. I specifically remember a post in which she stated that if her kids whined or cried about not getting a toy at the store, she would tell them that they need to be more grateful and make them give up a couple of the toys they had. I'm paraphrasing, but it was something along those lines. She scrubbed some others that I remember reading, too.

SolomonFundy - I keep trying to snip quote from your post, but I'm apparently extra-stupid today and can't get it to turn out right.

I just finished reading the comments about Lisa's old blog. :o I love that they call it the crazylady blog. It's terrible that she over-shared so much about her kids. One of her posts talked negatively about her most difficult child and had a picture of him. Real nice, huh? The current storm of negative feedback should be old hat to Lisa since it's been happening since 2009.

NurseNell - please see my note to SolomonFundy

She actually wrote that the toddler was not old enough to go without a meal! That means that once the kids are old enough, she thinks it's fine to deprive food as a punishment. That is not okay at all in my book. Take away dessert, fine, but not dinner itself.

edited because I can't use words correctly today

Just a quick advisory that I've posted a media story about "sovereign citizens" on the Wide World of Snark board so that it didn't threadjack this one. Folks who consider themselves "sovereign" really can be a threat to others, in addition to being mean/nuts just generally. Just FYI, we now return you to the discussion of Alecia Faith and her progenitors.

I am way to emotionally involved in this for now. I need to take a break for the weekend and enjoy my family. I need to say the way the siblings are treating her is so appalling so much for prodigal daughter. I am trying to imagine a similar situation, and being embarrassed publically by my kids like that, even falsely, how I would feel and what I would do. I certainly would beg the other kids to leave it alone, and if they wouldn't I would publicly say I don't agree with their actions. I would also ask others not to call her names and let it calm down. I would try counseling and offer them to choose the person. I don't know what else. People who are friends of the family are calling her all sorts of names. I cannot imagine what I would do if a friend of mine did that. Or someone posing as my friend. And there is this boy trying really hard to impress Grace just attacking everyone. Its impossible to argue with Grace. She makes no sense and misses the point completely and you can tell she is so proud of her arguing skills and really believes she is "winning". I truly am sickened by this.

edited to add If anyone comes up with something we can do to further help Faith let me know I am al in if I can help. This is not what a loving family does. They could of quietly complied and then just left it. A person I care about was abused horribly as a kid and even though they have been out of the situation longer than they have been in it, they still sometimes don't understand how wrong the family was.

Putting aside the fact that my heart aches for Faith (and for her other siblings, who are still marinating in the Kool-Aid): I am taking a grim pleasure in seeing the Penningtons' house of cards collapse. It took just one determined teenaged girl to stand up and demand her right to a legal identity, and now her parents are frantically scrambling to do damage control. A CPA who hasn't filed an income tax return in nearly 20 years? A sociopath who hides dangerous control issues behind a pretty blog and cheery wording? I hope they both end up in the slammer.

That is REALLY disturbing.

What a great way to teach your kids to love you... out of fear.

I am just surprised that Lisa is allowing people who are defending her to call Faith. There is a person named Sarah Lucas who is defending Lisa against many of the commenters on the Pennington Point facebook page and has repeatively called Faith a spolied brat. What mother allows anybody to disparage her daughter no matter what the relationship is like.

here's also this excerpt that came out a bit ago on thebump or something:

anyone remember this from a christian child-rearing blog? it was posted about a year ago:

This has been a long afternoon for Mommy and Baby. When I got him up from his nap I said to him (like I do every day), "Say 'Hi Mommy!' " But this afternoon, instead of his usual, "Hi Mommy!" he said nothing. He refused, I mean refused, to say it.

It occurred to me that I haven't shared with you one of my favorite child training tips for babies. Here it is:

You can make a baby do things. For example, if you say, "Pick that up" and they won't do it, you can lead them to the item, take their little hand and make them pick it up.

But there are four things you can NOT make a baby do.

1. Sleep

2. Eat/swallow

3. Poop/pee

4. Speak

In this case, Baby wouldn't say something that I told him to say. It wasn't like he just looked around and did something else. He was obviously disobeying me.

Like I said, I can't make him speak. But I can make him sit; I can make him open a book; I can make him come to me when called. But there is no way to make him speak. So what do I do? I'm glad you asked.

I make him miserable, absolutely miserable. At first I called the other children in and I said, "Say 'Hi Mommy' " and they would repeat, "Hi Mommy". Baby could see their example. He would say hi to them, but not to me. More proof that he is deliberately not obeying me.

Next I got out his favorite snack (he is in my arms this whole time....no opportunity to go anywhere else or be entertained). He reached for it. "Say Hi Mommy". Nothing. I would call in a couple of the little boys. I'd tell them to say it and when they did, I gave them a bit of the snack. Baby would reach for it and I would pull back. "Say 'Hi Mommy' ". It apparently wasn't worth it to him. OK, we'll figure out what is worth it.

I took him back into my room where he begged to see G&G's picture on the computer (this is one of his favorite things to do). "Say 'Hi Mommy' " Nope. Finally I sat him on my lap facing me and when I told him to say it he shook his head, no. So I got my teeny, tiny baby spanker. It's a little back scratcher that barely stings, but it's great for babies.

One little swat and he screamed. "No screaming" I'd say (in a very gentle way....I always spoke gently and calmly) and give him another little swat. When he'd stop I'd tell him again to say "Hi Mommy." Nope. Swat. Cry. Swat. This went on for about 30 minutes. I'd cradle him and rock him and he would be soothed, then I'd tell him again, "Say 'Hi Mommy.' " over and over.

Finally, when I was trying to decide if he would get dinner or not (I was actually thinking I would give him something else besides the pizza that everyone else was having because he is too young to go without a meal), he leaned his head on my shoulder and said, "Hi Mommy." and it was over.

All of the children cheered when I brought him out. He was exhausted, but he got a little snack and a special drink.

Now he's happily eating his dinner and saying "Hi Mommy" all I want.

The victory for me isn't that he will say "Hi Mommy", but that he understands that he has to do what I say. This is a lesson that will carry on into his future and keep him safe and secure. It will help to lead him to that greater relationship with our Lord. Obedience to Christ will come easier to him because of what we have taught him in these formative years.

Of course, I didn't get done what I had planned this afternoon. We had to order pizza because I couldn't make dinner. I had to set everything aside to do this. But I never wished for anything else. It was a great opportunity to spend these precious moments with my sweet boy."

Apparently, people were calling CPS on her and now her blog is changed to invitation only.

This is the post, in it's entirety. I could not find the original, on Lisa's Parenting Tips, only the scrubbed version. I archived them both.

What the everloving fuck? Beating a baby because he wouldn't say "hi mommy"? What kind of shit is this? The woman is looney tunes. The more I read the more I want to beat the shit out of HER!

RUN FAITH RUN!!!!

I found this quote of Lisa's particularly interesting

So basically, Lisa thinks she is God.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
That, like many of the things Lisa says, is pure Michael Pearl. From To Train Up a Child:

SEEING GOD IN DADDY AND MAMMA

When the child is young, the parents are the only "god" he knows. As he awakens to Divine realities, it is through his earthly father that he understands his heavenly Father. Fathers (and mothers also), you are the window through which your young child understands God. A child learns of the character of God through observing the parents. The parents do not have to be perfect, just a mini-caricature representing a balance of God's personality. All that God is in infiniteness, the parents should display in the finite. The parents need not be all-powerful, just the child's source of strength. The parents do not have to be all-wise, just wise enough to guide the child and warrant admiration. The parents need not be sinless, just demonstrate a commitment to the good and holy. As the child sees the parents' humble dependence on and love for God, because he loves and respects his parents, he will love and honor the one the parents love.

As the child relates to the figurehead of authority (his parents), in like manner he will later be prone to relate to God. If, when the parents say, "No," they do not mean '"No," then the "thou shalt not" of God will not be taken seriously either. Children with cruel fathers usually mature with a foreboding of their heavenly Father. Those disciplined to lovingly obey their earthly fathers are more ready to obey their heavenly Father.

Not to say that lots of individual assholes couldn't have come up with this shit on their own, or passed it along by word of mouth -- I'm sure they do.

If, in fact, Lisa got any of her ideas from To Train Up a Child or the No Greater Joy website, I would be willing to bet that the only reason she didn't credit them is that her big ego wouldn't allow it.

But, if she has ever mentioned them, or if the book is in their house, it would add another aspect to the media attention, which I think would be good.

Finally found these quotes on page 7 of Pennington Part 1. Someone posted the link, but when you click on it now,it goes to the scrubbed version. Man, this woman is a piece of work. :cray-cray: :twisted:

If a child begs for things at the store, they don’t appreciate what they have. First of all, I would never buy them what they are asking for. Then I would take them home and choose 3 things from their room (YOU choose, not them) for them to give away. Not put on a shelf, not take away for a while, GIVE away. The less they have, the more they will appreciate their things.

If a child uses their money only for themselves, they are selfish. I would have them work really hard for very little pay, then tell them they have to use that pay to buy something for someone else.

Reading this makes me so sad for this child. :cry: This woman is evil. Pure evil.

My kids would "beg" for stuff too...I'd just tell them no and that would be it. They rarely asked though...they all got stuff whenever.

The only time I "made" them give away stuff is when we'd sort through the toys and there were things they hadn't played with, lost interest in...whatever. That was done twice a year, in the spring and between thanksgiving and Christmas.

This woman is out of her mind.

Archived