IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's Part 2

Mama Mia

I never found Jacob's comments on help me prove it. Aw shit, I don't want to go back there. Based on siblings comments, I think the friction went deeper than just with the parents. :roll: :music-tool:

Me neither. Anyone know what he said?

Yeah, I know some of the other details. Not stuff I will share publicly of course, but deeper friction...yes, accurate guess.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grace seems to be under the illusion that being late to work on one occasion always results in getting fired--this is her justification for the draconian punishment of being grounded for a week if she isn't up and dressed by 7 AM. I think most jobs are probably like mine: first instance of lateness = getting spoken to; second occurrence = letter; third = pay docked. Getting fired is WAY WAY WAY down the line, and the only person I know of who was fired for disciplinary reasons was habitually late because he was habitually drunk.

Take the red pill, Grace.

I saw that quote on the Help Me Prove It page too, but I'm talking about the actual original post. I can easily believe that Lisa would do such a thing and write about it, but without the original post, it is just an allegation.

Got it. Sorry. Now, I understand what you were asking. I don't know where to find the original post, by Lisa. However, I did find this telling post by Lisa. "This will pay off in your child’s life. They learn to trust you. They learn that they don’t know what’s best for them….a lesson we all need to keep learning, even as adults." This quote was in her blog about getting kids to go to bed. Yeah, I had trouble getting one of my sons to go to bed too. But, it never occurred to me to teach them that they didn't know what's best for them, especially as they have become adults. That same kid is now 17. He was diagnosed with Type I Diabetes, shortly after 5th grade. He is so mature about how he takes care of himself, especially his diet and blood sugar testing. He played football, through 9th grade, and is now in wrestling. He had to quit football, because of too many concussions. Yes, I know that he could get a concussion in wrestling, too, but that was the compromise he and my husband agreed to. I believe that one of the things my husband and I did well, as parents, was to let my son decide what was best for him, regarding his diagnosis. No, we didn't let him have complete control, right away, but we gave him more, and more control, as soon as he was able. When we go to the endocrinologist now, I freely admit that my son knows more about his pump, the way it functions, how to make adjustments, and what is going on with his blood sugar, than I could ever hope to. And, it's not that I've been a negligent mother. When he was diagnosed, I read everything I could get my hands on, and worked very hard to educate myself. It's just that, I also knew that ultimately, my son needed to be responsible for his own body. Now, he wants to go to college, and major in sports medicine or nursing, and help other teens, who have Diabetes, but also play sports. I don't think that his blood sugar would be in as good of control, if my husband and I had insisted that we knew what was best, for him. Letting him have that freedom, resulted in my son taking really good care of himself, instead of battling with us.

Anyone up for a bit of work?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I just spent a little time uploading pages of Lisa's blog and parenting tips to the internet archive (wayback). BTW, I found one tip that includes pinching the thigh of a toddler who is resisting a diaper change. :angry-banghead: A lot of her posts are just self-serving - look how wonderful I am - I am so exhausted stuff. There are 46 or 47 pages and I've done 16. Anyone want to add a few more? I have no idea if having this in the archive will help Alecia in anyway, but if it should, then it's worth it.

Holy smokes, I've fallen down her "child training" rabbit hole. From the blog, ironically titled "5 Tips for Handling Lying:

Occasionally it will happen that you discipline for lying when they were telling the truth. I tell my kids that when that happens, they should remember that there were times they lied and didn’t get caught. This is a good opportunity for them to reflect on the real consequences of lying which is that after a few lies, people won’t believe you even if you’re being honest. I assure them that they can work toward being believed again by telling the truth and earning our trust.

You know, I have made mistakes and disciplined (NOT spanked) a child for something he/she didn't do. And you know what happens when that comes out? I apologize to my child. I tell them I was wrong, I am sorry, and I will try not to make that mistake again. I sure as hell don't tell the child that it just makes up for all the times they did something wrong that I didn't catch.

Lisa, in her own words again. Life in that house must be awful beyond belief. Her boys weren't doing things the way SHE wanted them to, so she took everything fun away from them for three days. When that wasn't enough to break the spirit of one of them, she...well, just read on.

Last week I shared on Facebook about my boys having trouble doing their chores. Two of my guys just weren’t doing them they way I had told them to, so after a couple of weeks of not getting on top of it I decided to take steps to make some changes.

I sat them down and told them that there would be no playing or entertainment for 3 days. During that time they would do extra chores and if there wasn’t work for them they would read (a book I gave them, not just superhero stuff). We were diligent about it and for one of the boys it worked. He’s been doing great with his chores and is back to normal. Easy.

But for the other one, not so much. He has something, way down inside, that just doesn’t want to budge. He was doing what I told him, but his heart wasn’t in it.

So we will have to dig a little deeper with him. It’s all good, just part of parenting. I have remained calm and cheerful and loving through it all. I want that to be the message here….it’s a GOOD thing. Just because it’s hard or maybe even feels impossible doesn’t mean it’s bad or that you aren’t doing a good job. You can do this! Hang in there and be glad for the opportunity to help your child overcome a problem.

In this case, it’s obviously not just a bad habit, but he’s holding back. I can’t make him want to do what he’s supposed to; only God can do that. But I can do things that will point him in that direction. So I have to get creative and think of ways to draw out his heart and help him desire to do what he is supposed to do.

Here’s the plan for what to do next: In addition to all of his chores he will do all of mine with me. Laundry, making beds, cleaning bathrooms, whatever. If I’m working-he’s working. That way he is with me and we can talk and build our relationship. It’s an opportunity to teach him how to do the work plus it keeps him from entertaining himself too much.

Holy smokes, I've fallen down her "child training" rabbit hole. From the blog, ironically titled "5 Tips for Handling Lying:

Occasionally it will happen that you discipline for lying when they were telling the truth. I tell my kids that when that happens, they should remember that there were times they lied and didn’t get caught. This is a good opportunity for them to reflect on the real consequences of lying which is that after a few lies, people won’t believe you even if you’re being honest. I assure them that they can work toward being believed again by telling the truth and earning our trust.

You know, I have made mistakes and disciplined (NOT spanked) a child for something he/she didn't do. And you know what happens when that comes out? I apologize to my child. I tell them I was wrong, I am sorry, and I will try not to make that mistake again. I sure as hell don't tell the child that it just makes up for all the times they did something wrong that I didn't catch.

That's awful. Some of her blog is benign, but she sure does have a serious need for control over the kids. Many times in her tips she goes on about how "they (the children) must never win."

Does anyone know why they legally changed their last name from Sublett to Pennington?

Nobody would like to be named "sublet". Nobody...

Me too! That's disgusting. How can Lisa talk about trust with her children, when she can't/won't admit that she's ever wrong?

Anyone up for a bit of work?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I just spent a little time uploading pages of Lisa's blog and parenting tips to the internet archive (wayback). BTW, I found one tip that includes pinching the thigh of a toddler who is resisting a diaper change. :angry-banghead: A lot of her posts are just self-serving - look how wonderful I am - I am so exhausted stuff. There are 46 or 47 pages and I've done 16. Anyone want to add a few more? I have no idea if having this in the archive will help Alecia in anyway, but if it should, then it's worth it.

I am. Should I start with page 17?

Tesseract, thank you for doing all that. The more documentation the better.

I know it's stating the obvious at this point, but I continue to be amazed at what Lisa put on her blog for the whole universe to see. Her lack of self-awareness is mind boggling.

I've been trying to find Lisa's post about how they delayed letting their adult children get driver's licenses even though it got inconvenient. Control freaks!

I keep wondering why Alecia Faith alone rebelled. If I lived in that house, I would have been running after Grandpa Southworth's car screaming, "Wait! Take me too!"

I almost pee'd myself when I wanted to see the parenting tip section again and it was gone. I clapped my hands and laughed my butt off.

http://deletedpenningtonpointposts.blogspot.com was asking for people to send in screenshots to create a blog like archive, if anyone wants to send them their screenshots.

Thanks!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
You can manually upload entire pages of posts by copying the url and pasting it into a little box on the Internet Archive - click save - and it will make a copy and save the whole thing. I did about 16 pages, plus a lot of her child training tips. If I can get it done before the blog disappears again, the whole thing will be available on the wayback machine :)

I am. Should I start with page 17?

Yes, please! Also, once you enter the URL into the box on the archive, you can just change the page number at the end of it.

So, blahblahblah@whatever.com/17/ - You just change the 17 to 18 and so on. It saves a ton of time (as I learned very late in process :lol: ).

Thanks for doing it!

Tesseract, thank you for doing all that. The more documentation the better.

I know it's stating the obvious at this point, but I continue to be amazed at what Lisa put on her blog for the whole universe to see. Her lack of self-awareness is mind boggling.

I've been trying to find Lisa's post about how they delayed letting their adult children get driver's licenses even though it got inconvenient. Control freaks!

I keep wondering why Alecia Faith alone rebelled. If I lived in that house, I would have been running after Grandpa Southworth's car screaming, "Wait! Take me too!"

I think I found the post about delaying the driver's licenses. I'm not intelligent enough to figure out how to break the link, so I just copied this, without making it a hyperlink....I hope.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us

But for the other one, not so much. He has something, way down inside, that just doesn’t want to budge. He was doing what I told him, but his heart wasn’t in it.

So it doesn't matter that he's doing his chores - he has to love scrubbing that toilet too? And if not he will be punished, because that makes him... uh... learn to pretend he loves it, or at least realizes that doing chores by himself is better than having that crazy bitch around him 24/7

:cray-cray:

Does anyone know why they legally changed their last name from Sublett to Pennington? The Daily Mail article says they did it in 2014.

According to Faith it was because her paternal grandfather had abandoned his family and her father didn't want to have his last name. So he took his mother's maiden name. Both Faith and Jacob said the name change occurred many years ago.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Which category do you want me to start with? She has a number of them. Also, I know that you said I need to just copy the URL into a box, but when I click on Upload Files, it takes me directly to my downloads? Do I need to download the files first, and then upload them back to the internet archive? Sorry I sound like such an idiot. I want to help, I love learning new things about the internet and technology, and I have the time. If someone is willing to give me a little more direction, I will make sure this gets done.

I have a feeling she had another blog before this one. Probably an amateurish mommy blogspot. I don't think you'll find anything on this new one.

I have a feeling she had another blog before this one. Probably an amateurish mommy blogspot. I don't think you'll find anything on this new one.

I'm not sure if these were already known, or not. I just found some of this stuff with a quick search, so I haven't had a chance to really look. Hopefully, someone can scrape together more. Lisa had at least two blogs before Pennington Point. She had one at http://livingmybestlife-lisa.blogspot.com/ (link unbroken since the blog is set to private now) for an unknown period of time, which was used at least through 2009. There is a thread devoted to her on TheNest.com forums, where they refer to her as "the crazy lady blog". Some of the photos and content from that blog are scattered around the forums there. This is the link to the page that I saw, but there should be more: forums.thenest.com/discussion/2447843/another-crowd-pleaser-from-the-crazylady-blog

Sometime after the original "living my best life" was closed, she wrote on a second version of it at livingmybestlifeii-lisa.blogspot.com/. This second iteration of the blog was used from 2008-2010, but is no longer navigable by any means that I know. The blog has an automatic link to the Pennington Point blog, which refers you after a few seconds. The Wayback Machine has a few screen shots, but there isn't much there.

I'm not sure if these were already known, or not. I just found some of this stuff with a quick search, so I haven't had a chance to really look. Hopefully, someone can scrape together more. Lisa had at least two blogs before Pennington Point. She had one at http://livingmybestlife-lisa.blogspot.com/ (link unbroken since the blog is set to private now) for an unknown period of time, which was used at least through 2009. There is a thread devoted to her on TheNest.com forums, where they refer to her as "the crazy lady blog". Some of the photos and content from that blog are scattered around the forums there. This is the link to the page that I saw, but there should be more: forums.thenest.com/discussion/2447843/another-crowd-pleaser-from-the-crazylady-blog

Sometime after the original "living my best life" was closed, she wrote on a second version of it at livingmybestlifeii-lisa.blogspot.com/. This second iteration of the blog was used from 2008-2010, but is no longer navigable by any means that I know. The blog has an automatic link to the Pennington Point blog, which refers you after a few seconds. The Wayback Machine has a few screen shots, but there isn't much there.

Oh good find! The nest forum mentions the spanking the baby. So people were talking about her being crazy six years ago!

Archived