IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's Part 2

Mama Mia

I don't think this has been posted. If so, delete.

This hurts my heart so much. Why does this horrible woman have so many kids when it is so very apparent that she does not like them?

I wonder this about a lot of fundies discussed here. These people love to spout off about how a child is a precious blessing from god and they welcome however many he gives them. Why would you treat your most precious blessing so cruelly?

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That baby story has pushed me to the edge. She is a straight up child abuser. She got out her baby beating stick? What in the fuck. Who has a baby beating stick? Are these from her current blog? They should be posted on her facebook. I'm going to find the woman who originally mentioned in on the fb and ask her what else she remembers.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
That, like many of the things Lisa says, is pure Michael Pearl. From To Train Up a Child:

Not to say that lots of individual assholes couldn't have come up with this shit on their own, or passed it along by word of mouth -- I'm sure they do.

If, in fact, Lisa got any of her ideas from To Train Up a Child or the No Greater Joy website, I would be willing to bet that the only reason she didn't credit them is that her big ego wouldn't allow it.

But, if she has ever mentioned them, or if the book is in their house, it would add another aspect to the media attention, which I think would be good.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I agree. The more of Lisa's crap people are digging up the clearer it is that the Penningtons are devoted Pearl/TTUAC followers in more than just not registering their children. Of course Lisa may just be plagiarizing Pearl ideas and not giving him credit, but can people keep an eye out as they are documenting? The press may be very interested if we can find solid proof.

Thoughtful hid her post and I'm following suit but perhaps not for the same reasons. :)

It occurs to me that Alecia may have asked people not to post disparaging things about her parents because that is part of a deal she has made to get their cooperation. The cooperation she desperately needs right now. As the Pennington's are controlling assholes they may use continued raging against them (not just here) as a reason to back out of the deal.

I, and I think most FJers, wouldn't want to jeopardize that hypothetical deal. I'm going to suggest we proceed with caution anyway. I think it is fine to document Lisa's old posts here using a neutral tone, but we might want to Hide our honest opinions. For our newer Members, the Members Only function here is the H slightly to the left of center in the 3rd row of symbols above.

Once Alecia has her documentation in hand I hope she will want to tell the full story at some point. Of course, that is entirely up to her and she may not want to share. All this must be so difficult and painful for her.

I had seen this story on other sites and not realized it was the same one discussed here. FJ is on it early!

I think it is incredibly unfair to not document your children. It makes life much harder for them later on because of a choice they had nothing to do with. I remember a home-school family I knew asking for prayers because 4 of their kids had whooping cough and in addition to not being vaccinated their births had never been documented, so the family was afraid of getting in trouble from the government if they took their kids to see a doctor. (I don't know how much trouble they would actually get in, if any, but the government is evil and scary.)

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I agree. The more of Lisa's crap people are digging up the clearer it is that the Penningtons are devoted Pearl/TTUAC followers in more than just not registering their children. Of course Lisa may just be plagiarizing Pearl ideas and not giving him credit, but can people keep an eye out as they are documenting? The press may be very interested if we can find solid proof.

Thoughtful hid her post and I'm following suit but perhaps not for the same reasons. :)

It occurs to me that Alecia may have asked people not to post disparaging things about her parents because that is part of a deal she has made to get their cooperation. The cooperation she desperately needs right now. As the Pennington's are controlling assholes they may use continued raging against them (not just here) as a reason to back out of the deal.

I, and I think most FJers, wouldn't want to jeopardize that hypothetical deal. I'm going to suggest we proceed with caution anyway. I think it is fine to document Lisa's old posts here using a neutral tone, but we might want to Hide our honest opinions. For our newer Members, the Members Only function here is the H slightly to the left of center in the 3rd row of symbols above.

Once Alecia has her documentation in hand I hope she will want to tell the full story at some point. Of course, that is entirely up to her and she may not want to share. All this must be so difficult and painful for her.

I absolutely agree with you, and I wish I had thought of that before I posted a reply to someone on The Pennington Point Facebook page. A few minutes ago, I saw that a poster said she had been following Lisa's blog for about a year and didn't think it had been scrubbed. I did not mention FJ at all, but said I could post a couple of Lisa's original comments that would prove she had scrubbed the blog. I posted two. I did not say where I got them from. About 15 minutes later, my comments had been deleted, but it still indicated there were 5 replies, although it was only showing 3. A couple more minutes later, someone had changed the number of replies, too. However, the gal I was responding to saw the comments, before they were deleted, and admitted she was wrong and that she was glad Faith had escaped. I don't want to mess anything up for Faith either, which is why I will refrain, from now on, but there is still a part of me that is glad one more person is starting to see the truth about Lisa Pennington.

Lisa is evil. Full stop. End of.

My mother is an Nmother.

I remember being chased and cornered, having my nose pinched to make me open my mouth to take some horrible codliver oil my siblings and I were forced to swallow every night before bed.

I was around 6 at the time. My siblings younger. If we didn't comply we were hit hard on the back of the legs.

My brother has no relationship with my mother at all, my sister sees her reluctantly , I live in a different country and visit because I still have a good relationship with my dad.

If Lisa ever sees her grandchildren she will be very lucky.

Lisa just deleted the whole facebook post. Right as I was reading it. First she deleted the replies to the comments, then the comments and now the whole thing. I bet she is reading here right now.

here's also this excerpt that came out a bit ago on thebump or something:

anyone remember this from a christian child-rearing blog? it was posted about a year ago:

This has been a long afternoon for Mommy and Baby. When I got him up from his nap I said to him (like I do every day), "Say 'Hi Mommy!' " But this afternoon, instead of his usual, "Hi Mommy!" he said nothing. He refused, I mean refused, to say it.

It occurred to me that I haven't shared with you one of my favorite child training tips for babies. Here it is:

You can make a baby do things. For example, if you say, "Pick that up" and they won't do it, you can lead them to the item, take their little hand and make them pick it up.

But there are four things you can NOT make a baby do.

1. Sleep

2. Eat/swallow

3. Poop/pee

4. Speak

In this case, Baby wouldn't say something that I told him to say. It wasn't like he just looked around and did something else. He was obviously disobeying me.

Like I said, I can't make him speak. But I can make him sit; I can make him open a book; I can make him come to me when called. But there is no way to make him speak. So what do I do? I'm glad you asked.

I make him miserable, absolutely miserable. At first I called the other children in and I said, "Say 'Hi Mommy' " and they would repeat, "Hi Mommy". Baby could see their example. He would say hi to them, but not to me. More proof that he is deliberately not obeying me.

Next I got out his favorite snack (he is in my arms this whole time....no opportunity to go anywhere else or be entertained). He reached for it. "Say Hi Mommy". Nothing. I would call in a couple of the little boys. I'd tell them to say it and when they did, I gave them a bit of the snack. Baby would reach for it and I would pull back. "Say 'Hi Mommy' ". It apparently wasn't worth it to him. OK, we'll figure out what is worth it.

I took him back into my room where he begged to see G&G's picture on the computer (this is one of his favorite things to do). "Say 'Hi Mommy' " Nope. Finally I sat him on my lap facing me and when I told him to say it he shook his head, no. So I got my teeny, tiny baby spanker. It's a little back scratcher that barely stings, but it's great for babies.

One little swat and he screamed. "No screaming" I'd say (in a very gentle way....I always spoke gently and calmly) and give him another little swat. When he'd stop I'd tell him again to say "Hi Mommy." Nope. Swat. Cry. Swat. This went on for about 30 minutes. I'd cradle him and rock him and he would be soothed, then I'd tell him again, "Say 'Hi Mommy.' " over and over.

Finally, when I was trying to decide if he would get dinner or not (I was actually thinking I would give him something else besides the pizza that everyone else was having because he is too young to go without a meal), he leaned his head on my shoulder and said, "Hi Mommy." and it was over.

All of the children cheered when I brought him out. He was exhausted, but he got a little snack and a special drink.

Now he's happily eating his dinner and saying "Hi Mommy" all I want.

The victory for me isn't that he will say "Hi Mommy", but that he understands that he has to do what I say. This is a lesson that will carry on into his future and keep him safe and secure. It will help to lead him to that greater relationship with our Lord. Obedience to Christ will come easier to him because of what we have taught him in these formative years.

Of course, I didn't get done what I had planned this afternoon. We had to order pizza because I couldn't make dinner. I had to set everything aside to do this. But I never wished for anything else. It was a great opportunity to spend these precious moments with my sweet boy."

Apparently, people were calling CPS on her and now her blog is changed to invitation only.

This is the post, in it's entirety. I could not find the original, on Lisa's Parenting Tips, only the scrubbed version. I archived them both.

WHO THE FUCK HAS A BABY SPANKER????? LIKE AN ACTUAL THING THEY BOUGHT SPECIFICALLY FOR HITTING BABIES WITH????????

Those poor children :( No wonder poor Faith didn't want to go home :(

Despicable woman. No wonder those kids still at home have Stockholm Syndrome. I hope when the next one escapes (matter of WHEN, not if) Faith will be in a position to help her sib(s) through the transition.

Faith and the Jeub kids should get together! Lisa and Chris are two pieces of work and I'm sure those girls would have a lot to talk about.

At any rate, I wouldn't be surprised if a narcissist of Lisa's order was lurking here.

Well, you won't have to worry about posting the wrong comment anymore because she's deleted the whole discussion. Move along, folks, nothing to see here, back to cheery life and perfect family programming..... and half a dozen essential oil commercials....

I don't think this has been posted. If so, delete.

Wow, just wow! She physically assaulted another human being for half an hour, considered depriving said human being of sustenance, and successfully taught him that it's okay for others to hurt you, if you don't live up to their expectations. That's not a lesson children should learn, if you ask me.

Wow, just wow! She physically assaulted another human being for half an hour, considered depriving said human being of sustenance, and successfully taught him that it's okay for others to hurt you, if you don't live up to their expectations. That's not a lesson children should learn, if you ask me.

Because speaking gently and calmly while you torture people is not fucked up AT ALL. Why do these people not understand? Hurting someone is hurting someone. At least, striking someone in anger, while not right, is at least psychologically honest.

My blood is boiling reading this. I'm hoping Faith's example will show the others they can stand up for themselves and assert their rights, because some of her comments - including the one about how she'd have them work hard for little pay and give away random possessions of theirs without their sayso - make me fear for the younger ones if/when they get jobs later on. They're being brought up to accept shitty working conditions and exploitation by their own mother.

Well, you won't have to worry about posting the wrong comment anymore because she's deleted the whole discussion. Move along, folks, nothing to see here, back to cheery life and perfect family programming..... and half a dozen essential oil commercials....

And taken her blog down. I can almost smell the essential oils wafting in the air from here.

I absolutely agree with you, and I wish I had thought of that before I posted a reply to someone on The Pennington Point Facebook page. A few minutes ago, I saw that a poster said she had been following Lisa's blog for about a year and didn't think it had been scrubbed. I did not mention FJ at all, but said I could post a couple of Lisa's original comments that would prove she had scrubbed the blog. I posted two. I did not say where I got them from. About 15 minutes later, my comments had been deleted, but it still indicated there were 5 replies, although it was only showing 3. A couple more minutes later, someone had changed the number of replies, too. However, the gal I was responding to saw the comments, before they were deleted, and admitted she was wrong and that she was glad Faith had escaped. I don't want to mess anything up for Faith either, which is why I will refrain, from now on, but there is still a part of me that is glad one more person is starting to see the truth about Lisa Pennington.

LOL, I'm that poster freejingerbeth :wink-kitty:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
i am about to set up a fake FB and post this to her wall

Lisa must be wandering around the house, babbling to herself and leaving a snail trail of essential oils. She probably asks her kids to grease her up like Dede Haislip before her once a year totally Not Gay sex with Greg.

One thing about a narcissist, they don't like being out of the limelight. Lisa won't be gone long although she might have a password protected site so just leg humpers can read.

One thing about a narcissist, they don't like being out of the limelight. Lisa won't be gone long although she might have a password protected site so just leg humpers can read.
yeah but how can she further her way up the EO pyramid on a handful of readers?

Because speaking gently and calmly while you torture people is not fucked up AT ALL. Why do these people not understand? Hurting someone is hurting someone. At least, striking someone in anger, while not right, is at least psychologically honest.

That's the bit that makes me sick. It reminds me of an obscure method of torture used in 17th century France. To keep it brief: you got tortured, followed by some small amount of pampering. The reprieve usually yielded the "best results" for conviction. Because that's when people were at their most vulnerable, and would say anything to keep from getting tortured again.

That's what this person is doing to her child. You're right to call it torture.

That's the bit that makes me sick. It reminds me of an obscure method of torture used in 17th century France. To keep it brief: you got tortured, followed by some small amount of pampering. The reprieve usually yielded the "best results" for conviction. Because that's when people were at their most vulnerable, and would say anything to keep from getting tortured again.

That's what this person is doing to her child. You're right to call it torture.

It's like what they did to Theon Greyjoy....

And I am LOL at "leaving a snail trail of essential oils"

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Meet the Pennington Family
OCTOBER 1, 2010 BY LISA PENNINGTON
Our home schooling adventure began before we were even married, twenty-four years ago. James had the conviction to homeschool our children before we met. While we were still dating, he told me that he wanted a wife who would homeschool his children; I thought he was crazy! It took some convincing, but by the time we married and had children four years later, I was completely on board.

Now we have nine children ranging in age from twenty to two years old. Our goal has always been character over curriculum. We believe that the Bible teaches that God’s wisdom is more important than knowledge.
Proverbs 4:6-7 says, “Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.â€
We never got involved in heavy curriculum or workbooks. We have done a lot of unit studies and “make-your-own†type of school. We discovered early that if we train the children to be disciplined and help them turn their heart to the Lord, they will thirst for wisdom and understanding. I have been constantly amazed at how much the children know that I did not teach them!

We also believe that relationships are a vital part of who we are in Christ. It is important to us that our children learn to love one another and to sacrifice for others. Therefore we spend much of our time practicing good habits and setting our own desires aside for one another. If you were a fly on the wall, you would often observe us sitting around the school table, sharing our thoughts on how to treat others or how to overcome our struggles. Romans 12: 9-10 commands, “Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.†It has been a delight to watch our children treat each other with kindness and courtesy. The words, “That’s not fair!†or “Me first!†are not permitted in our home. Even though children do not have the maturity to respond in a biblical way, they can still be held to those standards as they learn. They can practice serving as they learn. In our school being a servant is held in a place of honor.

Once that foundation is there, we can relax and enjoy school. We mostly use unit studies. We have learned about spiders, world geography, the “Little House on the Prairie†series, weather, and much more! Unit studies offer me, a mom of children of many ages, the opportunity to have all of the children in the same class. I simply adjust the load for each age level. Then they each do their own math individually.
While I would consider myself a very structured person, I am relaxed about where the day takes us. We may start out learning about Egyptian architecture and end up digging tunnels in the yard. We are confident that those two subjects are equally important; it depends on what the children need each day. As long as we get back to Egypt at some point, it is okay.

We make our home schooling decisions based on Scripture. It is a little like the desert island challenge. If you were stranded on a desert island with nothing but the Bible as your guide, how different would your life look? We know that we are not on an island and that our kids have to live out in the world someday. However, if we have prepared them to live with God’s Word as their guide, they are better prepared than if we follow the world?or the government schools.

Our oldest graduated from our home school two years ago, and our second child graduated this spring. It has been a joy to watch them grow, learn, and become godly examples for their younger siblings. Teaching them at home has allowed us to know their strengths and weaknesses. We are right there with them through their successes and their failures. Our goal is to grow warriors for the kingdom of God. History, science, and music are all secondary to that end. We still have many years of home schooling left to go. We delight in each year we get to spend with each child. To God be the glory!

James and Lisa Pennington live in Kerrville where they serve the home school community in their area through their service on the board of the Hill Country Home School Association. They were selected THSC’s 2010 Leaders of the Year.

Much as I enjoy these 2 weasels squirm, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for her children, being hopeful for Alicia, I'd never ever interfere at any level. We don't really have to be impatient, things are escalating just fine.

Archived