IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's Part 2

Mama Mia

Even that horrendous baby breaking torture session. It wasn't a battle of wills over something like cleaning up a toy, or refusing to get buckled in the car seat ( obviously still abusive ) -- it was over the baby not acknowledging HER. Because it is ALL about Lisa. If she wasn't religious I absolutely think she would of been exactly the same.

This reminds me of a story my mom likes to tell about me as a baby. I'd learned "dada" and was saying it all day day long. My mother would point to herself and say, "mama," but I insisted on saying "dada." By the end of the day she was in tears because I kept saying "dada." Finally, she says, I looked up at her tear-stained face and said "mama." It would have never occurred to her to punish me for not getting it right.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This reminds me of a story my mom likes to tell about me as a baby. I'd learned "dada" and was saying it all day day long. My mother would point to herself and say, "mama," but I insisted on saying "dada." By the end of the day she was in tears because I kept saying "dada." Finally, she says, I looked up at her tear-stained face and said "mama." It would have never occurred to her to punish me for not getting it right.

Awww, that's so sweet!

Awww, what a cute story! :) Both my boys called my husband and I each "Dada". Since I am a stay at home mom it was nice for my husband to have something first. Because (ahem, LISA) it's not all about me.

My grandson called me "no" for the LONGEST time...The grandkids call me Nona which is like granny or nana in Spanish (and Italian). Tiny human could not manage to string together "nona" so he said "no". Personally I thought it was hysterical. My kids...I don't remember when they said "mama" or "dada". I don't remember EVER getting bent out of shape because my child wouldn't say "mama". They all started talking when they started talking (between 18 months and 3) and eventually learned to speak English instead of something that sounded like gibberish.

I could NOT imagine spanking my kid because he wouldn't say "hi mommy". Geez...Lisa Pennington, you are one self-centered, psychotic, abusive bitch.

Did anyone else read the Homeschoolers Anonymous post today on Alecia Faith? It was a repost from Libby Anne's blog. She says that someone commented on her blog, "You understate how controlling Lisa is. It's shocking really. I know because we used to be friends." The commenter removed her name, so Libby Anne respected her desire for anonymity. That bit of info comes as no surprise to us of course, but it is interesting that people in Lisa's world have reached the same conclusion.

I'm scratching my head about what someone named Laura wrote as a comment on the Homeschoolers Anonymous post. She says that driving does not equal independence, and many parents restrict their children's freedom until age 25. Ok, I disagree with Laura's opinions, but at least I understand her up to this point. Then she starts saying weird things about mopeds, Native Americans, and wigwams. :think:

Maybe someone can figure it out.

edited for clarity.

That blog post on HA instantly reminded me of a movie called Dogtooth. In the movie, three adult children are held captive and brainwashed on their parents' compound. They are told that they will only be mature enough to face the world on their own when their canine tooth falls out (a lie). One of the daughters becomes impatient and knocks her own tooth out with a blunt object, and then waits in the trunk of the family's car to be taken to the outside world. If anyone's seen this movie, it so perfectly encapsulates families like the Penningtons (albeit with some amount of exaggeration).

Even that horrendous baby breaking torture session. It wasn't a battle of wills over something like cleaning up a toy, or refusing to get buckled in the car seat ( obviously still abusive ) -- it was over the baby not acknowledging HER. Because it is ALL about Lisa. If she wasn't religious I absolutely think she would of been exactly the same.

That's just heartbreaking. I'm at the stage now with my own child where he is just starting to talk a bit, and I cannot imagine doing something like that to him. I heard some crazy stuff in my old church, but Lisa seems to take controlling to a whole new level. Having read the blog, I honestly think she would have been doing crazy things even if she weren't particularly religious.

I have finically caught up on everything thats been going on.

Lisa is a psychopathic bitch and she make me want to vomit. The baby beating post... over control of her child words!!! She is 100% a narcissist. Tell mommy she looks pretty..... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I hope that the IRS and not paying taxes bites them in the ass and they spend time in prison. perhaps then all the kids could escape. I can not wrap my head around parents that would purposefully keep their kids off the grid for control purposes. If Lisa didn’t need the admiration of the masses I bet they would be totally off anyones radar. So much easier to cover up a child gone missing if they don’t break, or the beating goes to far.

also, sail trail of essential oils... :clap: :lol:

I’m going to go hug my loved ones now.

I have been looking through the nest sites from 2009. If I have read the dates of the posts correctly then the Pennington parents failure to obtain birth certificates and SSNs was being discussed back then.

I have been looking through the nest sites from 2009. If I have read the dates of the posts correctly then the Pennington parents failure to obtain birth certificates and SSNs was being discussed back then.

Can you provide some linkage?

I think deletedpenningtonpointposts.blog spot.com has quotes and linkage. Can't check in my phone right now, but I think it's there.

I grew up in a fairly crappy environment but I don't remember any of the kids being expected to say certain words. We just helped them out once they started naming things and people. Going full spanish inquisitor on a baby is unimaginable to me. She was methodically torturing that baby physically and mentally.

Maybe that pregnancy was higher risk and Lisa needed the resources of a hospital? Perhaps that's why Patience seems to be registered. This whole thing gets weirder and weirder by the minute. What an odd set of parents! :think:

I would expect them to go to San Antonio or Austin before Houston. Both are a significantly shorter drive from Kerrville.

This quote from one of the posts up on the deleted blog killed me:

If that isn’t working I may watch for a repeated pattern (kicking, arching their back, throwing their head) and the instant they do it I will pinch the fat place in their leg. The trick here is not to think of it as punishment or you hurting them, but as something that just happens when they make that movement. If something hurts their leg every time they kick, they will stop. They don’t even know you are doing it to them. Just like when they fall and hurt their head….it is just what happens; no one did it to them. But the only way this works is if you do it every single time. They are smart….missing even once will show them that sometimes they can get away with it.

Soooo....baby can't make sense of an obvious case of cause and effect (it hurts when Mom pinches me), but is sophisticated enough to know that if Mom doesn't hit me, I can do whatever I want? Bzuh? It's just so wildly contradictory. Is the baby smart or clueless? :think:

I couldn't imagine hurting my baby because she wouldn't let me change her diaper. In fact, the one time that I felt ragey and felt like slapping her leg, I made sure she was in a safe place, walked away, and called a friend of mine who came to get her.

I inherited some anger issues and I am trying so hard to NOT be like the people in my family who act on their frustration and anger. For the most part, I am doing well and don't get upset over little stuff. Sometimes though, I do get upset, but I would never hurt my child over it.

I couldn't imagine hurting my baby because she wouldn't let me change her diaper. In fact, the one time that I felt ragey and felt like slapping her leg, I made sure she was in a safe place, walked away, and called a friend of mine who came to get her.

I inherited some anger issues and I am trying so hard to NOT be like the people in my family who act on their frustration and anger. For the most part, I am doing well and don't get upset over little stuff. Sometimes though, I do get upset, but I would never hurt my child over it.

Well that would be because you're a really good mom who is thinking ahead and planning ways to NOT hurt your child instead of, you know, doing the exact opposite.

Lots and lots of parents occasionally " lose it" and smack a small child and feel awful. Lots and lots of parents even believe in occassional spanking as an effective form of discipline.

Both of those are still light years away from coldly calculating all the ways you can systematically cause your child emotional and physical pain in order to never, ever have any sort of independent opinion shown by your child, ever. And that's how baby's and toddlers show their opinions-- they scream, or kick or refuse to do what you want. And I really think she isn't even " concerned" about her kids being disobedient because she cares about their safety or well-being.

I think some of these awful fundamentalist child beaters are actually doing it out of fear for their child. They become consumed with worry that the big bad world will gobble their child up in to a world of sex drugs and rock and roll leading to death and Hell if the kids have any sort of free will. So they beat it out of them. Horrible, of course.

But still not nearly as awful as Lisa, who I really, really think just cares that no one disagrees with HER, and that her whole big family treats her like a Queen. No matter how she tries to dress it up and throw religion on top.

That blog post on HA instantly reminded me of a movie called Dogtooth. In the movie, three adult children are held captive and brainwashed on their parents' compound. They are told that they will only be mature enough to face the world on their own when their canine tooth falls out (a lie). One of the daughters becomes impatient and knocks her own tooth out with a blunt object, and then waits in the trunk of the family's car to be taken to the outside world. If anyone's seen this movie, it so perfectly encapsulates families like the Penningtons (albeit with some amount of exaggeration).

I just looked this up and it's all on youtube-- and now an hour and a half later I'm sitting here like :shock:

Pretty good movie for such a weird premise!

I just looked this up and it's all on youtube-- and now an hour and a half later I'm sitting here like :shock:

Pretty good movie for such a weird premise!

Oh crap did they take her someplace and kill her?

Oh crap did they take her someplace and kill her?

The ending leaves it unclear. Maybe nobody discovers her and she dies of starvation (unlikely as it seems the father takes a weekly grocery trip, utilizing the trunk). Maybe her father knows, and then waits till she's starved and then disposes of her body. Maybe he drops her off at a shelter or a hospital. Who knows? And that's kind of the point. Where does such madness lead?

I will say that in the movie it is entirely unclear about the missing brother that has supposedly gone out into the world. Was he a made up story to keep the kids in line? If he did exist, did he suffer the same curiosity and fate as his sister? I like that this movie opens up a lot of dialogue about isolationist families.

[offtopic][/offtopic]

The ending leaves it unclear. Maybe nobody discovers her and she dies of starvation (unlikely as it seems the father takes a weekly grocery trip, utilizing the trunk). Maybe her father knows, and then waits till she's starved and then disposes of her body. Maybe he drops her off at a shelter or a hospital. Who knows? And that's kind of the point. Where does such madness lead?

I will say that in the movie it is entirely unclear about the missing brother that has supposedly gone out into the world. Was he a made up story to keep the kids in line? If he did exist, did he suffer the same curiosity and fate as his sister? I like that this movie opens up a lot of dialogue about isolationist families.

It was one of those movies that was so ambiguous that I just *need* to know what happens next-- but then that's the point, because I'm going to be thinking about it for a while. It's very avant-garde and I don't think it's trying to be a believable or literal commentary on controlling parents (or any of the other things I guess it could be about). Disturbing, but I liked it.

I know I'm getting waaayyy off topic here, but it reminded me of another artsy foreign film called Innocence-- also about children kept in seclusion, also with weird sexual overtones and an ambiguous ending.

[offtopic][/offtopic]

It was one of those movies that was so ambiguous that I just *need* to know what happens next-- but then that's the point, because I'm going to be thinking about it for a while. It's very avant-garde and I don't think it's trying to be a believable or literal commentary on controlling parents (or any of the other things I guess it could be about). Disturbing, but I liked it.

I know I'm getting waaayyy off topic here, but it reminded me of another artsy foreign film called Innocence-- also about children kept in seclusion, also with weird sexual overtones and an ambiguous ending.

Rotten Tomatoes brings up 4 results for Innocence, and a couple of the descriptions fit that theme. Which one is it?

rottentomatoes.com/search/?search=Innocence

Thanks FJ for giving me a few more movies to watch :)

Sorry for more off topicness. First, do you ladies watch these films from your computer? Second, would "houndstooth" be appropriate to watch with teenage girls? My almost 14 year old might like that movie. I just don't like watching things with graphic sexual content with her and she runs away In embarrassment......I guess obviouse incest, and rape would make it a no go too.

Alecia Faith hasn't posted on the HelpMeProveIt FB since the 16th, but I'll take that as a good sign. Just thinking about it, the grandparents must live in Rep. Farney's district -- Rep. Farney would not take on Alecia Faith's situation otherwise.

With the social media gone viral and the story picked up globally (at least by the Brits), combined with Rep. Farney's clout, Lisa and James Pennington will want to get this done and done at the very earliest possible moment.

Because, you know, they are both hunkered down on their hobby farm with the remaining 8 kids, snorting lavender oil, breathing through straws and collectively shi**ing bricks -- because anyone with a small business cannot afford negative publicity.

Their own little insular group will be an echo chamber supporting them, but the larger world obviously does not approve -- it seems un-American to deprive your children of their identity -- particularly not having documentation proving birthright citizenship.

lagniappe: I thought I'd check out the Kerville newspaper (The Daily Times) to see if there were any articles or ads by the Penningtons & came across an older picture of the kids studying at the kitchen table with mom, titled At Home in the Classroom:

http://dailytimes.com/multimedia/todays ... 963f4.html

Alecia Faith hasn't posted on the HelpMeProveIt FB since the 16th, but I'll take that as a good sign. Just thinking about it, the grandparents must live in Rep. Farney's district -- Rep. Farney would not take on Alecia Faith's situation otherwise.

With the social media gone viral and the story picked up globally (at least by the Brits), combined with Rep. Farney's clout, Lisa and James Pennington will want to get this done and done at the very earliest possible moment.

Because, you know, they are both hunkered down on their hobby farm with the remaining 8 kids, snorting lavender oil, breathing through straws and collectively shi**ing bricks -- because anyone with a small business cannot afford negative publicity.

Their own little insular group will be an echo chamber supporting them, but the larger world obviously does not approve -- it seems un-American to deprive your children of their identity -- particularly not having documentation proving birthright citizenship.

lagniappe: I thought I'd check out the Kerville newspaper (The Daily Times) to see if there were any articles or ads by the Penningtons & came across an older picture of the kids studying at the kitchen table with mom, titled At Home in the Classroom:

It does seem un-American to deprive your kids of their identity. Our country was founded by a bunch of people who wanted the freedom of doing it their own way, even if it broke with tradition. Fundies, however, are convinced that America was founded as a Christian nation. I googled it and found out that Thomas Jefferson stated otherwise in the Treaty of Tripoli. I am now prepared with that gem in case anyone in my daily life starts a debate on religion with me. So far it hasn't happened, but I'm ready if it ever does!

It sounds awful to wish something bad on someone, but a rotten little part of me hopes Lisa and James are indeed hunkered down, breathing through straws, and sh**ting bricks. That's what they get for being so sanctimonious. I'm delighted that they are getting so much bad publicity because hopefully they will be forced to get documentation for all their kids and stop blogging their abusive parenting nonsense. I probably won't get everything on my wish list, but I can dream.

edited because I forgot to add that Homeschooler's Anonymous has an interesting post today about how Ken Cuccinelli of HSLDA has spoken in favor of not getting kids the SS#. The post mentions Alecia.

Holy fisheye lens, Batman!

I know that hanging empty frames on a wall is a thing, and I even think it looks cute sometimes. But, in Lisa's case, it seems symbolic.

You're an empty frame, Lisa, expecting your kids to fill the void.

Archived