IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's Part 2

Mama Mia

I get that song any time someone says "Ocean front property in Arizona" One time I sang the song after someone said that and they looked at me like I was crazy...

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today Alecia Faith was supposed to meet with Texas State Rep Marsha Farney. I hope that meeting was helpful. I've been thinking about it off and on all day.

Just catching up after the weekend. The proud child abuse posts... just sickening. It's interesting that she was on people's internet radar way back in 2009.

Since they have deleted the facebook post and videos, I am super-curious what her next blog update will be about. "So... about those essential oils"? Awkward. Now, when I see photos of her beautiful home, all I can think of is the child labor that keeps it so spotless.

By the way, Jacob (the oldest son?) is scary as hell.

Funny you mentioned MckMama, because Lisa's narcissism, umpteen photos of herself, using her children to promote her image, and even the MLM involvement reminds me of Mck.

Where are you getting this about Jacob. I have been curious, but not seen much. I think the oldest sister is a monster. Jacob did not strike me as any more smug and self righteous as any other wannabe fundie royalty. Grace is a raving maniacal batshit crazy malicious lunatic.

Today Alecia Faith was supposed to meet with Texas State Rep Marsha Farney. I hope that meeting was helpful. I've been thinking about it off and on all day.

Wow. Depending on their focus, Alecia Faith could be a hot potato for some of these legislators. I sure home Ms. Farney doesn't have a huge fundy base, or she's going to lose her next election! Seriously, though, the publicity that got her to this woman's attention will help Alecia get the things she needs to be returned to society as a "normal" person. May her re-entry into life be filled with positives. She must be one strong gal to begin with, to face this as she has.

Family story just does not add up-if her parents filed income tax they had to have a SS for each of the dependents so she needs to download the form from SS web site reporting a stolen/lost card and she should get it within 6 weeks.

I don't know what state she is in- if she is near a law school they have a volunteer program-students love doing projects like hers'. That is where we get the majority of help along with community colleges.

Sorry, I'm a lurker and don't know if I used the quote feature correctly, but I had to respond to this. I live in a state in the middle of the US, and we did not have the same experience. It may vary according to state, of course.

A couple of years ago, my then-16-yr old son lost his SS card. He was born in a hospital, I have his original birth certificate, he was issued a SSN at birth, had a valid driver's license, we had prior tax records showing his SSN, etc. Absolutely no question as to his citizenship. And we STILL had to jump through flaming hoops to get his card replaced, including spending several hours at a SS office in a nearby city.

Sorry, I'm a lurker and don't know if I used the quote feature correctly, but I had to respond to this. I live in a state in the middle of the US, and we did not have the same experience. It may vary according to state, of course.

A couple of years ago, my then-16-yr old son lost his SS card. He was born in a hospital, I have his original birth certificate, he was issued a SSN at birth, had a valid driver's license, we had prior tax records showing his SSN, etc. Absolutely no question as to his citizenship. And we STILL had to jump through flaming hoops to get his card replaced, including spending several hours at a SS office in a nearby city.

we do not have a card for my stepdaughter. She's 17. We have the number, and her birth certificate, but only mom is on the bc, and she is deceased. The social security office won't issue a new card to us, and we were turned down for a driving permit too because of the birth certificate. She has to wait until 18 to apply for both.

geez, and that's when it's already issued. i'm sorry you had to go through all that.

Wow. Depending on their focus, Alecia Faith could be a hot potato for some of these legislators. I sure home Ms. Farney doesn't have a huge fundy base, or she's going to lose her next election! Seriously, though, the publicity that got her to this woman's attention will help Alecia get the things she needs to be returned to society as a "normal" person. May her re-entry into life be filled with positives. She must be one strong gal to begin with, to face this as she has.

The fundies I know are horrified by the Pennington parents and offended at the idea of being lumped in with them...though perhaps my acquaintances might better be described as fundie lite. Still, they homeschool, they have bought from Vision Forum in the past, and they think Lisa Pennington is insane.

The fundies I know are horrified by the Pennington parents and offended at the idea of being lumped in with them...though perhaps my acquaintances might better be described as fundie lite. Still, they homeschool, they have bought from Vision Forum in the past, and they think Lisa Pennington is insane.

The way Lisa Pennington describes her children , and parenting and just the EXTREME focus on herself , would seem off regardless of the religious aspect. IMHO. It's isn't just that she bests babies, or just that she is micro-managing her adult children's lives. It's that every single thing is about HER. What she wants, hat she likes, what she thinks. It's like she takes those strange basic concepts of having the kids relate to you like they would God, keep them sheltered from the world, train them in instant obedience so they have less trouble down the road --- and puts it on steroids. The whole cutesy chore of telling mommy she's pretty. The really cool boys room --which turned out great-- but she kept saying how it had to fit her tastes and colors she likes. Even that horrendous baby breaking torture session. It wasn't a battle of wills over something like cleaning up a toy, or refusing to get buckled in the car seat ( obviously still abusive ) -- it was over the baby not acknowledging HER. Because it is ALL about Lisa. If she wasn't religious I absolutely think she would of been exactly the same.

Marsha Farney is interesting.

Rep. Farney earned her BS and MS degrees in education from Texas A&M, Commerce, and her PhD in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Texas, Austin. She also earned additional certifications qualifying her to serve as a counselor and principal.

Her doctorate is from UT Austin; that is not a slacker degree. Also, she'll know how to deal with an 18-year old -- meaning she won't talk down to her and should be able to focus and understand the issues that Alecia Faith faces in a sympathetic way. Rep Farney represents the northern part of Williamson County, about 30 miles north of north Austin, and her area includes the retirement community of Sun City. Perhaps this is where the grandparents live.

If Alecia Faith posts up anywhere about this meeting, let us know.

I'd love to hear how the meeting went, but Faith might not be able to post about the outcome for awhile. She may have been advised to keep quiet in case her parents try to plan anything to sabotage her efforts.

DSM-5 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:

Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance

Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it

Exaggerating your achievements and talents

Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate

Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people

Requiring constant admiration

Having a sense of entitlement

Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations

Taking advantage of others to get what you want

Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others

Being envious of others and believing others envy you

Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others.

The above is from the Mayo Clinic website. It sure seems to fit Lisa to a T. Her poor kids!!!

I just read Cynthia Jeub's post about Alecia Pennington's situation. What really jumped out to me was how thoroughly these parents have convinced their kids that EVERYtHING is in the parents control! Even when the children are adults. For example, Cynthia talks about how her parents had the physical copies of their documents, and the efforts they had to go to get them from their parents.because the parents have convinced them everything has to go through them. They are both legal adults. They don't NEED their parents to get replacement documents, at all. So sad, that it doesn't even cross their minds.

I just read Cynthia Jeub's post about Alecia Pennington's situation. What really jumped out to me was how thoroughly these parents have convinced their kids that EVERYtHING is in the parents control! Even when the children are adults. For example, Cynthia talks about how her parents had the physical copies of their documents, and the efforts they had to go to get them from their parents.because the parents have convinced them everything has to go through them. They are both legal adults. They don't NEED their parents to get replacement documents, at all. So sad, that it doesn't even cross their minds.

It's a lot of work to get replacement documents depending on what you do or don't have to begin with. I know people who left and had to get replacement docs and between pulling together what they needed and finding the time to get off work and sit in various offices for hours, it was a time consuming process. If you're working and hourly job, you can't afford to go lose a day's wages just to get your documentation straightened out. That's not even counting how it costs money to get copies of everything, money that someone living hand to mouth doesn't have.

So when your options are losing a day or more of work, on top of spending money you don't have, or wrangling with your parents to give you the documentation you know they have, it's not so simple a choice.

And if you live in a state other than the state where you were born, getting a copy of your birth certificate takes more effort and time, especially depending on the state.

It's a lot of work to get replacement documents depending on what you do or don't have to begin with. I know people who left and had to get replacement docs and between pulling together what they needed and finding the time to get off work and sit in various offices for hours, it was a time consuming process. If you're working and hourly job, you can't afford to go lose a day's wages just to get your documentation straightened out. That's not even counting how it costs money to get copies of everything, money that someone living hand to mouth doesn't have.

So when your options are losing a day or more of work, on top of spending money you don't have, or wrangling with your parents to give you the documentation you know they have, it's not so simple a choice.

And if you live in a state other than the state where you were born, getting a copy of your birth certificate takes more effort and time, especially depending on the state.

Re the bolded above. Not really. I got a copy of my PA birth certificate in 48 hours from Virginia. There's a site called VitalChek that most if not all states do business with for birth certificates, death certificates and marriage licenses. My older son got a copy of his VA birth certificate when he was living in Colorado. I got copies of my granddaughters' CO birth certificates in a week from VA. My younger son got a copy of his IN birth certificate when he was living in South Dakota. It was at the time about 50 bucks for the certificate and expedited delivery...I haven't had to order any birth certificates in quite a while...seems that the kids have finally figured out how to hang on to their important paperwork.

Social security numbers are pretty easy too...for my granddaughters, when we got custody of them, we went to the SS office with their birth certificates and the custody orders and walked out with the actual numbers. The cards were mailed and showed up a week or 2 later. I didn't need the actual cards to file taxes or enroll them in school...just the numbers.

It is indeed a horrible bind. Not only that, but employers now require that the person being hired supply specific documentation proving citizenship (birth certificate or passport) and a copy of the SSN to generate the relevant tax documents. Any fast food chain would be doing this as part of the hiring process as well as places like WalMart or other big box stores -- the places that have the most jobs and who hire inexperienced workers.

As the IRS helpfully notes:

Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement

Every employer engaged in a trade or business who pays remuneration, including noncash payments of $600 or more for the year (all amounts if any income, social security, or Medicare tax was withheld) for services performed by an employee must file a Form W-2 for each employee (even if the employee is related to the employer) from whom:

Income, social security, or Medicare tax was withheld.

Income tax would have been withheld if the employee had claimed no more than one withholding allowance or had not claimed exemption from withholding on Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate.

Also important to remember that when you are making poverty wages with no cushion or fallback, $50 can be an almost insurmountable amount of money.

Anyway, hoping Alecia Faith's visit with Rep Farney today was productive. She is so very fortunate that her grandparents are there for her.

Brief update on the meeting with Representative Farney:

The meeting went great! I am so happy right now. Farney and her team are simply fantastic, and I'm pumped to be working with them! I think things are finally going to work out.

Thank you all for your support, more updates to come.

The money can definitely be an issue. But if you have a state issued picture I.D., for example, as the Jeub daughter's had, and the birth certificates and social security cards are already on file you can do everything else by mail in most states. Including replacing your social security card. Which you can do for free.

It is a pain in the ass, definitely. But it's not insurmountable. What surprised me was that they seemed to assume that they HAD to go through their parents, even though they are actual adults. And they are computer literate. It just always amazes me how much these parents convince their kids they are indespensible.

I'm really tempted to send her the link to the subreddit r/raisedbynarcissists

I second this. In fact when this was first posted here I was thinking of RBN.

They had a post up on her situation today as well, so they are familiar.

I'm really tempted to send her the link to the subreddit r/raisedbynarcissists

Well, thanks a lot. I've been reading the narcissist subreddits for an hour now. Curse you, Nomoxian!

I'm guessing you're not open to the idea of a family reunion with James. ;)

HAIL NAW!

Brief update on the meeting with Representative Farney:

The meeting went great! I am so happy right now. Farney and her team are simply fantastic, and I'm pumped to be working with them! I think things are finally going to work out.

Thank you all for your support, more updates to come.

Where are you quoting this from?

Archived