IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's Part 2

Mama Mia

it's not because of the card, it's because only mom is on the birth certificate and she's deceased.

At this point she is nearly 18 and if they turn us down then they turn us down.

I haven't seen anything new about Alecia. I hope she is getting her paper work with as little mess as possible.

Lissa1481, I had almost the same situation with my step daughter. Except her mom was just MIA not deceased. I was able to get her SS card with school records and a letter from the school. Its my understanding that they no longer allow using a birth certificate to get a SS card so there was a whole list of documentation that could be used.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, you don't need whoever was on the birth certificate to get a passport, which has nothing to do with your state. You just need the birth certificate and a couple people to swear to your identity and maybe a few more forms of ID, like a library card and a school ID. I just had a friend do this with a teen in a very complicated, hostile family arrangement without cooperation of biological anyone. I think they used their court custody orders too.

Whoever is on the birth certificate might matter in your state, but you can just go above your state and get a passport. Then the license is easy peasy. The passport will help when she gets a job anyway, if she's having such a hard time getting a license.

Not only did we need my kids' birth certificates, but both my husband and I had to be present. Of course they were minors, at the time.

Not only did we need my kids' birth certificates, but both my husband and I had to be present. Of course they were minors, at the time.

Yup, passports for minors require all those things. I didn't know that until I talked to a coworker. She said her son's passport was ready to expire & she & her husband had to go to the post office to get all the paperwork submitted. I asked why she didn't send in the paperwork like I had done in the summer for my renewal. She explained it was more difficult for minors because the government wants to make sure one parent isn't obtaining a passport for a minor without the other parent's knowledge so they can leave the country. It makes sense.

!  {TEXT1}:
I just activated Alecia's account here at FJ. Her username is Faith Pennington, and she is verified. I made it a little easier for her to prove her identity than her parents and Texas have. :wink-kitty: She'll probably be along shortly.

Faith, many people have been following your story worryingly. I was hoping you'd find this place.

Hello FJ! I'm Faith Pennington, the girl with no ID. (kinda funny that my identity is becoming "the girl with no identity") I Googled FJ in September because a friend had told me my escape had made it on there. I've been trying to keep up with the posts. I'm going back no and reading the ones on this thread. Anyway, just wanted to make an appearance and introduce myself.

Hello FJ! I'm Faith Pennington, the girl with no ID. (kinda funny that my identity is becoming "the girl with no identity") I Googled FJ in September because a friend had told me my escape had made it on there. I've been trying to keep up with the posts. I'm going back no and reading the ones on this thread. Anyway, just wanted to make an appearance and introduce myself.

Hi welcome. :thumbsup3::greetings-wavegreen::greetings-waveyellow::greetings-wavingblue::greetings-wavingblue::greetings-wavingblue::greetings-wavingyellow:

Hi Faith! :) Nice to meet you. You are so awesome for getting out of there and letting your story be told.

Welcome, Faith! Congratulations on your giant leaps toward independence! And I hope the process of obtaining identification has been going more smoothly.

Hi Faith,

Just chiming in to add my own welcome. There are many people on this site who are cheering for you. I hope your legal issues are solved soon.

Welcome Faith! As someone who comes from a kind of similiar background..., conservative... 8 kids... etc... although not having identity is not an option here in Australia! Dunno how those weird Americans can do that! :D

Hi Faith - Adding a hello and welcome from Canada. So glad you're here! I think we need to have a "Welcome to FJ" party in your honour. :D

Hi Faith!!!! I realize that you love your family despite all this, I hope you are not hurt by the unkind things I have said about your mother and sister. I hope the best for you, and even the best for them.

Welcome Faith! I've been following your story since this fall and I think you are very brave. -PNC

Ok. Faith's appearance is making me post for the first time.

Your story is what brought me to FJ!

You rock, Faith!

Grateful as I am for the amazing ways the Universe works, I have to admit that I hope that Faith's presence is just the first dollops of snow before the avalanche.

I would like to welcome here all the other future refugees (I won't mention family names right now) that we are worried about in general. I hope that Faith's story gives strength and courage to all the people who feel trapped and think that there is no way out and the world out there is unwelcoming, horrible, sinful etc. No it's not and we're not. There is hope and there are people out there who would open their doors to anyone escaping and trying to break free. Cheers to that. To a better future.

Hi Faith! I'm glad that you found us here, and that you've been able to start working on getting an ID. If you're reading back through all the threads, please just ignore a few posters who've said negative things about you. I had to basically leave my family too, so I hope you're able to build your own life away from yours, and pursue your dreams. It gets easier, and you'll eventually build your own family again, whether that's a spouse, like I did, extended family, or just close friends. Family isn't just blood, and you don't have to put up with control or abuse from your bio-family just because you share DNA. The people you choose and that love you unconditionally can be just as important.

Family isn't just blood, and you don't have to put up with control or abuse from your bio-family just because you share DNA. The people you choose and that love you unconditionally can be just as important.

This. I had cut ties with most of my family. Sharing DNA doesn't make things less serious, it makes everything worse. It is the parents in the first place that should shelter, nurture, love a child the most, and the children's home should be the safest and happiest place on Earth for them. When they fail to deliver.. that's the worst kind of betrayal that can happen to a human being. Parents shouldn't betray a child, take away their future, abuse or manipulate them.

Welcome, Faith! Wishing you all the best.

This. I had cut ties with most of my family. Sharing DNA doesn't make things less serious, it makes everything worse. It is the parents in the first place that should shelter, nurture, love a child the most, and the children's home should be the safest and happiest place on Earth for them. When they fail to deliver.. that's the worst kind of betrayal that can happen to a human being. Parents shouldn't betray a child, take away their future, abuse or manipulate them.

The threads on Faith and other controlling fundie families also make me glad that posters are talking about and recognizing emotional abuse, gaslighting, and manipulation as forms of abuse. It's important that Faith realizes that these things were present. And that recognition gives me hope as well, because it helps me put a name to the negative things my parents did, and makes me think that that insidious form of abuse with decrease or be mitigated in the future.

Archived