IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's Part 2

Mama Mia

ugh. just ugh.

i was scrolling through her fb feed and saw a picture with an interesting caption. it was just a picture of her bare feet propped up on her dash as she was parked, but the caption was interesting.

You might think I'm too proud to sit in my 15 passenger van in the parking lot of the local live theater in my pajamas, with my hair not brushed and yesterday's leftover makeup on. But I'm not.

oh, so that's okay for lisa, but all of her adult kids have to be up, dressed, and ready for the day by 7am (if they want car privileges or whatever. you can't tell me they don't get into some kind of trouble if they aren't ready by then). also, in reading her blog posts, i saw one where the girls HAD to do something with their hair, they couldn't just brush it and leave it, they had to make it look nice. but it's okay for lisa to not brush her hair, apparently.

jesus fuck, the more i read lisa's shit, the more and more i'm glad alecia got out. having to deal with that kind of blatant double standard would be too much for me!

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, she is at it again.

You have to read the self-absorption for yourself.

thepenningtonpoint.com/2015/02/count-your-blessings/

Spoiler Alert! Her kids gave her a book filled with notes about "ME"

Well, she is at it again.

You have to read the self-absorption for yourself.

thepenningtonpoint.com/2015/02/count-your-blessings/

Spoiler Alert! Her kids gave her a book filled with notes about "ME"

All her kids or her captives?

All her kids or her captives?

Touche

:P

Of course, it's all about HER birthday....with a tiny mention of her son's birthday.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Though it was hard to find amidst all the ME

Hmmm . . . here's what I'd be writing:

God alone knows how much I love my Mom.

Every day, she works hard.

Together, we clean the house.

My brothers and sisters all love her.

Excellence is her goal.

Other Moms are not as good.

Undaunted, she keeps us all in line.

Today she looks as young as a girl.

Oh, how I hate to get up in the morning -- but I do it with a smile for Mom!

Fashion is one of her areas of expertise.

How I adore her!

Endlessly, we sing her praise!

Really, she's adorable!

Everyone thinks she is the best.

I'd just have to hope Mommy Dearest shows my page on the blog, and doesn't know what an acrostic is.

In the post about her sons brithday she writes:

"The poor guy does really try, but his mind just doesn’t finish a thought. It’s something we are working on and hopefully, by the time he’s 30, he’ll be ready to go out on his own."

If anyone else wrote that, I'd take it as a joke. Coming from Lisa, I'm certain she's serious.

I also noticed how she pretty much only talked about what he does wrong, what BS rules she's set up for him to follow - and one little thing about how he like Star Wars, but only in relation to how *she* doesn't like it.

:angry-teeth:

Ugh.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
There was some speculation on the older board that one of her sons may be on the autism spectrum. It had to do with her complaining of a lot of repetitive behavior and his lack of understanding of figurative language and a few other things. Again speculation, but the sad part of it was that she pointed out all his "faults" publicly and her comment on his lack of understanding of language was that they refuse to explain because he wouldn't get it anyway.

Sickening.

In the post about her sons brithday she writes:

"The poor guy does really try, but his mind just doesn’t finish a thought. It’s something we are working on and hopefully, by the time he’s 30, he’ll be ready to go out on his own."

If anyone else wrote that, I'd take it as a joke. Coming from Lisa, I'm certain she's serious.

I also noticed how she pretty much only talked about what he does wrong, what BS rules she's set up for him to follow - and one little thing about how he like Star Wars, but only in relation to how *she* doesn't like it.

:angry-teeth:

I can't find this. Obviously I cannot read. Linkie, please?

I can't find this. Obviously I cannot read. Linkie, please?

I'm not seeing it either.

Maybe she took it down??!

I think it was from this post: thepenningtonpoint.com/2012/02/the-trouble-with-thirteen/

She is so demeaning toward her kids. I'm not sure there is a single post about them on the whole blog that doesn't have a nasty sentence or two in it.

there is a small part of me that would admit to some admiration that a person can be in such deep caca and still just go about their business.

I mean it is crazy, I realize that, but if I were in her shoes I would be laying very low. I definitely wouldn't have the moxie to start back to my meaningless blog and post things about what a great mom i am or how young I look at 50 compared to my relatives from bygone days.

I don't get why at some point these assholes can't just say, "You know, we thought we were raising our kids the right way, but some recent events have caused us to reassess and we realize we may have made some terrible decisions, chief among them was to not document our children. Also to hobble our children's ability to be independent"

All of us who have raised kids have made mistakes, some worse than others. But most normal people can look back and have insight into what was good, what worked, what didn't. I would never proclaim on a blog that I was mother of the year. I would never put my life at out there as a shining example of what is righteous, along with a multi-level marketing scheme.

I think what fascinates me and repels me about these people is they are just so twisted and sick. But what is so sad is that there are so many innocent children who are living in these situations: Living with their opportunities and potentials limited from just being born into one of these nut job families. They are being born into a country where theoretically we are free, and yet they live their lives restricted, restrained, force fed ideology that is harsh and hateful.

there is a small part of me that would admit to some admiration that a person can be in such deep caca and still just go about their business.

I mean it is crazy, I realize that, but if I were in her shoes I would be laying very low. I definitely wouldn't have the moxie to start back to my meaningless blog and post things about what a great mom i am or how young I look at 50 compared to my relatives from bygone days.

I don't get why at some point these assholes can't just say, "You know, we thought we were raising our kids the right way, but some recent events have caused us to reassess and we realize we may have made some terrible decisions, chief among them was to not document our children. Also to hobble our children's ability to be independent"

All of us who have raised kids have made mistakes, some worse than others. But most normal people can look back and have insight into what was good, what worked, what didn't. I would never proclaim on a blog that I was mother of the year. I would never put my life at out there as a shining example of what is righteous, along with a multi-level marketing scheme.

The stuff in red, I think, marks the difference between people who have narcissistic issues and the rest of us.

I've known people somewhat like this (not quite as bad), and both "I'm in mourning, my life is over, nobody loves me!" suddenly switching to a chipper "Let's do the usual!" and the inability to make changes based on admitting mistakes and trying not to hurt others in the future,* are pretty typical.

* by which I mean that they do make life changes, but those usually happen if and when they meet the needs of the narcissist, even though they might be covered in a thick chocolate coating of "I'm doing this for you" or "I am trying to be a better person."

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
That, like many of the things Lisa says, is pure Michael Pearl. From To Train Up a Child:

Not to say that lots of individual assholes couldn't have come up with this shit on their own, or passed it along by word of mouth -- I'm sure they do.

If, in fact, Lisa got any of her ideas from To Train Up a Child or the No Greater Joy website, I would be willing to bet that the only reason she didn't credit them is that her big ego wouldn't allow it.

But, if she has ever mentioned them, or if the book is in their house, it would add another aspect to the media attention, which I think would be good.

Sorry but Michael Pearl is waaaay off the mark here (again). In the Bible Jesus takes a little child and says to all of his adult followers that in order to enter the kingdom of God, you need to be like this child. Not childISH but childLIKE, with that sweet, innocent, trusting nature towards God. So rather than trying to remake your kids as tiny adults and beating them when they do not comply, YOU, fundie parents, should be looking at your child and thinking, how can I be more like that?

Of course kids need guidance and help, and they need to be taught certain things, but God is the defender of the weak and vulnerable, and if these parents actually knew Him at all as they claim to, then they would not treat their kids this way. They might not get things perfectly right, because who does? But they would certainly not be trying to justify all this abuse.

In fact Michael Pearl ironically gives an important key here for all these fundie parents in understanding why their kids are "going off the rails". In that very quote above, it says:

"Children with cruel fathers usually mature with a foreboding of their heavenly Father."

Says it all, in my opinion.

She is so quick to delete everyone's comments. Her pics will say "7 replies" or "10 comments" and then you click on it and there's one comment. I was watching a perfectly civil conversation and then poof, she deleted all the other persons comments.

She is so quick to delete everyone's comments. Her pics will say "7 replies" or "10 comments" and then you click on it and there's one comment. I was watching a perfectly civil conversation and then poof, she deleted all the other persons comments.

Figures!

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Want to grab some screenshots?
:whistle:

I think it was from this post: thepenningtonpoint.com/2012/02/the-trouble-with-thirteen/

She is so demeaning toward her kids. I'm not sure there is a single post about them on the whole blog that doesn't have a nasty sentence or two in it.

That was it!

I didn't see it when I scrolled down, but it's 3 years old. I guess once her "kids" become teenagers, she doesn't feel the need to discuss their birthdays... even though they are still considered too young to do anything even after they've graduated from both school and teen-hood. :cray-cray:

i had an odd dream saturday night/sunday morning. i dreamed i was visiting the penningtons for some reason after alecia left, and i was talking to grace (the oldest) and i could really tell from how she was talking when lisa wasn't around that she really wanted to get out, too. i told her that she could do it, that she could do whatever she wants to do, that if alecia can do it, she can do it.

i have weird dreams. :shock:

Back to the topic at hand:

Crickets on Alecia Faith's FB page; the last post was Feb 16th. Wonder if Alecia has been able to apply for her documents and that is working its way through the system or if Lisa and James made providing documents conditional on Alecia stopping her social media campaign (or both).

Also, "everything's normal, move along, nothing to see here" is a classic PR strategy. Things tend to drop away from public consciousness very quickly when it does not reappear in the 24-hour media cycle.

Back to the topic at hand: Crickets on Alecia Faith's FB page; the last post was Feb 16th. Wonder if Alecia has been able to apply for her documents and that is working its way through the system or if Lisa and James made providing documents conditional on Alecia stopping her social media campaign (or both).

i know she was meeting that representative lady. i'm sure it takes time to process stuff. whatever the reason for her silence, i hope it's because something is getting done and she's getting what she needs to move on with her life. that is the most important thing, here. my heart aches for her having to deal with this bullshit. i sense so much potential in her, i hope she gets to express it.

i know she was meeting that representative lady. i'm sure it takes time to process stuff. whatever the reason for her silence, i hope it's because something is getting done and she's getting what she needs to move on with her life. that is the most important thing, here. my heart aches for her having to deal with this bullshit. i sense so much potential in her, i hope she gets to express it.

I just realized that perhaps Rep. Farney's office suggested holding off on the social media campaign while things get sorted out. After all, it has had its intended effect (we hope).

+1 for Alecia Faith's future.

Whatever happens, I truly hope there is some family reconciliation so she is not cut off from her siblings, especially the younger ones and ESPECIALLY because those types of reconciliations are a sign of a HEALTHY FAMILY. Shunning, public gaslighting and disparaging/alienating the departed sibling to her remaining siblings are signs of dysfunction and pathology (are you listening, Jeubs and Penningtons?) And also, especially, I'd hope the Pennington's can reconcile with Lisa's parents because what they are doing is forcing their daughter to choose between her grandparents and themselves, which is a high level of horribleness. AND I'm sure the loss of the grandparents is difficult for the kids remaining at home, who surely must adore their grandparents.

That was it!

I didn't see it when I scrolled down, but it's 3 years old. I guess once her "kids" become teenagers, she doesn't feel the need to discuss their birthdays... even though they are still considered too young to do anything even after they've graduated from both school and teen-hood. :cray-cray:

I was just browsing and this post is super freaking weird to me

thepenningtonpoint.com/2009/11/in-the-hood/

i had an odd dream saturday night/sunday morning. i dreamed i was visiting the penningtons for some reason after alecia left, and i was talking to grace (the oldest) and i could really tell from how she was talking when lisa wasn't around that she really wanted to get out, too. i told her that she could do it, that she could do whatever she wants to do, that if alecia can do it, she can do it.

i have weird dreams. :shock:

I have really weird dreams too, but they seem to help me process my thoughts. I'll wake up and have a new plan of attack for one problem or another. If I ever start dreaming about the Penningtons, I hope I don't waste any dreaming time on Grace. It's Noah that needs our help. I dug up that birthday post that everyone's talking about and felt so sad for him. She sounds like she's exasperated by him. How unkind of her to post such things where he could easily find it one day and feel humiliated.

If Noah were my son, I'd give him the opportunity to join a robotics club or something similar. He likes to take things apart and learn how they tick. I'd also encourage STEM classes. Maybe the kid is a future engineer.

Archived