IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's Part 2

Mama Mia

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just browsing and this post is super freaking weird to me

thepenningtonpoint.com/2009/11/in-the-hood/

She's... saying her toddler is a terrorist... because they're wearing a hoodie... that she let them wear... and this is supposed to be *funny* ??!

I was just browsing and this post is super freaking weird to me

thepenningtonpoint.com/2009/11/in-the-hood/

OMG - I hadn't seen that one. I am at a loss for words. Wait... here come some. Lisa is batshit crazy. How could anyone, much less his mother, look at that beautiful little boy and say something so disgusting? :angry-banghead: I think he looks sweet, but also sad or hurt... forlorn. B*tch.

How often does Lisa think about unibombers that that connection would even come up? Most parents (if it occurred to them to comment on it at all, as hoodies are so commonplace now) would joke and say their kid's got some street cred now, or kid today, hip-hop mogul tomorrow, or check it, my kid's channeling Tony Hawk! Unibomber? :doh:

No mom wants to play Lego Star Wars on the wii?

Ummm... your son is thirteen, you feel nostalgic, and its his birthday... you don't want to play the game he is playing on the wii? Even if you don't like it, who cares!?

If I had a son who wanted to play Lego star Wars with me, I would probably do it, especially if I was in a nostalgic mood.

Actually, this is reminding me that next time my brother asks if I want to watch him play his game, even if I'm not interested, I should take the time to sit down and watch him play it. I don't want to be the next "not now" he always gets. Of course, my brother is only 9, so maybe its different when he's 13.

That line makes me wonder if he asked if she would play with him and she said no because its not what SHE wants to play.

Lisa, you should change that to I don't want to play lego star wars on the wii. You cannot speak for any mothers, because you don't know.

Ummm... your son is thirteen, you feel nostalgic, and its his birthday... you don't want to play the game he is playing on the wii? Even if you don't like it, who cares!?

If I had a son who wanted to play Lego star Wars with me, I would probably do it, especially if I was in a nostalgic mood.

Actually, this is reminding me that next time my brother asks if I want to watch him play his game, even if I'm not interested, I should take the time to sit down and watch him play it. I don't want to be the next "not now" he always gets. Of course, my brother is only 9, so maybe its different when he's 13.

That line makes me wonder if he asked if she would play with him and she said no because its not what SHE wants to play.

Lisa, you should change that to I don't want to play lego star wars on the wii. You cannot speak for any mothers, because you don't know.

I had exactly the same reaction to that.

When my oldest son was about seven or eight, he was a Pokemon card fanatic. I taught myself how to play the game so I could play with him. Was the game something I would have enjoyed on its own merits? No...but it was important to my son and he was (still is) important to me.

If I was a mother, I would be totally down for playing Lego Star Wars on Wii! I can't wait until my friends kids are old enough for me to play games like that with them (that is, if that is what they want to play).

Completely agree. Even if she hates whatever game it is --- who turns down playing what the kid wants on his birthday??? Even more so when she's at that " oh, my baby is growing up" spot ! That's exactly when most moms would be jumping on the chance to engage in whatever activity the kid loved. Especially since she has older kids, so she knows those interests will change.

It reminds me of that sappy / tear jerker poem that was discussed here awhile back. The one that talks about how you never realize it will be the last time you have a kid climb into your bed in the middle of the night, or sing Wheels on the Bus, or pour their juice or Carry them, or drive them somewhere. Because all those moments just pass as they get older. It's supposed to make you appreciate the small, everyday, repetitive, sometimes incredibly annoying , aspects of parenthood.

It's like her post is an acknowledgement of all of that -- but at the end, when she actually has the chance to participate in one of those fleeting moments, she just " nah, don't feel like it"

I play Lego Movie on the Play Station with my son, it's not so bad, better than CandyLand. I once read a book about giant squids to my son at least twice a day for two weeks. I could not return that book to the lIbrary fast enough. I do it because I love him and want to participate in his interests.Ihave to admit that CandyLand Mysteriously vanished after child #3, but connect four can be taught to the very young.

I play Lego Movie on the Play Station with my son, it's not so bad, better than CandyLand. I once read a book about giant squids to my son at least twice a day for two weeks. I could not return that book to the lIbrary fast enough. I do it because I love him and want to participate in his interests.Ihave to admit that CandyLand Mysteriously vanished after child #3, but connect four can be taught to the very young.

It is very easy to cheat in Candyland in order to shorten the game and make sure that the child wins. :whistle:

When can you teach Candyland? Personally I can't wait to teach my daughter how to play... but it's also been ages since I played.

She just turned two in December. Old enough for Candyland or any other games?

Seriously I can't wait.

The purpose of candyland is to teach basic game mechanics. e.g taking turns and turning over cards.

So once you think she can learn those concepts, Candyland would be a good (but hopefully short lived ) choice.

Ah, Candyland. :s I prefer Chutes and Ladders with the kids because it teaches taking turns and helps them learn to be good winners and losers. (Is that not PC anymore? Good winners and good not-winners-but -still-had-funners? ) Anyway, I think they learn a ot when they are gloating about being in the lead and suddenly get wooshed back to the beginning by a chute. It's above my 3 year old's head (he plays willy nilly) but my 6 year old quickly learned not to taunt others and to be encouraging to other players.

we do not have a card for my stepdaughter. She's 17. We have the number, and her birth certificate, but only mom is on the bc, and she is deceased. The social security office won't issue a new card to us, and we were turned down for a driving permit too because of the birth certificate. She has to wait until 18 to apply for both.

This isn't true. My friend's teen got a passport with a birth certificate and her stepmom had to swear to her identity because they didn't have her SS card. Once you have a passport, you can get any of this easily.

When can you teach Candyland? Personally I can't wait to teach my daughter how to play... but it's also been ages since I played.

She just turned two in December. Old enough for Candyland or any other games?

Seriously I can't wait.

No harm in trying. She seems a little young but some kids are better at sitting and taking turns than others.

The little boy in the hoodie looks very worried or scared.

hqdefault.jpg

All children of the 70's should be familiar with this picture.

This isn't true. My friend's teen got a passport with a birth certificate and her stepmom had to swear to her identity because they didn't have her SS card. Once you have a passport, you can get any of this easily.

I don't know. We have tried multiple times. They tell us to wait until she is 18. I would think the rules would be the same by state but maybe they aren't.

So get her a passport. It seems ridiculous that your state would need more ID than a US passport, but once you can get a passport, then you can certainly get a license.

But Alecia would need her birth certificate to obtain a passport?

She hadn't got one.

I meant the FJ poster who couldn't get a license without a SS card.

Obviously, poor Alecia has much bigger problems, like no record of her birth.

Oops sorry. I didn't read through properly!

I have brain fog brought on by teenager studying for prelims. :embarrassed:

I meant the FJ poster who couldn't get a license without a SS card.

Obviously, poor Alecia has much bigger problems, like no record of her birth.

it's not because of the card, it's because only mom is on the birth certificate and she's deceased.

At this point she is nearly 18 and if they turn us down then they turn us down.

I haven't seen anything new about Alecia. I hope she is getting her paper work with as little mess as possible.

Again, you don't need whoever was on the birth certificate to get a passport, which has nothing to do with your state. You just need the birth certificate and a couple people to swear to your identity and maybe a few more forms of ID, like a library card and a school ID. I just had a friend do this with a teen in a very complicated, hostile family arrangement without cooperation of biological anyone. I think they used their court custody orders too.

Whoever is on the birth certificate might matter in your state, but you can just go above your state and get a passport. Then the license is easy peasy. The passport will help when she gets a job anyway, if she's having such a hard time getting a license.

Unless your teen is very, very mature, no. The movie contains a lot of social taboos. Graphic incest and animal violence/death amongst them.

I found "Dogtooth" online (it was a bad YouTube video with the original Greek overdubbed with Russian, so you'd have to listen to two simultaneous voices unless you muted it, and had both English and Portuguese subtitles, to add to the surrealism). It was one of the most emotionally harrowing things I've ever seen, and it was scary how Maxhellian it felt, down to the parents' teaching the kidults fake definitions for words like sea, motorway, phone, and pussy.

Archived