IGNORED

John Shrader: Killing Snakes & Grifting Appliances for Jesus

happy atheist

Don't you think that Daddy Shrader would be pissed if John totally blew him off. Especially if he advertised John's presence for the fund-raising Sending Service on 2/15 and John was a no show. How humiliating!

It could go any way. John could have blown Daddy off and stayed in Zambia. Or he did come back to TX and there was a big row. In either case - stay tuned for massive drama. Or his next update will be all upbeat and happy with no mention of his troubles. John is Kevlar Man.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I bet Daddy Shrader would be very angry if John blew him off and didn't come, but I also think that the apple didn't fall far from the tree with John and his dad would just spin it into being a positive thing to save face. He could say that John is such a devoted family man he couldn't leave his wife and children or something like that. If the new sending church would buy this is a whole other story. I think they will quickly tire of constantly needy John. What they will do then, I'm not sure. I've never seen a missionary situation like this. He is the worst missionary ever.

Actually, his facebook is strangely quiet about his trip to the US. He has been posting pictures of his older children when they were toddlers and someone ask him point blank if he was in TX alone or if he had his family with him and he didn't answer. Today's facebook post by John the Grifter is an anti vax article....

So, transparency isn't exactly a "thing" with him.

You have to be kidding regarding anti vax article-he lives in a place that women with their children in tow will walk 4-6 hrs and wait up to a day to get vaccines, they understand that vaccines has increased the life span of their children. John you are an idiot :music-tool: how do you think you can make it in the developing world with a privileged world attitude? Pull your head out of your butt!!!!

Oh I bet Daddy Shrader would be very angry if John blew him off and didn't come, but I also think that the apple didn't fall far from the tree with John and his dad would just spin it into being a positive thing to save face. He could say that John is such a devoted family man he couldn't leave his wife and children or something like that. If the new sending church would buy this is a whole other story. I think they will quickly tire of constantly needy John. What they will do then, I'm not sure. I've never seen a missionary situation like this. He is the worst missionary ever.

And, while Daddy's church can support Daddy , can it support Daddy and Sonny, the World Traveler?

How much lifestyle is Daddy willing to forgo for a couple of Zambian converts and a pamphlet every year, if the Church of Dad is the only sponsoring church?? What is the risk of losing donors or membership if things start looking iffy in "deepest darkest Christian Africa"?

Hidden and formatted funny because it weirds me out when I google something and my own FJ comments are the top result:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
A cursory google search gave me a full legal name and date of birth for papa Shrader: Ricky Nelson Shrader, born thirty-one August, nineteen fifty-one. Planted this church in 1979. There is a 35th anniversary video on youtube (didn't watch it). I didn't find any evidence of post-secondary education, but maybe some other FJer can.

I kind of love his name. I'm guessing his parents were pretty worldly! :banana-guitar:

I watched the 35th Anniversary video for Tri County Baptist. Pictures set to music, mostly showing the building of the church. The change in fashions was funny. Towards the end they showed pictures of all the missionary families they support including pics of the Reas and of course the Shraders. The congregation is very small town Texas I guess you would say. From looking at FB,John's brothers are way more worldly than him. I have to say I felt bad that the congregation in the pics will be fleeced by John Shrader!

I watched the 35th Anniversary video for Tri County Baptist. Pictures set to music, mostly showing the building of the church. The change in fashions was funny. Towards the end they showed pictures of all the missionary families they support including pics of the Reas and of course the Shraders. The congregation is very small town Texas I guess you would say. From looking at FB,John's brothers are way more worldly than him. I have to say I felt bad that the congregation in the pics will be fleeced by John Shrader!

Katy only has about 15000 people, but it is part of the Houston Metroplex--basically a suburb of Houston. Per a quick search, estimated median household income for Katy is $66,841, which is higher than the State avg income of $50,740.

They are a small town, but they are not out in the sticks compared to many small towns in both TX and other states.(He's not in Muleshoe) Doesn't mean that they aren't being fleeced, but it does mean that Daddy Schrader didn't/couldn't create a mega church in his 35 years, in an area that is rife with them..

Katy only has about 15000 people, but it is part of the Houston Metroplex--basically a suburb of Houston. Per a quick search, estimated median household income for Katy is $66,841, which is higher than the State avg income of $50,740.

They are a small town, but they are not out in the sticks compared to many small towns in both TX and other states.(He's not in Muleshoe) Doesn't mean that they aren't being fleeced, but it does mean that Daddy Schrader didn't/couldn't create a mega church in his 35 years, in an area that is rife with them..

If he was in Shamrock, Pampa, Canadian, Glazier,Hereford or Coleman do I need to name more then it would be a small town-Katy is close to a lot of people compared to these places. Does Ricky still have his remodel business or is he full time at the church?

What a jerk re immunisations. People like that you can't reason with. I hope source is reading his post and people are pulling him up on it.

Makes me so ragey!!!!

What a jerk re immunisations. People like that you can't reason with. I hope source is reading his post and people are pulling him up on it.

Makes me so ragey!!!!

Um, yes. Poor "Source" seemed to have been under the illusion that the kids were immunized. S/he actually assured us that they were. And told us they were medically insured too. S/he was probably taken for another (non-doctrinal) ride on that one as it now appears that John is anti-vaxx and possibly lied to source/source's church.

It's really sad, isn't it? In so many ways.

Makes me so ragey!!!!

He seems to have replaced the immunization post with one on being sent as a missionary....

He seems to have replaced the immunization post with one on being sent as a missionary....

Ha must have had comments about it.

To be fair to John, he's always been very clear that his missionary "Call" was limited to conversion only. In his words: discipling - because his life text is 2 Timothy 1:11, IIRC. And he has no other discernible skills to share.

The fact that Zambia is predominantly Christian has nothing to do with it. John's brand of Christianity is the only true Christianity.

Maybe John's supporters just didn't know Zambia is already Christian. I grew up in churches that supported missionaries, prayed over their little photo cards, watched the videos and saw their boards and native artifacts when they would come through raising support, read a lot of missionary biographies, and even toured the Summer Institute of Linguistics campus in Texas, that's associated with Wycliffe :lol: but even then I didn't know until reading this thread that Zambia or really, any other African nation, is predominately Christian. With John's grifting skills I wonder if he convinced his supporters that he was going to be the 1950's kind of Jim Elliot missionary - flying around, printing gospel literature, bringing ignorant grassy-hut heathens the Good News. I feel sad for the people he took advantage of, with their ignorance and misplaced concern. Not too long ago i would have been right there being brainwashed with them.

I may be really slow, but one of you will know the answer...

I was out seeing if John or his Dad had posted anything about his trip to Texas. I am beginning to think either it went poorly OR it is really a cover for him seeing his sister, which I'm sympathetic to, but why lie?

But Sarah Schrader is married to an Anthony Waller. I don't' think he is a brother to David, but is he a cousin? Anyone know if there is a relationship there? Just curious.

It is strange how John and his Dad did not mention the trip at all. Even if he came to visit his sister I'm sure they would have had the sending service as a cover and I would think one of them would mention it. So I suspect it went very, very poorly or John did not go at all.

It is strange how John and his Dad did not mention the trip at all. Even if he came to visit his sister I'm sure they would have had the sending service as a cover and I would think one of them would mention it. So I suspect it went very, very poorly or John did not go at all.

I hope John did go and Pa Shrader took him to the woodshed and at the very least shamed him into cutting out all the grifting. Then again, I'm pretty sure one has to actually HAVE shame to BE shamed. We know John has none.

I am suspecting that the trip went terribly for John. If he didn't go at all, he would have spun it to make himself look good. Something along the lines of someone "precious" needing his undivided attention. You know, like a nice appliance or vehicle or blessing basket.....

Maybe John's supporters just didn't know Zambia is already Christian. I grew up in churches that supported missionaries, prayed over their little photo cards, watched the videos and saw their boards and native artifacts when they would come through raising support, read a lot of missionary biographies, and even toured the Summer Institute of Linguistics campus in Texas, that's associated with Wycliffe :lol: but even then I didn't know until reading this thread that Zambia or really, any other African nation, is predominately Christian. With John's grifting skills I wonder if he convinced his supporters that he was going to be the 1950's kind of Jim Elliot missionary - flying around, printing gospel literature, bringing ignorant grassy-hut heathens the Good News. I feel sad for the people he took advantage of, with their ignorance and misplaced concern. Not too long ago i would have been right there being brainwashed with them.

Well, I guess I would hope the Church elders or ministers or whatever would research before donating. My niece, whom I love very much, requested donations to support her missionary trip to Indonesia, I believe it was. I had issues with this trip on numerous levels, before I even did research. The research showed that the organization was mostly into making money. I declined to donate, even though I adore her. What I ended up doing was giving her money to be used any way but requested she not give the money to the agency. She respected my wishes and used the money for immunization. Anyway, long story short. Research, if I didn't do research I would have given a lot of money to an agency that is appalling. So I guess I don't feel too bad for the people who donated.

I think most of John's supporters were well aware that Zambia is mostly Christian. At the very least, a cursory google search could show them. They just don't care because the Zambians are not the right kind of Christian. Catholics, 7th Day Adventists...might as well be atheists for all IFBs care.

Well, I guess I would hope the Church elders or ministers or whatever would research before donating. My niece, whom I love very much, requested donations to support her missionary trip to Indonesia, I believe it was. I had issues with this trip on numerous levels, before I even did research. The research showed that the organization was mostly into making money. I declined to donate, even though I adore her. What I ended up doing was giving her money to be used any way but requested she not give the money to the agency. She respected my wishes and used the money for immunization. Anyway, long story short. Research, if I didn't do research I would have given a lot of money to an agency that is appalling. So I guess I don't feel too bad for the people who donated.

@KittenMitten, that was a good solution you came up with as far as donating to your niece. :clap:

I think most of John's supporters were well aware that Zambia is mostly Christian. At the very least, a cursory google search could show them. They just don't care because the Zambians are not the right kind of Christian. Catholics, 7th Day Adventists...might as well be atheists for all IFBs care.

I agree. Most of these IFB church members seem only to hear the "not the right kind" of Christian and feel that is a perfectly good reason to fund. Mind you, general ignorance about Africa and charitable giving is not limited to Fundies.

Stuff Fundies Like recently found IFB missionary on deputation Nader Baraty. He's hot to trot for converting Ethiopia and freeing its people from "enslavement" to other religions like Orthodox Christianity. outreacheastafrica.com In his missionary video he proclaims that only 3.6% of Ethiopians belong to Bible Believing churches. :shock: His deputation video is rather amusingly Eddie Munsterish if you have a minute.

Nader is an interesting contrast to Shrader because he does provide a reasonable budget and has a workable plan for the first year. He is also single but praying for a "helpmate." Was that a Freudian slip for helpmeet?

Stuff Fundies like once had an IFB missionary going to save souls in Atlanta, GA. :lol: That guy claimed there were only three real churches in Atlanta. For many IFB all they have to hear is "God called me" and "they aren't really Christian" and they will start throwing money with little research or thought.

Thank you nokidsmom. I wish I could take the credit, but it was my UU minister that suggested it. Then I found out that my mom and other sister did the same. Sometimes my family drives me crazy but other times they ROCK.

I agree. Most of these IFB church members seem only to hear the "not the right kind" of Christian and feel that is a perfectly good reason to fund. Mind you, general ignorance about Africa and charitable giving is not limited to Fundies.

Stuff Fundies Like recently found IFB missionary on deputation Nader Baraty. He's hot to trot for converting Ethiopia and freeing its people from "enslavement" to other religions like Orthodox Christianity. outreacheastafrica.com In his missionary video he proclaims that only 3.6% of Ethiopians belong to Bible Believing churches. :shock: His deputation video is rather amusingly Eddie Munsterish if you have a minute.

Nader is an interesting contrast to Shrader because he does provide a reasonable budget and has a workable plan for the first year. He is also single but praying for a "helpmate." Was that a Freudian slip for helpmeet?

This makes me absolutely red with rage. Ethiopia was the only African country to have a Christian church before colonization and it was declared the state religion in 330AD, the first nation to do so--yeah, before any of countries in Europe. (And yes, I know Armenians will disagree with me, but I think the argument that they were the first is a weak one.) Ethiopia has a long and storied history with the Christian faith. They sent out Christian missionaries in 327AD, ffs. They've been at this Christianity thing far, far longer than the Baptists sect has and they know WTF they're doing.

This Baraty guy needs to take a seat and open up a book.

Archived