IGNORED

John Shrader: Killing Snakes & Grifting Appliances for Jesus

happy atheist

From Rick Shrader's page (set to Public):

Repenting and having faith are not doing nothing - so which is it Rick?

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I missed the info about the brothers - is one of them really named Edge? And is one of them really a model? I saw the picture of the two, are handsome and look nothing like John. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Can we work this guy into the Church of the Rock? I could stare at his, uh, countenance all day long. Yeah, that's it. His countenance. 8f4bb1110d7d2c227c4e415cfb086ad3.jpg

Patron saint imo lol :D he's a cool guy, humble, a sense of humor... The Anti-John in every way. :lol:

Okay, I missed the info about the brothers - is one of them really named Edge? And is one of them really a model? I saw the picture of the two, are handsome and look nothing like John. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

I cant imagine his name is really Edge...the others have normal names (Jace is just a nickname, according to his Facebook). Maybe he changed his name or is using a nickname or something, its a big leap from John and Sarah to Edge.

John's siblings are so cool, they are not fundies in the slightest, and it is quite funny actually how John is so much like his fundie father, and the rest of them are just normal people. Although then again, he married Esther and half her adult siblings aren't fundie either....and yet they are both the fundiest of the fundie in their families, being grifter missionaries who are the parents of more than half of their parents grandkids. I wonder if they are going the extra mile because they don't want half their kids becoming models, having babies out of wedlock, wearing immodest clothing, using birth control, so think that to do that they have to be the biggest fundies ever and even stricter than their parents.

From Rick's post: I know they have much growing to do and this present discouragement has challenged them to fully trust their Heavenly Father.

Sounds as if Papa Rick knows his kid screwed up big time.

From Rick's post: I know they have much growing to do and this present discouragement has challenged them to fully trust their Heavenly Father.

Sounds as if Papa Rick knows his kid screwed up big time.

What, specifically, is the present discouragement?

People withdrawing financial support?

Lack of converts?

Not printing anything?

What, specifically, is the present discouragement?

People withdrawing financial support?

Lack of converts?

Not printing anything?

Snakes that don't die on the first whack?

Nobody liked his cool Zambian accent and Great White Hunter hat?

Fridge and freezer are white, and he wanted stainless?

Zambians who are already Christian think they are already Christian (crazy, eh?)?

Nobody has given him a theater room with projector, screen, full library of films and professional-sized popcorn maker?

He thought he'd find King Solomon's Mines over there -- or Tarzan or Dr. Livingston?

Really, with John's personality, it could be anything.

I cant imagine his name is really Edge...the others have normal names (Jace is just a nickname, according to his Facebook). Maybe he changed his name or is using a nickname or something, its a big leap from John and Sarah to Edge.

John's siblings are so cool, they are not fundies in the slightest, and it is quite funny actually how John is so much like his fundie father, and the rest of them are just normal people. Although then again, he married Esther and half her adult siblings aren't fundie either....and yet they are both the fundiest of the fundie in their families, being grifter missionaries who are the parents of more than half of their parents grandkids. I wonder if they are going the extra mile because they don't want half their kids becoming models, having babies out of wedlock, wearing immodest clothing, using birth control, so think that to do that they have to be the biggest fundies ever and even stricter than their parents.

Thanks. It is strange that here is such a difference in beliefs and personalities. I wonder what happened?

I also wonder if John has a bit of an inferiority complex about his brothers. They are really attractive and he really is very average. They also seem successful when he isn't in the slightest. Could his desire for the limelight be from feeling he had to.compete with his brothers?

Thanks. It is strange that here is such a difference in beliefs and personalities. I wonder what happened?

I also wonder if John has a bit of an inferiority complex about his brothers. They are really attractive and he really is very average. They also seem successful when he isn't in the slightest. Could his desire for the limelight be from feeling he had to.compete with his brothers?

Interesting question. I think that is a real possibility. Equally possible is that John is the good son and is so far up his own ass he thinks they are the failures!

Could be a bit of both.

How old are the brothers in relation to John?

Are any of the brothers single? Yum Yum!

Are any of the brothers single? Yum Yum!

Ewww. Seriously, are either of them cute enough to have to meet Dad or spend holidays with John?

Ewww. Seriously, are either of them cute enough to have to meet Dad or spend holidays with John?

Or give birth to a Shrader?

Or give birth to a Shrader?

*small voice* I don't think that John Shrader is all that terrible looking, even compared to his brothers. I think the it is all the fundiness and smugness and assholeness oozing out of his pores that make him so unattractive. I think if he lost the fundy haircut and the suit and self-righteous shit-eating grin and the general creepiness/sliminess, he wouldn't be half bad.

And I hope that Daddy Shrader's church tars and feathers him and runs him out of town. Sadly it sounds like he rules that church, and the sheep will follow him blindly. But seriously, how long can they support that massive family in Zambia?

And thank you to whomever posted The Rock photo. I will be drooling all day. My daughter made me watch The Game Plan a few weeks ago. I did so with pleasure.

*small voice* I don't think that John Shrader is all that terrible looking, even compared to his brothers. I think the it is all the fundiness and smugness and assholeness oozing out of his pores that make him so unattractive. I think if he lost the fundy haircut and the suit and self-righteous shit-eating grin and the general creepiness/sliminess, he wouldn't be half bad.

And I hope that Daddy Shrader's church tars and feathers him and runs him out of town. Sadly it sounds like he rules that church, and the sheep will follow him blindly. But seriously, how long can they support that massive family in Zambia?

And thank you to whomever posted The Rock photo. I will be drooling all day. My daughter made me watch The Game Plan a few weeks ago. I did so with pleasure.

Agreed that John would look a lot more like his brothers if he didn't have to dress fundy and go with the conservative haircut and glasses.

That's what is saving John right now, daddy and his church. However, I would really like to see those folks wake up and raise hell over funding this idiot.

• 2 weeks later...

So what is going on with the world's most inept missionary? Has he grifted anything else? Made a video about his trip back home? Saved any Christians from Christianity so that they can be Christians? Ever printed anything? Gotten the key so that he can use the plane? Used the Troupie so that he can take bodies and Bibles out to the bush? It is going to be a year on the mission field soon and all he has done is accumulate worldly possessions for himself.

So what is going on with the world's most inept missionary? Has he grifted anything else? Made a video about his trip back home? Saved any Christians from Christianity so that they can be Christians? Ever printed anything? Gotten the key so that he can use the plane? Used the Troupie so that he can take bodies and Bibles out to the bush? It is going to be a year on the mission field soon and all he has done is accumulate worldly possessions for himself.

Nope, nope, and nope. The only personal thing he's posted since coming back to Zambia is a short entry from a couple of days ago, where he shares that he had a good day of training with the men. Apparently they have finished their FIRST TRACT :occasion-partyblower: They plan to translate into n'yanja and start printing...soon. Yes. Very soon.

Nope, nope, and nope. The only personal thing he's posted since coming back to Zambia is a short entry from a couple of days ago, where he shares that he had a good day of training with the men. Apparently they have finished their FIRST TRACT :occasion-partyblower: They plan to translate into n'yanja and start printing...soon. Yes. Very soon.

Wait......is he in possession of the printing press? Between him and the Rodrigues family, I get my printing presses confoozed. So we can assume that John has completed a precious prototype for the tract and it is probably saved on his brand new laptop that he grifted off of some sucker?

Any news on the state of Esther's uterus? I sure hope not.

Inept missionary? Forgive me for disagreeing. The man frequently has atheist-me going "oh god, oh my god, oh...GOD!" :mrgreen:

I think it's safe to say that unless John makes a public statement, he has accomplished nothing. He is the type that wastes no time in beating his chest and letting the world know of his "successes." His silence speaks volumes.

Wait......is he in possession of the printing press? Between him and the Rodrigues family, I get my printing presses confoozed. So we can assume that John has completed a precious prototype for the tract and it is probably saved on his brand new laptop that he grifted off of some sucker?

Any news on the state of Esther's uterus? I sure hope not.

The last time he posted about the printer/copier, he claimed he had it in his possession. No word on whether or not it works, whether they have adequate power supply to run it, or how they are going to be able to service it.

Assuming they stick to their usual baby-making schedule, we should hear about #10 sometime this summer...but now would be very quick, even for them :?

Archived