IGNORED

John Shrader: Killing Snakes & Grifting Appliances for Jesus

happy atheist

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I may be really slow, but one of you will know the answer...

I was out seeing if John or his Dad had posted anything about his trip to Texas. I am beginning to think either it went poorly OR it is really a cover for him seeing his sister, which I'm sympathetic to, but why lie?

But Sarah Schrader is married to an Anthony Waller. I don't' think he is a brother to David, but is he a cousin? Anyone know if there is a relationship there? Just curious.

I don't believe there's any relation.

It is so weird that nothing has been said about John . I thought it would have been a grand occasion with photos of a beaming John with lots of leg humper comments. But no, nothin.

It had to have been such an unpleasant visit that neither Shrader can figure out how to put a positive spin on it.

Are we 100% positive that he came back to the US?

His dad just posted photos of them together.

Strangely john posted a photo of his kids walking to church on Sunday making it seem like he was still in Zambia without actually saying he was there taking the photo.

I am confused why he doesn't admit he is in Texas?

I know it is a petty thing to be annoyed about, but his hat drives me insane. Why must he wear that hat everywhere?

His brothers look normal. What happened to John?

Strangely john posted a photo of his kids walking to church on Sunday making it seem like he was still in Zambia without actually saying he was there taking the photo.

Wait, WHAT? :o

They are missionaries but they attend a church, or Esther and the kids go when John *might be* in Texas? What Zambian church could possibly pass the theological purity test?

Also, somebody needs to yank that hat right off John Shrader's head. It screams "I'm on a SAFARI for souls in AFRICA!"

Could not find a pic of Esther and the kids walking to church.

Can't see John's FB page so haven't seen the picture. They sometimes go to the Sauder's church in Lusaka.

John has been unsuccessful in doing ANYTHING in Zambia - even starting a home church - so he has to go to someone else's church.

I wonder if he is back in Zambia. My guess is that if Texas didn't go well for him, he hopped on a plane ASAP back to screw things up even more and prove all the haters wrong!

Wait, WHAT? :o

They are missionaries but they attend a church, or Esther and the kids go when John *might be* in Texas? What Zambian church could possibly pass the theological purity test?

Also, somebody needs to yank that hat right off John Shrader's head. It screams "I'm on a SAFARI for souls in AFRICA!"

Could not find a pic of Esther and the kids walking to church.

John has his own church. Sometimes Arcade preaches, so maybe he was covering things while John was gone.

John's actual FB friends keep asking questions or commenting about how they wished they could see him when he was stateside. He has ignored all of them.

The longer this goes on, the more I lean towards him being actively evil. I think if he was just dumb as a box of rocks he wouldn't ignore questions about coming to America. That is a pretty easy question to answer unless you are trying to cover something up.

I'd say both. I just read the Kirk Cameron thread and some one posted a meme that says something like ," I'd like to thank my enormous ego and my utter lack of talent*. Oh... and God." I think that describes John Shader pretty well too.

*except when it comes to fleecing the gullible. He's quite talented at that.

The longer this goes on, the more I lean towards him being actively evil. I think if he was just dumb as a box of rocks he wouldn't ignore questions about coming to America. That is a pretty easy question to answer unless you are trying to cover something up.

Yup. He is trying to cover up his massive, massive failure and the fact that his scheme is quickly falling apart and even his most staunch supporters are now calling him out.

And, formergothardite, I believe it was you that coined him to be "the worst missionary in the history of mankind" or something like that. I would like to nominate that as the title of the next John Shrader thread. Because you know there will be another one. This man - and I use that term loosely - will not stop.

I know it is a petty thing to be annoyed about, but his hat drives me insane. Why must he wear that hat everywhere?

His brothers look normal. What happened to John?

I find the smug grin on the face under the hat even more annoying than the stupid hat.

John doesn't look in the least chastened or humbled in the pictures with his brothers. So much for a come to Jesus discussion with Daddy Shrader. John is the golden boy there.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Were I 35 years younger I'd feel positively defrauded by the Shrader brother on the right!

I'm leaning towards actively evil too. Refusing to answer his Facebook friends, and clarify what he is doing to any remaining funding churches, is low. He is probably racking his brains to find the right spin but he will never admit to wrong-doing. It's all Satan's fault.

I'm leaning towards actively evil too. Refusing to answer his Facebook friends, and clarify what he is doing to any remaining funding churches, is low. He is probably racking his brains to find the right spin but he will never admit to wrong-doing. It's all Satan's fault.

It must be so cool to have Satan to blame. Damn, down part of being atheist, I have to take ownership for my mistakes.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I dunno. the brother on the far left looks dangerous in a cute Fundie way, like he wouldn't front hug, but might (might!) steal a chaste kiss on the cheek if he was feeling reckless.

Anyway, I suspect John is keeping the stateside trip on the down low because once people start adding up the cost of a round trip plane ticket, they'll wonder why they are sending him money, if he is just going to turn around and blow it on airfare. That said, being able to visit his sister with cancer seems it would get a compassion pass.

For those in the know on missionaries, is it considered appropriate to return stateside for compassionate reasons (severe illness in a member of the immediate family) or is it just one of those things where if there is no money, you just can't do it?

Earlier this morning a friend in Houston posted that he was praying for John as he heads "back home to Africa". Seems like a long time to be away from Esther and the kids, but I guess if he's going to travel that far he should make the trip worth it.

Maybe John will post something about the trip when he gets back?

Yeah...doubt it.

I find the smug grin on the face under the hat even more annoying than the stupid hat.

John doesn't look in the least chastened or humbled in the pictures with his brothers. So much for a come to Jesus discussion with Daddy Shrader. John is the golden boy there.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Were I 35 years younger I'd feel positively defrauded by the Shrader brother on the right!

The smug grin, the hat, just everything about John is annoying.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
The brother on the right is the hot one, that is for sure. John looks just like his daddy.

I got the impression John's father's church paid to bring John back here, so he probably wasn't spending money other churches gave him, so that can't be why he is hiding it. He could even just go with "The new sending church was led by God to bring me back to America for a special sending service. At the same time I also had the opportunity to visit my very sick sister. Thanks be to God for graciously providing me with this opportunity."

I really hope that sending service ended up with irate people standing up, interrupting John's sermon and taking him to task for his beliefs and behavior.

ETA: I looked his brothers up on FB and how did they turn out so normal while John is bat shit crazy?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Check out John's comment on this picture. I officially love his brothers. :lol:

John: Loves his brothers....no matter what. Always and forever. Prayed for both you guys today. Praying for you much. Never forget how much Jesus loves you and how He died for you.

Jace: Thanx bro. I think Jesus loves a good fashion shoot too

https://www.facebook.com/houstonfashion ... =1&theater

John's brothers have clearly not followed the fundie path, I wonder if that is why John's father is willing to support his lifestyle. In his father's eyes he might be the only "good" son.

Archived