IGNORED

ALL Photos of Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald's Wedding (MERGE)

nst

I have to admit that the wedding party and bride look 100% better than Jill's wedding. Even with the beards - Bin's beard is growing on me lol/

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those bridesmaids dresses look nice, and no alterations were needed. Good on Jessa for making such a sensible choice! :clap:

Maybe Jessa saw how hard Jana had to work to pull of Jill's dream and "purposed" that she wouldn't do that to Jana. Go Jessa! :cracking-up:

Reason number god knows what for why Jinger is awesome:

She allows that frontal hug. It was just adorable!!

(I promise I'm not creepy like Boob, but Bin and Jessa are very cute in these situations!)

Maybe Jessa saw how hard Jana had to work to pull of Jill's dream and "purposed" that she wouldn't do that to Jana. Go Jessa! :cracking-up:

Also because Jessa probably realizes Jill is an eejit.

Everything about this wedding hands down kicked her sister's wedding in the proverbial ass. From the dresses - all of them, to the the honest, down to earth feeling of it all. Jessa was stunning and I really see passion and warmth in these pictures.

The only thing I saw in Jill's wedding was fulfillment of her womanly duty. So unnatural and forced - no chemistry, whatsoever.

Both sets of pictures speak loudly. Jessa wins.

I love it. Sure, there are definitely things I can pick on (like the top of Jessa's dress not being fitted enough), but it is worlds better than Jill's.

Her dress is stunning. The whole day feels more intimate, less like a school fete and more like a wedding. Kudos Jessa & Ben.

Mullet has already confirmed they are more the bare foot type of people. 8-)

It is speculated she is practising for being barefoot and pregnant?

I love going barefoot. I got married outside and if I could have been barefoot i would have been.

I think people in the South are less formal than in other areas. Last week I kicked out my shoes at church because I was trying to carve a pumpkin ( :pink-shock: ) and my shoes were just in the way. That wasn't the first time I have done it.

I just can't snark on the bare feet.

Edited to correct because my mind is tired.

Jill's wedding I'm sure was great and looked like it was enjoyed by all. That said its amazing the different vibes I get from looking at the pictures from both weddings. I feel like both girls were going for the same feel, but Jessa was the one who pulled it off. Interesting since Jill had a wedding planner & a tremendous amount of help ( hello CinderJana!), and Jessa planned her wedding by herself.

Well let's face it, Jill's wedding was basically a dry run for Jessa's. It was bound to be better really. I just hope they didn't use that same neurotic wedding planner.

Everything about this wedding hands down kicked her sister's wedding in the proverbial ass. From the dresses - all of them, to the the honest, down to earth feeling of it all. Jessa was stunning and I really see passion and warmth in these pictures.

The only thing I saw in Jill's wedding was fulfillment of her womanly duty. So unnatural and forced - no chemistry, whatsoever.

what you said 10000%

not only does she kick Jill's wedding to the curb, she nails it in every way

Jill's wedding I'm sure was great and looked like it was enjoyed by all. That said its amazing the different vibes I get from looking at the pictures from both weddings. I feel like both girls were going for the same feel, but Jessa was the one who pulled it off. Interesting since Jill had a wedding planner & a tremendous amount of help ( hello CinderJana!), and Jessa planned her wedding by herself.

on her laptop while Ben was "studying"

The gown: I feel as if the back of the dress was too big/baggy/not properly tailored. Like it makes her look bigger when she is actually tiny...just like Jill's dress did to her. Is it just me? :think:

(Granted, I know nothing about wedding gowns, having bought a short white dress off the rack at Dillard's for my 6-attendee wedding...)

I am no expert either, but I agree the back of Jessa's gown looked loose on her. It was still a lovely gown and fit her better her sister's wedding dress did. Jessa looks tiny in all her pics. The one that shows off the back of her gown with her hands on her hips.... she looks nearly translucent with the bright sun in the background.

Those bridesmaids dresses look nice, and no alterations were needed. Good on Jessa for making such a sensible choice! :clap:

And good on Jessa for making sure poor Jana didn't suffer for terrible choices!

I definitely feel like Jill's wedding showcased her personality; enthusiastic. I feel like both Jill and Jessa were going for the same feel which was love, intimacy, etc, but Jessa pulled it off better because she was actually thinking about the wedding while Jill basically just told everyone she wanted vintage and showed up. She didn't have any real hand in decorations. Honestly, I think Jill's wedding was purposefully on a tighter budget. Having Jana alter the dresses, really?

another piece of news from the people magazines article

she wore a t shirt with wifey on the front

Ben set his alarm for 6:15, 6:16 and 6:18

she wasn't nervous - she missed him

JB cried

Jessa cried

Ben cried

Reason number god knows what for why Jinger is awesome:

She allows that frontal hug. It was just adorable!!

(I promise I'm not creepy like Boob, but Bin and Jessa are very cute in these situations!)

I get the feeling that because Jessa and Jinger are so close, and the way Jinger did not care about the front hug, the two of them bend the rules a little bit when chaperoning eachother. Ive always thought that the two of them could never possibly tell on eachother because they both feel the same way and love eachother the most out of the others in their family. I also think they snark on their insane family together and complain about how they are stuck being buddies....its good they've got someone like that.

Love Jessa's dress-have to say it gave me some ideas for my own future wedding! Michelle's dress looked nice but Guinn's was a wreck-almost as bad if not worse than the one Michelle wore to Jill's wedding. The flowers are gorgeous,and I love Ben's outfit. I'm torn on the bridesmaid's dresses. They weren't altered and flowed better than Jill's,but the ruffle was a little frumpy to me. Still,the pics are gorgeous and I loved the entire family picture with the Seewalds. The little kids looked so done and Jordyn sticking her tongue out was adorable,as was Ben's little sis.

I get the feeling that because Jessa and Jinger are so close, and the way Jinger did not care about the front hug, the two of them bend the rules a little bit when chaperoning eachother. Ive always thought that the two of them could never possibly tell on eachother because they both feel the same way and love eachother the most out of the others in their family. I also think they snark on their insane family together and complain about how they are stuck being buddies....its good they've got someone like that.

Another reason why Jinger has this whole site dedicated to her. :)

I think they were both lovely weddings in their own way. I think it kind of makes sense that Jessa's would be the more stylish but at the same time more practical. That seems to be her personality in general. While Jill's had lots more personalization - which, IMHO, in some ways didn't translate as well.

Like the bridesmaid dresses -Jill had cute pinterests idea on the hand done underskirt- but didn't really turn out that great. Jessa picked a practical dress that wouldn't need alterations that they could actually wear anywhere.

I love Michelle's mother of the bride dress at Jessa's wedding! The one at Jill's was.....unfortunate. I think that blue dress would be a style that would be practical, fashionable, modest and easy care and would be a great style on her just for daily life. The skirt is mush shorter than she usually wears though! If I was to wear it running after kids and bending down all the time, I might, personally, add an inch, but really, really good look for her.

I still think Jill's wedding was very sweet and lovely though. And hope the two brides didn't see it as some sort of competition.

Is anyone really surprised that Jessa had a nicer and more stylish wedding than Giant Head Flower Jill?

I also think that Jessa's choices reflect her no-nonsense attitude. I imagine her rolling her eyes at getting dresses that have to be completely modified. I do think part of it is that she didn't want to burden her sister (while Jill had a "its all about me" attitude), but I think also probably realized that there were plenty of lovely dresses that didn't need modification so why go through the hassle.

What's the deal with the chick to our far left of Blessa who is barefoot? Thought that dumb idea was reserved for only Duggar brides! She looks like one of BinBob's unfortunate looking sisters.

Jill's shoes are awful, she couldn't have picked a nice flat or something a little more....

That is the truth! Those are not bridesmaid dress kind of shoes. Anna's are great though, good for her.....

For the love of God would someone teach jill (and a few others) how to pose for a picture. Put your legs together, maybe pop one knee out a bit, and good grief put your feet straight. I don't mean pose like a model just stand a little more lady like. :shock:

I am not crazy about Michelle's MOTB dress inJessa's wedding either. It's a better style than the one she wore at Jill's; but the color is not flattering on her or Mary.

Archived