IGNORED

ALL Photos of Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald's Wedding (MERGE)

nst

In a way she is entitled to some princess moments. She has been raising kids that aren't hers for years for no pay, no praise and no life opportunities.

Her whole life has been lived in a home with a pregnant mother and new baby (minus the last 4 years).

In the last 2 years she was training as a lay midwife, was even pictured with open books.

Did she not pick up any tips for dealing with PG discomforts? Did she talk to the Dairy Queen about her experiences?

Sadly, she has never had strong relationships outside of her family, so she likely does not know the intricacies of the dance-the give and take. Few people want to be strangled by a needy spouse. The way she interrupts him during the THs, I'm guessing she is a time and energy suck at home. Pregnancy likely makes that worse. Just wait until that new LO arrives on the scene. Let's hope he is the PERFECT BC inspiration.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just figured out my biggest issue with the Duggar adult women.

I am a 55 yo who was raised by parents who insisted that I be independent, skilled, educated and able to care for myself.

I loathe the "wanting to be DEPENDENT" schtick. If you believe God created you, then he created you in your entirety, including giving you a functioning brain and for most people, a healthy vessel. What a true waste to ignore honing useful talents and skills.

The Duggars have raised a houseful of kids with what skills? Beyond Jana, the rest are rather lackluster outside their little bubble.

What a waste...such hypocrisy.

Derick better save some of his energy, niceness and kindness for when labor starts and that very needy baby enters the scene.

I know that every PG is different, but this is a young, healthy, non working person who knows a great deal about pregnancy and the discomforts of such. I, even as long time RN, have little sympathy for Jill. I was hoping the wisdom tooth episode was just a rare occurrence but I have a feeling that birth and motherhood are going to be reallllllllllllllllly difficult for Jill. I am disappointed. This is what she has been preparing and waiting her whole life for and she presents as woefully unprepared. How can that be? If pregnancy is so tough, I'm really concerned with how she'll handle labor, delivery and a new baby. I hope this will not become Jana's problem to manage.

I want these adult kids to be good at something. Please show me any indication that JBs and Michelle's parenting produced something useful in these kids.

I can't speak on having a pedi or anything, but I had 8.5 months of round-the-clock morning sickness. I didn't vomit a lot, but the nausea never freaking left. It was by far harder than sleepless nights (I barely slept in the last month anyway), cracked nipples and thrush and clogged milk ducts, and all that comes with a baby. I hated pregnancy. HATED it. I didn't handle it well at all, but that has no bearing on how I mother. It's a lot easier to sacrifice when you have that sweet baby in your arms, when she's real , you know? And I find functioing on little sleep to be much easier than functioining while horribly nauseated. Bending over to touch her feet could make her feel sicker, for all we know.

I'm a tough person and can handle just about anything with a brave face, but that kind of sickness can break even the strongest person. There is no escaping it. I really hope that Jill's morning sickness abates now that she's in the 2nd trimester, as it does for most women. Or she's in for a life of absolute hell.

Derick better save some of his energy, niceness and kindness for when labor starts and that very needy baby enters the scene.

I know that every PG is different, but this is a young, healthy, non working person who knows a great deal about pregnancy and the discomforts of such. I, even as long time RN, have little sympathy for Jill. I was hoping the wisdom tooth episode was just a rare occurrence but I have a feeling that birth and motherhood are going to be reallllllllllllllllly difficult for Jill. I am disappointed. This is what she has been preparing and waiting her whole life for and she presents as woefully unprepared. How can that be? If pregnancy is so tough, I'm really concerned with how she'll handle labor, delivery and a new baby. I hope this will not become Jana's problem to manage.

I want these adult kids to be good at something. Please show me any indication that JBs and Michelle's parenting produced something useful in these kids.

i wonder what Jill would be like with absolutely zero outside attention. Something tells me all the wimpy princess BS would be over in a snap and she would switch into She-Ra-getting-things-done mode. i seriously think that's the side of JIll that Derick fell in love with, and the show has kind of corrupted that and she's just playing a role for the cameras because that's what gets the attention. It's not difficult for an emotional person to pull off hysterics. When the real shit hits the fan that same kind of person can turn into steely bitch (bitch meant in a good way). My own sister is like this. Jill's just rewarded for being weak and needy, so that's the route she goes right now. It's going to be so interesting to see how the birth actually plays out. I have a lot of respect for Jana, and Jana and Jill seem very close. That kind of sisterly friendship wouldn't happen if Jill was always a self-centered diva. I know i bag on Jill a lot, but i'm hoping that she can show the world a tougher side, hoping that it's her true nature, and that she's only being a diva because the show suddenly becoming the Jill and Derick show... and courting and Derick's romantic focusing on her, and the whirlwind overseas trip and all that special attention just kind of caused her to take a temporary narcissistic detour for a while. I don't know very many people who'd be strong enough NOT to become a little narcissistic in that situation. It's not very fair that i've ragged on her so much, i guess.

And, OT, i got my wisdom teeth pulled a couple days ago, it's really scary. And i'm not someone who is wimped out by stuff usually.

I also wanted to say: the Duggars suck. They just plain suck at life and the way they raise their kids makes me sick to my core. But I just can't blame someone like Jill, a woman who shares her parents with 18 freaking siblings, a woman who was very well behaved as a child so she very likely got over-looked a lot of the time, for wanting some attention. I'd say her moments in the spotlight have been rare and she's eating it up right now. It's annoying, but a big part of me just feels sympathy for her.

I don't think it is a big deal if Jill opted out of Jessa's engagement episode because she felt sick during pregnancy. Every woman is different. I had no problems managing the pain with epidural free labors - two were even induced - but morning sickness slayed me. I could barely get up off the couch and tried every remedy available to no effect. I would take labor and delivery over again in an heartbeat if I could skip out on morning sickness.

So it's not really fair to slam her for not being a prepared midwife or for being a bad SAHD for not being a shiny, sunny, person during pregnancy. I think it's a good sign when any of them step outside the norm. Whatever her reasons, it seems Jill was actually able to say NO to one episode of filming, and I think that's a good thing.

Besides, it could also be that Jill didn't want to steal Jessa's spotlight. Maybe she knew that the whole season was going to be about her and her wedding and felt uncomfortable with that so stepped back so Jessa's engagement could be all about Jessa.

I don't know. Maybe she is afraid to ride trains or had a fever that day or was delivering a friend's baby. It could be a million different reasons she wasn't there.

i wonder what Jill would be like with absolutely zero outside attention. Something tells me all the wimpy princess BS would be over in a snap and she would switch into She-Ra-getting-things-done mode. i seriously think that's the side of JIll that Derick fell in love with, and the show has kind of corrupted that and she's just playing a role for the cameras because that's what gets the attention. It's not difficult for an emotional person to pull off hysterics. When the real shit hits the fan that same kind of person can turn into steely bitch (bitch meant in a good way). My own sister is like this. Jill's just rewarded for being weak and needy, so that's the route she goes right now. It's going to be so interesting to see how the birth actually plays out. I have a lot of respect for Jana, and Jana and Jill seem very close. That kind of sisterly friendship wouldn't happen if Jill was always a self-centered diva. I know i bag on Jill a lot, but i'm hoping that she can show the world a tougher side, hoping that it's her true nature, and that she's only being a diva because the show suddenly becoming the Jill and Derick show... and courting and Derick's romantic focusing on her, and the whirlwind overseas trip and all that special attention just kind of caused her to take a temporary narcissistic detour for a while. I don't know very many people who'd be strong enough NOT to become a little narcissistic in that situation. It's not very fair that i've ragged on her so much, i guess.

And, OT, i got my wisdom teeth pulled a couple days ago, it's really scary. And i'm not someone who is wimped out by stuff usually.

I hope she rises to the occasion because I can only imagine how a spouse who thought that he was marrying one a certain person and then another person presents once the "I do"s" are said would end up feeling. I hope she toughens up with the birth of that little one and gets back to her can do self, if that's who she really wants to be.

I also wanted to say: the Duggars suck. They just plain suck at life and the way they raise their kids makes me sick to my core. But I just can't blame someone like Jill, a woman who shares her parents with 18 freaking siblings, a woman who was very well behaved as a child so she very likely got over-looked a lot of the time, for wanting some attention. I'd say her moments in the spotlight have been rare and she's eating it up right now. It's annoying, but a big part of me just feels sympathy for her.

It also must be a shock for Jill- I am sure she thought she was capable, hard working, grounded and ready for marriage, homemaking and parenting. I wonder if she is blown away at how different being alone for large portions of the day actually is? I wonder if she now doubts herself? If she does have doubts, I hope she raises her children with more options and arms them with more tools in their arsenals.

I'm lost, did we see a pic of Derrick painting Jill's toenails or was there some preview footage shared of Jessa's wedding? I can't find it in this thread.

Didn't Anna come from a home with quite a few siblings? She seemed to adjust to the married life without a fuss (I guess).

I think Anna has seven siblings. But two things about that, first of all, Jill loves attention. I'm not even saying that in a disparaging sense, she just loves to talk, loves to share her views and opinions, and tell the world about why being a quiverfull fundie is so grand. Now that she's married she's just doing the same thing. Second, instagram wasn't around when Anna was first married and the Duggars were less well known.

It's sad to think about, but other than being born, this is probably the most attention she's ever gotten in her life.

I can't speak on having a pedi or anything, but I had 8.5 months of round-the-clock morning sickness. I didn't vomit a lot, but the nausea never freaking left. It was by far harder than sleepless nights (I barely slept in the last month anyway), cracked nipples and thrush and clogged milk ducts, and all that comes with a baby. I hated pregnancy. HATED it. I didn't handle it well at all, but that has no bearing on how I mother. It's a lot easier to sacrifice when you have that sweet baby in your arms, when she's real , you know? And I find functioing on little sleep to be much easier than functioining while horribly nauseated. Bending over to touch her feet could make her feel sicker, for all we know.

I'm a tough person and can handle just about anything with a brave face, but that kind of sickness can break even the strongest person. There is no escaping it. I really hope that Jill's morning sickness abates now that she's in the 2nd trimester, as it does for most women. Or she's in for a life of absolute hell.

Thank you for such an honest description of pregnancy suffering. :worship: i think i love you. :D

If Jill suffers from debilitating nausea for her entire pregnancy, maybe she'll have fewer than 20 kids.

Sounds brutal.

I feel for Derick's mom if she's watching Jill have a difficult pregnancy. I would think she'd want to tell Jill that she doesn't have to go through that again and again but wouldn't want to risk offending or alienating her either.

Uh, I'm one who's been trying to give Jill the benefit of the doubt about supposedly upstaging Jessa all the time. Nor do I think she shouldn't be pampered by her husband.

I'll level with you: it really is a bit ridiculous to get an impromptu pedicure on the morning of your sister's wedding. It doesn't have to be about wanting attention and taking it away from Jessa, it's just stupid to sit around and get your toes painted in the middle of a crowded area while people are rushing around and frantically trying to get ready for a ceremony that starts promptly at something o'clock.

Jill doesn't have to be on her feet following Jessa around, especially while pregnant, but it was pretty damn dopey of her to wait until the last possible second to get her footsies painted, especially when she could have been sitting and maybe arranging hair on the little girls or pressing linens or something.

Priorities - she no hadz them.

ETA: Just adding that I don't know how the division of labor played out on the morning of the wedding, but I have a hard time believing people wouldn't expect Jill to do anything to help simply because she's pregnant. The Duggars know plenty of Quiverfull women who do a lot while pregnant, mainly because these women spend years of their lives in that condition. My entire point is just that there's a time and place to do certain types of personal grooming, and the morning of your sister's wedding (especially when you are in the bridal party) ain't it.

Oh for heavens sake. The whole thing probably took 10 minutes and made a cute photo op :roll: . Maybe she forgot to get them done before hand. Maybe she was puking and missed the pedicure appointment. Maybe she had done them the day before but the polish had smeared. Maybe getting too close to the smell made her hurl so she asked her husband to touch them up. Maybe she had gotten the wrong color. Maybe her toenails were fine and the photographer or TLC just thought it would be one of a billion shots to add.

God, I really hope all the women she actually knows in real life don't share this whole more macho than thou idea of pregnancy :roll:

If Jill suffers from debilitating nausea for her entire pregnancy, maybe she'll have fewer than 20 kids.

Sounds brutal.

That would be good but Zsu suffers from pretty severe morning sickness and it hasn't seemed to slow her down. I think the idea is pretty much that you have to suffer through it for TLC Jim Bob Gothard Jesus.

Sounds brutal.

. I must have missed this; where did she say she had debilitating nausea? I thought she was experiencing normal morning sickness in the first weeks.

. I must have missed this; where did she say she had debilitating nausea? I thought she was experiencing normal morning sickness in the first weeks.

It is speculation based off of photo evidence, Her remark about morning sickness, and michelle's proclivity to having very sever morning sickness (which can be genetic? I guess?).

But her bug eyed pictures and messy hair may just be from lack of sleep :wink-kitty: instead of being constantly sick.

That would be good but Zsu suffers from pretty severe morning sickness and it hasn't seemed to slow her down. I think the idea is pretty much that you have to suffer through it for TLC Jim Bob Gothard Jesus.

Yeah, it's punishment for being one of those wimmins....

Yah, I thought so too and that it had already subsided or so. I have had hyperemesis with all my pregnancies, I'm nothing but sympathetic for women suffering from morning sickness.

I love to snark on the Duggars but snarking on the pedicure is just a little much. It could be that the toe-nail paining didn't happen at all, or that he touched up a chipped toe. Writers like "grab sentences" in their articles and that may have been all it was. From the looks of Jill's wedding they get there at the damned crack of dawn, there are 10548931038 people helping, it's not like they are doing pre-wedding shots of liquor or any of that nonsense - they don't even have the couples separated before the wedding like is normally done! So maybe they were just bored and he noticed a chipped toe and did it for her.

Pregnancy makes everyone whacked in their own special ways. Saying "I could do this" and "I could do that" isn't relevant to anyone else's pregnancy. Like someone said, maybe the polish turns her stomach. Or maybe Derrick likes him some feet (that would explain the barefoot, too! ;)). Maybe she couldn't find the color of polish that the other girls' were wearing and someone said, "I'll bring it to the church and you guys can put it on there." Who the hell knows and who the hell cares? It's not like he painted her toenails during the ceremony, sheesh.

I guess I am just bugged by the fact that this is the ONE area that Jill has been prepared for...I mean she was going to be a MW but life got in the way- a husband and pregnancy interrupted her vocation, and now even what she wanted is seemingly providing obstacles.

It's weird how mere heathens (in the eyes of Duggarville) are able to get educated, have careers, begin relationships, sustain relationships, get married, have relations (with broadcasting such), get pregnant and continue to work, homemake, maintain relationships and sanity.

I truly hope things get better for her, having the LO is quite manageable and all she hoped for and dreamed of- it would be real crappy to be raised that motherhood and mega families are your only options, only to find out that it's really not what you enjoy or can handle or worse, that your body does not cooperate.

I suppose it could have been any one of those things. At any rate, I will agree that the issue of toenail painting :manicure: is certainly not a mountain to die upon. ;)

I like Jessa's wedding already more than Jills. Also lol at Jill sticking her bump out.

Michelle's dress is actually nice here. Why couldn't she do that at Jills??

In Jill's wedding it looked like she was trying to copy the dress Kelly Bates wore to Erin's wedding

In Jill's wedding it looked like she was trying to copy the dress Kelly Bates wore to Erin's wedding

Michelle and Kelly looked like they got their dresses from the same shop. Exact same colour and rather similar. Kelly's looked the better of the two though... still horrible outfits but what can you do?

Archived