IGNORED

ALL Photos of Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald's Wedding (MERGE)

nst

That was great. What was the point? Trying to get a cute on-camera moment? Jill unconsciously wanting to show the world how sweet and loving whipped Derick is, still? :lol: Starting to think Derick will be really happy to have Baby Dilly to share the burden of keeping Jill busy. And she will be a wonderful, loving mama, as long as her kids don't step out of line. :teasing-whipyellow:

I took that as such a "LOOK AT ME I'M PREGNANT" moment. Even at 9 months pregnant I could paint my own toenails, shave, whatever. She probably just did it for attention.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always felt that J'chelle and Dim Bulb are not too happy about Ben. It's the way Dim Bulb and the Duggar boys treated him and also Jessa quite bold reactions towards her father. Sure, they let him live in the guesthouse, but I guess the parents were a afraid that if they wouldn't allow Jessa to be with Ben, she ran away with him. Jessa has always had a very strong personality and I guess she's just done with her family's attitude. By allowing them to get married it was some kind of damage control imo. Of course we never know,it's just a feeling I have.

I've always felt that J'chelle and Dim Bulb are not too happy about Ben. It's the way Dim Bulb and the Duggar boys treated him and also Jessa quite bold reactions towards her father. Sure, they let him live in the guesthouse, but I guess the parents were a afraid that if they wouldn't allow Jessa to be with Ben, she ran away with him. Jessa has always had a very strong personality and I guess she's just done with her family's attitude. By allowing them to get married it was some kind of damage control imo. Of course we never know,it's just a feeling I have.

I've felt that way about Jim Bob but not Michelle. While I've thought that JB wasn't that fond of Ben, I think that Michelle actually really likes him a lot. Didn't she know about Ben and Jessa liking each other before Jim Bob did? Jim Bob didn't choose Ben for Jessa like he chose Derick for Jill. He was just a means to Ben and Jessa's goal of being together. That in itself probably made Jim Bob down on Ben.

Jessa's ring looks different than what she posted as her engagement rings. Maybe it's one of the bands with diamonds that locks around the main stone?

Jill looks like she's had a rough first trimester. But she's totally playing up the baby bump.

I think the wedding band is interlocking with the engagement band. If you look closely, there is a border of plain metal on the top edge of the side diamonds on one side, and the bottom edge of the side diamonds on the other side.

Sure, they let him live in the guesthouse, but I guess the parents were a afraid that if they wouldn't allow Jessa to be with Ben, she ran away with him. Jessa has always had a very strong personality and I guess she's just done with her family's attitude.

I've always suspected that is why they let him move in. And then Jessa and Ben played nice to get their fancy wedding paid for by the Bank of Boob and then planned to call the shots afterwards.

I took that as such a "LOOK AT ME I'M PREGNANT" moment. Even at 9 months pregnant I could paint my own toenails, shave, whatever. She probably just did it for attention.

I don't know. I knew a woman who couldn't tie her own shoes. She was tiny, but she had a big bump. She also had PreEclampsia and didn't know it. All three kids she had to have help after about six months. Of course after the first time she was diagnosed, she was monitored more carefully the next time, but she still couldn't do anything with her feet or legs.

I don't know. I knew a woman who couldn't tie her own shoes. She was tiny, but she had a big bump. She also had PreEclampsia and didn't know it. All three kids she had to have help after about six months. Of course after the first time she was diagnosed, she was monitored more carefully the next time, but she still couldn't do anything with her feet or legs.

But doing it at the wedding? Seems like things would be too chaotic. She could have had him do that at home and it would be set and dry. Having just-painted toenails right before a wedding she couldn't really help out her sis, or pay attention to Jessa on her wedding day. Just seems kind of self-centered and unnecessary. :shrug:

Have we discussed Guinn's MOG outfit for the wedding? I'm not a fan . . .

It was kind of tight, and the collar was kind of British-royalty looking from 10 years ago. A collar that big needs a hat to balance it out :lol: I wonder if it was homemade. And shiny/dull in one dress was odd. Still better than Michelle's dress from Jill's wedding. And the silver actually looked pretty good when she was standing beside Ben and her hubby, their clothes went together really well imo.

It was kind of tight, and the collar was kind of British-royalty looking from 10 years ago. A collar that big needs a hat to balance it out :lol: I wonder if it was homemade. And shiny/dull in one dress was odd. Still better than Michelle's dress from Jill's wedding. And the silver actually looked pretty good when she was standing beside Ben and her hubby, their clothes went together really well imo.

Couldn't stand the dress, and think it really clashed with the style of the wedding. But choosing a mother of the bride/groom dress is a huge, anxiety producing, stressful process IME.

Especially if you're on the young side. Most fancy dresses look either too girlish/ bridesmaidish, or like they are for a 70 year old, but more like what a 70 year old would have picked 40 years ago. And you don't want to wear the same color as the bridesmaids, but you don't want to clash. And most office type dresses you might otherwise wear don't really look right. And plus, you kind of feel OLD, cause your kid is getting married.AND you have to take into account what the other mother ( or mothers - you might need to coordinate with various step moms or female partners/spouses too ) and grandmothers are wearing.

One of my daughters wedding I thought I picked out a great outfit -- but no one thought to point out to me that the cut made me look pregnant. And the grooms mom wore a similar style but was a teeny, tiny, petite little thing ...so all the photos I'm looking like a 43 year old who is about to give birth - while the grooms mom looks gorgeous.

So, not a fan of what Guinn wore, but understand she probably did her best and put a lot of thought into it.

He is eye candy. I love him like a fat kid loves candy. He is the wallpaper on all my devices. :D

Precisely. Matthew is an A-lister and has a rampant female following. People knows their audience would buy a magazine with a Matthew McConaughey filler article over a Duggar spread.

I think the biggest thing counting against Ben and Jessa for most people is just how immature they can be at times - specifically, the fact that they feel the need to lecture the world on topics they clearly know nothing about. Lots of people do this, but the topics they choose to talk about are very touchy and sensitive subjects for most people (myself included).

Additionally, a lot of people were bothered by Ben's over-the-top romantic way of speaking and Jessa's seeming lack of interest. Personally, I just figured that Jessa wasn't all that comfortable showing vulnerability to the camera (and being in love does make you vulnerable), while Ben was just being himself. I think we sometimes forget that the show doesn't accurately portray every second of their lives.

Does that have any bearing on whether they love one another? No, absolutely not. I don't doubt that they do honestly love one another and I honestly wish them the best.

As for Jill and Derick, I honestly don't think that TLC gave an accurate portrayal of their relationship timeline. People have pointed out discrepancies from the show regarding this in other places, but it wouldn't surprise me if they kept the relationship quiet until they were officially courting. It is still possible that the timeline shown was accurate though.

Additionally, I think their personalities played a role in how people view their relationship as well. They both seem like happy and positive individuals - Jill especially is a very bubbly and optimistic person who isn't afraid to show her feelings (or, at least, to show her happiness). Derick is a bit more reserved, but he doesn't seem to mind showing his feelings either. Same with Ben, though (as I said earlier) Jessa seems a bit more unwilling to share some things with the world - and given that her entire life has been on display for years I can't say I blame her.

Marriage is something that can be difficult at times and both couples are bound to have some issues pop up every now and then. Hopefully they are mature enough to be able to work through these things together.

Listen, I think they are disgusting and immature with regards to their political and religious beliefs. As a Jewish women, I find the use of the Shoah as a prop by gentiles to be extremely offensive and hurtful. But I don't doubt for a second that Jill and Derick feel the same exact way. Their silence may be a sign of maturity or maybe its more insidious. I sometimes see their silence on social media as even more dangerous because their beliefs are giftwrapped int a bubbly, aww shucks package. At least Ben and Jessa are open with their hate.

QFT!!

Every photo of Jilly bean is about that bump.

I could paint my toes after breaking my back. It took lots of pillows and the table but I could do it.

I never wanted the fact I was in a wheelchair for so long to affect anything I did. I didn't want to draw any attention to myself.

If Jill is meant to be so modest, she needs to stop. WE GET IT; you're having a next generation Duggar...

Wait, so Jill had Derick paint her toenails at Jessa's wedding? I hadn't heard that one before.

If they had been at home the night before and he'd done it for her then, I'd have thought it was a sweet gesture on Derick's part. But why didn't she do it there instead of at the wedding? Pedicures last, he could have helped her with that two weeks before the wedding!

Just seems like a really inconsiderate thing to do on Jill's part. :evil-eye:

How out of shape is Jill if she cannot paint her own toenails when she is not even halfway along! By the time she reaches 40 weeks, she will probably just be lying there and having Derick feed her and carry her to the bathroom.

If Jill is meant to be so modest, she needs to stop. WE GET IT; you're having a next generation Duggar...

And it's not even the first grandchild or the first grandson. 'Just' grandchild #4/Grandson #3. Poor JillyMuffin. She's trying so hard to still be special now her princess wedding day has passed.

Precisely. Matthew is an A-lister and has a rampant female following. People knows their audience would buy a magazine with a Matthew McConaughey filler article over a Duggar spread.

Listen, I think they are disgusting and immature with regards to their political and religious beliefs. As a Jewish women, I find the use of the Shoah as a prop by gentiles to be extremely offensive and hurtful. But I don't doubt for a second that Jill and Derick feel the same exact way. Their silence may be a sign of maturity or maybe its more insidious. I sometimes see their silence on social media as even more dangerous because their beliefs are giftwrapped int a bubbly, aww shucks package. At least Ben and Jessa are open with their hate.

True. I don't douvt Jill - and all the other Duggar kids - believe the same. And I do agree that Jill's sulence could before damaging; however I still do appreciate the fact that she doesn't make those views public. it makes it tougher for people to see how dangerous their views are, but there are tons of people who share those same views and defend people who make those views public. It's a disgusting way to view things and I hate thinking that the Duggars may encourage people to believe these things.

Still wish both couples the best. The girls didn't choose to be born into any of this and haven't had much opportunity to learn things not approved by their parents. Hopefully marriage gives them the chance to learn new things.

How out of shape is Jill if she cannot paint her own toenails when she is not even halfway along! By the time she reaches 40 weeks, she will probably just be lying there and having Derick feed her and carry her to the bathroom.
haha! yes, ITA, and i'm kind of envious of how Derick pampers her. That camping trip they went on at the very beginning of her pregnancy, I could just imagine she spent the whole time in a camp chair with Derick arranging her pillows. :roll:

haha! yes, ITA, and i'm kind of envious of how Derick pampers her. That camping trip they went on at the very beginning of her pregnancy, I could just imagine she spent the whole time in a camp chair with Derick arranging her pillows. :roll:

Yeah, how DARE she have a husband who wants to do nice things for her? Doesn't she know her only purpose in life is to serve her husband, not the other way around??? :roll:

And give me a break on all this BS about how Jill was being soooo inconsiderate at her sister’s wedding. Not everything Jill does is some evil ploy to be the center of attention. Was she supposed to be following Jessa around everywhere hoping to cater to her every needs instead? If she did, I bet people here would have been calling her a suck-up instead. :roll: I’m sure Jessa had more than enough help with the dozens of people surrounding her while she was getting ready and it likely that Jill wasn't as needed. So what if she decided to spend some downtime with her husband? A reporter happened to catch them sharing a silly/cute moment together and wrote a short blurb about it. It’s not like Jill was posting selfies of her pedicure on the day of her sister's wedding.

Speaking of selfies, I'm not sure why it's such a big deal if Jill wants to show off her baby bump in photos. Newsflash - Jill is excited about her pregnancy y'all! She's really no different from millions of other expecting moms out there who wants to share every last detail and photos with others because they think people are just as excited about their pregnancy as they are. And in Jill's case she really does have many, many fans out there who are interested in 'Baby Dilly'. So she indulges them with the occasional update. How does that make her any more of an attention-whore than Jessa posting her millionth selfie on IG? Or good god, her parents?

I'm going to assume that the toe nail painting was done for the cameras as another example of how "cute" and "quirky" those Duggars are and how sweet Derrick is. As stupid and trashy as these people are, even Jill knows better than to wait until she's actually at a wedding and in a public area to have her husband give her a pedicure. The whole thing sounds scripted.

I don't see the big deal about showing off the baby bump. It's silly, I guess, but she's excited and her behavior seems pretty common. Remember how Anna started wearing maternity tops with Mackynzie before the pee dried on the pregnancy test?

And count me in among those who much prefer Jessa's obnoxious bloviating to Jill's "sweet" and "mature" preaching. I like my wolves dressed as wolves.

we're not really trashing Derick for being sweet, or saying Jill should be all fundie wife doormat, we're just saying how it's kind of annoying when someone plays the princess role... especially considering (for me anyway) a little envy about how nice it would be to have a hubby that would play along with that. :lol: Derick is definitely one in a million.

we're not really trashing Derick for being sweet, or saying Jill should be all fundie wife doormat, we're just saying how it's kind of annoying when someone plays the princess role... especially considering (for me anyway) a little envy about how nice it would be to have a hubby that would play along with that. :lol: Derick is definitely one in a million.

In a way she is entitled to some princess moments. She has been raising kids that aren't hers for years for no pay, no praise and no life opportunities.

Derick better save some of his energy, niceness and kindness for when labor starts and that very needy baby enters the scene.

I know that every PG is different, but this is a young, healthy, non working person who knows a great deal about pregnancy and the discomforts of such. I, even as long time RN, have little sympathy for Jill. I was hoping the wisdom tooth episode was just a rare occurrence but I have a feeling that birth and motherhood are going to be reallllllllllllllllly difficult for Jill. I am disappointed. This is what she has been preparing and waiting her whole life for and she presents as woefully unprepared. How can that be? If pregnancy is so tough, I'm really concerned with how she'll handle labor, delivery and a new baby. I hope this will not become Jana's problem to manage.

I want these adult kids to be good at something. Please show me any indication that JBs and Michelle's parenting produced something useful in these kids.

Yeah, how DARE she have a husband who wants to do nice things for her? Doesn't she know her only purpose in life is to serve her husband, not the other way around??? :roll:

And give me a break on all this BS about how Jill was being soooo inconsiderate at her sister’s wedding. Not everything Jill does is some evil ploy to be the center of attention. Was she supposed to be following Jessa around everywhere hoping to cater to her every needs instead? If she did, I bet people here would have been calling her a suck-up instead. :roll: I’m sure Jessa had more than enough help with the dozens of people surrounding her while she was getting ready and it likely that Jill wasn't as needed. So what if she decided to spend some downtime with her husband? A reporter happened to catch them sharing a silly/cute moment together and wrote a short blurb about it. It’s not like Jill was posting selfies of her pedicure on the day of her sister's wedding.

Speaking of selfies, I'm not sure why it's such a big deal if Jill wants to show off her baby bump in photos. Newsflash - Jill is excited about her pregnancy y'all! She's really no different from millions of other expecting moms out there who wants to share every last detail and photos with others because they think people are just as excited about their pregnancy as they are. And in Jill's case she really does have many, many fans out there who are interested in 'Baby Dilly'. So she indulges them with the occasional update. How does that make her any more of an attention-whore than Jessa posting her millionth selfie on IG? Or good god, her parents?

Uh, I'm one who's been trying to give Jill the benefit of the doubt about supposedly upstaging Jessa all the time. Nor do I think she shouldn't be pampered by her husband.

I'll level with you: it really is a bit ridiculous to get an impromptu pedicure on the morning of your sister's wedding. It doesn't have to be about wanting attention and taking it away from Jessa, it's just stupid to sit around and get your toes painted in the middle of a crowded area while people are rushing around and frantically trying to get ready for a ceremony that starts promptly at something o'clock.

Jill doesn't have to be on her feet following Jessa around, especially while pregnant, but it was pretty damn dopey of her to wait until the last possible second to get her footsies painted, especially when she could have been sitting and maybe arranging hair on the little girls or pressing linens or something.

Priorities - she no hadz them.

ETA: Just adding that I don't know how the division of labor played out on the morning of the wedding, but I have a hard time believing people wouldn't expect Jill to do anything to help simply because she's pregnant. The Duggars know plenty of Quiverfull women who do a lot while pregnant, mainly because these women spend years of their lives in that condition. My entire point is just that there's a time and place to do certain types of personal grooming, and the morning of your sister's wedding (especially when you are in the bridal party) ain't it.

Archived