IGNORED

ALL Photos of Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald's Wedding (MERGE)

nst

Maybe that's a volunteer but I think it is funny that someone wore a jean jacket to the blessed event.

So glad I'm not the only person who thought that! Jeebus, who wears a jean jacket to a church (or synagogue, or temple, or mosque) wedding??! Fundies carry on about their "old-fashioned values" but that doesn't always apply to what many of us consider "proper" attire for religious services and/or weddings!!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love her dress, I'm surprised she didn't raise the neckline though. I'm glad she didn't, but I can practically hear J'chelle bitching about it.

I love her dress too...very classy look. Love the color and the style is appropriately modest. Nice job Jessa! I like Ben's look also...nice young look that fits him well.

The majestic pearls! :lol:

Jessa's dress is by far the best we've seen. I like her hair piece too, but am still annoyed that these girls can't bother to trim a few inches off their hair to keep it healthier looking. You can still have long Gothard-approved hair that isn't trashed.

The horse-drawn carriage is super cheesy. I have a feeling that was Ben's idea.

The dress is very beautiful, not feeling Ben's outfit though, it's very ventriloquist's dummy.

I love the carriage, so much classier than a car that has been trashed. My guess is that no one is going to mess with someone else's horse and carriage. Jim Bob isn't going to pay to fix it.

I like their idea of no kiss at the wedding because it is the first thing that is truly theirs alone. Every moment of their relationship has been watched by someone else. Jim Bob didn't dictate this and only they own it. I wouldn't do it because my first kiss was decades ago and I would totally kiss at my wedding but I love it for them.

The majestic pearls! :lol:

Jessa's dress is by far the best we've seen. I like her hair piece too, but am still annoyed that these girls can't bother to trim a few inches off their hair to keep it healthier looking. You can still have long Gothard-approved hair that isn't trashed.

The horse-drawn carriage is super cheesy. I have a feeling that was Ben's idea.

That's my main gripe. The bottom of their hair just looks so dry and unhealthy. It would actually grow quicker if they just went and cut a few inches off it for the sake of their hair's health.

I really like that they still include Jackson in with the little girls , because that's who he is more comfortable with. It will be really sad if they start making him only hang out with the other howlers in a couple years.

He may still be playing with the little girls, but I noticed in this last season, they have started to put Jackson in with the howlers rather than the little J girls in the talking head segments. It's funny when you notice these things! :pink-shock:

That's my main gripe. The bottom of their hair just looks so dry and unhealthy. It would actually grow quicker if they just went and cut a few inches off it for the sake of their hair's health.

And during the planning for Jill's wedding they had the special "treat" of going to that salon to have their hair done. You'd have thought that at least one of those stylists would have suggested that!

Someone else said it, but what was the point of that when they all were curling their own hair before Jill's wedding? We know "daddy" likes long hair on his girls, but they have perfect hair for up-dos.

That's because you're not fundie. In the fundieverse normal playing cards belong to Satan(when I went to school there was a series of math exercises that involved working out the probabilities of drawing certain cards from a standard pack. Some parents were not pleased.) but the Dutch Blitz is completely a-okay.

That's a total myth. Your hair will not grow faster if you trim/cut it, hair is dead the second it comes out of your scalp, nothing you do to the ends will have any effect on the growth. Now, if you have hair that's so damaged and brittle that it keeps breaking off and won't get any longer, cutting the damaged part may eventually allow your hair to get longer, but it doesn't "make it grow faster".

People keep saying that their hair doesn't look healthy, but I actually think it looks remarkably healthy considering the amount of damage they subject it to on a daily basis.

I think most people aren't used to seeing hair that long, and they don't realize that's just how hair looks naturally when you let it grow out. Unless you get obsessive trims (in which case you're often cutting off the same amount you just grew and therefore your hair won't get any longer) long hair naturally has a taper. My hair does and I have very healthy hair, no split ends, but someone just glancing might think my ends were scraggly (and I just cut six inches off a couple months ago). Whereas someone can have a very blunt hemline and their hair might be full of split ends.

Sorry, this is just a pet peeve of mine. The Duggar girls have such pretty hair, and it's so thick. What kills me is there are so many beautiful buns/updos/braids that would look amazing in their hair and they never do anything other than curl it. My hair is naturally really thin and I'd kill to have hair that thick. People are always surprised when I wear my hair down because when I wear it in a bun it looks very unimpressive and tiny.

... I actually think it looks remarkably healthy considering the amount of damage they subject it to on a daily basis.

At least they are not perming it anymore. I cringed when they had the episode about them doing home perms. It's that big-time out of style?

What kills me is there are so many beautiful buns/updos/braids that would look amazing in their hair and they never do anything other than curl it.

And they never wear it up just casually either. Maybe a ponytail here or there. JB likes long hair on his girls. I guess Locks of Love is out of luck in getting any of their hair!

That's a total myth. Your hair will not grow faster if you trim/cut it, hair is dead the second it comes out of your scalp, nothing you do to the ends will have any effect on the growth. Now, if you have hair that's so damaged and brittle that it keeps breaking off and won't get any longer, cutting the damaged part may eventually allow your hair to get longer, but it doesn't "make it grow faster".

People keep saying that their hair doesn't look healthy, but I actually think it looks remarkably healthy considering the amount of damage they subject it to on a daily basis.

I think most people aren't used to seeing hair that long, and they don't realize that's just how hair looks naturally when you let it grow out. Unless you get obsessive trims (in which case you're often cutting off the same amount you just grew and therefore your hair won't get any longer) long hair naturally has a taper. My hair does and I have very healthy hair, no split ends, but someone just glancing might think my ends were scraggly (and I just cut six inches off a couple months ago). Whereas someone can have a very blunt hemline and their hair might be full of split ends.

Sorry, this is just a pet peeve of mine. The Duggar girls have such pretty hair, and it's so thick. What kills me is there are so many beautiful buns/updos/braids that would look amazing in their hair and they never do anything other than curl it. My hair is naturally really thin and I'd kill to have hair that thick. People are always surprised when I wear my hair down because when I wear it in a bun it looks very unimpressive and tiny.

Wait. What? Their hair length and style is unusual? I'm actually very surprised. While I've seen a big range of styles and lengths, Where I live, long loose hair is probably the most common style for women. Certainly for girls and young women in their early twenties, but for lots of women of all ages - even women in their 50's ( like me) .

The crunchy curls they used to style, no. Not since 2000 ish. But just down and length somewhere mid-back to lower waist is really common.

Is that not the norm?

Wait. What? Their hair length and style is unusual? I'm actually very surprised. While I've seen a big range of styles and lengths, Where I live, long loose hair is probably the most common style for women. Certainly for girls and young women in their early twenties, but for lots of women of all ages - even women in their 50's ( like me) .

The crunchy curls they used to style, no. Not since 2000 ish. But just down and length somewhere mid-back to lower waist is really common.

Is that not the norm?

I think Jessa and Jill's hair is longer than the norm. Keep in mind those curls take several inches off the length.

Jinger and Jana have hair that seems about average with the current style... a few years ago I rarely saw people with hair anywhere near as long as mine. Now it's not all that uncommon, but I only know one person that keeps their hair below their shoulder blades other than my mom, who's a total oddity in her age range. It must vary from region to region.

Jessa and Jill seem to have crossed the magical line where people stop saying they have nice hair and start saying it's damaged and stringy. (which in my experience is somewhere between waist length and butt length) It is becoming more popular, but I do think people aren't as used to it. So not unusual necessarily, but less common. Does that make sense? :D

I think Jessa and Jill's hair is longer than the norm. Keep in mind those curls take several inches off the length.

Jinger and Jana have hair that seems about average with the current style... a few years ago I rarely saw people with hair anywhere near as long as mine. Now it's not all that uncommon, but I only know one person that keeps their hair below their shoulder blades other than my mom, who's a total oddity in her age range. It must vary from region to region.

Jessa and Jill seem to have crossed the magical line where people stop saying they have nice hair and start saying it's damaged and stringy. (which in my experience is somewhere between waist length and butt length) It is becoming more popular, but I do think people aren't as used to it. So not unusual necessarily, but less common. Does that make sense? :D

Thanks for the info. Must be by region. In thinking about it most of the women I know who have hair shorter than their shoulder blades, including very short, are in their early thirties. Almost everyone else up through late twenties has it longer, and not particularly styled, other than maybe some layers, or pulled back in a ponytail or with a clip. And over half the older women keep theirs the same. I'm pretty old and mines about waist length.

On the topic of Jessa's hair: I definitely think an updo would've looked better with that dress. What I wonder is how many of her hairs got caught on that heavily beaded bodice. My hair isn't all that long (the longest point is just below my shoulder), but I have a sequined cardigan that always has stray hairs stuck in it after I wear it.

Archived