IGNORED

ALL Photos of Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald's Wedding (MERGE)

nst

Mullet is trying way too hard - "It's a beautiful, perfect, sunshiney day!" Gag unto me with a spoon... :ew:

Also laughed at Derick painting Jill's toenails.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Class, what have we learned, today?

-Jessa gave all those pre-Ben stink eyes for a reason. :chi-yes:

-She definitely knows how to be a Diva, and it may serve her well in moving toward fundie light.

-She managed to get her boyfriend moved into the (tool)shed, in spite of how it could be "misread" by the world (you say barn, I say tool shed. You say garage, I say tool shed.) :cracking-up:

Girlfriend's got some mad "got what I wanted" skills.

-she held his hand PRE-ENGAGEMENT, and he held hers....and we AINT a lettin' go. :penguin-no:

-full frontal hug action after he popped the question (and again, we AINT a lettin' go.) :penguin-no:

-"I'll take that gown in blush pink, NOT virgin white, thank you very much!" :angelic-green:

-"Cake? Who needs cake? I'm my own person. If Jilly B can ditch her shoes, I can totally ditch my cake." Sayonara, tradition. :cupcake:

-"My parents insist we set our own courtship rules. Alrighty, then. Tell you what. When it comes time for Pops to hang our first kiss out on the clothesline of legalism and pride, I'm gonna pluck those "clothespins" right out of his hands and flee the alter, so my man-cub and I can get our smooch on in private." :romance-kisslips:

-"And to top my independent spirit off...If *I* want to post a b&w picture within 24 hours of me and my man, skin showing and engulfed in a passionate kiss, I'M DOING IT!"

:auto-dirtbike: :kiss-ass: :auto-dirtbike:

p.s. Hey, momma, my jurisdiction has a hole in it. The :chores-laundry: needs folding, the :chores-mop: has a spill on aisle 9, the :sewing: won't work (I jammed it so you can't make Jan-derella sew until her knuckles bleed), and the :happy-wavemulticolor: are swinging from the balcony, unattended by a sister-mom.

HASTA LUEGO!

Manners, poise, grace, elegance, style.. such things are not the Duggar forte.

Barefoot in the backyard indeed.

Manners, poise, grace, elegance, style.. such things are not the Duggar forte.

Barefoot in the backyard indeed.

IKR? And since Duggars are lacking in social graces, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see J'chelle do a "trash the dress" episode. :pray: How would she do it??? (assuming, hypothetically, that she would, since we know she is waaay too in love with it to do such a thing.)

Its so funny, because a week ago, everyone on here was hating on Jessa and Ben. I still feel the exact same way. I do see the "passion" in their photos, but I think its just because that is her personality. She is passionate and intense, and he's a loverboy. Whereas Jill and Derick are more mellow and conservative, so their pics came out like that. I still think their marriage is going to be a shit-show and that they are not suited well for each other.

But, I love that they are ducking tradition! Gives me hope that she will be allowed a lot of freedom in the coming years.

Its so funny, because a week ago, everyone on here was hating on Jessa and Ben. I still feel the exact same way. I do see the "passion" in their photos, but I think its just because that is her personality. She is passionate and intense, and he's a loverboy. Whereas Jill and Derick are more mellow and conservative, so their pics came out like that. I still think their marriage is going to be a shit-show and that they are not suited well for each other.

But, I love that they are ducking tradition! Gives me hope that she will be allowed a lot of freedom in the coming years.

Actually, I have to agree. Yes, I like how Jessa's engagement/marriage played out (thumb to nose toward all the "rules"). And I LOVED how she and Ben's actual "Will you marry me?" moment went down. BUT...I do think you're right on how the marriage will play out in reality. There is TONS of chemistry between them (I think), but it is driven by sexual tension, inexperience, and youth. THAT will not a marriage make for the long haul.

Its so funny, because a week ago, everyone on here was hating on Jessa and Ben. I still feel the exact same way.

I feel the same way too. Were we not expecting a cute wedding? I still think they are way too immature and living up to it by their actions. Time will tell. There was this overall love-fest for Jill and Derrick when their wedding took place, now suddenly that's all changed! :lol:

I feel the same way too. Were we not expecting a cute wedding? I still think they are way too immature and living up to it by their actions. Time will tell. There was this overall love-fest for Jill and Derrick when their wedding took place, now suddenly that's all changed! :lol:

Don't people inherently want a marriage to work? To feel that, after all, that marriage was a good decision and the wedding was beautiful so we can all breathe easier now?

I think of it as much the same as when a person dies, suddenly that person is a Saint and all the irritating, annoying bad things are kind of forgotten.

It makes me feel like a bad person to continue to feel critical of what I think is a bad marriage decision at and after the wedding. Til that divorce hits. Then Im all 'TOLD YOU SO."

It is funny. They're still not my favorites and I still think Bin is a tool, but I was expecting to hate everything about their wedding and their engagement was actually sweet and the wedding looks beautiful. Plus I'm so Jill-d out, I'll take what I can get.

Exactly. I see the passion as well, but I think you're right that it just has to do with the different personalities at play. I think that Jessa and Ben could have a very happy and loving marriage, but it will take work (marriages always do).

I'm also going to withhold judgment on whether the wedding was nice or not until the episode airs. People were falling all over themselves after Jill's wedding photos were released - a few months later and people are saying it looked horrible. I still think that Jill's wedding looked lovely and fit her personality well, while Jessa's wedding was also lovely and fit her personality well.

even now it seems Jill is always afraid of being alone - and I don't get that part - I am not a clingy person - so it grates on me

what I see between jessa and ben is yes PASSION and fun and overwhelming sense of peace and I found my soul mate type :D you see that in the proposal and you see that in the wedding

I think it just boils down to personality differences. Jessa has always seemed like a very confident and self-assured person. Jill, despite her outgoing nature and bubbly attitude, may not be as confident. Combined with the fact that Jill was literally never alone her entire life and immediately wound up in a situation where she is by herself for hours at a time, I can see why she would be uncomfortable or nervous.

As for Jessa, I think a big part of her reaction could be because Ben doesn't have a job that takes him away from home at the moment. So, for now, she honestly won't have to be alone the way that Jill is.

Totes! I think we all got a bit sick of Jill after a while too, with the endless planning episodes. I wonder if we're going to get a full season of Jessa now...

Totes! I think we all got a bit sick of Jill after a while too, with the endless planning episodes. I wonder if we're going to get a full season of Jessa now...

I think 70% Jessa and wedding planning and 35% Baby Dillard

I think 70% Jessa and wedding planning and 35% Baby Dillard

Probably. I'm going to take a chance and say that a few months from now everyone will be sick of Jessa and will think her wedding was cheesy and the pictures were too overdone.

I think its interesting that most people seem to think Jill and Derick are a true love connection but Jessa and Ben are all about passion and hormones. Jill and Derick were paired up by her parents and barely knew each other (in person) 4 months before getting married (my timeline may be off, but it was very short). Jill and Derick are as much of a love connection as any arranged fundie marriage. They went from 0 to baby incredibly fast and I worry what will happen when they are out of their honeymoon phase and realize they don't know each other at all.

Jessa and Ben were together nearly a year which is unheard of in fundie circles before marrying. Ben pursued Jessa. He went through her father, sure, but that was just a means to his goal. They seem to have a lot of chemistry, but if they just wanted to get married for teh secks, I think it would have happened sooner. Ben's gushy romantic BS is nicely balanced out by Jessa's complete lack of sentimentality. I still don't like them as people, but I do think that their courtship enabled them to learn about each other in ways that most fundies, including Jill, do not know about their spouses.

I agree with the above poster,we really have no idea what Jessa's wedding was like until we see footage. There's no clear winner to me-Jessa's dress looked more like my taste but each wedding fit them perfectly. Jill's was bright & summery with cheesy but cute Pinterest decorations,while Jessa's was subdued with darker colors & a more elegant,princess like vibe. I like Jill and Derrick better as a couple,but the wedding was overplayed and seems so long ago that I think we were all ready for a new wedding.

I think its interesting that most people seem to think Jill and Derick are a true love connection but Jessa and Ben are all about passion and hormones. Jill and Derick were paired up by her parents and barely knew each other (in person) 4 months before getting married (my timeline may be off, but it was very short). Jill and Derick are as much of a love connection as any arranged fundie marriage. They went from 0 to baby incredibly fast and I worry what will happen when they are out of their honeymoon phase and realize they don't know each other at all.

Jessa and Ben were together nearly a year which is unheard of in fundie circles before marrying. Ben pursued Jessa. He went through her father, sure, but that was just a means to his goal. They seem to have a lot of chemistry, but if they just wanted to get married for teh secks, I think it would have happened sooner. Ben's gushy romantic BS is nicely balanced out by Jessa's complete lack of sentimentality. I still don't like them as people, but I do think that their courtship enabled them to learn about each other in ways that most fundies, including Jill, do not know about their spouses.

I think the biggest thing counting against Ben and Jessa for most people is just how immature they can be at times - specifically, the fact that they feel the need to lecture the world on topics they clearly know nothing about. Lots of people do this, but the topics they choose to talk about are very touchy and sensitive subjects for most people (myself included).

Additionally, a lot of people were bothered by Ben's over-the-top romantic way of speaking and Jessa's seeming lack of interest. Personally, I just figured that Jessa wasn't all that comfortable showing vulnerability to the camera (and being in love does make you vulnerable), while Ben was just being himself. I think we sometimes forget that the show doesn't accurately portray every second of their lives.

Does that have any bearing on whether they love one another? No, absolutely not. I don't doubt that they do honestly love one another and I honestly wish them the best.

As for Jill and Derick, I honestly don't think that TLC gave an accurate portrayal of their relationship timeline. People have pointed out discrepancies from the show regarding this in other places, but it wouldn't surprise me if they kept the relationship quiet until they were officially courting. It is still possible that the timeline shown was accurate though.

Additionally, I think their personalities played a role in how people view their relationship as well. They both seem like happy and positive individuals - Jill especially is a very bubbly and optimistic person who isn't afraid to show her feelings (or, at least, to show her happiness). Derick is a bit more reserved, but he doesn't seem to mind showing his feelings either. Same with Ben, though (as I said earlier) Jessa seems a bit more unwilling to share some things with the world - and given that her entire life has been on display for years I can't say I blame her.

Marriage is something that can be difficult at times and both couples are bound to have some issues pop up every now and then. Hopefully they are mature enough to be able to work through these things together.

Yep, Jessa and Ben at least spent tons more time together. They made at least 2 long trips to Bates weddings in Tennessee, a trip to DC, and a longish mission trip. Jill and Derick saw each other in Nepal but weren't on the long plane rides together. I'm sure Jessa and Ben are a good fit for now but SO much is going to change in the next few years. I just don't see them being happy at all.

I really think people magazine knows these people don't sell bur they have a reality tv show so what the heck. I think Jessa's wedding was beautiful. The colors, the dresses really fit. The only thing that was bad was the food
. AND the groom!

Actually, I have to agree. Yes, I like how Jessa's engagement/marriage played out (thumb to nose toward all the "rules"). And I LOVED how she and Ben's actual "Will you marry me?" moment went down. BUT...I do think you're right on how the marriage will play out in reality. There is TONS of chemistry between them (I think), but it is driven by sexual tension, inexperience, and youth. THAT will not a marriage make for the long haul.

But in the meantime, it will be loads of fun seeing just how much grief Jessa will give her parents.

antwan, you should totally write for mad libs, I got a kick out your post about what the class learned. :lol:

I think it just boils down to personality differences. Jessa has always seemed like a very confident and self-assured person. Jill, despite her outgoing nature and bubbly attitude, may not be as confident. Combined with the fact that Jill was literally never alone her entire life and immediately wound up in a situation where she is by herself for hours at a time, I can see why she would be uncomfortable or nervous.

As for Jessa, I think a big part of her reaction could be because Ben doesn't have a job that takes him away from home at the moment. So, for now, she honestly won't have to be alone the way that Jill is.

I can't really snark on Jill for not wanting to be alone. She could have anxiety and growing up in a cult/family where you never go anywhere alone, stay home alone, go through normal life experiences. I think she is having some serious anxiety issues that could really affect her life and marriage, if that's the case than its very sad that she will more than likely never seek counseling or help for something very treatable. Maybe she is just very clingy, but I'm betting on anxiety issues :(

Probably. I'm going to take a chance and say that a few months from now everyone will be sick of Jessa and will think her wedding was cheesy and the pictures were too overdone.

not me

never enough pictures

I'm also going to withhold judgment on whether the wedding was nice or not until the episode airs. People were falling all over themselves after Jill's wedding photos were released - a few months later and people are saying it looked horrible. I still think that Jill's wedding looked lovely and fit her personality well, while Jessa's wedding was also lovely and fit her personality well.

I don't think Jill's wedding or the photos were horrible, I just think Jessa pulled off the 'vintage/shabby chic' look better and her photos seem to have come out nicer.

Mullet is trying way too hard - "It's a beautiful, perfect, sunshiney day!" Gag unto me with a spoon... :ew:

Also laughed at Derick painting Jill's toenails.

That was great. What was the point? Trying to get a cute on-camera moment? Jill unconsciously wanting to show the world how sweet and loving whipped Derick is, still? :lol: Starting to think Derick will be really happy to have Baby Dilly to share the burden of keeping Jill busy. And she will be a wonderful, loving mama, as long as her kids don't step out of line. :teasing-whipyellow:

Archived