IGNORED

Stupid shit on FaceBook

Shirley Blest

I saw this in response to the mayor of Baltimore having a bucket of water dumped on her:

yKFkzUl.jpg

I know OP is using names because fb used to allow stranger tagging, but in my head I'm reading it like "MOMMMUH! I DON'T KNOWWWUH! GOD LEAVE ME ALONNNEUH!"

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or maybe she didn't wonder anything about these women's personalities because THAT'S NOT NORMAL TO DO WITH PEOPLE YOU SEE IN PASSING.

I mean, I don't actively wonder about the personalities of dowdily dressed women either.

Lol I definitely don't. I usually just pay attention to people's clothes and forget about what they are wearing two seconds later

I wonder how addictive this modest dressing is? Will she find herself uncontrollably shopping for head coverings all day long? Toss out her ankle socks for tube socks? Does it just get to the point where you have to cover everything?

Oh wait I think you just become addicted to writing sanctimonious blog posts about your holier than thou dressing standards and receiving compliments on your one piece

I'm always fascinated with hijabis. Many, many women I've known who wore hijabs did so artfully, and their style of modest dress was graceful and stylish, so I'm not buying this ish about looking good being reserved for brazen sluts.

hautehijab.com/

Step it up, xtian frumps!

I'm always fascinated with hijabis. Many, many women I've known who wore hijabs did so artfully, and their style of modest dress was graceful and stylish, so I'm not buying this ish about looking good being reserved for brazen sluts.

hautehijab.com/

Step it up, xtian frumps!

Gothard would probably have a coronary if the ends of the hijab hovered at all over the bosom. Would attract a roving eye lol. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

If I see one more post ranting about how Obama hasn't ordered the flag to fly at "half-mast" (it's half-staff, you idiots!), I'm going to scream.

There are rules and customs regarding how and when the flag is flown at half-staff (HALF-STAFF!), and passing around a meme based on made-up facts and half-truths mostly makes you look stupid. But sadly, people believe anything as long as it makes Obama sound bad and it's attached to a clever picture.

A guy I've gone to school with since elementary just liked this on Facebook

http://chastityproject.com/2015/07/i-ne ... e-so-much/

I know he has worn shorts so I don't know why he is waving the flag for modesty except oh wait he is a man so of course the rules don't apply.

Ugh

And the main difference between a one piece swimsuit and bikini is that the stomach is covered. Why are women's stomachs such a huge deal? I am seeing a lot of outrage among the modesty crowd about the return of crop tops as well.

On that note, another sane and liberal friend and I were having a discussion on my FB wall about an article about the harm of purity culture that she shared with me and one of my fundie Catholic high school classmates intervened to give us a modesty lecture. She seemed to be under the impression that since we object to the way purity culture talks about clothing, we are going out in Daisy Dukes and bending over to show off our booties or something of that nature. (And, yes, we are of an age where we would call shorts that short "Daisy Dukes"). She explicitly explained to us that bending over in short shorts is morally wrong. My favorite part was the part about how it is wrong to even own such short things--be they shorts or skirts--to sleep in in your own home.

I sort of wanted to answer that perhaps her insistence on super modest sleepwear is part of the reason she has never had a significant relationship in her life. But that would get me an entirely different lecture.

If I see one more post ranting about how Obama hasn't ordered the flag to fly at "half-mast" (it's half-staff, you idiots!), I'm going to scream.

There are rules and customs regarding how and when the flag is flown at half-staff (HALF-STAFF!), and passing around a meme based on made-up facts and half-truths mostly makes you look stupid. But sadly, people believe anything as long as it makes Obama sound bad and it's attached to a clever picture.

There's also a rule/custom about the U.S. flag always being the highest flag (i.e. higher than the state flag or other flags around it). That hasn't stopped people from wanting to put the Christian flag above the U.S. flag (on the same flagpole). I just Googled, and apparently there's an exception for a church flag being above the U.S. flag during church services at sea, but that's it. Since these twits are always so over-patriotic, this is the kind of thing that would freak them out if someone else did it, but if they do it, it's fine.

A local-ish county (southern Missouri, Dent County - it was trending on FB for a few days) was planning to fly the flag half-staff once a month for a year, to mourn the passing of the gay marriage bill. They backed down after some military people pointed out the customs and rules for doing so, and "mourning traditional marriage" didn't qualify.

More stupid FB woo-fuckery: A local little boy, age 5, diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor last year. His family set up a YouCaring.com website, which allows comments via FB. Out of 19 comments, most were just supportive, 2 were about fundraisers, and 6 were pimping various alternative cures, including camel milk, donkey milk, tumeric, baking soda & lemon, raw foods, all the info on the March Against Monsanto FB page, and something called the BX Protocol (that comment turned into a sales pitch for her mom's website or something).

He passed away this week, but at least none of the comments on that announcement were of the "you didn't eat right/you should have tried the camel milk" variety.

I also agree on the flag posts. Trump's page is taking credit for making Obama follow his lead. Yes, Trump cares so much about vets. I did post a rant on his POW comments, my grandpa was a POW who didn't surrender per orders after his tank was blown up the first day of the Battle of the Bulge. He spent nearly 6 months being beaten, tortured and starved. He faced death many times to serve his country despite the deplorable conditions he was living in. Many of the men would refuse to work and be beaten, the would work about every 2-3 days depending on their nutritional needs. They'd starve THEMSELVES to prevent the railroad progressing, especially when it was made known to them where Jewish citizens were being taken.

https://youtu.be/YjntXYDPw44

My daughter's dad posted this on his facebook.

Apparently a Marxist Communist Chinese man told this guy that in order to have democracy you have to have religion because people can't be good people without religion.

I think some brain cells died.

My daughter's dad posted this on his facebook.

Apparently a Marxist Communist Chinese man told this guy that in order to have democracy you have to have religion because people can't be good people without religion.

I think some brain cells died.

I love people like that.

"Is religion the only thing keeping you from raping a child?"

I love people like that.

"Is religion the only thing keeping you from raping a child?"

Seriously. People like that scare me. One time someone asked my mom why she's a good person/cares about others if she doesn't believe in hell. Um, because it's the right thing to do?

Current stupid thing:

A reposting of a story about a toddler found ( alive) in a dumpster:

Annoying thing #1 -- It's a tragic case that was solved a couple of months ago. Older brother killed mother and another sibling and threw this baby in a trash bin.

--- about a third of the comments are people begging people to stiop sharing the story, posting the updates, telling people the little boy is fine and with his dad. An annoying third are completely ignoring this and posting over and over and over how awful the boy's parents are, what happened to him, , the parents should be killed! Where's the dad damnit , did they deport the mom yet :angry-banghead: ( Latino boy and last name ) . Completely oblivious.

Annoying thing #2 -- even worse, the last third of posters are people who seem to think they can get the child for themselves. Tons of " I'll take him! " " Where can I pick him up?" " have them contact me! " :?

Like its a " free" ad on Craigslist.

People are so stupid.

Current stupid thing:

A reposting of a story about a toddler found ( alive) in a dumpster:

Annoying thing #1 -- It's a tragic case that was solved a couple of months ago. Older brother killed mother and another sibling and threw this baby in a trash bin.

--- about a third of the comments are people begging people to stiop sharing the story, posting the updates, telling people the little boy is fine and with his dad. An annoying third are completely ignoring this and posting over and over and over how awful the boy's parents are, what happened to him, , the parents should be killed! Where's the dad damnit , did they deport the mom yet :angry-banghead: ( Latino boy and last name ) . Completely oblivious.

Annoying thing #2 -- even worse, the last third of posters are people who seem to think they can get the child for themselves. Tons of " I'll take him! " " Where can I pick him up?" " have them contact me! " :?

Like its a " free" ad on Craigslist.

People are so stupid.

I've seen that. It is sad and annoying. I roll my eyes at tge ones qho think tyey can just go get him and take him home

I've seen that. It is sad and annoying. I roll my eyes at tge ones qho think tyey can just go get him and take him home

That was here. The "I'll adopt him" posts began immediately when local news outlets put the original picture out right after he was found. His extended family and father were located within hours, though. The second child was thrown, alive, in a nearby river and his body was found a few days later. It was a horrific thing.

My tea party relative posted a picture of a short on Facebook that says "I am the infedel Allah warned you about" with a skull wearing an American flag bandana. I just...what?

That was here. The "I'll adopt him" posts began immediately when local news outlets put the original picture out right after he was found. His extended family and father were located within hours, though. The second child was thrown, alive, in a nearby river and his body was found a few days later. It was a horrific thing.

So incredibly sad. I read the brother who was the culprit had small children of his own, and his girlfriend was also convicted as an accessory or something. So those smLl children don't have their parents on top of it. Horrible all the way around.

And it just blows my mind the thought process that makes a Facebook commenter think that....what? .....the police or social services are reading a FB news comment stream just looking for perspective parents for this toddler. Not just offering to take the kid, or asking where they can pick him up, which is bad enough --- but that the proper authorities will come looking for them to take care of the kid. Since they offered and all. Yep, some specially assigned person is trawling through Facebook comment feeds, wondering what on earth to do with this poor " abandoned" baby until finally they stumble across the perfect family ! Why they'll just track them down and drive right over there and drop the kid off! I mean , really, it makes my head hurt to try to imagine how their brain works to get them to that conclusion :doh: :doh: . And many of them are pictured holding, presumably, their own children. How are they managing to care for them if they are really that stupid? It's not a good road to let my mind go down ....

One day, my Facebook feed was blowing up with people upset about the killing of Cecil the Lion. The next day, my Facebook feed was blowing up with people who are upset with the people who are upset abut the killing of Cecil the Lion. Why do they care more about a lion than they do about black people who are killed by the police?

Basically, I agree with a picture someone posted that said: "I am angry that you are posting about [thing I don't care about.] You should be posting about [thing I care deeply about.]"

One day, my Facebook feed was blowing up with people upset about the killing of Cecil the Lion. The next day, my Facebook feed was blowing up with people who are upset with the people who are upset abut the killing of Cecil the Lion. Why do they care more about a lion than they do about black people who are killed by the police?

Basically, I agree with a picture someone posted that said: "I am angry that you are posting about [thing I don't care about.] You should be posting about [thing I care deeply about.]"

Hey...at least it is people killed by the police. In my feed it is "how can people be angry about the lion and still support abortion????" :angry-banghead:

Hey...at least it is people killed by the police. In my feed it is "how can people be angry about the lion and still support abortion????" :angry-banghead:

I didn't have anti-abortion people, but one person equated people who eat meat with the guy who killed Cecil the Lion. Apparently we are just as evil.

I'd like to point out I've seen this person wearing leather and wearing makeup that probably on some level was tested on an animal or contains animal ingredients.

I'm seeing that too. A bunch of people shot her down and said that people still care about police brutality against blacks and that the media likes shiny new stories. This person ended up saying people should care about both.

I'm seeing that too. A bunch of people shot her down and said that people still care about police brutality against blacks and that the media likes shiny new stories. This person ended up saying people should care about both.

Hahaha, a very similar thing happened on my feed.

The latest I'm seeing about Cecil on fb is people mad about the federal government wasting resources to find the dentist. Like he committed a crime and should be extradited to Zimbabwe. Generally, we tend to like it when people extradite criminals back to the US for trial, so I think that means that we should do the same. Also, as ineffectual, as the American government often is, they can handle doing more than one thing at a time.

A couple FB friends liked this post and it showed up in my news feed...

There are comments from people who are pissed the media is talking about Cecil which draws attention away from the abomination that is Planned Parenthood. Uuuuugh

post-3980-1445200063019_thumb.jpg

Archived