IGNORED

Stupid shit on FaceBook

Shirley Blest

At least no one is doing the Ice Bucket Challenge anymore.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least no one is doing the Ice Bucket Challenge anymore.

True, but as so far as how over-hyped that was and people doing it for no other reason as to post videos, it did make me stop and do a bit of research on ALS. I was expecting something similar to go viral this summer, but nothing happened...

I'm tired of the horoscope posts.

"The cute but will kill you in a heartbeat club: Aries, Taurus, Virgo"

Really drives me nuts. They were ok at first but now it seems like they are everywhere and I'm done.

Give me an actual horoscope. Don't tell me I'm gonna kill someone. Or that my bestie is crazy and I'm normal (cause... No. We both crazy lol) Or that I'm gonna be alone forever. Or that I'm bad at math.

Apparently, Oct 7 is the official day for everyone in my newsfeed to start liking and sharing inane "war on Christmas" posts.

:angry-banghead:

I'm in an Outlander group, and for awhile there members were constantly asking us to vote on stupid popularity contests for the cast. I love me some Jamie Fraser but good lord, enough already! :hand:

I had to stop notifications until season 2 begins.

The simple, 'Please pray' Just annoys the hell out of me. I had a friend post that her daughter was in the ER and asking for prayers. Of course, everyone wants to know what happened.

Minons with quotes that have nothing to do with anything.

Minons with quotes that have nothing to do with anything.

THAT!

So sick of those. (And one of those - just a few days ago - stirred up a huge family dispute between 2 of my close relatives, when first close relative didn't read carefully and "liked" one that had been posted by a distant relative - it WAS stupid - and 2nd close relative took offense because the first close relative "liked" it - 2nd close relative thought I should confront 1st close relative about it - well, anyway, you get the picture...)

Over it.

THAT!

So sick of those. (And one of those - just a few days ago - stirred up a huge family dispute between 2 of my close relatives, when first close relative didn't read carefully and "liked" one that had been posted by a distant relative - it WAS stupid - and 2nd close relative took offense because the first close relative "liked" it - 2nd close relative thought I should confront 1st close relative about it - well, anyway, you get the picture...)

Over it.

Reminds me of after my Grandparents moved into assisted living and a woman who is technically my cousin got all excited and was boasting about how she now had a rent free house to move in to. This woman going really insulting towards my mom when my mom posted a mild comment asking if she was going to help out on the farm. At any rate no one in my family except her father and her sister want anything to do with her now. I've taken the Michael Corleone route as far as this woman is concerned...", is nothing to me now. She's not a cousin, she's not a friend. I don't want to know her or what she does. I don't want to see her, I don't want her near my house." And if it became necessary I would have asked my parents to relay to my Uncle that if she was planning to crash any family gatherings to let us know a day in advance so I wouldn't be there. At least with her the feeling is mutual and she doesn't want to have anything to do with the rest of us.

The simple, 'Please pray' Just annoys the hell out of me. I had a friend post that her daughter was in the ER and asking for prayers. Of course, everyone wants to know what happened.

I agree, I get sick of that shit. I know some people legitimately want prayers but 90% of the time, its someone fishing for attention. Akin to someone posting a status about having a really horrible day but not saying why... they want people to ask about it.

Fundie cousin just posted that she didn't understand why liberals were all upset over Cecil the lion when they are all for murdering babies. Ugh, another one to put on mute!

I agree, I get sick of that shit. I know some people legitimately want prayers but 90% of the time, its someone fishing for attention. Akin to someone posting a status about having a really horrible day but not saying why... they want people to ask about it.

I absolutely hate this. And then they deliberately wait until a few people ask about it (or a few hours have gone by) to explain it. Vaguebooking at its finest. ugh.

I absolutely hate this. And then they deliberately wait until a few people ask about it (or a few hours have gone by) to explain it. Vaguebooking at its finest. ugh.

UGH - I hate, hate hate vaguebooking!

Recently a coworker posted "For those who know - prayers please".

:angry-banghead:

I'm annoyed by all the "national holidays" that seem to exist only on Facebook. National Coffee Day, National Sibling Day, National Cousins Day . . . I know that Grandparents Day is technically a thing (at least to greeting card companies), but it only served as a painful reminder that all my grandparents are dead.

I'm annoyed by all the "national holidays" that seem to exist only on Facebook. National Coffee Day, National Sibling Day, National Cousins Day . . . I know that Grandparents Day is technically a thing (at least to greeting card companies), but it only served as a painful reminder that all my grandparents are dead.

ITA - they are pretty much made-up by corporate america so we buy their junk.

This one young lady posts selfie every. damn. day. UGH. Always the same, with her lips slightly parted like she's trying to be sort of natural but sexy and it's NOT FUCKING WORKING! She looks the same as she did yesterday!!! I wish I could post her daily posts for you all! They are RIDICULOUS! Usually with some random quote or something. My oldest brother and I are always sending screen shots of them back and forth, adding our own snarky comments.

The worst is when someone posts a selfie or changes their profile pic just after getting a new hairstyle or makeover and they look awful.

The worst is when someone posts a selfie or changes their profile pic just after getting a new hairstyle or makeover and they look awful.

Yes, that's pretty bad! I saw one of those on Friday! The particular woman I'm talking about doesn't look terrible, just pathetic. She's very entertaining though! :)

I know this has been addressed on this thread before and I have nothing original or witty to add, but I need to vent.

DAFUQ IS GOING ON WITH MLMs????

Thrive, BeachBody, It Works. Oil Life. DoTerra. It seems like in the past year they have just exploded on my newsfeed. The first few people were the ones I expected it of, people who are have money problems, are a bit naive, always falling for the next "get rich quick" scheme. But now it's women I really respect. And they have, or could have, real, lucrative jobs. What on earth are they doing? And why is it always women and not men?

All the false health claims drive me up a wall as well. These are intelligent, educated women. What is happening?

I desperately want to post something about MLMs, how Facebook has given them new life, how if you're posting "selfies" everyday that are just a thinly veiled ad for a product, you're just embarrassing yourself. But I try to be non contentious on Facebook. Someone talk me down from this.

OMG, the MLM shit is like a never-ending disease. I do part time work for a work-at-home company and I set up a FB group for my coworkers to chat/vent since we live all over the US. One day, one of the member starts in with this "Amazing, Life-Changing and Lucrative Business Opportunity." She pleads with people to join her for her webinar to get in on the action (for a limited time) - Ummmm no, I don't want some Professional Deluxe Valuable Training System on How to Make Money Sitting On the Beach for $49.99.

OMGGG, don't even get me started on the fucking nail wraps, beach body, mascara shit, body wraps (go to the gym) etc! I can't take it! And yeah, it's spreading to actual educated, respectable people! I don't get it!!

It really exploded on my FB feed when women in my age group started turning 30. Some are single women. Most are mothers who decided to be SAHMs while their children are young. They seem to turn to MLMs when they suddenly realize they need 1. more money, 2. socializing with other adults.

It really exploded on my FB feed when women in my age group started turning 30. Some are single women. Most are mothers who decided to be SAHMs while their children are young. They seem to turn to MLMs when they suddenly realize they need 1. more money, 2. socializing with other adults.

Yes, that's definitely my experience as well. Also, the MLMs are like venereal diseases, different ones are concentrated in different areas. One former popular girl from high school in northern Virginia gets into BeachBody coaching, and BAM! it's all over. It's definitely popular with young SAHMs. But a lot of these women have very useful college degrees and job skills. Why doesn't my friend who is in amazing shape and is a certified personal trainer just train a few clients a week if she and her husband need more money? Why is she posting all over Facebook about energy patches?

I don't understand how smart women don't see through these things. You really think you're going to make $100,000 a year? And that some wrap gives a medically obese woman the abs of Jennifer Aniston? I mean, if someone actually invented something that could do that, they would be a gazillionaire and it would be all over the news. They'd probably be more famous than Jonas Salk.

Archived