IGNORED

Stupid shit on FaceBook

Shirley Blest

Here's something a friend of an acquaintance posted. She's a "poet" who quit her job to "write" full-time and is being supported by her husband. NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT. But one should probably be a GOOD writer before taking that step, IMO. Anyway, I sometimes look at her page to snark on it.

Here's her poem about how shitty women are. It's practically an MRA advertisement, made pretty and toned down to be more easily swallowed:

facebook.com/rhetoricalredhead/photos/a.636553663076475.1073741829.630737230324785/793822474016259/?type=1&theater

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's something a friend of an acquaintance posted. She's a "poet" who quit her job to "write" full-time and is being supported by her husband. NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT. But one should probably be a GOOD writer before taking that step, IMO. Anyway, I sometimes look at her page to snark on it.

Here's her poem about how shitty women are. It's practically an MRA advertisement, made pretty and toned down to be more easily swallowed:

facebook.com/rhetoricalredhead/photos/a.636553663076475.1073741829.630737230324785/793822474016259/?type=1&theater

Here in the UK, "Crown Jewels" means male genitalia.

I just came across the most horrific facebook group. A friend had posted asking people to report them - although I guess they've been reported lots and aren't violating rules.

They are called Disciples of the New Dawn. I can't even tell if they are an actual crazy cult, or if they are hideously offensive trolls trying to pass themselves off as an extremist cult. I think the later, because their stuff is soooooo out there. But they have 10,000 followers, many of whom I think are genuine, even if their main group isn't.

The whole site is horrible memes of children with Downs, who they describe as autistic. And blame on vaccines, or premarital sex or any number of things. And say horrible, horrible things about. Occasionally they break it up with other kinds of crazy hate towards other groups. I think they think they are making fun of anti- vax fundies -- but they are just evil.

Kind of reminds me of a previous poster here. But far worse.

my fb is quite well monitored, I have a few mum friends who wont post stfuparentsblog worthy stuff, and family, and hobby friends(Star wars and cricket) .

This picture is quite offensive, I wonder if it is real. It is like we don't care if your kid would have died you arent a real women if you didnt use your vagina.

Also they hate against stretch marks, I had a hell lot, i must have been a very bad person then.

It is a whole fb page http://www.facebook.com /DotNDv2.0?fref=ts and not sure it may be like the support for loony woman who says that women should get circumcised.( i think christine weick or welck was her name)

this pic alone should make sure it is a satire group /www.facebook.com /DawnGuardMilitia/photos/a.324588684367015.1073741830.320979734727910/432870290205520/?type=1

and the owner says it all https://www.facebook.com/Really.Angry.Fellow?fref=ufi

https://www.facebook.com/DotNDv2.0/phot ... 24/?type=1

or another loony foondy operation https://www.facebook.com/DawnGuardMilit ... 58/?type=1

http://thepandorasociety.com/disciples- ... r-sincere/

Hey, but they love rottweilers! :)

All I saw was that pic and I had to comment. I super duper love rottweilers, but I sure as heck wouldn't call them a 'good christian dog'. How stupid.

You mean Spoiled Rottenweilers? :D (AKA "LET'S PLAY IT'S PLAY TIME OKAY FINE CUDDLE TIME" dogs.)

On the actual topic: they could be for real or it could be satire. No idea which.

thats the scary part of it, if they are real they are based in kentucky apparently. and their preference for rottweilers against pittbulls is very hilarious.

thats the scary part of it, if they are real they are based in kentucky apparently. and their preference for rottweilers against pittbulls is very hilarious.

I don't think the people who actually run the page are real. It's too all over the place, and a lot of it is just over the top ridiculous. But many of the commenters who agree with their more aggressive posts definitely seem real.

I can't even find the group. A search just show a bunch of anti-Disciples of the New Dawn pages.

It looks like satire to me, but as I said, I can't find the actual, original page. I found one that seemed likely, but there was nothing on it except something about obamacare.

Oh god, that made me barf, thanks a LOT! :lol: Horrified but ultimately not surprised to find out she's from my hometown.

I don't use Facebook a whole lot anymore. In fact, I haven't posted anything since my wedding.

I have one FB "friend" who is one of these that is always and has always been on a diet. She's maybe slightly overweight due to lack of exercise, but she is constantly posting about all of the low-fat products she uses or all about her specifically healthy portioned meals. She's not one to take photos of her food, but the endless posts seems rather whiny and "poor me". I'm sure she secretly "closet" binges and this is her way of making herself feel better. I've been resisting the urge to just say "Eat sensible portions of whatever you want and go for a long walk regularly, instead of whining and supposedly torturing yourself."

I have one FB "friend" who is one of these that is always and has always been on a diet. She's maybe slightly overweight due to lack of exercise, but she is constantly posting about all of the low-fat products she uses or all about her specifically healthy portioned meals. She's not one to take photos of her food, but the endless posts seems rather whiny and "poor me". I'm sure she secretly "closet" binges and this is her way of making herself feel better. I've been resisting the urge to just say "Eat sensible portions of whatever you want and go for a long walk regularly, instead of whining and supposedly torturing yourself."

My aunt has been on one diet or another for my entire life, and, according to my mother, longer than that. And she has never been that heavy. She is about 5'1" and very curvy--not in the euphemism for overweight way but in the DD cup and generous hips way. When she was younger, she was probably never more than 10 lbs overweight at any given time and usually not that. She just had it in her head that she should be 95 lbs like my mother is. But my mother has an entirely different body type than her--aunt is shaped like their mother and maternal aunts all were. My mother is shaped like their paternal aunts--A cup and generally tiny with a very small frame. And in the time I can remember, my grandmother was very accepting of her own body type, so there was never any "be more like your sister" stuff at home--a fact my mom confirms. According to her, my grandmother always told them that they simply took after different sides of the family and both had great bodies. Now, about to turn 72, Aunt is maybe 15 lbs overweight. But she carries on endlessly as if she is morbidly obese. This alternates between endless diet crap and endless memes about "skinny bitches" and why overweight women are better than the rest of us and (my personal favorite) Facebook rants about why thin girls and women should be bullied. Literally, she advocates that some girls and women be bullied--even using that word. When I called her out on it, she told me we all have it coming. :angry-banghead:

My aunt has been on one diet or another for my entire life, and, according to my mother, longer than that. And she has never been that heavy. She is about 5'1" and very curvy--not in the euphemism for overweight way but in the DD cup and generous hips way. When she was younger, she was probably never more than 10 lbs overweight at any given time and usually not that. She just had it in her head that she should be 95 lbs like my mother is. But my mother has an entirely different body type than her--aunt is shaped like their mother and maternal aunts all were. My mother is shaped like their paternal aunts--A cup and generally tiny with a very small frame. And in the time I can remember, my grandmother was very accepting of her own body type, so there was never any "be more like your sister" stuff at home--a fact my mom confirms. According to her, my grandmother always told them that they simply took after different sides of the family and both had great bodies. Now, about to turn 72, Aunt is maybe 15 lbs overweight. But she carries on endlessly as if she is morbidly obese. This alternates between endless diet crap and endless memes about "skinny bitches" and why overweight women are better than the rest of us and (my personal favorite) Facebook rants about why thin girls and women should be bullied. Literally, she advocates that some girls and women be bullied--even using that word. When I called her out on it, she told me we all have it coming. :angry-banghead:

Is your aunt this toxic in person, or is she just this way when at her computer? Really, she sounds awful. Maybe she thinks she's funny in an insult comic way, but crap like that isn't acceptable. Auntie might find herself alone in life when everyone decides to block her.

Is your aunt this toxic in person, or is she just this way when at her computer? Really, she sounds awful. Maybe she thinks she's funny in an insult comic way, but crap like that isn't acceptable. Auntie might find herself alone in life when everyone decides to block her.

My mother thinks that she is perhaps having mental issues. Whether they are related to age or something else, we don't know. She has become very toxic online, both on social media and in emails. She has become extremely defensive about everything and she has begun responding to everyone as if she (or her husband or grown children) are being attacked all the time. One example happened recently when my cousin/her niece posted a nice meme about cousins and tagged all of the cousins she is friends with on Facebook. Aunt immediately responded with a little rant about how she only tagged cousin's on her mother's side of her family and not ours. I pointed out that she did tag me and my brother and that she is not friends with Aunt's children on FB (they don't associate with anyone) and while she has all of four cousins on our side, she has like 15 on her mom's side. Aunt was not happy with that and hate spammed cousin's page for two days then sent an email to her dad (aunt's brother) about how no one likes her family. Or there is the matter of her being in my parents' city regularly and rarely bothering to visit them then sending a hateful email to both my mom and their brother about how she is left out because he and his wife visit my parents and help them and this is unfair to her. All of this kind of behavior (as well as the "people should bully thin girls" posts) has started in the last six months to a year which is why my mother thinks something is not right.

twitter.com/Cheree_Haston/status/587405603426807808

This was on my feed. In the comments section, they were talking about how Hilary doesn't have any accomplishments separate from her husband, how Hilary needs to sit down and shut up, and "THIS is the face of feminism? She's anti feminism!" Cheree said "I bet I'm the only person who has actually MET her!" She also claimed that the haterz were coming out of the woodwork on twitter. Oddly enough, I can't find anybody saying anything about this particular tweet...

She is a pastors wife in Georgia, and is on TBN a lot. She puts herself out there in the spotlight, so I figure she is fair game. But I did break the link.

She also has over 2000 friends on facebook so she probably approves anyone who requests her lmao

I am SERIOUSLY not looking forward to another presidential election on Facebook (excited to vote, just not for the endless posts). My FB friends seem to have a wide variety of political opinions, so the posts range from tea party to communist :lol: I just scroll on by!

I am SERIOUSLY not looking forward to another presidential election on Facebook (excited to vote, just not for the endless posts). My FB friends seem to have a wide variety of political opinions, so the posts range from tea party to communist :lol: I just scroll on by!

I absolutely hate presidential election years on FB. It's already starting...I just saw a pic comparing Hillary to Hitler. Yay. :angry-nono:

I'm already seeing Rand Paul stuff all over Facebook. Ugh.

Which... I sympathize with the libertarian point of view. But from the interviews I've heard with Rand Paul, it sounds like talking to him is like having a Reddit argument in real life. If you can't even hide your asshat-ness during the first three weeks of campaigning, I don't really have high hopes for you, dude.

I pissed so many people off last time by ignoring it all. I have friends/family on all ends of the political spectrum. Apparently, they all think I am on their end and a large number of them think that posting your political views on FB is absolutely necessary. I like to point out that no one is ever going to change their view or vote based on a random social media post. I firmly believe that is and always will remain true.

Right now I have a openly gay friend from church and my fundie cousin duking it out on Facebook. Gay friend is winning. How did the fight start? Over a tornado video. Yep, over something as random as that. How that delved into a fight over LGBT rights? I forgot and don't care to read through all the comments. I might end up joining the fight (on the side of my friend) if I do.

Archived