IGNORED

Stupid shit on FaceBook

Shirley Blest

There was a pretty terrifying hail storm here last year. Some people still don't have their windows replaced. I suppose I should post some sentimental crap about surviving???

Dooooooo iiiiiiiitttt.......

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I caught an article posted on Facebook about a fawn that had been rejected by its mother and had been taken in by an animal sanctuary. So basically, your garden variety sappy cute animal post. Anyway, I happened upon this "gem" of a comment:

oh, how beautiful!! why would a mother reject this!? nature is so odd! if its different, it is rejected and dies! this is why i dont believe in evolution. if nature destroys its young that are different then evolution can't happen!

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Election Season. I know it is official because the first "this candidate is Hitler" meme appeared in my Facebook feed today.

Ugh.

Nothing pisses me off more than Reductio ad Hitlerum. Especially because the memes employing it rarely have accurate information about either the politician being compared to him or him.

And I fully admit that having worked in Holocaust education perhaps made this stuff piss me off more than it did prior to that.

I see that an old grade school friend has taken over their father's chiropractic clinic and turned it into a clinic that uses some system to "unblock the body's natural energies" to achieve wellness. As best as I can tell, no patients are physically touched (although some kind of meter might be waved over them?) and they offer "distance healing". Of course, this person is also antivax and against Big Pharma.

I see that an old grade school friend has taken over their father's chiropractic clinic and turned it into a clinic that uses some system to "unblock the body's natural energies" to achieve wellness. As best as I can tell, no patients are physically touched (although some kind of meter might be waved over them?) and they offer "distance healing". Of course, this person is also antivax and against Big Pharma.

Someone my woo woo not-quite-a-yoga teacher sister-in-law knows used something similar to that for cancer treatment. She preached to me for three months about how my dad should be doing that and that if every cancer patient did that plus yoga, we could eradicate cancer. In addition to the woo treatment, this guy's wife conducted yoga classes where other people "set their intention" as "focusing energy on killing his cancer".

He died at the end of May.

9-11 Truthers appeared in my feed today courtesy of a friend who commented (negatively) on one of their posts. The inability for either side to argue their case in a grammatically correct and coherent fashion was breathtaking.

Found someone else I know who seems like a perfectly rational person in real life claim that "I've been feeling way healthier ever since I stopped using big pharma drugs and switched to homeopathic remedies..." Okay. Well, I mean drinking water I guess can't be too bad for you and whatever...

Recently people also talking about water fluoridation and how "hitler was the first person to fluoridate water..." One of them got pissed at an actual Jewish person who dared to argue with them about the fact...

I guess when your peer group is left leaning/libertarian college students you get a bunch of woo on your feed...

Someone my woo woo not-quite-a-yoga teacher sister-in-law knows used something similar to that for cancer treatment. She preached to me for three months about how my dad should be doing that and that if every cancer patient did that plus yoga, we could eradicate cancer. In addition to the woo treatment, this guy's wife conducted yoga classes where other people "set their intention" as "focusing energy on killing his cancer".

He died at the end of May.

Ahh, I'm sorry to hear it, Louisa05. :(

Sister-in-law, as usual, sounds like she's behaving like a complete loon.

I hope she hasn't been giving you too much grief in the aftermath of your loss.

Ahh, I'm sorry to hear it, Louisa05. :(

Sister-in-law, as usual, sounds like she's behaving like a complete loon.

I hope she hasn't been giving you too much grief in the aftermath of your loss.

My dad is still with us. Not for long, I fear. But conventional treatment gave him probably two more years of life than he would have had without treatment.

It was her acquaintance who only did woo woo treatments and had people doing yoga for the intention of healing him that died in late May. He had a cancer that could have reached remission with treatment and left a wife and two very young children (one born shortly after his diagnosis).

The funny thing is that in spite of him being elevated to her "best friend ever" on the news of his diagnosis and her informing us that we must be sensitive to her as she struggles with his cancer (as if she has been sensitive to me in last 2.5+ years my dad has had cancer) and a bunch of drama like that; (She absolutely loves to borrow drama in ways like this) I'm pretty sure she doesn't know the guy died. I heard it because he is an alum of my (private) high school and the alumni FB page posts notices when an alum passes. But she has yet to mention it at all and typically when there is a death of anyone remotely connected to her, she busts out self pitying FB posts on her personal page and both of her business pages and what not. The last one was the retired exterminator who used to spray at her business... :roll:

Boy, sister-in-law sounds like a piece of work. But then she always does, sadly. :(

So today's Facebook nonsense on my end is brought to you by some really crazy people in my moms group. They all keep trying to outdo each other about baby mama/daddy drama. Most of them keep carrying on about how they separated from their guys at one point, but pretty much everyone involved had side action, and the ones being cheated on would start screaming matches with the ex's or significant other's baby-parent, and blah blah blah, what a bunch of nonsense, because nobody wins anyway.

Not my circus, not my monkeys. Too much foolishness and I'm going to bed. That's what I get for internetting this late.

Someone posted on Facebook that gay marriage will lead to people marrying their pets, which is apparently legal in some places. This was followed by "#AdamAndEveNotAdamAndSnowball"

Someone else posted a meme on Facebook that states all people on welfare should be drug tested because if you can afford drugs then you can afford groceries. :pull-hair:

Someone else posted a meme on Facebook that states all people on welfare should be drug tested because if you can afford drugs then you can afford groceries. :pull-hair:

That one makes a lot of sense to me! :mrgreen:

?

Actually, I almost never actually pay for weed. I usually just smoke with the guys after work... I'm not paying for anything, and I still need food stamps.

I imagine a lot of people are in similar places.

Actually, I almost never actually pay for weed. I usually just smoke with the guys after work... I'm not paying for anything, and I still need food stamps.

I either missed something, or this makes no sense.

So you mooch off your friends and never return the favor?? Your friends allow this pattern of behavior and you never need to return their favor?? How do you pay them back for their favor?

Maybe I'm missing something.

From what little discussion I've seen on this, I think the states usually spend more on the drug testing than they would save by eliminating the fraudulent payments.

And a county clerk in South Dakota is already threatening to marry her dog.

If there was any drama last week on my FB, I was offline enough to miss it, happily. My mother has "liked" Focus on the Family, though. :roll:

so hows the dog agreeing? with a paw print ? xD

Possibly. Someone commented telling this girl that she shouldn't worry because dogs can't hold a pen :lol: Sadly I heard that BS argument before when I was researching arguments against marriage equality for a paper for English class in high school. We had to present both sides of a controversial issue and all the arguments I found against it were so idiotic.

This same girl posted an article about an Africian American student who embraces the confederate flag because it's part of his heritage and he won't let a symbol threaten him. So based on this one guy, clearly having the confederate flag everywhere is okay and everyone should be okay with it.

I sort of want to point out to her that there's the whole minor SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE thing that this country was founded upon. And religion was also used to justify slavery. (Not bashing religion as a whole, but I just hate how people use religion to justify hatred and being an overall shitty person).

FB is not giving a child a free heart if 1000 people share her picture. :angry-banghead:

I'm also getting ready to unfriend all the people who spend their time trying to sell stuff. I already unfriended the Plexus friend who sent me a message saying that she thought I was looking tired and not healthy in my pictures and wanted me to buy Plexus from her. :shifty-kitty:

I either missed something, or this makes no sense.

So you mooch off your friends and never return the favor?? Your friends allow this pattern of behavior and you never need to return their favor?? How do you pay them back for their favor?

Maybe I'm missing something.

Well, when they have it, and they're smoking it and passing it around the circle, I take a few puffs. Keep in mind this doesn't really happen too often. I can't even remember the last time I smoked weed. I could see your point if it happened on a daily or weekly basis, but we're talking MAYBE a once a month habit here.

We don't really keep track of who owes who what, but I guess you could also say I return the favor in other ways that maybe don't exactly involve money. Maybe they're hungry at work: I give them my employee meal. They need someone to cover their shift at work? I'm there for them. My boss, who just smoked me down, wants me to perform a particularly tedious task he doesn't want to do? Well, he did just let me take a few puffs, I'll go do it for him.

Actually, I think I did offer money last time I asked my friend for something... She refused. So you do have a point in that I should at least offer if I approach my friend specifically for it, but if it's like... Pass the joint around the circle once every few months or so... Ehhh.

Weeds also pretty cheap in the town I live in, which has done its best to decriminalize it.

So, yes... I accept what is offered and I don't always pay them back monetarily, but they know I've got their backs if I need it, and again, this is not something that happens on a regular basis. If it was I would just buy my own damn weed.

This idiotic fear- mongering " warning" is driving me nuts:

The top of the post is a photo of a sad eyed little girl, with this " warning"

A guy sends you a friend request. You don’t know him, but he’s got a cute profile picture, so you accept his friend request.

It’s your baby girl’s first day of school. She looks SO cute in her new outfit you just have to take a picture and put it on Facebook so all your friends and family can see.

You’re so excited dropping her off that you ‘Check in’ to her school on FB saying

‘I can’t believe how big she’s gotten. Time sure flies. One proud momma/daddy right here’.

Meanwhile, the mystery guy whose friend request you hurriedly accepted earlier this morning is saving that picture you posted of your daughter in her cute new outfit to his phone and texting it to 60 other grown men across the world with the caption –

‘Female. Age 5.

Brown Hair. Black Eyes.

Price $5,000

Not only did you provide a picture of your little girl to a child trafficker, you’ve handed him the name and exact location of her school on a silver cyber platter.

You go to pick her up at 3:00 this afternoon, but she’s nowhere to be found.

Little do you know, your precious baby girl was sold to a 43 years old pedophile before you even stepped foot off campus this morning, and now she’s on her way to South Africa with a bag over her head, confused, terrified and crying because a man she’s never seen before picked her up from school, and now she doesn’t know where her parents are, where she’s going, or what’s gonna happen to her.

STOP ADDING STRANGERS ON FACEBOOK

and

STOP

posting everything about your life on Facebook.

Avoid keeping children’s pictures as profile picture.

Please share it for the sake of all kids and parents.

Forwarded as received!

:angry-banghead: :doh: Because without you negligently posting your child's first day of school photo - these creepy kidnappers would have NO idea that school yards are just full of ....omg..CHILDREN!! :shock: and, shockingly, about half of these will be girl children!! How could you give away that secret ???? People are so, so, so dumb.

Archived